Pain relief....

Amanda

My wife has got Topshop Black 2 Strap Feather Sandal and she’s has done what’s been said, she found it helped her a lot. She could normally wear heels all through the night with a little bit of pain but with using the tape she was pain free, ofc your still going to get some pain but she said it was 99% bareable and don’t notice it. Hope I’ve managed to help someone. With me, being so slim I could wear heels all day/night and I don’t really have a problem, which is a bonus for me but my wife hates me (in a loving way) haha! 

6 minutes ago, Rhys said:

My wife has got Topshop Black 2 Strap Feather Sandal and she’s has done what’s been said, she found it helped her a lot. She could normally wear heels all through the night with a little bit of pain but with using the tape she was pain free, ofc your still going to get some pain but she said it was 99% bareable and don’t notice it. Hope I’ve managed to help someone. With me, being so slim I could wear heels all day/night and I don’t really have a problem, which is a bonus for me but my wife hates me (in a loving way) haha! 

Well, I'm as skinny as a rake and have been wearing heels pretty much every day since I left school but I still get pain if I'm on my feet too much of the day.

I really don't think body weight is a factor.

5 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Well, I'm as skinny as a rake and have been wearing heels pretty much every day since I left school but I still get pain if I'm on my feet too much of the day.

I really don't think body weight is a factor.

My wife only really wears her heels when it’s me and her or on nights out. Her job doesn’t allow her to wear heels. Years ago she couldn’t get into a pair of heels, she’s struggled as she never wore them before meeting me. 

28 minutes ago, Rhys said:

My wife only really wears her heels when it’s me and her or on nights out. Her job doesn’t allow her to wear heels. Years ago she couldn’t get into a pair of heels, she’s struggled as she never wore them before meeting me. 

So you're saying that foot pain from heels is basically something that only overweight people suffer from?

Edited by Amanda

4 minutes ago, Amanda said:

So you're saying that foot pain from heels is basically something that only overweight people suffer from?

Putting words into my mouth..I only said I was slim. Who said only overweight people suffer from foot pain? Change that tone girl. 

Edited by Rhys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

I have never tried that. It sounds so simple but I can't say I've heard of it nor has anyone I know tried it.

I wear heels almost all the time and wear heels to work too - so have tried all the inserts etc and tricks I knew of (as you do).

I am a little sceptical as in my experience I would put sore feet from heels down to the fit of the shoe vs the wearers foot shape. Sounds like ithe advertised plan/trick might be supposed to help specifically with ball of foot pain - and that I find is alleviated with a good fit and a good arch  ie a well made shoe. How to get around the pointy toe... that might be more of a god-send.

I do recommend insolia inserts - they do feel great under foot and some mainstream high heels have insolia built in to their design.

cheers

21 hours ago, Rhys said:

Putting words into my mouth..I only said I was slim. Who said only overweight people suffer from foot pain? Change that tone girl. 

"With me, being so slim I could wear heels all day/night and I don’t really have a problem"

Here are the words you wrote. I didn't write them boy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

I do recommend insolia inserts - they do feel great under foot and some mainstream high heels have insolia built in to their design.

cheers

Insolia are great, I also use Scholls "party feet". I have done for years.

Why so angry????   Count to 10, take a deep breath and just smile....  It's a beautiful day.....   Take care....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

3 hours ago, Amanda said:

Insolia are great, I also use Scholls "party feet". I have done for years.

I presume you mean the ball of foot ones and the heel ones etc....

Have you tried the Scholl for her high heel insoles - in particular they do ones for higher heels now - I think they're for tall heels no lower than say 4 inches. They just go under your ball of foot and up the heel a bit under your arch. They feel very nice - they're more of an insole than party feet but still not a full shoe insole.

Great with pumps and peep toe pumps.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

I presume you mean the ball of foot ones and the heel ones etc....

Have you tried the Scholl for her high heel insoles - in particular they do ones for higher heels now - I think they're for tall heels no lower than say 4 inches. They just go under your ball of foot and up the heel a bit under your arch. They feel very nice - they're more of an insole than party feet but still not a full shoe insole.

Great with pumps and peep toe pumps.

Interesting! Methinks I'll look into those!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have, in fact, tried the taping thing before. I cannot tell that it made any difference whatsoever. I am skeptical of such a claim in any case, on the grounds that, even if the stuff about the nerve and the 3rd and 4th toes is 100% true, do your toes really move all that much inside a closed-toed high heeled shoe anyway? I have found other methods of dealing with discomfort to be far more effective. 

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I think much of the possible discomfort may be detected if one takes the time to properly try on shoes in the store as opposed to buying over the internet. Shoes vary so much by manufacturer, brand name, dark or light color dye used, and even the time of day you try them on. When trying on open-toe sandals if you cannot put your finger and start to separate each toe then the shoe is too narrow. If your toes are closer than 1 cm from hanging over the edge then the shoe is too small. This is hard to tell when you are reacting to a photo of a shoe on the internet rather than actually trying it on in the store. I stopped buying on the internet in 2009 and have never had to return any pair of shoes to a retailer for a refund. I realize there are some who live in remote areas who like the convenience of the internet but if I were in that situation I would rather wait until I'm in a populated area to shop in-person if that's feasible. Ordering a different color of a style you already have and love is another matter. Many styles of shoes can be stretched with a shoe stretcher available for generally under $10USD or under 7 GB pounds. It will stretch up to an extra half size but not a full size. If you are between a US10 and 11 in women's size as I am a shoe stretcher can make quite a difference. This is especially true for closed-toe shoes such as pumps. One thing to do is simply star wearing heels into more and more stores. This gives more real-world experience and it tells any retailer straight out who you are and who you are shopping for. Get the world to meet you on your terms and take the guesswork out of the equation. Returning merchandise sucks and so does having to guess what might or might not work. Try to imagine an actual venue where you'll be wearing this purchase you are considering. Picture what you'll wear it with or who may be with you or what the occasion may be and go from there. Wearing a shoe you know will be painful will distract you from the occasion for which it was bought in the first place. Life is too short to be in pain. Wear what you want in style and comfort so you can enjoy the ride and the stride! HappyinHeels 

There's more to gel pads than just pain relief.  The gel pads I use keep my feet from skipping down and binding my toes. This is extremely important to me since I will wear my heels for over 12 hours straight, standing most of the time.

While I prefer to try heels on before I purchase them, sometimes I don't have that option. For example, I like Freebirds and many times there isn't a store that carries the style I want.  So I have to order them over the internet. No choice. But I can take them back to the local Steve Madden store for a full refund.