Men's wear and open toe sandals

Cali

Since there has been a lot of talk about "men's wear" and heels, but no topic started, I thought I would start one.

I wear open-toed high heels sandals most of the summer. I wear them with shorts and long pants. Because I show my toes, I have them painted.

What do other men do when they wear open-toed heels with long pants or shorts (sorry Meganiwish - SHORTS)?

In the past and present, i'm not a shorts person. Being in the woods, and construction / manufacturing sites, just wasn't a good idea. Within the last couple years, I've discovered denim mini skirts for around the house in the summer.

When I get somewhere aware from the home turf, I am likely to where some flared jeans an a summer sandals out to dinner if i'm not with customers or co-workers.

Painted toes?? - - Not likely to happen. Co-workers would have a field day with that if they caught a glimpse, and I highly doubt the wife would go for it.

I am not asking what you do at home behind close doors. I put my heels on at 7 in the morning and go off to work. I only take them off when I get home, sometimes around 8 at night. Day after day. 

What I am asking is for those that wear open-toe heels on a regular and consistent (daily) basis, what do you do with your toes?

I'm pretty picky about my feet. If they aren't looking very presentable, I don't wear sandals. Since sandals are my very favorite, I generally keep on top of the pedicure situation. I do my own these days, as my favorite nail tech quit the business a number of years ago. 

Notice I did not say anything about polish. That's because I don't wear any. I'm just not a big fan, on men or women. I just prefer the look of meticulously groomed bare nails to enameled ones. 

Cali,

I think I answered a variation of this before but I keep my toes polished all year. I'll typically wear open-toe sandals, nearly always wedges but occasionally a chunky-heeled sandal, with bootcut women's jeans with no obvious embellishments on the pockets. An androgynous type of sweater or a polo or possibly a turtleneck sweater for a top. This may well how you see me from March to November. I  this state of mine we have seen temperatures as high as 87 in March of 2012 to as low as 61 on an early June afternoon to 96 in the latter part of this last September. Temperatures below 60F/15C do not scare me away from sandals. My nail polish will change from bright colors in spring and summer to something of a harvest orange in fall to mostly red in winter. HappyinHeels

I always wear colored polish on my toes year round, mostly red or fuchsia . I'm not afraid to wear polished toes when, I'm wearing sandals or peep toe shoes, out and about.  My wife's OK with my polished colored toes. I often get compliments on my appearance from the ladies or a statement from guys that would like to wear color on their toes. ie " You've got bigger XXXXX, than I have.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I wear nail polish all the time.

I get ribbed at soccer but they’re used to it now. I wear thongs to the hardware store and drinks with neighbors.

not an issue !

Regards

James

This is the first winter in several years that I have NOT worn nail polish on either toes or fingers. Last October my dermatologist (a woman) said I had a serious fungal infection and recommended I lay off the nail polish until the infection clears. My left big toenail was longitudinally split 75% of the way from the tip to the margin and looked really bad, so I followed her advice, used the fungal cream she prescribed,  and decided to give my fingers a little breathing space as well. My big toenail has grown out a good percentage of the length of the nail now, and looks much better. All my other nails look healthier, too. In fact I put on a couple of coats of clear nail polish this past weekend, the first time since autumn. Usually I use colors, but I was rushed for time and you can't hurry with color. I will probably get to color my toes in April when I start wearing heeled sandals again. Until then, I'll let the nails grow out some more. Fungal infections are certainly no fun!

Steve

Last two summers were my first to finally be brave enough to wear sandals with painted toes.  I usually do darker nail colors (like gun-metal, dark blue, and occasionally shiny silver or a nude-pink color when I feel more daring.  The sandals I wear are neutral looking black or brown, and a 2.5" wedge heel or lower.  With mid-thigh shorts, shaved legs and painted toes, I feel that I'm pushing boundaries about as far as I dare without going completely over the top with more obvious high heel sandals.

A look I could readily embrace were dear wife more accepting of taking my hobby public. I personally think that open toe shoes should always be accompanied by a pedi of some sort, even glossy clear.

Logjam

HHBoots,

You might push the envelope further (i.e., higher heels or more variety) with long pants or jeans. If I wear sandals with 3" heels or higher, I wear bootcut jeans. I like the look and my wife is ok with it. If I wore the same shoes with shorts, she'd hand my head to me!

When it's warm out and shorts are preferred, I'll wear lower heels - 2 to 2.5" wedges or some such.

Always with a pedi! I prefer more neutral colors, like grays, pale dusky red, metallics, and skin-matching "nude." I rarely do clear and I never do dark colors. 

Steve