Designer brand shoes

So I have been curious as to how many people one here have high end branded shoes for example the the famous red bottoms Christian lousboutin  coach berberry Gucci Prada I’m am just courious I guess mainly cuz I would love to be able to have a pair of any of those but unfortunately i am not able to tell my wife about my love for heels so it would be impossible for me to purchase a pair with the price tag that they come with without her seeing it in the finances even though nothing would make me happier than to spend a evening in pair witch I guessing I’ll prolly never in the foreseeable future be sliding my foot in a pair but it’s all good any way I’m done rambling let here who does have some of them male or female pics are incouraged to show them off 

The price of a pair of "high end" high heels isn't worth paying unless you are going to wear them in public as far as I am concerned.  I do own several pairs that, price wise, might make the "B" list.  But then I do wear all of my "girls" shoes in public as I have for the past 30 years or longer.  So, to me, a pair of high heels that fit properly and comfortably in the price range of two to three hundred dollars, are worth the price.  In my opinion, for a man to pay any more for a pair of woman's shoes that he won't wear outside his home, I have better places to spend my money.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Surely the pleasure of ownership would be a factor here. People collect vintage automobiles they will never drive, first editions they will never open and read, and have fine clothes they wear only in certain circumstances. I an certainly understand the thinking of someone who wanted a pair of, say, Louboutins even though they knew they were not going to wear them around town. It wouldn't be me, but I could understand why someone would. 

While I draw the limit a around $300 for a pair, it doesn't mean I don't want to experience a high end design shoe.  I tried to try on a Jimmy Choe will waiting at the Sydney airport in the duty free area last year.  They didn't have my size.

I'm curious about wearing a pair of CLs, and if they fit that would be great. 

But I hear they run narrow or 1 size small, so that would be one size smaller than my size 42/44 feet.

Fluevogs also look really interesting, but their designs lean towards goofy.  If they came out with a decent fetishy heelless boot in my size, I'd grab it in a flash.

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Surely the pleasure of ownership would be a factor here. People collect vintage automobiles they will never drive, first editions they will never open and read, and have fine clothes they wear only in certain circumstances. I an certainly understand the thinking of someone who wanted a pair of, say, Louboutins even though they knew they were not going to wear them around town. It wouldn't be me, but I could understand why someone would. 

One of the pleasures of purchasing old cars, books and rare antiques is a collector's ability to invite friends and acquaintances out into your garage to look at your cars or your library to share rare old books and other possessions. But, into your most private spaces to admire your latest purchase of a classic pair of high heel Louboutins?  Might as well wear them in public and really enjoy owning them. (Just my point of view.)

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Valid point of view.

Bragging rights are part of the deal for some, but by no means all of those people.

Diamond collectors for instance - those who purchase "showpiece" rare and colourful diamonds - the fancy-pinks and pigeon-blood reds - typically  do so at private, extremely exclusive invitation-only  'showings', and do so pleased in the knowledge that few people in the world will have seen the fabulous stones they are about to (or hope to) buy. Closed auction, sealed bids, no publicity, certainly no photos.  

Valid point.  I really don’t like to buy expensive things and keep them locked away.  If I ever do/did buy a pair of CLs,  I surely would wear them fully exposed with great pride and share their lovely style and good looks with everyone.