Boot cut or not

killer heels

Ron C,

Hooray!! Glad to see you came out of your shell to share the public experience. Pumps are great but they have to fit very well to be fun since there is less room for flexibility. I have worn pumps with jeans or slacks and enjoyed both looks. I am glad to see you are coming around to the idea of wearing wedges. Remember Ron, there are wedges which run from quite casual to stylish enough to wear to a party or outdoor wedding as I have done now twice. They are the most stable sort of heel you can wear for prolonged periods of shopping and walking or attending an outdoor event. I'm not sure where you went on your first public experience but am glad you did it.

I stopped by the Aldo Outlet store at the Prime Outlets where the manager there has known me for several years. I went into the store wearing some Steve Madden wedges I am very fond of and she told me of a pair of shoes she thought I might like which were on clearance. The bill was $23.75 including tax. It was the Shizuko wedge from two years ago which I was told several times never came in size 11 but yet here they were seemingly waiting for me to walk through the door and buy them. It only occurred to me later that several people had walked past me while in the store and leaving the store as I had forgotten I had wedges on. This is important since we have 4" of snow on the ground here and doubt anyone else had sandals on today. The point is, and has always been, wear what you want and have fun with it. HappyinHeels

5ad6c8c6cd946_Shizukowedge.jpg.0a035a9b3b32ac0c88100837c08ef519.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Ron C,

Hooray!! Glad to see you came out of your shell to share the public experience. Pumps are great but they have to fit very well to be fun since there is less room for flexibility. I have worn pumps with jeans or slacks and enjoyed both looks. I am glad to see you are coming around to the idea of wearing wedges. Remember Ron, there are wedges which run from quite casual to stylish enough to wear to a party or outdoor wedding as I have done now twice. They are the most stable sort of heel you can wear for prolonged periods of shopping and walking or attending an outdoor event. I'm not sure where you went on your first public experience but am glad you did it.

I stopped by the Aldo Outlet store at the Prime Outlets where the manager there has known me for several years. I went into the store wearing some Steve Madden wedges I am very fond of and she told me of a pair of shoes she thought I might like which were on clearance. The bill was $23.75 including tax. It was the Shizuko wedge from two years ago which I was told several times never came in size 11 but yet here they were seemingly waiting for me to walk through the door and buy them. It only occurred to me later that several people had walked past me while in the store and leaving the store as I had forgotten I had wedges on. This is important since we have 4" of snow on the ground here and doubt anyone else had sandals on today. The point is, and has always been, wear what you want and have fun with it. HappyinHeels

5ad6c8c6cd946_Shizukowedge.jpg.0a035a9b3b32ac0c88100837c08ef519.jpg

Love those wedges - really stunning! How high is that heel?

As you say - those were waiting there just for you! 

Not my first time out in heels for sure, just the first time in an actual pump style.  Well aware of the hazards - I have worn a bootie with a thin heel a number of times.  Even my chunky heel Clark's oxfords will wobble a bit on a stone or uneven pavement.  I actually get a bit of a thrill when an ankle twists a bit.  Reminds me that I'm wearing heels!

I've been having great difficulty finding shoes that are comfortable for me.  Yes, I try them on - but a minute or two in the shoe aisle is not the same as walking around for an hour for sure.  Things seem fine in the store and then, after 10 minutes of real wear, not so fine!  Biggest issue is my right foot is at least a 1/2 size larger than my left - may be closer to a full size.  And I can;t afford to buy two pair! 

Edited by RonC

I have feet that are very different as well. One shorter with larger girth.

What's happening? Where do they start to hurt. I've given up on pumps...haven' met a pump that didn't hurt and I avoid single strap sandals, now. I've learned my lessons the hard way (aka costly mis-purchases).  I still buy online, but I try to be very careful.

Biggest problem is if I buy a pair that is large enough for my right foot, within 10 minutes I'm walking right out of the left shoe.  However, I haven't had the experience that these Karmen pumps are giving me with pressure where the nail joins the outside of the toe on the left foot.  Left foot feels fine until I start walking, and then it's quite uncomfortable.  Sandals would likely help, but it is quite difficult to be inconspicuous in heeled sandals.  I just can't do the full out public thing as you do.

RonC,

You might consider getting a shoe stretcher like I did at target some years ago. It will not stretch an entire size rather it should increase the area stretched by up to 1/2 size which may be all you need. I have a lot of experience stretching shoes. Adding a hole or two to the strap of the tighter-fitting shoe should also give you some more flexibility. Shoe companies contract with the companies which own the lasts, the actual molds, upon which all shoes are made. He who controls the lasts controls the industry. Many retailers use the same manufacturers and just put their brand name in it. This stuff is mass produced by the hundreds of thousands and sent all over the world. Some sort of modification to about 20-25% of all the heels you buy is inevitable. The shoe industry will not change for the individual but the customer can change the shoe individually and this is the key. 

jeremy1986,

Thanks for the kind words. These wedges have (including the padding) a heel measuring 5.9".

• Like 1

It's also possible to buy elastic toe cushions in the drug store. These are an elastic ring that fits over the toe and a squishy plastic pad is attached to it. Put it where the pain is and see if the padding helps at all. It just might.

Steve

13 hours ago, Cali said:

The top photo is how I went to work. The bottom photo is to show the boot. I wish I could show it all.

The time will come, no doubt. They are lovely boots, indeed a pity to hide them!
I am sure everyone knows you are wearing them anyway, so why wait?

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, HappyinHeels said:

jeremy1986,

Thanks for the kind words. These wedges have (including the padding) a heel measuring 5.9".

Thanks for the measure. Looking forward to seeing "live" pics of them on you!

• 1 month later...

That's my usual look. If I want to show off my boots (very nice boots made for men in genuine nu-buck leather - actually men's heels in men's 45 D+ size) I wear shorter pants. If I just want to go stealth, I wear a boot cut longer jeans (custom made) so they nicely hide the heel but still look 60s.

IMG_20180611_115727.jpg

IMG_20180611_114719.jpg

IMG_20180611_113352.jpg

IMG_20180611_113324.jpg

IMG_20180611_113316.jpg

IMG_20180611_113250.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

good look!

that rounded shape of the bootie/boot compliments that boot cut pants!

well done

tailored pants require a pointy toe in my opinion

You are bang on what I think works with boot cut and longer hemline denim or pants.

Rock on kind sir

• Like 1

Nice look. The heels are not so visible. I suppose you can walk publicy ,being unnoticed. Exept  if the heels are noisy. 

Such nice shoes could also worth an attempt with skinny jeans . It should still give a manly look. Depends where you live of course