Who Has Old Heels

Jkrenzer

I thought why not am old worn out heels photos. We all have our new postings, but I'm sure most like me settle on a few pair that are worn more often than others. My first entry, my old Pleaser leather Seduce 460's. These have been so comfortable for years.

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

• Like 3

I'll submit the oldest pair of "real" high heels I have. They are also my first pair of "real" high heels, bought almost exactly 5 years ago. I still keep them around for doing work where I don't want to ruin my shoes, like painting and such. I even bought a second identical pair, but rarely wear them because they're not steep enough for my present taste  

Sbicca Hutton, 4 1/2" heel, 1 1/4" platform, heels have never been replaced. They've worn like iron. Made in USA. 

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 5

I think I still have my first pair of JC Penney 925 patent kitten heel mary janes.  They were still a pain to buckle the straps.

edit:  I bought them in the early 80s.

Edited by alphax

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 6:53 AM, mlroseplant said:

I'll submit the oldest pair of "real" high heels I have. They are also my first pair of "real" high heels, bought almost exactly 5 years ago. I still keep them around for doing work where I don't want to ruin my shoes, like painting and such. I even bought a second identical pair, but rarely wear them because they're not steep enough for my present taste  

Sbicca Hutton, 4 1/2" heel, 1 1/4" platform, heels have never been replaced. They've worn like iron. Made in USA. 

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

I like them a lot would you be interested in parting ways with them I would buy them 

I can't believe this thread hasn't gained more traction! In that case, I have more to contribute. These shoes are not as old as the clogs, but they are more trashed, mainly due to their shoddy materials, type of materials, and perhaps harder use. 

These are my "summer" beaters. BCBGeneration, model unknown, 5" wedge, 1 1/4" platform. Good auto repair shoes, just as long as OSHA doesn't show up. Oh yeah, it's my house, I can do what I want. I would never wear these ugly things off my property anyway. Why can't I wear work boots like everybody else? Actually, I do if the situation calls for it. 

IMG_8907.JPG

IMG_8908.JPG

IMG_8903.PNG

IMG_8904.PNG

• Like 1

Mules are great beaters around the home. You can just slip into them and off you go. I use mine (and I post a picture when I get time) around the house and for errands.  I take them on trips and use them to walk down to pool/spa in.  Last time in LA some guy joked if I lost a bet and had to wear them.  I looked him straight in the eye and told them "they're mine and I love walking in them." It wasn't mention again.

• Like 1

My Steve Madden mules beaters. Got them last summer. I loved them at first wear, so I purchased a second pair (still in the box) and then they were gone.  But I wear these all the time...love love love them.

HBeater01.JPG

HBeater02.JPG

HBeater03.JPG

• Like 2

Here's a pair of my Italian heels. I've worn these less than the wear makes them look. Itallian Heels fit, great, look great, but wear fast. I would estimate I have only worn these between 75-100 times, but really only a dozen times in public. Still I love a pair of worn looking heels and these won't be going anywhere for a while. They are on their 3rd set of heel taps. I have the same pair in gray, I've worn twice as often and they look it. Will post those at a later date. The heels are about 5.2 inches but pose no issues as the classic hour glass shape is better balance naturally. Really wish this heel shape would go back to mainstream.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Here's a pair of my Italian heels. I've worn these less than the wear makes them look. Itallian Heels fit, great, look great, but wear fast. I would estimate I have only worn these between 75-100 times, but really only a dozen times in public. Still I love a pair of worn looking heels and these won't be going anywhere for a while. They are on their 3rd set of heel taps. I have the same pair in gray, I've worn twice as often and they look it. Will post those at a later date. The heels are about 5.2 inches but pose no issues as the classic hour glass shape is better balance naturally. Really wish this heel shape would go back to mainstream.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

They are a great pair of heels!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 4:54 PM, Jkrenzer said:

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

Those are so perfect!!

@spikesmike  Ableman is one of those legendary places that I wish I'd ordered something from before they disappeared.  Thanks for posting those!  Hey, I was reading in an old thread that you still had their marketing materials.  I love reading that type of vintage stuff.  Is there any chance you could scan them in and post them somewhere for posterity, with your name/address blocked out, of course.

@Jkrenzer  Those pumps look well loved, and in great shape.  I'm all the more determined to get something from Italian Heels some time this year.

alphax :  I have no idea how to do all that. I will consult my computer teacher.  I have Christmas Cards and personal letters from Ableman  and maybe 

some other stuff. I haven't looked in that box of material for some time.      spikesmike

DSCF4021.JPG

• Like 1

HMMMM , old heels . Yep and they are old by today's standards . I looked in my heel stash and found some dating back to the early 1990's . I wore a size 13 wide back then and weighed in at 430 pounds . I remember ordering those shoes from Sexy Shoes , Rogers City , Michigan . That was about the only place you could get heels for fluffy guys back then . I even found some old Payless heels from the days of the yellow and grey boxes . I will try to get some pictures up soon .  

• 2 months later...