How high of a heel and shaft do you like in a boot

geo

I have some ankle many knee and a lot of thigh high boots.  A few 4” mostly 5-6 “ a couple of  7”.  

Mostly in thigh high boots and a mini skirt to go out on date night or to the city.   Ankle and knee boots with jeans, skinny jeans or leggings for just running around 

• Like 1

Generally speaking, I like taller shafts,  stiletto heels taller than 4", and pointed toes.  But, I can honestly say that I enjoy many styles of boots, it always feels nice to try something different, or rediscover a pair you haven't worn in a long time....

• Like 3

4-5 inches minus a thin platform is good for walkability.  Preferred heel style, a classic supportive and centered fetish heel.

The shaft crotch hi, woo!  At that length they’ve gotta be very well fitted or have some kind of thigh cuffs or be chap boots though.

Edited by alphax
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have ankle boots and knee boots. I much prefer boots with a side zipper. My boots have heels 5-6" and I have worn the knee boots only with a skirt or dress. The ankle boots I have worn with both bootcut and skinny jeans. I like boots but do not have the variety of boots or experiences others her have. My passion is for sandals with big heels or pumps with very tall heels. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My tastes have changed over the past few years. When I first started heeling, I was most comfortable in ankle to mid-calf boots with boot cut jeans or pants/trousers. However, as I have become more confident in my style, I have taken to wearing skinnier pants almost always, though I rarely wear truly tight "skinny" jeans/pants. Mid-calf boots don't seem to work out so well with slimmer pants--what do you do with them? Outside or inside? Neither looks that great on me to my eye, so I have gravitated toward either knee highs on the outside of the pants, or ankle boots. All my boots are in the heel height range of 4 1/2 - 5 1/4 inches, and are either stiletto heels, or nicely tapered thicker heels. I'm not a big fan of straight sided block heels. To me they look clunky. Oh, and all of my boots save one have a small platform, 1 inch or less. I have one pair of boots with a 5 inch heel and no platform, but I'm still working up to them as far as wanting to wear them in public without looking silly. I am aware of my physical limitations. My graceful limit right now is about a 4 1/2 inch difference between heel and platform (size 9 U.S. women's).

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 7:12 AM, bnchmrk said:

I prefer an OTK boot or a thigh high. Heel height preference is 5" and up but I do own others besides. This is one of my more radical pairs I have that are favorite.

large.20171227_143308-1082x1651.jpg.78b0e370d19f39f275ff00ec8977bd38.jpglarge.20171107_125958-932x2076-466x1038.jpg.e6262f80d48f5ad9f8871ebe57362940.jpgWhat leggings are you wearing in the first photo? I like the cutout detail on the thigh.

Wh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always worn boots, mainly hiking boots, ever since college days and while I like hiking boots well enough, with their suggestion of piney trails and outdoors, I don’t much care for the bland styles of men’s boots in general which are invariably some dull version of chukka.  I envied the flair and the range of heights and boot styles available to women. Ankle boots, knee boots and slightly otk boots are all nice in my book. They don’t have to have heels, but I like the bit of raffishness a heel lends them. It doesn’t gave to be high either, just enough to give me the satisfaction of bending the rules and flouting conventionality. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this thread is too old to reply, but I am new here and I liked reading the responses to this topic.  I like the 18" shaft height, covering the calf all the way up to the knee.  I like the cozy feeling of fitting leather shafts wrapped around the calves.  I like the idea of wearing even taller boots to extend that coziness up to the knee and thigh, but I'd want something that continues to be form fitting.  

• Like 2

I'm comfortable with any heel height between a 0.5 to 3.5 inches.  As for shaft, I prefer ankle boots but have a couple of knee-high boots.  

These are my favorites in airports, as they don't attract too much attention.  I'm not an exhibitionist by any stretch of the imagination.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Edited by kikepa
  • Like 2

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 months later...

Ankle and Knee High boots are my preference but I have 2 pairs of Thigh High Boots and a pair of Ballet Ankle Boots. My boots range in heel height from 4 to 7 inches ( quite the broad range ) preferably stiletto but I do have a few pairs with some block heels.587940064eaa7_7inchKneeHighBoots003(633x640).jpg.548e27cb69d335d4419bda12612c597a.jpgIMG_2422.thumb.JPG.7819f2c3b234f2fd2761ceac32da0950.JPG1503542225_AnkleBootBalletHeels1(640x562).jpg.35bc0bc764d99dfba8bd79181b719c0e.jpg

7 hours ago, jessica6 said:

Mine are all 4" to 5.5".  Most comfortable is about 5" for me.

patentBootsLockedDenim.jpg

Truly a hot pair of boots and the shackles make them even more alluring I must say!!!

• Like 3

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

ing hot, love the shackles, perfect fitting jeans also

Oh sheer boot perfection :)

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Those boots are smoking hot, love the shackles, perfect fitting jeans also

Quite simplt Stunning

• Like 2

I have mostly three to four inch block heel boots.  These are divided between ankle, knee, and over the knee styles.  Most have a western style stacked heel, a few have a straight block. I have three pair about 4.5" and one lone ankle pair at 5" with a platform.  I ran out of closet space so I let go of 1/4 my collection last Saturday to St. Vincent de Paul in Dallas.  It took three days to decide which to part with and it wasn't easy.  I needed to do this to keep peace in the family.   Everything must fit into the closet. I had 60 pair so now closer to 40. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, blueparrot said:

I have mostly three to four inch block heel boots.  These are divided between ankle, knee, and over the knee styles.  Most have a western style stacked heel, a few have a straight block. I have three pair about 4.5" and one lone ankle pair at 5" with a platform.  I ran out of closet space so I let go of 1/4 my collection last Saturday to St. Vincent de Paul in Dallas.  It took three days to decide which to part with and it wasn't easy.  I needed to do this to keep peace in the family.   Everything must fit into the closet. I had 60 pair so now closer to 40. 

Darn, sure wish I was laying over in Dallas when you donated those boots, would have found my way the that thrift shop for sure.....

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 10:59 AM, pebblesf said:

Darn, sure wish I was laying over in Dallas when you donated those boots, would have found my way the that thrift shop for sure.....

It's not very far from Love Field on Northwest Highway.

• Like 1