First Time Out and About

walkingtall

Great first outing! You found out that it wasn't really so hard, most people don't pay any attention, and it's a lot different walking outside on uneven ground than indoors in your home. It gets easier each time and I'm sure you're looking forward to your next outing. Pretty soon you'll wonder what all the concern was about! And you'll be disappointed when women don't notice your heels and don't give you compliments! Really!

Thanks for sharing your first experience. I'm sure it will encourage others.

Steve

Congratulations on your trip. Glad you had a positive experience.
I have sometimes wanted and even started to once but something came up and the trip had to end early before I arrived at my destination. Maybe sometime I will get that nerve back to finish that trip.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you! The very first time out and about in heels can be a tad unnerving, but once you've gotten that initial outing under your belt, you'll invariably discover that things will grow progressively easier.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

walkingtall,

You took your dog for walk and took your confidence for the stride of a lifetime! Now consider your handle here, walkingtall, and how you just lived up to it. Thanks for listening here and following the advice. You see no bogeymen jumped out and you'll wonder later why you waited so long. Well done my friend!  HappyinHeels

Well done :) It boosts your confidence a lot when you've taken your first steps out in heels. I enjoy walking my dog  once or twice a day too while wearing heels :) 

Walkingtall suppose the comfort level in stiletto heel may have not been appropriate outing for casual walk with the dog. Luckily for you the outing didn't  cause a negative incident having people giggling upon your dressed up appearance or they didn't notice and choose to ignore it.  This may have traumatized you silly not to attempt heel outing ever again, if someone was pointing finger upon your heels laughing.  Happy you had the courage and no negative feedback took place. Only time you may get flack wearing your heels is in casual setting,  everyone outfitted in relaxed manner, while your in dressed up appearance in heels has impact on how people react no matter the gender wearing it.  

Ever heard the saying all dressed up and no place to go? So when someone is wearing formal dressed up fashion style and is in atmosphere that is ordinary people mock or laugh reacting at the dissociation of task of someone in heels. Such as children playing in the park and your in heels or shoveling snow all appears out of sorts.

Best to outfit your heels in a more formal atmosphere dressed up manner would be the norm.  To many people seeing anyone in heels be it female or male walking in casual setting sometimes evokes a giggle at how overdressed they are for the occasion. While we first timers are hyper-sensitive observing reactions from others of our heel outing. In many respects people are just finding our heels don't fit the occasion or location. Not that we look bad in them but find our style to be to much. 

That's why i'm often wary of when i wear my heel booties. If i'm at  mall i observe many females wearing flat shoes only so they can be casual and comfortable walking all day shopping. Few woman do wear heels either working in posh store or much older generation enjoying there heel outfit  Later in the evening you will see many more heels worn by younger females going out maybe stopping for odd errand here or there buying wine or gift to a party on Saturday night. 

So it is sad case that society norms are being followed by woman thinking going to the mall on Saturday afternoon she wears black leggings, skinny jeans, flat knee high boots, ankle chelsea flat heel boots or sneakers. When the evening approaches woman put on stiletto heels with skirt panty hose or skinny jeans for movie or dinner. 

Saying all that it's wonder that anyone would be seen wearing heels unless there lover of them. We know the type of females that love there heels always in them for the most part depending on the occasion. Even some woman balk wearing heels feeling they are styled to formal. Yet if they wear a dress often or skirt rather the popular leggings or skinny jeans that woman often do they have opportunity to put on any heels  they want without being criticized.

Although i do feel wearing heels fun and criticism stupid but if your busy not paying attention observing people's reactions texting, living your life the way you want. Then any comments or background snipes heard about me is ignored or oblivious to it. You will know when your ready to wear your heels in public when it feels common place as breathing not concentrating on every breath but relaxed. Whenever people's reaction towards me is negative i can  easily brush it off not being bothered.  Do find it much easier to wear what i want today as oppose couple years ago when i first wearing heels. Find it's not my attitude that changed much but people being more politically correct being woman for the most part. Maybe because lot of woman recognized me over the years as male in female outfits isn't shocking to see as before. Guess woman get use to see that man at the grocery store or mall who wears this or that..

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am always encouraged when someone makes that first step to walk in public in heels!  Hope you have gone on other walks in public with or without your dog wearing heels. 

I can remember those first times wearing my heels in public. Always had the thought running thru my head that someone would laugh,  make fun or do some other bash against me for wearing heels.  But they never came.  Oh sure I had plenty of odd looks or stares as I clicked past in my heels.  But I have also had plenty of people compliment me on my heels or offered words of support. 

So never give up, wear your heels and strut down the road!