Post a picture of yourself here

There's no compulsion on anyone to do anything, but for those that want to, here's the place to put them.

If you can't suss out how to get your pics on the net, go to http://theforumisdown.com select the "upload" files option, upload the files from your hard drive, and link to the URL they tell you to in your post using the code [ img]YourpicURL[ /img] (without the spaces after the ['s) This last bit about linking is all in the FAQ's for this board.

I didn't particularly want to post my pics on the net, and for a while I didn't. I know who I am and what I do, and I don't have to prove it, but I did get one or two stupid emails from people who said that I was making it up. So, since I've posted them before, here's my pics...

<center>

Posted Image

<font color=purple>Three in one here. That's me in middle and Calv(left), Xaphod(right) in a London Bar. Note the full beer glass!</font>

Posted ImagePosted Image

<font color=purple>Birmingham City centre and at my place in the lounge.</font>

</center>

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-06-10 14:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-06-13 01:10 ]</font>

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sure is a good start for what we call a 'smoelenboek' in Dutch. So here's my contribution:

Posted Image

This photo was taken at Jeff's place and shows how I walk around daily.

You look good Lion! Tips for anyone posting pictures; 1. If you are showing heels, make sure you take against a light background or adjust the brightness/contrast in a paint program. In Lion's photo, I had to put the picture in Paint Shop Pro to see the boots. They are very nice boots by the way :smile: 2. Cut out unwanted background by cropping the image in a paint program. Background often takes up lots of space and doesn't add anything to the subject. 3. Reduce the size of the image or the compression (paint programme) to bring it down to something like 50-60k max. All of these things are helpful for internet pictures. If anyone has trouble with these they can always email me their image and I'll do it for you.

Posted Image

Hello! I realize some people may not visit Jenny's forum, so I decided to repost. It is also excellent practice for me as I am a writer, and certainly not informed about web coding. Expect more pictures, I think.

I have to be me.

No one else is going to do it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-21 06:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-21 06:33 ]</font>

A revoltuion in honesty and sharing on the internet. :smile: I think this is great for our community. Yes, we will always be cautious, always be vigilant in the face of those who would abuse us for our trust, but I like this picture posting. It makes us seem, well, like more than just personalities.

Hello everyone! Here is the guy behind Charlie's posts...........................

Posted Image

Charlie

P.S. Laurie, you look almost 100% of how I imagined you would. That's wild!

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charlie on 2002-03-24 02:44 ]</font>

Laurie, You say dark and cynical, but I tend to see intelligence, humor, and a nurturing aspect to many of your posts. I suppose that's where I drew my mental picture of you. I don't see dark colors when I read your posts. Charlie

To late. Change any thing in your writhing stile and those who know you will be even more entertained. Yes Laurie, I my self find you quite intelligent and humorous as well.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

B) !!

OK..... Mr Ponytail asked me to post his pics. Hasn't he got a super ponytail ? :smile:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-27 03:13 ]</font>

You've got a great smile Melissa :smile:

If anyone else wants to post photos, you can use the services of http://theforumisdown.com on the upload section.

It's free, but you can donate to help them. Remember, no large photos, they take too long to download. The size of Melissa's is about right. Certainly keep them under 40k by resizing in a photo edit package.

Since everyone's posting their picture now, I can't stay behind ofcourse. Here I am. :smile:

Posted Image

I know, I know... Smiling on command is not one of my best qualities, sorry..

Anyway, if you've got this far reading, your screen probably didn't explode and survived my pic. B)

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Now, I have a comment to make, and it's good, so read it through. Normally, people with a fetish for something might be thought of as... strange. We have images of weird people, crazy looks, extreme styles... From these pictures, we're quite the normal bunch! No one who posted a picture is ugly in any way, or would seem out of place. And Jeff, have more confidence, and do smile. I think we all prove that your regular people in society can have interests that are different and pull them off. Now the guy in the grocery store with the same metallic blue nail polish I am wearing today, with his club kid girlfriend who had the pink braids on blond hair... the look was fine for them too, though neither wore heels. She was too thin and wore some exercise track outfit. They did buy three hundred dollars worth of instant microwave dinners. The guy used a credit card to pay for it. Eating on borrwed time and money, it seems... I think we should all feel good about ourselves.