Hello everyone

5 minutes ago, Tech said:

Nobody wears stilettoes for lower back pain... You want stability, not to create instability and walking on your toes in flimsy battered shoes.

Cali got into heels due to back issues....

I use heels to change how my femur sits in the hip joint. I look at the difference between toe height and heel height, I need over 3 inches for 80% relief and 3.75 to 4.5 inches or more for complete relief (most of the time). I have over 40 heels with around 4 inch difference. I have one pair, Victoria's Secret Ruched Velvet platform stiletto sandals. I have worn them about 10-12 times, about 3 - 4 times a years.

VSstilettoH.jpg

• Like 2

Wedges, block heels, I have some skinnier ones too.

My relief is from the differential, not the type of heel, but wedges and block heels are easier to spend 12-14 hours in.

• Like 1

I agree it is much easier and comfier to wear block heels, my relief is from the elevation and posture, as the problem is the loss of my lumbar curve, I do have other pairs but also enjoy other aspects of wearing stilettos etc :fine:

• Like 1

One, like to say welcome to the site. Two, think it is about time to trade in your well used heels for some new ones. 

Might I suggest taking a look at the Shoes of Prey site? At their site you can custom design your shoes be they classic pumps to sandals to suit your tastes and fit. Cost is around $ 130 to $ 160 per pair of shoes, but that is not too bad a price for custom heels!

Again, welcome!

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:11 AM, Mitsysun1400 said:

I agree it is much easier and comfier to wear block heels, my relief is from the elevation and posture, as the problem is the loss of my lumbar curve, I do have other pairs but also enjoy other aspects of wearing stilettos etc :fine:

We all enjoy those other benefits/aspects of heel wearing for sure buddy.  Like they say, why should women have all the fun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Welcome, @Mitsysun1400 - great to have you!

And Cali - these heels look superb!! Where did you wear them out to?

Worn them to work, Home Depot, just whatever I need to do when I have them on....but I can't drive in them...also don't want to wear out the backs while driving. These are the hardest pair I have to walk in, but they are the sexiest  pair I own.  And they are head-turning, women drop their jaws when they see them.  It's really funny to see this.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Cali said:

Worn them to work, Home Depot, just whatever I need to do when I have them on....but I can't drive in them...also don't want to wear out the backs while driving. These are the hardest pair I have to walk in, but they are the sexiest  pair I own.  And they are head-turning, women drop their jaws when they see them.  It's really funny to see this.

Honestly don't understand why many can't drive in heels, I've never had an issue manual transmission included. I disagree with tech a bit on stilettos,  I find thinner heels are easier than block heels, the tip lands better. Of course the heel back stilettos are not as good. Maybe I just have stronger ankles, just prefer thinner heels.

• Like 1

I drive in my heels except my stilettos.  I found that my tip frequently got stuck in the carpet.  Since I drive a mountain road to work and back, it's (my) safety that I err on. I also don't want the back of the stilettos to get damaged. I also stand/walk for 6+ hours at a time.

• Like 1

Hello 

I also often drive with stilettos. But to be honest I am sure that my feet won't move as good in case of a emergency. 

Concerning walking I agree that stilettos allows an easier walk. And much nicer than block heels. 

On the other hand block heels are as eyes catching so easy for a  public walk. And in case of dillicult pavement 

I will try Cuban heels soon. They could be a good alternative. 

Pas anyone already try ? 

Pierre.