Help ,advice needed

Pierre1961

I wish to wear these Oxford shoes for my next travel from Paris to Beijing. 

These shoes are really comfortable and I can walk outside for several hours with. 

BUT ! Aren't they too feminine or high? Parking lot,check in ,security,waiting in the lounge,embarquation,the flight itself,disembarqution,immigration,baggage claim,taxi,hotel checking!! These are the different steps! Sure you already know. But each step could be difficult. 

3 different pants are the possibilities I have: 

rather skinny

same but with no  belt. So it covers the shoes a little more.

wrangler boot cut . Not so noticeable when walking.but seated? 

I am bold enough? Has anyone already experience that? 

Security: I have planned carry  pair of flat " normal" shoes in the carry on luggage.that could be considered as a lack of courage.or a rescue? 

Thanks for your comments,advices,any....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry I can't comment on stilettos. I have only worn my block heel boots on planes, including 15 hour flights. Only thing was I needed to take them off because of the zippers.  But I'm bold enough to just take of my calf high 4 inch boots in line and put them thru x-ray. Then put them back on afterwards.

Edited by Cali

Thank you! I am waiting for such block heels. They have been ordered a few weeks ago and it was my plan to wear them. As I am sure now I won't get them before my departure the question is : do I try with stilettos or better to give up and wear stupid men flat shoes? 

I have gone the whole route from arriving at the airport, through ticketing, security, waiting lounge to boarding and flying.  Then through second airport to transfer planes and upon arrival in Canada going through Customs and then picking up rental car.  Arriving at work and then to hotel.  All in Stilletos.  A few nice remarks but nothing else.

Henri

1 hour ago, Henri1942 said:

I have gone the whole route from arriving at the airport, through ticketing, security, waiting lounge to boarding and flying.  Then through second airport to transfer planes and upon arrival in Canada going through Customs and then picking up rental car.  Arriving at work and then to hotel.  All in Stilletos.  A few nice remarks but nothing else.

Henri

I surely an envious of your confidence Henri!  Don from Rhode Ilsand...

Pierre

It is really hard for us to advise...The one thing you mention is that the shoes are comfortable and you can walk in them confidently with no pain....This is the most important thing indeed...The last situation you want is to have to sit down in the middle of the airport because your feet hurt and you can't continue walking....

How much public heeling experience have you had in these shoes?  Do you wear them publicly often now?  I find the key to me having any sort of confidence is to be able to walk well enough in my boots that I forget I am wearing them...Once I forget I am wearing stiletto boots, I become less self conscious, and usually gain confidence/and walk better.  I would not attempt wearing these heels on your trip if you don't have a lot of public heeling experience.   The other thing I would be concerned about is just how you will be received in a foreign country, especially China.  It is hard enough to deal with social prejudices in our home country, not to mention going off to a place where we are not sure just what societal norms/rules might be. 

I love the look of the jeans in your top picture, but admit to only having the courage to wear my levis that cover my boot heels somewhat like in your second picture.  Again, this question can only be answered by you....How much heeling experience have you had in jeans with the heels fully exposed. 

Finally, I definitely would carry a spare pair of lower heeled boots/shoes in my carry on bag "just in case".   I sure hope you are able to wear those killer heels on your trip and look forward to hearing all about it, seeing pictures as well...You look great buddy

1 hour ago, Henri1942 said:

Henri

Henri

I am sure envious of your heeling confidence buddy

Don from Rhode Island

Thank you so much for such a long and interesting answer. 

I have already worn these shoes publicy in Paris. Such a big city. No one cares. Or I didn't notice if anyone did . That's could  be the best sign. 

Your right ,China is nor Europe or North America. But I would think that they could judge me as a western weirdo,and accept it. I have already been in China several times and except with the people I work with and appreciate,all others seem to have no judgment. 

I wont wear heels when with them! 

Of course ,for security reason I will carry flat shoes in the carry on bag. Never know. 

Will I give up a the last minutes? I hope not.what a shame !