Girls, Stiletto's and Motorcycles

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool story!  And some nice heels there.  They look like they're actually into riding, as opposed to the usual "bike hos" that I see in photos.

I'm not familiar with how to operate a motorcycle.  So there isn't anything to do with your feet other than use them as kickstands when stopped?

Is there usually some leg rest where you can hook your heels?

Edited by alphax

To belatedly answer Alphax’s question about the role of feet on a motorcycle - actually, feet play a big role. Most all bikes ha e a “manual transmission” (scooters and a very few others are exceptions.) the shifting mechanism is attached near the left footpeg or sometimes footrest, the shifting pattern is typically a push down for downshifting, a toe under the shifter and lift up for up shifting. On the right side is the rear brake control - motorcycles have separate front and rear brake controls, for good reason.

others may be more brave, but I would think Long and hard before riding one of my bikes in heels. Just my 2 cents worth.

Logjam

I have to agree, although a nice pair of stiletto knee or ankle boots could work, if the reach to the brake and gear lever was not too far, could also reverse the gear lever as per race bikes to make tapping down for up shifts easier

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, Logjam said:

To belatedly answer Alphax’s question about the role of feet on a motorcycle - actually, feet play a big role. Most all bikes ha e a “manual transmission” (scooters and a very few others are exceptions.) the shifting mechanism is attached near the left footpeg or sometimes footrest, the shifting pattern is typically a push down for downshifting, a toe under the shifter and lift up for up shifting. On the right side is the rear brake control - motorcycles have separate front and rear brake controls, for good reason.

others may be more brave, but I would think Long and hard before riding one of my bikes in heels. Just my 2 cents worth.

Logjam

Ruling out the ancient suicide shifters with hand-operated gear shift - but then in turn you had a foot-operated clutch.

As for riding with heels, technically doable but I would advice against it. Small shoe size alone makes it a reach when shifting, wearing stilts doesn't really help. You can slip the foot peg between the sole and the heel making it possible to reach further but you risk damaging the heels and when leaning on to the turn, even scraping the ground. And speaking of experience, been there done that.

Hello:

Actually my only outings in heels have been riding my motorcycle very late at night around 3am no traffic almost no cars. In Panama society is not ready for a man in high heels, still very narrow minded and I won; be the one to trail blaze.

I am short 5'4 so basically there are no real motorcycles (my definition would be 600cc for sport bike 900cc for a cruiser) where I can remotely flat foot, on most I am on my tippy toes and on most I can only reach on one side not both toes. The only execution is the Ducati diavel I have the ball of both foots and maybe an inch off at the heel, but all others i am just tippy toeing.

I tried heels not because of that but because they look good and OMG they look sexy on a bike. I have ridden wearing my girlfriends 4.5" round toe stiletto leather booties (no matter what kind of heel it should always be completely closed shoe). And even with the stiletto I feel a lot more planted and safe when stopped. However I know it is not safe nor advisable to do it, but sometimes I have to do it I love it so much,  and combining two of my loves even better. You have to plan ahead all the time putting the heel up on the peg you have to think about it, also when shifting although the heel kinda helps once you get used to since the instep behind the heel acts as a hinge or pivot. Then getting it of the peg and on the ground as well. On both case you have to go around the peg then bring it in, you can't do it as usual which would be lifting the foot and putting it on the peg. You have to be constantly aware you have heels on and not forget, nor fall on your habits. The worst would be on an emergency the heel can get caught trying to get the feet off or if you are about to fall and have to put the foot down to pedal or plant it. even worse if you know you are about to fall or crash and have to let the motorcycle go and lay it down and it gets caught or something.

Also riding motorcycles is also not wise nor safe, lol.

Also the boots or shies you wear should be be cheap, because you will ruin them first the left one shifting and both the instep when hanging on the peg, I ruined said botos now they have become only riding boots, lol

It is doable not hard you can be conscious about being as safe as possible (another reason I ride at 3am on heels), it feels really really good I feel so sexy and cool wearing high heels on a motorcycle (cue macho stereotype biker, lol). I have done it on my Harley Sportster Iron 883 and a Kawasaki Z900.

P.S. I would like to try wearing pink stiletto boots, every sexier and prettier (I will look for a picture of what I would wear and pictures of the motorcycles so you can imagine how it would look like).