My first time out (my only time out actually)

bootlover78

So, I just wanted to tell my brief story about the one and only time I wore my boots out in public.  It's nothing really super exciting or nearly as daring as some of you, but I just feel compelled to share it.

So, I had wanted to try wearing my heels out for quite some time and couldnt find the best place to do so without endangering myself or my wife.  We don't exactly live in the best of areas near people that I would entrust to not start something with someone they didn't accept if you catch my drift.  After some discussion, we determined the best place to go where I would never "stick out" was the adult shop.  Yes it seems cliche, but we have been to this shop a couple of times and know it's never busy and anyone shopping in there are usually either too nervous to even make eye contact with another customer or they are too busy making fun of the sex toys to notice anything.

So after packing my boots into a bag to get them out to the car (I have family that lives on both sides of my house and they do not need to know about these things) I got in the car and put my boots on while my wife drove.  I had on long jeans and a cheap pair of faux leather OTKs we had bought at Sears a few years ago.  I had the pant legs over the boots so you had no idea how high up they went.  They also had a thicker 4" heel which was mostly exposed.  The walk across the parking lot was a little nerve racking because the heels were echoing off the pavement and anyone outside instantly knew my wifes flip flops werent making that noise.  The inside of the store is carpet, so nothing happened in there.  We bought a couple of toys and headed out.  My only mistake was picking that pair of boots to wear, not that I had too much choice at that point.  My other boots were either grey knee high platform boots with 6" heels, leather thigh high 5" stiletto heels or thigh high PVC boots.  I didnt have quite the selection I have now.  Keep in mind, I said these were cheap boots.  The foot bed had 0 padding and after 10 minutes I had a hot spot on the balls of my feet.  My god did that hurt, but I wasnt going to let that stop me.

It was certainly exhilarating (even with being so uneventful), and I would like to eventually try it again some day. Just like I said, we have to be very selective where we go.  The mall would be an awesome experience to browse through Macy's and Dillard's, but there are too many "boyz n the hood" in the main section of the mall and I get uncomfortable even in normal clothing when I go, never mind having heels clacking away to attract their attention.

• Like 3

How lucky you are to have such a supportive wife!  I'm hoping you both can plan a little getaway out of town, so you can enjoy wearing your boots with your wife...I sure understand what you experienced though...I have a nice looking pair of ankle boots, but they have cheap/loud/plastic heels, don't like calling attention to myself that way.  I took an extended boot walk in San Diego once in an ill fitting/cheap pair of boots, the balls of my feet were on fire half way through the excursion.  Like you, I toughed it out back to the hotel, but was really disappointed, I had even put some gel pads in the boots which didn't help much...

Many of us have made the mistake of going out in heels that didn't fit right, caused blisters, caused pain, were too slippery on marble floors, etc. Most of us survived such temporary ordeals, but it's risky and could cause both harm to yourself as well as embarrassment. If you don't think your family and friends would approve of you in heels, they probably wouldn't approve of seeing your name and photo in the newspaper in heels either! Pick your footwear carefully. Wear heels that fit properly and are comfortable. Practice a lot on all kinds of surfaces. Wearing heels should be safe and enjoyable, not risky and dangerous! Please take care of yourselves! You want to strut your stuff with confidence and be a role model!

Steve

• Like 2

Well, like I said, they did have a thicker heel and they had rubber out soles, so they werent slippery or unstable at all, which is part of why I chose them.  What killed it was the angle of the foot and heel compared to the ball area.  I have at least one pair of boots right now that have this same issue, and they were crazy cheap on Amazon, like $15 or $20 or something like that.  Just goes to show you get what you pay for.  My Nine West boots dont have that issue.  Those might be the ones I choose for my next adventure out, whenever that might happen. 

And yes Pebbles, I am VERY fortunate (and thankful) to have my wife.  I told her very early on in our relationship about my boot fetish and she is very open minded.  Her initial response was, so what? It's only clothing.  In the 17 years we have been together, she has actually developed a boot fetish of her own, it's just too bad she can't enjoy wearing them the same way I do.  Her weight unfortunately limits what she can wear.  So instead she lives vicariously through me and occasionally buys me boots that she likes.

• Like 1

bootlover78,

While malls can attract boorish people you actually have the ultimate defense weapon....your wife!  If you wear heels in a mall you do risk an occasional chuckle from some fat dipstick sitting in the middle but wear the same heels with a woman and nothing will happen. A woman with a jerk will probably not allow him to say anything stupid lest she feel embarrassed in front of the other woman, This is the dynamic which seems to temper guys' behaviour in this situation. As long as you re with your wife, and ideally if she is wearing heels as well, it is implied she knows and approves, and criticizing one risks the wrath of the other. You are very fortunate indeed to have such a wife!  HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Well, here is the thing, where I live the folks at the mall are a very large mix of cultures and ethnicity... and they don't always get along.  There have been a few shootings there in the past couple of years.  Yes we have the average people that shop there, but then we have the young males that wear their pants really low and wear gang colors.  Those are the guys I worry about.  I really don't care very much if someone snickers, or even points and laughs as long as they leave me alone.  It's the fear of an actual physical confrontation that bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Read your story there, bootlover78, and I can understand fully your worrys. I agree with pebblesf that we hope you can take a little trip to another town where you will have fewer "issues" to deal with. I guess I am lucky that I live in a good area and have plenty of places to wear my heels. Of course my wife does not go out with me when I am wearing heels, but she is okay with me wearing them. One day she will go out with me, but I think she is just worried to be seen by a friend or family when I am in heels.

Anyway, I have walked in my 5" stillettos in public and all my other heeled shoes in public. Been shopping in them at the malls, Wal-Marts, etc. Have had some people give me puzzled expressions or smiles, but have not had any one harass me about them. I have had women give me compiments on my heels or tell me they could never wear heels, that they could not walk in them. Those were the times that we would talk with them about walking in heels and would encourage them to not give up on wearing heels. I have a couple of women that I see every week (convience stores and at a little antique shop that will always ask me about what shoe I have on today and chat about shoes, clothes, etc.

So I would encourage you to continue to wear your heels whenever you want, wherever you want. I am glad that your wife is understanding and goes out with you. You are a lucky man and I hope you will have many more public outings in your heels!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

bootlover78,

While it may not seem so, we all have gone through a similar first time experience as you.  Just because we seem to be more "advanced", doesn't mean we didn't start "small".  There's nothing like that first time rush of nervousness and a high when walking in public in heels!  Congratulations!  And double congrats on having your wife by your side!  That is truly a blessing.

Take care.

Bootlover78. don't worry. the world is not going to stop just because you are wearing stiletto boots. the more you wear out in public. the better it get's for you. not one person will reject you for it. you might get the odd girl being a bit too excited about it. but that's expected in the life of men wearing heels in public. I mean there guys who wear stiletto pumps in public and have never had any problems in there years of wearing them.

Bootlover78: Everyone here has been you've been in the beginning. Worries, concerns, fears that you're in a fishbowl and the whole world is staring right at you. Yes, it can make for an unnerving experience, but, you'll come to understand that the exact opposite holds true, that practically NO ONE cares about what you wear on your feet. As long as you carry yourself properly, behave calmly and cooly, like you belong where you are like everyone else, you can indeed get away with wearing what you like.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well just thought I would add my story to the pot.  Well Sunday I decided to go out and get a few pictures in my attire.  I was wearing a denim shirt with a red tanktop underneath, skinny jeans and some red and white platform ankle boots.  So I decided to do this because I had not been able to wear heels out in a while I was feeling constricted around family members and to get my "rocks" off I  thought I would step out of my comfort zone.  So I went to the  park to get some pictures in I was nervous as hell because it had been a long time since I had been out in heels plus little kids were around and I didn't want to deal with the ridicule.  So I didn't full get to walk around the park but I did get to take a few pictures on the outskirts of the park.  I figure "baby steps" right.  It didn't end there so I wanted to go some where to eat so I parked my car took a deep breath and walked to Tijuana Flats.  In the beginning I was a little wobbly  because I was rushing my steps but over time I slowed down and took my time getting to where I was going.  So before I walked in an older lady out loud said "I LOVE  YOUR SHOES."  We had a short conversation and she asked me how long did it take me to learn how to walk in them.  At the end of it all she said I looked really good in them.  Now note when she got my attention at first there were some other people near the window and had seen me but at that point I was not paying very much attention I was more taking in the compliment.  That was truly the fuel I needed to get me through the day!.  There were about 5 or  6 people  that came through I may have heard a snicker or two but I didn't care I was eating my food and I felt at ease.  I ate and left and drove to my next destination.  Drove to this area downtown kind of like a town square.  They still had the Christmas tree up and I started taking a few pictures there.  An elderly man also said how he loved my shoes.  He said that he was not sure that he would be able to wear any like mine but he said he loved them so it truly made me smile.  So my goal is to try to do this more frequently because my explorations are about to become more limited in the future.  So here are a few photos I would truly love to hear your thoughts!

My new year's pics1.jpg

My new year's pics 3.jpg

My new year's pics 4.jpg

My new year's pics 5.jpg

My new year's pics 6.jpg

My new year's pics 2.jpg

• Like 5

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Just now, hiheellover23 said:

Well just thought I would add my story to the pot.  Well Sunday I decided to go out and get a few pictures in my attire.  I was wearing a denim shirt with a red tanktop underneath, skinny jeans and some red and white platform ankle boots.  So I decided to do this because I had not been able to wear heels out in a while I was feeling constricted around family members and to get my "rocks" off I  thought I would step out of my comfort zone.  So I went to the  park to get some pictures in I was nervous as hell because it had been a long time since I had been out in heels plus little kids were around and I didn't want to deal with the ridicule.  So I didn't full get to walk around the park but I did get to take a few pictures on the outskirts of the park.  I figure "baby steps" right.  It didn't end there so I wanted to go some where to eat so I parked my car took a deep breath and walked to Tijuana Flats.  In the beginning I was a little wobbly  because I was rushing my steps but over time I slowed down and took my time getting to where I was going.  So before I walked in an older lady out loud said "I LOVE  YOUR SHOES."  We had a short conversation and she asked me how long did it take me to learn how to walk in them.  At the end of it all she said I looked really good in them.  Now note when she got my attention at first there were some other people near the window and had seen me but at that point I was not paying very much attention I was more taking in the compliment.  That was truly the fuel I needed to get me through the day!.  There were about 5 or  6 people  that came through I may have heard a snicker or two but I didn't care I was eating my food and I felt at ease.  I ate and left and drove to my next destination.  Drove to this area downtown kind of like a town square.  They still had the Christmas tree up and I started taking a few pictures there.  An elderly man also said how he loved my shoes.  He said that he was not sure that he would be able to wear any like mine but he said he loved them so it truly made me smile.  So my goal is to try to do this more frequently because my explorations are about to become more limited in the future.  So here are a few photos I would truly love to hear your thoughts!

My new year's pics1.jpg

My new year's pics 3.jpg

My new year's pics 4.jpg

My new year's pics 5.jpg

My new year's pics 6.jpg

My new year's pics 2.jpg

I saw those pics in the facebook group "men in heels" Stunning as always A.

• Like 2

Certainly not exactly hidden heels! Well done - amazing shoes, and congrats on the compliments. No one ever mentions my heels - perhaps I need to go out in shoes more like yours rather than wedges and block heels!

• Like 2

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Your red platform stilettos scream, "LOOK AT ME!" so only blind people would not see them. What others say (if anything) or how they react will depend on the observer. "Beauty (or otherwise) is in the eye of the beholder." But whether the beholder thinks the shoes are beautiful or not is secondary to the impressive confidence anyone who wears them would display. You are a man of tremendous courage! Keep up the good work and thanks for your motivating post with photos. 

Steve

• Like 2

hhlover23,

Actually I think the heels were so transformative even the blind could have felt the heat radiating from your shoes! :) At least two people felt the radiance of your confidence which was the fuel you needed for the day. A Steve63130 said you are indeed a man of tremendous courage. Now you are  man of tremendous confidence as well. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

HHL23-

Amazing progress indeed buddy, you have far surpassed me for sure.  You always look powerful and amazingly masculine, and I'm sure you radiate confidence even though you might not be feeling that way on the inside.  I would have "liked" all these posts but seem to have run out of my allotment today.  Don't mind admitting I am envious of your progress, but am truly happy for you! 

A heeling milestone for me has been actually forgetting I was wearing boots while out and about.  Once I forgot I was wearing boots, my insecurities slipped away and I'm sure I was walking more confidently.  Still hope to meet up with some "booted/heeled buddy(s)" someday, the confidence in numbers theory seems to help me out publicly. 

• Like 2

You guys thanks you all are always an inspiration to me.  I have always been concerned about my reputation, but with the wide selection of shoes I have, I have to wear them out somewhere.  So thank you all your stories help push me to go that extra mile.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

HHL23,

We're all here to help each other, and it does work. I know I've been inspired and motivated by this crowd and I'm grateful for it. While everyone's tastes in fashion may differ, and that's okay, as long as we focus on what unites us and support each other, this will continue to be a great gathering place.

Steve

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the story of your outing. Those sneaker look platform heels are fun. Nobody should be upset about you wearing them. Certainly no woman should feel they are overshadowed.  

Do have experience i like to share. In most cases wearing my harrow booties i don't think about it once arriving to a specific location doing errands anymore or have any anxiety or butterflies as some here say. 

Arrived at costco to pick-up few items i needed. So walking from my car to where they store the shopping carts inside like a open garage, seen elderly black female maybe early 60's late 50's was approaching  side by side with me to pull cart  out of the bunch squeezed together. I pulled one out quickly and told her she could have it. She looked me over noticing my skin tight light washed legging jeans. She scanned me again this time stared at my block 4" camel nubuck block heels.  Thinking to myself she would express some shock or disgust but her expression was stoic. She thanked me for the shopping cart. As i began to pull one out for myself facing my back to her, we both approached the entrance  at the same time to the warehouse, bunching up waiting for others walking in. She told me difficult to find a "gentlemen" these days. She exclaimed the word gentle-man as she looked upon my outfit almost trying find another word describing me.  The outfit i was wearing green field jacket 3/4 length enough to cover my hips and buttocks. The jeans were painted on my tone lean legs, accessorized with my heel booties made the outfit look great or enough for anyone observing me from the back thinking it was was well dressed woman. Anyways i told her it is difficult for some to pull out the shopping carts when they are stacked together often jamming together. She agreed as we departed shopping in different directions. 

Later on in the store seen one female closing in as i was reading ingredients on some clear coconut oil bottle. The female stood behind and moved next to me staring although never said a word like excuse me i need some oil on the selves, being it was palette of oil i was only blocking portion of it. Felt if i acknowledged her presence taking my eyes off the label she had something to say, but she pulled away. Did feel she gotten little to close beside me almost as she could read the label of the bottle in my hand all the room in aisle she gotten very close with nobody around.  As she pulled away i later began to wander towards the check-out but passed by couple male, female standing observing passing out or selling some display items or testers didn't pay them much attention. The man mumbled something to the woman he was working with she began to laugh loudly all along having nothing to do but observing me walking away in my shopping cart. Didn't know what was said but my instincts suggest they found me amusing or at least the woman did of heels and skin tight jeans i was wearing walking down the aisle from them as her cackle laughter was louder while i walking away back towards them.

Overall didn't receive any bad reactions any just minded there business as if i was wearing any sneakers or baggy pants. What surprised me was didn't see one lady in heels at the store. Find this often the case when i decide to wear heels observe few or any woman in them. When i decide to go out casual or more comfortable in sneakers i see more then usual females in heels. What gives anyone get this phenomenon themselves or is it just luck of the draw. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 2

I must say that I often see at least one women in heels every time I've been there is the last half year.  I think I saw 5 other heels last week. I also wear heels every time, since I live in heels - usually my steve madden mules.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:12 PM, bootlover78 said:

Well, here is the thing, where I live the folks at the mall are a very large mix of cultures and ethnicity... and they don't always get along.  There have been a few shootings there in the past couple of years.  Yes we have the average people that shop there, but then we have the young males that wear their pants really low and wear gang colors.  Those are the guys I worry about.  I really don't care very much if someone snickers, or even points and laughs as long as they leave me alone.  It's the fear of an actual physical confrontation that bothers me. 

Forgive me but, how do women deal with this same issue ?

hiheellover 23 :  I like your RED high heels. I am happy you got those compliments, they can encourage

other heelers to go public. I have noticed that I receive more compliments when I wear my RED patent 

or mustard colored heels. Great photos.   spikesmike

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 11:56 PM, hiheellover23 said:

My new year's pics1.jpg

My new year's pics 3.jpg

My new year's pics 4.jpg

My new year's pics 5.jpg

My new year's pics 6.jpg

My new year's pics 2.jpg

Awesome pics.   Awesome outings.    Baby steps as you put it proved it’s not that bad!    

• Like 1