How many MEN'S shoes do you have?

jeremy1986

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Speaking of practical shoes, I can't wait for the weather to finally warm up so I can break out my flat sandals which I've come to love wearing.

In theory, I like flat sandals also, as long as they are leather and fairly thin-soled. However, in practice, I rarely pass up the opportunity to wear heels, so I am reluctant to purchase flatties of any sort, for fear it will be a waste of money. I have one pair of flat sandals which never gets worn, to the point where the leather is starting to become hard from neglect.

• Like 1

I fit EUR 36, so have to get my men's shoes from the kiddie section... 5M ( including xc ski boots, hiking boots) and ~200+W 4"-7" stilettos and a few wedges.

Men's shoe styling never changes much, but women's ever-changing styling is just amazing :)

3 hours ago, hernaezjames said:

Quote stiletto6 not Mr James 

Wow, not even athletic shoes, or golf shoes? Even with 300 pair of heels I still have those. 

Edited by Jkrenzer
Error

I haven't purchased men's shoes since 2010 and don't plan to ever again. So some day I will only have women's shoes, including athletic shoes.  When men's shoes don't fit, why buy them.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:24 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Wow, not even athletic shoes, or golf shoes? Even with 300 pair of heels I still have those. 

Yes. All of my sneakers, running shoes and jordans are from womens department ,(size and colorway) even my jordans. Loafers, flat sandals all womens pair. So yeah, i got no pair of mens shoes. 

One pair of safety boots (non conducting), one pair of Italian hiking boots in men's size, and one pair of sneakers in men's size.  So the answer would be three.  All the boots I have are either 10 or 11M.  They number about 40 last count. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, I can honestly say I don't have any "men's shoes", but am stretching the definition a bit....I collect vintage adidas, so have many pair of men's sneaks.  I have plenty of men's boots also, probably about ten pairs of "women's boots"...

I count 2 pair of sneakers, 2 pair of dress shoes, 1 pair of "beaters" that I do yard work in, & 1 pair of rubber boots for when its too wet for even my beaters to endure, although they can be  worn by both sexes i suppose...

I have a box somewhere with 3-4 old sneakers, a dress shoe (that never fit), hiking boots when I absolutely need them. Haven't purchase men's shoes in over a decade. And two pairs of the original Uggs They're great when you come out of the surf.

Edited by Cali

Since I am a man, by definitional all of the footwear - boots and shoes - that I own must be a man's. In terms of styling I have a few pairs of ankle boots and knee boots with heels. I also have a couple pair of knee and otk boots without heels, or rather, with low heels. Otherwise several pair of hiking boots and trainers, and a collection of colourful Converse lo-tops

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

I originally answered this about two years ago, and amazingly enough, my answer remains the same--I have two pairs of men's sized shoes, 1 pair of Church's formal black oxfords, which I have had for over 20 years (yes, they are THAT good, or at least they used to be that good), and the same pair of Adidas tennis shoes. The Church's have not been worn in over a year, and that is because I didn't go to Vietnam this year with my wife (where I am not allowed to wear heels), and nothing else of such importance has come up where I needed to wear them. Believe it or not, I actually really like those shoes, and used to wear them a lot. The only thing I've got against them is that they're flats, and I ain't got time for flats anymore. The tennis shoes are yard work beaters now. I haven't actually played tennis in several years, though I aspire to return to the sport someday. Any other athletic endeavor I participate in, I do in my bare feet. Well, except for bicycling, but at my level, it doesn't really much matter which shoes you wear to ride a bicycle in, so typically I either wear flat sandals (more about those in a minute) or my beater tennis shoes. Occasionally, very occasionally I will wear wedge sandals to ride a bike, depending upon.  .  . things. I do not make it a habit, though I think I care less and less each year how odd it looks. I have said before that you have to go to Asia, or possibly Europe, to see even women riding a bicycle in heels, so I won't do it here. I might change my tune on that, we'll see.

Beyond those two pair, I still own about the same number of flats that I did two years ago--2 pairs of work boots, one pair of casual full coverage shoes, two pairs of thong-type sandals, both fake leather, no rubber ones. I quit buying real leather flat sandals a few years ago because I don't wear them often, and in any case, they just don't last very long before they are getting raggedy looking, so I don't want to spend the money on despised flats. And, as I mentioned two years ago, none of these shoes except for the Church's and the Adidas tennis shoes are technically sized as "men's" shoes. With narrow, short feet, I just buy women's sized shoes for everything anymore. Should have thought of that years ago. I guess I did think of it years ago (about 8 years ago, to put a number on it). I should have thought of it 30 years ago, it would have made my life incrementally better.

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

& 1 pair of rubber boots for when its too wet for even my beaters to endure, although they can be  worn by both sexes i suppose...

Oh yeah, forgot about those, I have 1 pair of rubber boots somewhere, and snow boots (which are women's sized, but totally unisex). I have not had need for the rubber boots at work for several years, thank goodness. I have another pair of rubber "rain" boots that I use occasionally around the house or for setting up at a farmers' market (wife's business, and it's often heavily dewed grass that we set up on) that have a slight wedge heel. Don't know that I would wear them to work, though. They are simply not heavy duty enough for construction.

Edited by mlroseplant
Clarity, although it is still a meanandering, disjointed post. Sue me.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:23 AM, Shyheels said:

Since I am a man, by definitional all of the footwear - boots and shoes - that I own must be a man's. 

This.  I have a pair of custom cowboy boots that have 3.5" heels.  Since they are custom made they were not on the shelf of either a "women's" or "men's" side of the store, and they are built to the exact shape of my narrow feet.  The only thing defining if they are "men's" or "women's" is who is wearing them.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have plenty of "socially men's" shoes because of... society. Around 6 or 7 pairs.

I have now 5 pairs of "passing" shoes (shoes that are more or less "manly") but are sold at the women's department. 3 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of clogs. Needless to say that I wear these 5 more than any other pair I have.

I don't count the "socially women's" shoes anymore because they're in a closed out of reach storage but I think about 10 pairs today.

Cheers

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I stopped buying shoes sold as men's back in 2010.  I still have some old running shoes from then that I use when my backyard is under water and I need to do something out there.  Men's shoes never fitted my feet and led to many reconstructive surgeries on my feet, ankles, and knees.

Sold as Men's shoes: 5 (include my chest waders)

Sold as Women's shoes: over 70 including running and flat sandals

Edited by Cali

For this question : One (1) pair for the athletic club.  One (1) pair for yard work. Four (4) pair for casual and dress. One hundred thirty (130) pair of high stiletto heels with 5" heels or higher . Do not wear flat heel shoes in public unless I am forced to. DSCF4008.thumb.JPG.7f3ee03c19cb11dad67a05957b8c5b5d.JPGDSCF4021.thumb.JPG.d31a0310ddcb8414e611db4be2e43a0b.JPG  Mike

• Like 3