Paris to Beijing

Pierre1961

As planned I left  home. in the evening ,drove my car to CDG Airport ,parked the car,checked in at the hotel,been to the lounge and grabbed a glass of wine plus some chips. All that time wearing my 14 cm Oxford and boot cut jean. 

No problem at all. Maybe the calf muscles are not so happy. 

Tomorrow a flight to Amsterdam and a  long connecting time in Amsterdam. Then a flight to Beijing. Same shoes. Same pants 

I feel great! 

Pierre 

• Like 3

Yes. It's fun. 

So far I am in the lounge,waiting for my first flight. 

Walking in the airport was easy. Security could have been more difficult. But it was empty. So no one watching me taking the shoes of and on again. At present in the lounge no one seems to have noticed. I am feeling as being in my personal bubble  

I will keep you informed 

Pierre 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, balletboot said:

Really love these heels! Who makes them?

Also im alittle jealous of your trip in heels!

Me too!  Sure wish I was along with you...Will be interested in hearing about how the Chinese people react...

Hello. 

Everything was perfect until the arrival in Beijing 

a short steps after disembarking I felt something strange on my left shoe.20 more meters and the heel broke! 

I had to walk 100 more meters before I could find a seat  then I changed for the sneakers I had in my hand luggage  

what a disappointment! Everything was perfect and the feeling great  

the lessons I learned:

confortable shoes we are use to wear.mantaroty

good training: ok  success 

good quality shoes .failed! 

Not so many people noticed.the few who did said nothing.just a guy with a grey costume looked at me as if I was responsible of all troubles on earth. His face was the sort of one I don't wish my neighbors to have  

the feeling of being with so many people and me with my heels is great.I use to be quite impatient.Waiting standing on my heels was such a pleasure that I didn't care waiting anymore.

i will do it again as soon as I can  

Pierre 

IMG_0570.JPG

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that your heel broke, at least you did have a back up pair of shoes.

”lookd at me as if I was responsible of all troubles on earth.” Is a great phrase.

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Pierre1961 said:

here is one Jeremy. Black and white. 

In Amsterdam lounge. 

Thank you! 

IMG_0497.JPG

These really look great - so sorry you had trouble with them. but well done for traveling in them. and good thinking about the spare pair!!! (next time make the spare a pair of heels too!)

• Like 2

I do have a second pair. But they were in the case I checked in. The trouble happens before the baggage claim. Too difficult to open the case there. 

Now i just wonder if I try to wear that second pais during the way back. They are higher! 15.5 real cm. Sold as 5,5". I can walk in them quite well but for such a long trip. The ones that broke are ' only' 14,5. All of us know that the extra cm could make it impossible 

thank you for the support 

• Like 2

Yes @balletboot  I will do it. I walked in the hotel corridors ,lobby,lounge. I think it would be possible to handle these shoes. 

These are my spare shoes. 15,5 cm. Oxford 55 fetish heel style fron Extremehighheels in Spain. Originally dedicated for the room and restaurants 

Departure on Monday 1 am. Direct flight to Paris. So one more day for training. Even 2 considering that early ( more late than early) departure time.

Pierre 

• Like 3

Im glad to hear that you are! And i looked up those heels.. i just might have to order a pair! Ive been looking the get something above the 5 inch mark maybe closer to 6 inches.

Have a fun trip and keep updating us with the fun!

It took me some years before I know which brands are good for me. 

Extreme high heels in Spain

Fuss shoes in Germany 

Italian heels in Italy 

and Peter Chu from Canada  ( despite it the one  that broke) 

these are the reliable ones in my opinion 

everything else I tried was crappy 

i still have to try skyscrapers U.K.  

Nor easy to find a confortable,with the exact heel height,strong enough for wearing outside all day long 

Hello everyone 

some news: I am on my way back. At present having a rest in the lounge.its really appreciated because the check in ,passeport control and security took me 1 hour. Standing and walking. 

As i am wearing the 5,5 spare shoes that were supposed to be worn only in the hotel,I admit it quite hard. 

After 11 hours in the plane I should have brand new feet for the arrival 

I hope so. Because I know the way is long in CDG 2E airport from the gate to the parking lot. And as the arrival time is around 6 pm,we could expect a long waiting time at the passeport control. French policemen are not really early birds 

keep you updated 

Pierre 

• Like 4

Hello! 

I am back now. I nearly did it! Again a heel problem. The heel itself broke in Paris airport! Broken right in the middle,in 2 parts. 

10 minutes more and the success would have been total. What a shit. 

I was brave,bold ,no calf pain,no ball pain,no walking trouble. 

Now i have to wonder why. It happened twice. Once at the arrival in Beijing. And also at arrival in Paris. Always on the right shoe. 

Does it mean the shoes are not strong enough,or/ and  i don't walk  properly ( i walk really fast and with no special care) ?

is 5,5(15,5 cm in my size) too high? Less than 5", I don't feel as good  

your opinion would be very appreciated. Help!! 

because i won't give up now. I catched that virus and feel so good with ( very) high heels. 

Pierre 

• Like 1