Wearing Mismatched Shoes on Purpose

Cali

I have about 8 pairs of heels that are the same style but different colors.

Last week I wore a Black and a Blue Ompi Owenry boot at work. Today I wore a Brown and a Black Freebird Blaze.

I have many more to come and will try to get some pictures.

Anyone else participating in this fashion trend?

yes last time was a couple of years ago though.

always fun and the peculiar thing was I was thinking of doing it the other day as I felt like doing something different, instead I wore a pair of heel-less high heels that I have not worn for years either!

I'll try and dig some pictures up. I have a couple of pumps in literally 10 colours each - metallics, pastels, primary colours etc...

Its a cool fun thing to do.

A BBC radio comedy programme from years ago regularly featured a rather gormless couple.   In one sketch,  they went to a dance and she asked him why he was wearing one black shoe and one white shoe.   He told her that he had learned his ballroom dancing 'out of a book'.   And then, after a long pause, added: 'I've got another pair like this at home'.

Perfectly Mismatch, same shoe just different versions. Unless you have a scuba shop that sales it that way . I suggest changing the flip flop and diving boot feet and un-whine.

• 2 months later...

I thought I would add today's heels I wore. Not only to work, but out shopping and running errands.

Many times more double takes and triple takes than usual today.

MisMatch1H.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't do that myself, especially on purpose. Meanwhile, here's Perfume, a highly popular Japanese pop music group doing the mismatched shoe thing:1fa09f4748059eff3d76187543f8c4cb.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi JeffB

I like that pic you've posted. Monochromatic high heels mixed up. Looks good.

With your styles and discernment - I reckon you could run with 2 different colours of shoes.... (just my crazy opinion anyway)

that said - 2 different colours is fun - but I must be honest and say - matching shoes is still prettier and classier - I would never  mismatch shoes in any formal dress code.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi JeffB

I like that pic you've posted. Monochromatic high heels mixed up. Looks good.

With your styles and discernment - I reckon you could run with 2 different colours of shoes.... (just my crazy opinion anyway)

that said - 2 different colours is fun - but I must be honest and say - matching shoes is still prettier and classier - I would never  mismatch shoes in any formal dress code.

Heck, it takes a titanic effort to resist the urge to make sure my bag matches my shoes, and I often fail at that. No way I could leave the house in mismatched footwear.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Several times I mistakingly wore mismatched socks to work, and took some heat for it - friendly ribbing of course. 

Wearing mismatched shoes, especially girls shoes would never work for me,  but hey whatever works for you is best. 

I tend to side with Jeff’s comment.....  

Have fun.    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

Have fun.    sf

That says it all. I wear heels as much as possible, its a pain thing for me. Trying to hide my heels is impossible in shorts, so I like to have fun with it, play with it, and at times be outrageous with it. Have fun, enjoy life.

SF here's why you took some heat for wearing mismatched socks: Wearing mismatched socks on purpose is very common among the under 25 group. Wearing mismatched socks in someone over 50 is a sign of mental deterioration or bad eye sight.