Back in heels

miltboot

Just recently returned to heeling (after a 2 year hiatus) and was a bit surprised how wobbly I am. Time to get to work building those muscles back up, because I will be ordering some new boots soon. Good to be back. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jkrenzer said:

Why did you take a break from heels?

For awhile, my employment situation became very hectic. I was working most of the week, and most of my free time was spent resting up. Things are better now, and I actually have time to do the things I enjoy. 

• Like 1

Miltboot,

I can't imagine going for 2 years without heels, but you gotta do what you gotta do, as they say. I was away from heels for just 2 DAYS this week and missed them! Today I wore a pair of booties from Naturalizer which I got on sale last season. The style is called "Brenna" and it's apparently now sold out; it didn't show up in a search on Naturalizer's site. It's still available on other sites, like Amazon. I love it. It's easy to walk in, too. My wife noted how loud they were on the walk over to the dining room in our retirement community this evening. They are quite noisy for those of you who like the sound of heels. And for me, it's got an extremely thin 3" heel. I usually wear block heels. Another nice feature is the stretchy top band to keep the draught out and keep my feet warm in the sub-freezing weather we have this week. 

Anyway, sorry to digress. Welcome back to the forum!

Steve

Naturalizer Brenna black2.jpg

• Like 3

All of the above, Jeremy, but not simultaneously! Thanks for the compliment. If you can find a pair of Brenna booties in your size, grab them. They are very comfortable and look great, in my opinion. 

The hosiery I wear depends on the season and weather. In hot weather I wear sandals, usually with sheer knee highs but sometimes barefoot, depending on the shoes. In cold weather I wear boots, clogs, loafers or pumps, with waist high or thigh high, sheer or opaque styles of hosiery. Most of my hosiery is from www.glieberman.com here in the US, but the company ships by mail all over the world. They have some wonderful styles, specifically for men. How do I know? Full disclosure: I am a partner in the company! :happy:

Steve

11 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Most of my hosiery is from www.glieberman.com here in the US, but the company ships by mail all over the world. They have some wonderful styles, specifically for men. How do I know? Full disclosure: I am a partner in the company! :happy:

Steve

I used to buy your stockings.  And what Steve said about the brand is dead on.  Very good quality and very comfortable.  Have a great day and Happy New Year all.

Henri