What causes you the most problems when walking in heels?

keels

The ladies have had this subject running fr a while. I would like to open this for the men and see if there are any differences.

I find the greatest problem is walking on grass. Sometimes your heel can sink in and the next thing you know you are walking along with only one shoe on. Anyone else had this problem?

Had a pair of 7" pleasers on and was rushing to catch a phone call in my office. I caught my heel on the edge of the carpeted step. I was about 5 steps from the bottom but the handrail saved me from falling forwards instead my weight went backwards and "thumped" the rest of the way on my buttucks. Almost turned my ankle. Lesson learned - do not rush on steps. lol.

• Like 1

Ah the topic that got me in trouble.

Stilettos on wet (soggy) grass, unless it's a very old pair and you are aerating the soil.

Polished floors and heels that slide.

Wedges on gravel.

Keeping up.  My gait is much shorter in heels, so I walk slower.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Walking down stairs. I'm always working on it, but I still suck at it.

Slick tile floors, such as are found in many supermarkets. There is one spot in my usual supermarket, right in front of the deli, that I have learned to be wary of. Replacing the heel tips with rubber ones usually solves this problem for the most part.

• Like 1

The heels themselves!

(beginner...) :cheeky:

Big feet and high heels and stairs make for a potentially exciting mix, too, I have noticed.  One could quite easily make an unintentionally dramatic  entrance...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Icy sidewalks must be #1 problem here ;) Left my not-so-shiny block heeled boots to my hotel room, waiting for some polishing before business meetings next day, and went for a brief evening walk in downtown Helsinki.  5" stiletto heels., even oxfords with 1" platform, aren't really outdoor shoes in Finnish winter.   And to a serious answer to the original question, most problems could probably be summarized as a desire to wear a bit too high heels for extended time, end result being pain in ankles and ball of foot and toes.  An inch more or an inch less makes big difference.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

• Like 1

Damaging heel tips on sidewalk cracks which I always seem to find, despite my best efforts to avoid them.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...