A phenomena at eBay...

swedeheeler

...just have to be discussed...

As I'm trying to browse at eBay in Europe for a pair decent heels for my large feets, there's just those china heels from aliexpress to be found (and pleaser) All other brands is drowning beneath the China's, This has been going on for some months and is just annoying. 

Next problem is the CN sizing. It varies from maker to maker. Never know if they are too large or way too small.

Have you experienced the same phenomena, lemme hear :)

Problem #1 is that you're browsing eBay which is just flooded with cheap Chinese/Pleaser/Ellie junk.  Even if you're filtering to say, North America, you still get re-sellers who are maybe sock puppet accounts for Chinese makers.

Try a specialty website like Zappos, or your favorite makers' websites, or even just google for what you want like "size 14 black patent pumps with 6 inch heels"

Websites for tall women often have resources for large size shoes too like this one:  https://www.tallwomen.org/footwear/

Problem #2 that I see is the size inconsistency with Chinese heels.  It's not just Chinese heels.  Sometimes especially with 4 inches or higher heels, you have to go up one size, but sometimes not. That inconsistency is with all manufacturers everywhere. I'm looking at you Louboutin.

The Chinese makers on aliexpress actually have pretty detailed measuring instructions on each model.  Sometimes I'm a 43, sometimes a 44.  Just follow directions.

• Like 1

Alphax is right. I prefer buying chinese shoes on aliexpress because the sizes are so well described (they put the length of the shoe for each "size" they make).

On the other hand, you may be eligible to returns and refunds on Ebay, but missing the sizing information is a no go.

Another option is to look for payless shoes on Amazon, available internationally !!

Well. My shoe size is US15/UK13/EU46. That narrows my possibilities pretty much to find a pair decent shoes. Many chinese manufactures does not even make those sizes. Eu46 is compareable to Cn48 or Cn49. The most shoesizes goes to Cn47.

Something's odd with those sizes you mention. If you really wear a US men's 15 that would be a 13.5-14UK and a 49-50EU. I know because I have big feet myself - I wear an EU46/47 in running shoes or hiking boots and I am definitely not a US men's 15.

When searching on ebay, if you put a minus sign (-) in front of a search word, it will NOT search on that word. So for example, if you are searching for leather but not Pleaser, Ellie or Aliexpress, you would search for...."leather -pleaser -ellie -aliexpress" as your search words. Maybe this trick will help you, Swede.

Steve

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Something's odd with those sizes you mention. If you really wear a US men's 15 that would be a 13.5-14UK and a 49-50EU. I know because I have big feet myself - I wear an EU46/47 in running shoes or hiking boots and I am definitely not a US men's 15.

Womans size ofc. ;)

1 hour ago, Steve63130 said:

When searching on ebay, if you put a minus sign (-) in front of a search word, it will NOT search on that word. So for example, if you are searching for leather but not Pleaser, Ellie or Aliexpress, you would search for...."leather -pleaser -ellie -aliexpress" as your search words. Maybe this trick will help you, Swede.

Steve

That was a good advice, never thought about that. Thank you for the tip. :thumbsup:

swedeheeler,

One way to avoid the Chinese sizing problem is to avoid buying Chinese shoes. Look for shoes made in the EU zone or the United States or some other nation where manufacturing is done with standards. You'll know your product was not made by a 14-yr old or the factory was not operating in a way which would be very illegal in countries with standards. Yes, you'll pay more but you will not have the headache of wondering about sizing or regrets about buying something which was made in an unethical way. The choice is yours. Ante up now and have peace of mind or play it cheap and regret it later. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

There have been lists posted on here in the past of quality boot- and shoe-makers who make larger sizes. As noted, you will pay more but the quality will be far better and the sizing sensible.  It will mean having fewer, but nicer, boots - a good thing, really. Like you, I have large feet and sealed out to buy a couple pair of custom made suede OTK boots. They are lovely and fit beautifully and will give many years of wear. They were expensive, sure, but the I don't need a zillion pairs cluttering up my closet. A couple nice ones will do. 

I’ve been looking for larger size heels and I found a website from Instagram. They offer heels from 11 to 15 and they either sell directly or pass u onto the website that sells the shoes. Try looking at www.plussizeheels.com

Ive just bought a pair of Chelsea boots I found in there (see pic) . I was pass to a website called from FSJ shoes (fsjshoes.com) and was a good price. They catered up to us 15 and even offer a free customised sizing as they make it by hand before sending it to you .... 

i await the shoes and will post on the quality and if it’s worth it

FD25CC5B-6241-438F-A9C3-6A3B3B68B9F4.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BFGheels said:

I’ve been looking for larger size heels and I found a website from Instagram. They offer heels from 11 to 15 and they either sell directly or pass u onto the website that sells the shoes. Try looking at www.plussizeheels.com

Ive just bought a pair of Chelsea boots I found in there (see pic) . I was pass to a website called from FSJ shoes (fsjshoes.com) and was a good price. They catered up to us 15 and even offer a free customised sizing as they make it by hand before sending it to you .... 

Hi BFGheels. Thank you for the tip. :) Seeing forward for the review!

But I'm sorry for being a li'l bit negative now, but many of those shoes has been passing by my eyes on aliexpress while spending time there. 

On 1/2/2018 at 9:21 PM, HappyinHeels said:

swedeheeler,

One way to avoid the Chinese sizing problem is to avoid buying Chinese shoes. Look for shoes made in the EU zone or the United States or some other nation where manufacturing is done with standards. You'll know your product was not made by a 14-yr old or the factory was not operating in a way which would be very illegal in countries with standards. Yes, you'll pay more but you will not have the headache of wondering about sizing or regrets about buying something which was made in an unethical way. The choice is yours. Ante up now and have peace of mind or play it cheap and regret it later. HappyinHeels

Your so right, bought some court heels months ago. The size guide on ebay page from 

sunywei088203 store was incorrect. Sent them back but it took as long as 2 months to receive them. So i sent them back arriving after any resolution on ebay could be challenged. Buyer says shoes haven't arrived after two months. Now i'm stuck losing cost of the large size heels, as well shipping cost to them.  Lessoned learned. Now just really shy in buying any heels seeing sizing often are wrong. Out about $700 of two heels i bought online keeping one that is italian sizing way to small. Although nice to look at but shame i can't wear them. The cost losing on small sizing of two heels i could of bought one decent pair of CL, Jimmy Choo's  heels in size i know or would work or very least try on in a store. 
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 2018-01-04 at 1:12 PM, BFGheels said:

Have you recieved your shoes yet. If so how was the quality?

• 4 months later...

I beg to differ regarding Pleaser, Ellie shoes.  They are a known brand offering goof quality for the price and are fairly consistent when it comes to sizing.  Also, it's often possible to read reviews of the shoes if you know the style name.  That gives you additional sizing info.

Agreed Pleaser is a very rugged brand, originally made for hard use by dancers, women of the night and always men. This required extremely sturdy heels, hence the slightly thicker than normal stiletto heels.

The underlying theme here is how to avoid products from a certain part of the world. Whether it's sizing you don't understand or quality which pisses you off or perhaps the idea the pair of shoes or the widget you just bought was made by someone else's 13 or 14-year old child under conditions hazardous to health in factories spewing death into the skies and into the rivers. Take time to pause and wonder how China's air got so bad that 8 of the 10 worst cities with dirty air are located in China. Any nation whose companies closed their factories and relocated those manufacturing jobs to China can look themselves in the mirror as the source of the problem. If millions and millions of we consumers refused to buy this crap then those factories would close. Don't sit back, sip your latte, and feel good about yourself unless you are making decisions which you could later defend on television. How dirty does the air have to get, how many factories have to close around the world, or how many glaciers have to slide into the sea before the average consumer realizes the problem???  There are shoes and tools and clothing and many manufactured goods made in the EU, the USA, Canada, Australia, and other places with high standards. The search may take longer and those items may cost more but they are made with highly-trained hands under high standards. Be the change you most want to see in the world said Gandhi. Those words apply to so many situations in life. Change begins the moment we absolutely commit to it. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

An excellent point. And I do make efforts to try to source things responsibly - as much as one can these days, although sadly country of origin alone is not enough these days to avoid giving your business to sweatshop proprietors. Workers - producers - around the world tend to be treated with contempt. 

I don't have a problem with Pleaser, but i do agree that they have swamped Ebay and even Amazon. I have a couple pair of Pleaser and they are ok, but I don't like wading through the tons of them on the different sites. I do the "-" on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 2:29 PM, vinheel said:

@swedeheeler on eBay i have find gorgeous shoes, solid and well-made, made in Hong-Kong, but you can trust with the quality and the size. 

I wear mine everyday.

The shop is Schuhplus.

Actually, I have been eyening on schuhplus while browsing ebay kleinanziegen. A good runner-up for shoeshopping, I'd like to visit their store but it's a long way from me, and I'd go from average to f***ing poor:biggrin:

On 6/19/2018 at 8:50 AM, HappyinHeels said:

If millions and millions of we consumers refused to buy this crap then those factories would close. 

If you buy from high ranking brands, the prices are high AND the items, or part (99%) of them, are produced in China all the same.

I bought a shirt at 79 € in a french outlet, thinking "at this price it comes from eastern Europe or closer ", on the contrary to the ones at 9,90 €.  Lost. Made in Bengladesh either one.

Edited by Gudulitooo

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Most of my latest Steven Madden heels have not been made in China.

The sexiest maddens I ever had were made in China. I wore the daylights out of them steel spike stilettos and all. About 5 inch, low cut with leather uppers and single soles. Sold them well used on ebay recently for over $80 to a heel collector.  I have 2 more pair ready to be worn. Even compared to my 1969's and Cassedi pumps these were better shoes.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:46 PM, Cali said:

Most of my latest Steven Madden heels have not been made in China.

how do you know ?

I know a company that sells so called french made articles, but in fact buys a large part of it from Asia.

The customers never knew because the final operations are made in France (e.g. packaging). New rules were inforced a few years ago to be able to put the label (made in France). But still industrial find workarounds to be able to buy in Asia (with more intermediate companies), with mostly the design, or only choice of material, made here. So you can't really be sure of what pollution went out of the factory.