Boot cut or not

killer heels

I wondered what others thought about this. I've kept my wearing quite mainstream in public and with girlfriends, meaning I wear Western /cowboy style boots with at most 3 or 4 inch heels when out and about or dating.  So quite mainstream... Especially if with boot cut jeans. I'm OK with that.... but would occasionally like to show off the entire boot. Inevitably however if I'm with a girlfriend and suggest that she'll say something like 'oh no that'll look odd.... With those heels best to cover them with your jeans honey'.  

Edited by killer heels

Tough situation for sure....Can't help wondering if the gf is more worried about you, or being with you if the heels are exposed....

I surely don't want to recommend going against the gf's advice/wishes while out publicly, hopefully you can talk with her more about it....If you determine she is just worried about you, simply let her know you are not worried and can handle any sort of negative reactions that might come your way. 

You can surely expose you boots with nice tight jeans when you are out on your own though!

• Like 1

Give it some time, after awhile she'll get more and more comfortable with your heels. Also positive comments will come as well. Eventually you'll be able and probably want to consistently show more heel, she'll realize how lucky she is to be with a guy with the confidence to do as he pleases. 

killer heels,

I must ask you this question. A man who chooses the handle "killer heels" is worried about what a casual date thinks if too much heel is exposed? A possible reply in this situation would be; "Honey, I'll cover my heels with my jeans if you cover your closed mind with a tarp." Life is exceedingly short and I would never forget that. Wear what you like and what helps you express yourself. Think if you suggested to your date she change her outfit or cover up something. Exactly. Never will happen. You have the same right to your own type of fashion as any date does. HappyinHeels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies all..... I may have not explained properly. The discussion referred to has happened maybe twice..... to be honest, my ex girlfriend actually bought me the pair with 3.5 inch heels she was referring to and she wasn’t looking out for me or embarrassed or anything like that,   I think she thought from a fashion sense, it was just cooler for me to wear the boot cut jeans over my heels

• Like 1

I would keep an eye out for how women wear pants and heels and mimic that to some degree. I believe most women wearing heels would be wearing dress slacks with a baggy, boot cut style, or skinny jeans. A straight cut leg jean, a bit shorter than normal, about ankle length could work too, if the tight skinny look is a bit much to work out. Too short or to wide of leg and they will look odd. Ankle length boot cut would just be bad!

I don't recall women wearing heels and boot cut jeans, unless they were wearing boots.

• Like 1

I wore bootcut jeans quite a bit for the first few years that I went out heeling, but have gone to more straight-leg jeans lately, which still cover about half to 3/4 of the heel.

I just stopped liking the look of bootcut jeans as much. I still wear some bootcut jeans but they're more of a narrow bootcut. I got rid of any jeans I had that flare out too much. They just look kind of silly in my opinion.

• Like 1

I wear bootcut jeans (from Torrid) almost exclusively. I like the look. I have them in two lengths: Regular for wearing with flats and low-heeled shoes, and Tall for wearing with higher heels. I prefer to keep my heels partially hidden, but not always. Yesterday I wore my Clark's "Adya Clara" mary janes (3 1/4 inch heels) with the regular length jeans, and it left nothing to the imagination. I thought it was a good look, actually. 

Steve

5ac8299d106e1_ClarksAdyaClarablack2.thumb.jpg.d47a41ea43c49c8ac040fbf938cc3f4f.jpg

Clarks Adya Clara 3.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

I wear bootcut jeans (from Torrid) almost exclusively. I like the look. I have them in two lengths: Regular for wearing with flats and low-heeled shoes, and Tall for wearing with higher heels. I prefer to keep my heels partially hidden, but not always. Yesterday I wore my Clark's "Adya Clara" mary janes (3 1/4 inch heels) with the regular length jeans, and it left nothing to the imagination. I thought it was a good look, actually. 

Steve

@Steve63130 Those look fine Steve and are more like I was describing as a narrow bootcut (and very close to a straight leg), which I still wear now. 

See to clarify, my original collection of heeling bootcut jeans just flared out way too much.  I think my goal at the time was to completely hide my heels and it worked, but I think was too much...  and those are the jeans I got rid of, but no your jeans look just fine to me.  I still have plenty of jeans just like yours.

• Like 2

Thanks, HHBoots. Glad you like them. I appreciate the compliments. The jeans don't flare much, but they fall nicely over the backs of my heeled boots and shoes, and the shorter ones work well with flats also. The rise is a comfortable height, and they fit really comfortably.

Steve

SF, I just bought a pair of white sandals like the ones you are wearing in your avatar, from Penny's. Mine have a 3" chunky heel and look great with ankle pants. I like that look very much. Only problem, here it's way too cold to wear sandals out. Today we only had a high of 30*, with snow showers. Maybe in another month, it will warm up to wear sandals out and about. LOL

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Steve, Thanks.....  Mr Bluejay, Sort of off topic but I have also come to really like the ankle strap style of sandals.  I have purchased three pair in the past year.  The most recent arrival is the Naturalizer "Tinda" from Zappos.  I will do a write up in the new shoes section later.  Here's a pic..  

These would look good with boot cut denim pants.  

Now back to the program still in progress.  ha ha    Take care, sf

Naturalizer Tinda.jpg

Edited by SF
update
  • Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Those look really spectacular, SF. Are they stable or do the thin heels tend to wobble when you stand or walk? One of the reviewers said they wobbled. Another reviewer said the strap was big enough to go over bunions. That is good news for me, and they do come in wide width. Naturalizer is one of my favorite brands. I might have to try those. It would be fun to get together and wear the same sandals! You're only 2500 miles away, after all!

Steve

SF,

I like the ankle strap style very much. I like the chunky heel look over the thin heel look. I got a pair from Clarks, "Briatta Tempo" which has the ankle strap with  crossover straps over the top of the shoe. I have them in black, with 3-3/4" chunky heels, with a 3/4" platform They are comfortable to wear, too. Again I like to wear the ankle strap sandals with ankle length women's dress pants. I'm not afraid to show off my heels at all, and wouldn't want to hide them with either boot cut jeans or long length jeans.https://www.shoes.com/clarks-briatta-tempo-ankle-strap-sandal/803556

Happy Heeling.

bluejay

Darn you, Bluejay! I clicked on that link above, to find that shoe was out of stock, but right on the same page it suggested a similar style, Clark's Kurtley Shine Slingback with 3 1/8 inch block heels which they just happened to have in 12W. Of course, I HAD to get them! You cost me money!

:happy:

Steve

Clarks Kurtley Shine Slingback black.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 2

Steve, you know by now that being a member here is an expensive proposition, very hazardous to your checkbook. You constantly see new shoe you just have to have.

• Like 3

SF, I like those sandals - very nice.  I much prefer the crossed ankle straps such as those to the single strap with the high rise back that has been beat to death for the last 3-4 years now.  I dislike the height that the back of the sandal usually gets to - looks like it never fits properly on those.  Jeeze, I wish that look would go away.  I like yours much better.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, RonC said:

SF, I like those sandals - very nice.  I much prefer the crossed ankle straps such as those to the single strap with the high rise back that has been beat to death for the last 3-4 years now.  I dislike the height that the back of the sandal usually gets to - looks like it never fits properly on those.  Jeeze, I wish that look would go away.  I like yours much better.

Sorry to disagree with you RonC, but I do like the look of that high back sandal, ankle strap. I just ordered another pair of them in black. I have them in white and fuchsia colors. I like to wear mine with,  women's ankle dress pants, that show off the heel. We all have our own taste in  heel styles. I know that you dislike wedges & mules and I dislike any type of pointy toe pump.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Mostly true, Bluejay - I do dislike mules, but I've come around somewhat on wedges.  There are some that I like and have actually bought a couple pairs in the past.  I just think that the high back piece on the sandals has run its course, simply tired of seeing it.  It seems to be the choice of women though.  Guess I shouldn't complain if they're actually wearing heels!

Speaking of boot cut, I wore a pair of pumps in public last night for the first time.  Karmans from Payless.  I am not one to be conspicuous, so I did wear them with long boot cut jeans which basically covered the shoe.  It was nice to be out doing some shopping in a pair of pumps - I did enjoy that experience.  Unfortunately, the shoes did not fit quite as expected.  They seemed fine in the store - I knew the right foot was a bit snug and I thought that if I had an issue, it would be with the right foot.  But after walking in them for a while, the left shoe was pressing on the edge of the nail on my left foot, which turned out to be the most uncomfortable.  The right foot was snug, but no real pain.  Anyway, I enjoyed the first time experience of pumps in public!

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed your first public experience. Too bad your toe hurt, is it an ingrown nail because that can be bad.

Walking in heels for long periods (in a mall) is very different than walking around your house.

Ron,

Great progress! Glad you got out in public. You learned your first lesson: It's important to have shoes that fit right and are comfortable. You may need to make adjustments in those Karmens, with padding, moleskin, or whatever. And it's possible those aren't your best choice for walking in public. Only you can decide that. 

It gets easier every time you go out. Just watch for slick surfaces if your Karmens have a hard heel tip like mine do. And watch out for sidewalk cracks, gratings, and other obstacles. We don't want to hear what gravity did to you!

Best of success!

Steve