Everyday wearers - how many different pairs .....

Cali

Everyday wearers - how many different pairs do you wear during a week? during a month?

I wear high heels everyday to work. I like to wear a different pair each time and can go for months without repeating a pair. Many times I pick my outfit for the day based on the shoes I'm wearing. (Yes, I'm a shoe whore.) The only change is for weather, I like my Madden Girl Krisis on nasty weather days. Also I have some that are better to dance in.

My question to everyday wearers, do you wear a different pair everyday or do you wear a pair for a few days in a row, then another pair. 

• Like 1

Honestly , during a week about 5-6 pair depending on my mood and work schedule . By the month 20-24 . Unfortunately , there are some heels in my closet that have not seen the light of day in 2-5 years . Per the last question you asked I wear mine based on mood more than anything . Like you , I also adjust my outfit to match the shoes . I never take weather into account ...... can't risk ruining a great pair of heels .  

• Like 1

I had to think about that one. Since I work construction, I do not wear heels to work, so I guess it depends upon whether I have to go out in the evenings when I get home. At home, I generally wear the same pair of Steve Madden open toed mules as house slippers, but if I have to go somewhere, I generally pick a different pair of shoes each time. I know that in the past, I would purposefully make sure that I didn't wear the same pair of shoes twice to church or to choir rehearsal, but I care less about that now. Even though I have somewhere around 50 pairs of shoes, I always feel like my selection is so limited. I wish I had more. Of course, 50 pairs sounds like a lot, but you have to figure that about 1/3 of those are summer shoes, and 1/3 are winter shoes. The remaining third are shoes I rarely wear for one reason or another. These fall into three main categories: Shoes that are too high for me to walk in gracefully (these are aspirational), shoes that are too low to hold my interest any more (I have quite a few like this from my early heeling days), and shoes that are OK, but maybe don't fit quite right or have some other defect that causes me not to wear them much.

To more clearly answer your question, I rarely wear the same shoes out two days in a row.

• Like 1

I usually get to wear my heels everyday. I work a night shift so my morning routine does not usually start until around 10:00am. I wear my heels around the house and they usually are coordinated with what I am wearing somewhat. I generally just wear skinny jeans and Tshirts but if there is a corresponding color in my shirt I may match the heels to it. Throughout the day I may change heels a couple of times depending on the comfort level and mood to experiment with other pairs. Sometimes after work I will take a drive to the local coffee shop drive-thru to get a tea to "wind down" before bed. This usually consists of another pair of heels and more often this winter involved a pair of thigh high boots and leggings. As for changing heels because of heel height, it is not a factor because of most of mine are platform heels which are 4" and up.

I do have my "go to heels", that I may wear every other day just because they are easy to slip on and a generally neautral in color but not in style. They are my Pleaser mules. I find them comfortable and I prefer how they look with most of what I wear for clothes. If you have the heels you might as well enjoy them!

I never wear the same shoes two days in a row, mostly for health reasons, as leather and some faux leathers need time for perspiration to evaporate so bacteria don't grow and get stinky. I often change shoes two or three times during the day, depending on mood, weather, venue, and activity.  My collection is divided into summer shoes (mostly sandals) and winter shoes (clogs, pumps, boots and flats). My closet holds about 72 pairs on 12 closely spaced shelves (6 pair/shelf), plus a dozen pair on the floor. And I have about that many off-season shoes in plastic bins under the bed. Tall boots go in the front hall closet, and I have 6-8 pair of those. And I have about 3 dozen pairs of shoes in a storage locker. Those I don't wear much but can't bear to part with. I try them on periodically and sometimes I reclaim them to the closet or else reluctantly give them away. That's so hard to do, as most of you know!

Steve

• Like 1

I always keep a pair of wedge sandals under my car seat for driving which can also work for stopping at gas stations or certain other stores. I have extra pairs in a box in the car's trunk which I change now and then. Weather and mood, sometimes woven together, may dictate a change. I have been an advocate of carrying a backup set of heels, like in a handbag but possibly also in the car, to cover different venues and situations. You can always wear wedges on the way to somewhere and will have no worries walking over the drawbridge. If you had chosen stiletto heels this bridge becomes quite another matter. It also helps in the situation if a heel breaks and you find yourself without functional footwear. A proper car kit should include a tire jack, road flares or safety triangles, first aid kit, flashlight, extra water especially in North and South America and in Australia, as well as an EXTRA SET OF HEELS. Don't leave home without them!

I can attest that the shoe collection of Steve63130 is organized with military precision. Perhaps his heels were standing at attention when I visited. He really is an organized guy. My home with four people (26-57) living here looks more like a flea market in spots. I'm only missing price stickers and customers! :shocked:HappyinHeels

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

A proper car kit should include a tire jack, road flares or safety triangles, first aid kit, flashlight, extra water especially in North and South America and in Australia, as well as an EXTRA SET OF HEELS. 

Love this!!

On 3/29/2018 at 1:24 AM, HappyinHeels said:

A proper car kit should include a tire jack, road flares or safety triangles, first aid kit, flashlight, extra water especially in North and South America and in Australia, as well as an EXTRA SET OF HEELS. Don't leave home without them!

I can attest that the shoe collection of Steve63130 is organized with military precision. Perhaps his heels were standing at attention when I visited. He really is an organized guy. 

HiH,

That is indeed a great quote! 

Thanks for the confirmation on my collection. When we lived in our big home, we had plenty of room for shelving for my collection, but when we moved into our retirement community we had to downsize. We went to The Container Store and had them design closet shelving which can hold 72 pairs plus room on the floor for 8-10 more pair. Downsizing motivates one to make use of every cubic millimeter! I'm not sure I'd describe my organization the way you did, but I'm glad you were impressed!

Next time you're in the neighborhood, plan to stop in and see us again! It's always good to visit and catch up!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 6:01 PM, Cali said:

My question to everyday wearers, do you wear a different pair everyday or do you wear a pair for a few days in a row, then another pair. 

I always rotate my shoes. I wear heels everyday and I have 5 pairs of work shoes.

I usually almost always carry a spare pair of pumps in my handbag (only time I don't is if I downsize my handbag). I have a spare of 4 inchers in my desk draw at work - but they are a semi retired pair of good work shoes. I buy at least a couple of new pairs of black work heels every year (we are limited on what we can wear) and I clean them and get them heeled regularly.

I admit occasionally I wear the same heels 2 days in a row - but I never will if I am wearing hosiery. I wear hosiery in winter (more often than not) and I always wash hosiery every day and I always change shoes because I sweat much more in stockinged feet - and my feet smell more. Normally in bare feet I can get hot in heels but my feet never smell - ever - but stockings.....

I would have 200 to 300 pairs of pumps - that would be a fair estimate, maybe 10 pairs of boots. Definitely a pump fanatic here !

I like to have lots of choice and I rotate my shoes and match them with my clothes.

I rotate, never wearing the same pair twice. I have enough shoes so I can manage that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!