Wearing Jeans With Ankle Boots

K2inheels

5a68cdd3543ef_AnkleBoots_Side.png.721dcf32fc3cbeb58b28c7f638f9087b.png

Okay, here is a question that I have concerning wearing women's skinny jeans or jeggings with a pair of high heel boots like the pair shown above. Do I wear the jeans:

1. Tucked into the boots
  2. Worn over the boots (not possible I think)
  3. Wear the jeans with the cuff just above the top of the boot, showing just a strip of the socks between them
  4. Some other way (explain)

If you have a photo showing the style you recommend, that would be great. Will help me to visualize.

Thanks for your guys and gals help!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wear men's ULTRA-skinny jeans (I like the ones from Rue 21 or go to Hot Topic as they fit male waist/hips much better than women's) over the tops of the booties.  These seem to look pretty decent and still shows off most the shoe.  All my booties are 4 to 5" heels.  For another look I wear Levi's 527 which are skinny above the knee but flared out on the bottom.  They look best with the highest heels (five inch or so) as they otherwise hide the shoe part and drag anything less than four inches.  I've tried tucking the pants in but it just doesn't seem to work for me, maybe because the jeans are a little too short and don't stay down inside the short shaft.  Tucking works better with slightly longer shafts like the Sam Edelman Reyes model (my favorite short boot).  I tuck my jeans into knee/OTK boots all the time. 

Edited by blueparrot
  • Like 1

K2,

I don't recall seeing pants tucked into ankle boots but that does not mean it can't be done or wouldn't look nice on you. Tucking seems to be most prevalent with knee-high or over the knee boots and works better with skinny or nearly skinny jeans. Skinny jeans with pumps or wedges produces a classic look. I have one pair of the Levis 527 pants and they do exactly what you describe. I really should get more of them since I like that specific look. What I don't much of here is any of our members wearing "boyfriend" or permanently-cuffed jeans but again, if you have the legs and the confidence, the sky is the limit. What you ultimately do is a function of what your goals are, perhaps where you live, or where exactly you intend to wear your outfits. It's all about your confidence and comfort which go hand in hand. Some here just wear the heels indoors and nowhere else. Some wear their heels in a variety of settings with or without other friends, some blend different articles from the women's and men's aisles like I do, and some dress entirely for a day or a weekend as their alternative self. I've done this also when the occasion comes up. You have to figure out what you really want to get from the experience. Most here will tell you once they stopped ruminating, and started enjoying what they've bought, the fun started and they wondered what the hell took so long. I'm guessing you didn't nickname yourself after the world's second highest peak because you are actually shy??  Strap in and stride on my friend!  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Well, skinny jeans would never work worn over most ankle boots. I've worn ankle boots with leggings and they work well:

5a64676805a82_Jaunt418outfit-1.jpg.fdd557683508b6060caf51d98ae8c285.jpeg

• Like 5

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'd go with the Levi 527. There are some similar brand / styles I have that look good for me.

My body profile doesn't look right with short shaft boots and skinny jeans - - at least I don't think so.

• Like 1

Finally I got a few pictures of these Delicious Elowen booties.

Faux  Lace-Up back. 4.5 inch heels, no platform.

They are black so it's been too hard to get a picture that gives them justice.

This after a 12+ hour work day

JwDaH.JPG

JwDbH.JPG

JwDcH.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ice, I  like those heels with the dress pants. That's a look i wear a lot of times, out. You're not trying to hide your heels. Show them off for all to see, I do!!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

@K2inheels Your boots are below the ankle bone (some vendors call them 'booties').  With boots that low cut you likely don't have the option to tuck them in.  

My favorite boots go a little bit above the ankle, which makes it a little easier to wear with skinny jeans, straight jeans, or bootcut jeans. I will show you the boots below with both skinny and narrow bootcut jeans (which are skinny from the calf up, and flare some at the bottom)...

pic3.jpg.d748ce4a7551ff79d3119512070b1512.jpg20180421_125205-1.thumb.jpg.82ad7141dd7d1932f8a9ce6c52df8809.jpg

Edited by hhboots
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, hhboots said:

@K2inheels Your boots are below the ankle bone (some vendors call them 'booties').  With boots that low cut you likely don't have the option to tuck them in.  

My favorite boots go a little bit above the ankle, which makes it a little easier to wear with skinny jeans, straight jeans, or bootcut jeans. I will show you the boots below with both skinny and narrow bootcut jeans (which are skinny from the calf up, and flare some at the bottom)...

pic3.jpg.d748ce4a7551ff79d3119512070b1512.jpg20180421_125205-1.thumb.jpg.82ad7141dd7d1932f8a9ce6c52df8809.jpg

Love these boots, what are they?

On 4/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, hhboots said:

I like the pants over better - That's how I would do it.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, bambam said:

Love these boots, what are they?

@bambam   - Thanks, the soles have the name ShoeMint on them.  I did a quick search and could not find these exact ones online.  I bought them second hand, so apparently they are a bit older than I thought, but they were in excellent condition when I got them, like they had only been worn a couple of times it looked like.

Edited by hhboots
  • Like 1