Men Posting (in the women's section)

Cali

Recently (today)

CarlyeJ posted a topic in the "For the Girls" section about men posting on the girl side.

CAREFUL, DON"T BE BAITED INTO ANSWERING IT THERE!!!!

The powers that be will get mad.

I innocently responded to a post because it was something I had been noticing and thinking about as well, I failed to notice it was in the "For the girls" only section, my mistake. I sorry for the other men that followed me in, I did not mean to lead you into TECH HELL. So for now on I will take a topic that I would like the respond to that happens to be in this section and create another thread with the same title in the For everybody section.

The problem is if you innocently reply to a comment in a thread and notice it is in the "For the girls"  section after you have posted it, there is no way to delete it. A featured missing in the software used for this site.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cali said:

Recently (today)

CarlyeJ posted a topic in the "For the Girls" section about men posting on the girl side.

CAREFUL, DON"T BE BAITED INTO ANSWERING IT THERE!!!!

The powers that be will get mad.

I innocently responded to a post because it was something I had been noticing and thinking about as well, I failed to notice it was in the "For the girls" only section, my mistake. I sorry for the other men that followed me in, I did not mean to lead you into TECH HELL. So for now on I will take a topic that I would like the respond to that happens to be in this section and create another thread with the same title in the For everybody section.

The problem is if you innocently reply to a comment in a thread and notice it is in the "For the girls"  section after you have posted it, there is no way to delete it. A featured missing in the software used for this site.

I followed you in buddy....Don

Guys posting in the girls side does seem to happen an awful lot though - far too often, for whatever reason. I noticed yesterday a couple more guys posted there, one of them opening up a thread. That can't be an accident. 

I did that once, a long time ago. Amanda got really angry with me. I didn't do it again. There is history behind why that rule exists which is not readily apparent today. It seems that some boys did not know how to behave themselves properly in the past, and you can see the result--very few women participants, and I suspect that at least half of those that do participate from time to time are boys pretending to be women. It wasn't always that way. 

I could go on, but instead I will answer the question as presented in the girls' section, "What causes you the most problems when walking in heels?" For me it has been the highly polished asphalt tile floors commonly found in supermarkets and other retail establishments. It seems that every time I have come close to taking a tumble, it has involved this type of flooring. 

Edited by mlroseplant
Typing error
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I could go on, but instead I will answer the question as presented in the girls' section, "What causes you the most problems when walking in heels?" For me it has been the highly polished asphalt tile floors commonly found in supermarkets and other retail establishments. It seems that every time I have come close to taking a tumble, it has involved this type of flooring. 

Same here, hard, polished floors.

• Like 1

Yes, I would agree with highly polished floors being a real hazard. I would also vote for cobblestones and sidewalk cracks.

Another problem I have is that as I've gotten older,  the balls of my feet aren't as padded as when I was younger.

Another problem is my bunions - they're not painful, but they do limit what shoes I can wear. This is most limiting in pumps that have a low-cut vamp, and in sandals which have a front strap over the toes. If it encounters my bunions, then it does cause pain. I've had to give up some shoes I owned for this reason, and I've also moved from a 12M to a 12W which means fewer choices in shoes (but it helps keep my wallet full).

But the very worst problem I have is a hammertoe (second toe on left foot) that screams "PAIN!" at me when the knuckle rubs against the inside top of the shoe. Even with padding and a toe spreader insert it's impossible to wear some of the shoes I love to wear. 

So I would conclude that walking surface and foot aging/shoe construction (and constriction!) are the worst problems for me.

Steve

• Like 1

Historically, men posting on the “woman’s Forum,” caused a great deal of consternation, complete with expulsion warnings.  Frankly, I am surprised no one has been given one in this instance.  After all, I still have a warning on my record for mistakenly posting several years ago.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I was going to reply to that thread, but I saw it was in the girls' section.

It's a matter of respect to stay out.  Girls really do need their own space, as much as us guys need ours.

It's really easy to carelessly reply to entries in the "All Activity" lists because it doesn't filter the girls section from the guys.

Edited by alphax

I can readily see where  responding to threads in the 'All Activity' list could lead one to posting inadvertently in the girls section, especially since there are seldom new posts in the girls section and one wouldn't necessarily be on the lookout for them. It would be nice if there was at least a five minute window for deleting a fresh post so those who have made that error could self-correct it. 

I don't use the 'All Activity' list for just that reason; it would be too easy a mistake to make. Instead I look though the forum sections that interest me - typically Cafe, Guys and Everybody - and therefore know at all times what section I am browsing. 

I think it is important that the women on the site have their own section and that it's exclusivity be respected. 

The problem stems from guys not giving the ladies any space. Far too many just pile into things without looking nor thinking, as is STILL evident today.

The problem hasnt gone away, but it is now far less common as people are far more mindful of others, and a LOT of the guys who were very disrespectful were simply banned, as many of them were just jerry springer stars in the making.

These days it simply happens by accident, not by malicious intention, so why ban anybody?

1 warning point is often enough to ensure most have a second look before posting, and those who keep ignoring it, well, they wont last long, as several of yesterdays male members accumulated 7 points and a 2 week ban, many are repeat offenders.

There are just not enough hours in the day to babysit adults, so the logic these days is simply "Behave or be elsewhere"

Every time I have to go into mod mode, and start dishing out pathetic points infractions for stupid stuff, its time I cant spend doing actual admin stuff, like checking the awaiting signups to let the real people in and blacklist the fakes and spammers, or emailing people to tell them why I had to delete some of their images for being over 23mb+ per picture...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

On 05/01/2018 at 11:22 PM, Bubba136 said:

Historically, men posting on the “woman’s Forum,” caused a great deal of consternation, complete with expulsion warnings.  Frankly, I am surprised no one has been given one in this instance.  After all, I still have a warning on my record for mistakenly posting several years ago.

Hmmmmmm - - - - - - just got popped the other day. Too easy of a mistake to make.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 11:22 PM, Bubba136 said:

I have accidentally posted in the women's section twice....

One more strike and I'm outa here I'm sure.....

Edited by Tech
Please dont quote peoples lengthy blank spaces and bad formatting.
  • Like 2

Don,

Accidents do happen and I don't think you'll be banished even if you make another mistake; you're a good contributor to the forum and you're not the kind of perpetrator that Tech is after. So just try to do a better job of watching where you post. That's all he wants. For heaven's sake, don't stop posting!!

Steve

• Like 1

Over 20 years ago the Legg's website had a forum, administered by one of their employees. They even had a section for men! It worked well for a few years - everybody getting along. Then the men started taking over the whole forum, and it got to the point where the admins were spending their whole time deleting inappropriate posts, and benning people who thought it was fun to turn the place into their own personal sex forum. So, Legg's made the choice to simply pull the plug on it and we lost what was, at one time, a really nice place where men, and women, could discuss legwear without the sexual crap. I'd hate to see history repeat itself here...

Steve, you probably remember that - you were a participant until the neanderthals ruined it!

• Like 1

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Aly,

I do remember that. After that, the first Legwear for Men forum started, but its moderation wasn't adequate and it, too, fell victim to trolls and monsters. Then Legwear as Unisex Fashion was started and it was moderated very well for a long time. The owner recently pulled the plug on that forum, and we had a couple of start-up attempts, but the one which seems most likely to succeed is the second incarnation of Legwear as Unisex Fashion. It's a good forum, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have nothing to do with any of them. They have all been independent forums on Delphi Forums. If you're interested, it can be found at http://forums.delphiforums.com/lauf/start .

Steve

I recently got 2 warning points in a row for posting in the girl section. 

And i can't say I wasn't aware of it's not allowed. 

I just did it because I didn't pay attention to the mention " for the girls " 

And why did it happen? I would say because the girl section brings so often much more interesting topics! And as I am( we men,are) so enthusiastic when it comes to our passions! 

Should we brings these subjects to the men section? Or the for everybody one. I would suggest : yes! 

I personally don't want to be banned just because of a lack of attention and too much passion. And i don't want to miss interesting topics  

I of course also hope  i would be more careful in the future  

Pierre 

• Like 1

I think its important here to also mention that warning points are not a witch hunt. Currently, they do stay on the members record indefinately, because when they were introduced, it was the only way I could keep track of who the wasters were and let them hang themselves, so with enough diligence and patience, they did, and they were gone.

Its actually the exact opposite now and has totally acheived what it was used for, in getting rid of the trash and making nice folk mindful of personal space for the ladies.

It may now be time time to adjust the warning points so that they expire after 12 months?

Good long term members are not going to be banned for hitting 10 points, heck we're all human, we make mistakes, but now, thats all it is, a mistake, and not some bonehead who thinks its amusing to post pictures of himself in a thong and stilettos in the girls forum asking for a date.. (Sadly that did happen several times)

Does this sound right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Yep, good idea, Tech. Let the warning points expire unless the offender keeps accumulating them. If it's only because of mistakes, you will know that, especially if you exchange PMs with the offender. In fact, you might want to let the innocent-mistake warning points expire after 6 months if the offender accumulates no more. Use your own judgment. I'm very happy with how you run this forum, and I know it can be an unpleasant task to be the chief of police with so many trolls haunting HHP.

Keep up the good work!

Steve

Yes Tech ,good idea. You could somehow do something similar as the points on a driving licence. 

For exemple we get rid of our warning points if no new mistake is done during 6 months. 

Thank you for the  time you spend  trying to keep this site clean  

Pierre 

Howdy Tech,

sounds like a good idea to have the points (if any) expire.

What about using user_data to prevent the section cross overs, ie. if a user has selected 'male' in their profile then the POST will not work in the ladies section... just a thought to chuck a conditional statement around the POST action - or does the CMS/engine room not allow for such customisation ?