Getting checked out by a guy with his wife

HappyinHeels

Hi All,

I know this has been covered before but, as it was the first time I really noticed it, I decided to post my experience. I was at the Aldo store at the Prime Outlets near Kenosha, WI talking to my favorite store manager when I noticed a guy with his wife while she shopped for shoes eyeing my "Thalia" brand ankle boots  had gotten at Macy's about 3 years ago. The boots are black with a 5.5" stiletto heel and about 3" of that was visible under my bootcut jeans. I also has on a longer Michael Kors coat which I had bought a year ago at Burlington for just $50. He locked eyes but said nothing and didn't say anything to me or his wife just then. Once the manager came back she resumed her conversation with me and his attention went back to his wife. I didn't feel any differently but it was interesting all the same noting his look and wondering what he may have been thinking. Maybe he was wondering "when the hell am I going to get around to wearing some". Maybe not. I suppose the look is much of the excitement I guess. I just wish I could wear my heels and share the shopping experience. We're all such lone shoppers here!  HappyinHeels

• Like 4

happyinheels I'm sure you like many men have went into an expensive shoe store and where wearing boots or shoes. and the female customers see what you are wearing, and they smile,wink,or grin at you, sometimes they walk up to you and say are you finished with them shoes or boots because they want to try them on, and then you get the odd encounter with an over excited girl who has seen your heels in the store,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

I just wish I could wear my heels and share the shopping experience. We're all such lone shoppers here!  HappyinHeels

Well, you and I have shared the shopping experience in heels, more than once, and it's always a lot more fun to shop with kindred "soles."

:-P

Steve

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 1

I used to work at a newspaper that had some very clever copyeditors on staff. I remember one of them headlined a review of a book by one of Fidel Castro's children - daughter, I think - who had, apparently been highly critical of her father. The headline: My Father - The Original Cuban Heel. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

Getting checked out by a guy is usually a big compliment....The fellow is probably quite envious of your confidence, secretly wishing he had 10% of your courage....And yes, perhaps he does have a pair hid away at home......

• Like 1

I had a similar experience at The Flamingo in Las Vegas a few years ago.  I was riding in the elevator with a few other folks, minding my own business, when a guy gets on.  He was talking on a cell phone and looking down at the floor.  I was wearing a pair of thong sandals with a 2 1/2 inch heel.  Suddenly the guy looks at me, smiles and says, "you are wearing high heels!"

I smiled back and said "yes" that I wear heels quite often.  He then told the person on the phone - later said it was his wife - there is a guy on the elevator wearing high heels!  The guy then looked at me and said, "that's really cool, I might try some heels some day."  

About that time the elevator door opened and we parted our ways with pleasant goodbyes.  

I do not get many folks commenting / noticing my heels, but when I do the event is always positive.  Have fun all....    sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

My only compliment from a guy was during an elevator ride as well...The fellow had obviously had a few drinks, which decreased his inhibitions I guess, he looked at my boots and said:  "nice kicks".   I was admittedly caught off guard, but did thank him....Wish I had engaged him in a little more confidence on the short ride though...

SF/pebblesf;

Nice tales from the street. Neither one of you knew which direction it was going to go that day: Something positive and a high five or something stupid and a high knuckle sandwich. I'm pleased to report NO knuckle sandwiches have yet been prepared. But the kitchen is always open!  HappyinHeels

I had an encounter this evening. I was at the grocery store looking at meat. I notice the woman next to was staring at me. I caught her eye, she looked away then went back to staring.  I don't know if she was staring at my fingernails or my knee high boots.  She was speechless.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, HappyinHeels said:

SF/pebblesf;

Nice tales from the street. Neither one of you knew which direction it was going to go that day: Something positive and a high five or something stupid and a high knuckle sandwich. I'm pleased to report NO knuckle sandwiches have yet been prepared. But the kitchen is always open!  HappyinHeels

OK, don't know if we are being complimented or laughed at.....