Leggings

BFGheels

Hi all 

Lately I’ve been buying and wearing leggings for gym work and just casually wearing around the house. Got a pair of meggings from the uk and some cheap women’s galaxy leggings of eBay. 

See pic with new heels

Any advise or info? 

82D12B39-E942-4B39-9B93-6D3BD3897F7F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am just getting into doing the Freestyle fashion dressing, so my advise is going to be from that end.

I have a stylist that is working with me as I try to figure out what I like and can wear in women's clothing and believe me I probably drive her nuts with my sometimes off choices. In any case, in terms of leggings, jeggings, or skinny jeans she told me that I can wear jeggings with my heels and a long tunic dress or shirt dress. The most important part of the shirt dress is that the bottom of the shirt will cover your derriere. I have an outfit put together that should be here Friday. I will post a picture of it here for you.

In terms of leggings she did not think that would be good for me to wear. Leggings are more like exercise tights in construction. Now she said I could wear with a longer dress and get away with wearing my heels with them. As for skinny jeans, they are more casual and go best with my booties, thigh boots, etc.

Oh by the way, love the heels you are wearing! They are sexy as hell!

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

Edited by K2inheels

Yeah, leggings around the house, but probably never out of the house.  Although I have worn skinny jeans out a number of times.  You can argue that leggings are not that far off, but well you know, they really leave nothing to the imagination.  Which is fine on a woman, perhaps not as much on a man.  :) 

Edited by hhboots

The Hue corduroy legging fit fine; the mediums are long enough and go to mid ankle. I have only worn leggings/yoga pants a few times in public. This is one area I would like to wear more of. It is common for runners in my area to wear what looks like leggings in the winter time. Just hoping it will become more common around here.  I sure would love to wear leggings into work with my knee high boots.

Several times in public I have worn a pair of shorts over my leggings for modesty.  I would love to wear a long tunic and leggings to work.

I have worn my Nike dri fit woman's pants many times while kayaking (basically they are leggings) and have even worn them into work afterwards before changing into other pants. When it's colder I have also worn my Victoria's Secret thermal leggings while kayaking. No one has said anything so far.

18 hours ago, Cali said:

The Hue corduroy legging fit fine; the mediums are long enough and go to mid ankle. I have only worn leggings/yoga pants a few times in public. This is one area I would like to wear more of. It is common for runners in my area to wear what looks like leggings in the winter time. Just hoping it will become more common around here.  I sure would love to wear leggings into work with my knee high boots.

Several times in public I have worn a pair of shorts over my leggings for modesty.  I would love to wear a long tunic and leggings to work.

I have worn my Nike dri fit woman's pants many times while kayaking (basically they are leggings) and have even worn them into work afterwards before changing into other pants. When it's colder I have also worn my Victoria's Secret thermal leggings while kayaking. No one has said anything so far.

How about a denim mini skirt. I've done this around the house, and if you comfortable with the presentation, it may work for you.

I believe I'm pushing my limit at work and a skirt would be too much, especially with my painted nails. Although many times 60 - 80% of my clothes I'm wearing started in the women's department, I present as a male in high heels. In the summer its shorts and sandals.

• Like 1

I wear leggings all the time when I'm out and about. I usually wear them with a long top, men's or women's. I like the floral prints, and colorful colors of leggings. My wife and I have matching pairs of leggings, that we wear out together. On Valentine's Day we wore black leggings with pink and white hearts and on St.Patrick's Day we wore black shinny leggings with shamrocks on them.We got several positive comments on both days. With warmer weather coming, I will be wearing  cropped, capri and shorts styles, of leggings. I'm always getting positive comments when I'm wearing leggings, with heels, boots, flats and sandals in the summer. In my area I'm seeing more men in leggings. I see no reason at all, why men can't wear leggings out and about. I do it and so can you guys, too!!!!!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

HAng in there bluejay! Spring will eventually arrive in the eastern Great Lakes. It's taking its sweet time arriving in Wisconsin but that does not stop me from wearing sandals. I have just one pair of leggings but have only worn them twice. Worn with jeans and wedges both times. I realize leggings look quite nice with skirts or dresses but I have not done that. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I have been flirting with the ideal of wearing a pair of shorts over my leggings. Maybe with knee high boots.  

I planned to wear my VSX leggings while kayaking today. But after unloading the kayaks I had to take them off and change into a pair of shorts, it was just too hot.

BTW, just order two new pairs of crush velvet leggings at clearance prices.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 1:39 AM, HappyinHeels said:

HAng in there bluejay! Spring will eventually arrive in the eastern Great Lakes. It's taking its sweet time arriving in Wisconsin but that does not stop me from wearing sandals. I have just one pair of leggings but have only worn them twice. Worn with jeans and wedges both times. I realize leggings look quite nice with skirts or dresses but I have not done that. HappyinHeels

Yeah, I know spring will be here, soon I hope. Our Easter forecast is calling for some early morning snow, with temps in the mid 30's. Not my idea of sandal wearing weather.

Tonight I went out wearing black knee boots, 3" block heels, black leggings, teal colored long fleece top and matching teal puffy down vest. I even went to church first, before shopping. No one paid me any attention to what I was wearing. Stopped at 3 stores to shop. Again no one paid me any attention. So bottom line, guys wear your leggings, your fears are only in your head!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

On 3/29/2018 at 1:58 AM, Cali said:

I have been flirting with the ideal of wearing a pair of shorts over my leggings. Maybe with knee high boots.  

I planned to wear my VSX leggings while kayaking today. But after unloading the kayaks I had to take them off and change into a pair of shorts, it was just too hot.

BTW, just order two new pairs of crush velvet leggings at clearance prices.

Wearing shorts over leggings, IMO, is a stupid look. I recently got a sale flyer from Penny's showing that look on a guy. They called them exercise tights. It's not a look for me. I wear my leggings with heels and flats too. That's a bit more feminine looking, but if you wear a long top you can pull the leggings look off, for a guy.

BTW, I probably have 50 pair of leggings and I do wear the cropped, capri and shorts styles, too. (when it's warmer out)

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

I have around 40 pairs, but mine include those with stirrups, yoga pants and yoga shorts, velvet, compression leggings, and thermal leggings - like those VSX I had on the other day.

I would love to wear my leggings with an over sized sweater to work, but I think that is about 3 to 4 years away.  I think skinny jeans is leading the way.

• Like 1

Just to let you know that tonight I wore brown leggings, tan, long length sweater fleece, , with a brown puffy down vest, and my Aerosoles brown booties with  3-3/4" chunky heels. First,  I went to church for Good Friday, services. Not even an odd look at my attire. Stopped  at Kohl's, got a comment from a clerk friend of mine that works there. She said, "I like your leggings with your ensemble, everything goes well together".  I thanked her for the compliment, as I checked-out. I also showed her my new mani, with the Easter deco art on my little pinkies, with a clear gel on the rest of my fingers, that I got this afternoon at the nail spa, along with a recolor of my pedi, in a brilliant red color. Now it's got to warm up, so I can show off my renewed pedi with a pair of nice sandals. Hopefully, that won't be far off. It's supposed to be below normal temps here for the next week or so. Oh well.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

Blue jay i’m sure the outfit looked great and something I would wear myself. To bad you don’t have a picture. Very bold to go into church wearing tan brown leggings. Have similar outfit but often self conscious that wearing a coffee colour leggings as I did in gym in the past. Only because it appears i’m Naked or wearing pantyhose matching skin tone although optical illusion from a distance. 

Whenever I go to church wearing chunky heel people notice although never saying a word, few may chuckle in the back initially but they calm down eventually. 

As for your sweater fleece what colour and was it tunic length. Own turtleneck tunic shown below but find wearing it with dark footless pantyhose instead appears sexy as hell. 569b07ea2cdcf_FullSizeRender(14).thumb.jpg.46128216023a11018af39879f74df5d3.jpgsweater-dress-with-boots-akonezmqy.jpg.b72795c94213d0c95d3bc174a4702981.jpg

large.569c3deee3274_FullSizeRender(25).jlarge.569c3dfe92967_FullSizeRender(21).j

cable-knit-leggings-2228.jpg.82c7bf85b76c595f02d7e4dd66227a03.jpg

Once I outfitting in brown male attire skinny brown female cigarette cut leg jeans, leather cowhide brown overcoat 3/4 length, brown waxed over shirt, with Frye brown block heel engineering boots. Found some filipino or Korean  teen made comments at church service I was dressed like some Asian communist leader. In the news at the time people seen soldiers wearing brown uniforms parading around. The mother family member sushed the teen girl and her snubbing demeanour. It was true  i could of added i appeared like a UPS delivery driver but I wanted a monotone style, unlike many who dress up in entire black, leggings, tops, shoes etc...

Do recommend wearing contrasting colours such as light beige sweater, suede booties, with the darker brown leggings maybe tan coloured over coat. Do see that colour style working well for ladies with bronzed brashy blonde coloured long hair. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 2

MackyHeels,

My sweater in a light tan color, was a long tunic length. It was a man's which went to just above the top of my knee. That's the length I look for to wear with leggings. It was almost like wearing a dress,  it was a turtleneck style. As far as my leggings, they were a heavy fleece lined, in a dark brown color, not the sheer look that you have in your pics. And again maybe my appearance on Friday in church, didn't start any controversy, as they see me in heels regularly on Sunday, but then I'm usually in men's attire, wearing dress pants with a, shirt and tie, with suit coat. I even have lady friends that look to see what I'm wearing, especially my shoes, at church. There are even some men that look down at me to see my shoes, as I'm big on color and not the standard black and brown boring colors, for men.

On Easter Sunday, I wore navy dress pants, light blue dress shirt, with a floral print tie and a very light grey patterned suit coat, with a pair of ,"Soft Style" (Hush Puppies) cross hatch, navy patent pumps, with 3" chunky heels, with a silver trim outlining the heels. I wore sheer navy knee-hi's. I also was able to show off my Easter mani, which my stylist colored in pastel colors on my little pinkies, with a clear gel on the rest of my fingers. The mani wasn't that noticeable, but I did get compliments on both my attire and mani. I left the leggings wearing to my wife and daughters, on Sunday.

Tonight, to celebrate Dyngus Day, a traditional Polish celebration, the day after Easter, I went out wearing the colors of Poland. I wore red leggings, white long length sweater tunic top, with black puffy down vest, with my black knee boots with 3" chunky heels. I looked like several of the men, Polish dancers, that were similarly attired. However I have no Polish in me, but I do like to celebrate with them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay