Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

23 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Well, she is certainly recognising your interest in heels and boots, and not doing anything to discourage you - indeed donating some of her old pairs. Can only be a good thing.

Agreed - I think its more than just "not discouraging". 
And I forgot to mention - this pair is virtually new - I think she wore them no more than 5 times … 

I believe j-1986 and his wife are coming to a meeting of the minds at a very steady pace. Continued effective communication should lead to an enhanced relationship and that is a very worthy goal indeed. As one who is now coming up on 34 years married and not even 60 years old I have watched as others have made more money or advanced to higher positions of authority or responsibility I have born witness to their failed marriages as mine has flourished. So, naturally, I stand as an enthusiastic cheerleader for all others who need it. It's because I believe good unions are worth fighting for. They inspire, heal, and improve the lives of all they touch. We humans are intrinsically designed for interaction and when those interactions go really well a wave of positive reinforcement can bathe all those around us in its soothing warmth. This is the essence of the human condition and what makes life on Earth worth every minute. Make more of those minutes, and hours, and days and you'll make more out of each year and ultimately your entire lifetime. A very very worthy goal for all. HappyinHeels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, @HappyinHeels. I hope we're getting there. As you say - open communication is the best way of improving one's marriage (and relationships in general) - even though it may sometimes bring tension, but in meaningful relationships as marriage, one should try always be open rather than swallow and keep things inside. Like you, I really agree that these are unions worth fighting for, as I think we are 'wired' to be with spouses, and ones close to us who love care and support us.  Thanks for the ever-true outlook for life!

As for me, tonight I'm doing so work from home, wearing my pointed to wedge boots, and enjoying them immensely!

large.20171121_100403.jpg.f2c01cf2c41b1cf57427a6f4525e0ef5.jpg

large.20171121_100206.jpg.224d68cbd81ce44881c833e17d0b2277.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:07 AM, jeremy1986 said:

As for me, tonight I'm doing so work from home, wearing my pointed to wedge boots, and enjoying them immensely!

You have a nice pair there Jeremy. Seems to be comfy and warm on feet.

• Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, flavio said:

You have a nice pair there Jeremy. Seems to be comfy and warm on feet.

Thanks! Indeed very comfy and easy to wear. Also pretty quiet when walking around a house full of sleeping children!

Another thing I like about this pair is the heel. Not really visible here, but unlike most wedges that have a wide and chunky heel, these are very slender, closer to the thin shape of a stiletto, which makes them a little more stylish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Thanks! Indeed very comfy and easy to wear. Also pretty quiet when walking around a house full of sleeping children!

Another thing I like about this pair is the heel. Not really visible here, but unlike most wedges that have a wide and chunky heel, these are very slender, closer to the thin shape of a stiletto, which makes them a little more stylish.

Yes Jeremy they are very stylish looking boots and loving that wedge heel, I’ve never really been big on suede, always prefer leather but those seem to compliment your legs perfectly mate 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maninboots said:

Yes Jeremy they are very stylish looking boots and loving that wedge heel, I’ve never really been big on suede, always prefer leather but those seem to compliment your legs perfectly mate 

Thanks mate!

• 1 month later...

Been quite a while since I posted my own content here. Thankfully, things have calmed down nicely on my home front, still not out of the woods, as they say... but we're doing much better, thanks to a bunch of professionals helping us along. wow - was that cryptic enough ;-) 

Tonight my wife went to bed early and the kids are all down, so I decided I would pick out some heels to wear while I catch up on some work. I was searching for some wedges I liked, but landed up being too noisy for my wife (shoes are all stored under my bed), so I just opted for a pair of block heel platform sandals that were within reach. I have only worn them a couple of times, and despite not always having liked the block heel/platform look, these did have a certain appeal to them. That, and the sale they were on :) 

They have a 6" heel and a 2" platform. Makes for a good stable walk, though I must say, I think I am out of practice (it has been a long times since I have heeled properly!). Bought from New Look: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/navy-denim-knotted-platform-heels-_366158541?isRecent=true

I know there are some friends here who will love them, and others who will scowl ;-) 

Herewith, some appropriately sized images for your viewing pleasure. 

IMG_20190612_233554.jpg

IMG_20190612_233438.jpg

IMG_20190612_233451.jpg

IMG_20190612_233529.jpg

• Like 8

I have several pairs of heel that have this profile, 6+ inch heel, 2 inch platform. Love them all and wear them all the time in the summer. Easy to walk in.

2 minutes ago, Cali said:

I have several pairs of heel that have this profile, 6+ inch heel, 2 inch platform. Love them all and wear them all the time in the summer. Easy to walk in.

You were one of the fine folks I knew would appreciate this pair ;-) 

3 minutes ago, bailey said:

They would look great with a pr. of denim skinny jeans. You should try some, I am sure they would look and feel awesome with these sexy platforms.

Thanks. I think you are right. That, or a curvy boot cut pair... you know, 70's style!

Interesting shoes there, but six inches is way too high for me. I’d come down with vertigo if I wore heels THAT high!  :giggle:

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Looking good.

There's been a recent thread about image file sizes so I thought I'd take a look at @jeremy1986 's image properties. Choosing one at random it was 1000x750 pixels and 64kB. Yes, just 64 kilobytes for a good looking image. Might be worth posting in that thread about what you did to the original picture to get a small file with good quality.

10 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Been quite a while since I posted my own content here. Thankfully, things have calmed down nicely on my home front, still not out of the woods, as they say... but we're doing much better, thanks to a bunch of professionals helping us along. wow - was that cryptic enough ;-) 

Tonight my wife went to bed early and the kids are all down, so I decided I would pick out some heels to wear while I catch up on some work. I was searching for some wedges I liked, but landed up being too noisy for my wife (shoes are all stored under my bed), so I just opted for a pair of block heel platform sandals that were within reach. I have only worn them a couple of times, and despite not always having liked the block heel/platform look, these did have a certain appeal to them. That, and the sale they were on :) 

They have a 6" heel and a 2" platform. Makes for a good stable walk, though I must say, I think I am out of practice (it has been a long times since I have heeled properly!). Bought from New Look: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/navy-denim-knotted-platform-heels-_366158541?isRecent=true

I know there are some friends here who will love them, and others who will scowl ;-) 

IMG_20190612_233554.jpg

IMG_20190612_233438.jpg

IMG_20190612_233451.jpg

IMG_20190612_233529.jpg

Nice shoes to be fair mate, i tried some similar in schuh a while back, i was only wearing trainers when i went in so i think i took the young female assistant a bit by surprise when i asked for my size and to try them on, she soon knew it wasn’t a wind up when she saw me walking in them, she said i can definitely see you’ve worn heels before, we then engaged in quite a lengthy conversation while i tried a few more pairs on, i do love shop visits like that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

Nice shoes to be fair mate, i tried some similar in schuh a while back, i was only wearing trainers when i went in so i think i took the young female assistant a bit by surprise when i asked for my size and to try them on, she soon knew it wasn’t a wind up when she saw me walking in them, she said i can definitely see you’ve worn heels before, we then engaged in quite a lengthy conversation while i tried a few more pairs on, i do love shop visits like that 

Thanks! Never thought I would like that style... but here we are! 
And well done on that encounter.

6 hours ago, at9 said:

Looking good.

There's been a recent thread about image file sizes so I thought I'd take a look at @jeremy1986 's image properties. Choosing one at random it was 1000x750 pixels and 64kB. Yes, just 64 kilobytes for a good looking image. Might be worth posting in that thread about what you did to the original picture to get a small file with good quality.

Thanks. I deal with graphics a little professionally, so know my way around this. You are right - they were taken on my phone and were somewhere in the area of 3000 X 4000 pixels, at about 60% jpeg quality (which drastically brings down the weight). I then optimized each image to about 1000 pixels wide and upped the quality to about 70%, which still enabled a really slim file weight but a decent viewing size. I used my old copy of Adobe Fireworks, but there are many apps out there that can do this. In fact, even emailing yourself the images (if you use Outlook) can sometimes do the trick. I take pride in my images almost as much as in my heels ;-)  

10 hours ago, JeffB said:

Interesting shoes there, but six inches is way too high for me. I’d come down with vertigo if I wore heels THAT high!  :giggle:

Hehe... ;-)   a little high for me too, but again, It should be ok because of the platform. I think I am just out of practice!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Hehe... ;-)   a little high for me too, but again, It should be ok because of the platform. I think I am just out of practice!  

I’ve never worn anything higher than five inches, and I haven’t done that in years now. These days, it’s rare when I wear four inchers, and that’s fine by me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight my wife wasn't feeling well, and fell asleep on the couch, not unusual. I got the kids arranged, and eventually to bed, and decided to have a shower myself. While doing so, considered choosing to heels to wear afterwards, seen as everyone was asleep, and my wife as well. So I chose some wedges and took them downstairs by hand. Turned out my wife had woken up and we chatted a little, she clearly saw the wedges in my hand, but didn't say anything. I had them next to me on the floor as we had a snack and chatted for a while longer, but did not put them on yet, as she had mentioned that its hard for her to see me wear heels (Oh well... ) so out of respect, I did not put them on while she was hear, but she has gone to sleep now, and on they go! I really like these, a great fit, very comfy and a cute look too! 

I have mentioned these before I think. A Payless buy, belonging to my wife, that she wanted to toss recently, and I asked/said that I would like to keep (they are blue after all!). About a 4.5" heel and 1.5" platform. 

IMG_20190701_012757.jpg

IMG_20190701_011813.jpg

IMG_20190701_011741.jpg

IMG_20190701_011716.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, jeremy1986 said:

IMG_20190612_233554.jpg

IMG_20190612_233438.jpg

IMG_20190612_233451.jpg

IMG_20190612_233529.jpg

Yep, I'd wear them - - Since we've gone from torrential rain to 90's and high humidity, Something like those, A denim mini, triple shot of Bourbon and something on the Bar-B-  

Gotta be comfortable !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Tonight my wife wasn't feeling well, and fell asleep on the couch, not unusual. I got the kids arranged, and eventually to bed, and decided to have a shower myself. While doing so, considered choosing to heels to wear afterwards, seen as everyone was asleep, and my wife as well. So I chose some wedges and took them downstairs by hand. Turned out my wife had woken up and we chatted a little, she clearly saw the wedges in my hand, but didn't say anything. I had them next to me on the floor as we had a snack and chatted for a while longer, but did not put them on yet, as she had mentioned that its hard for her to see me wear heels (Oh well... ) so out of respect, I did not put them on while she was hear, but she has gone to sleep now, and on they go! I really like these, a great fit, very comfy and a cute look too!

Did your wife react in any way? Can you elaborate what you mean by "it's hard for her to see me wear heels"? My wife tolerates it, but clearly said she doesn't want to see me wearing them while we're both at home. I imagine if I have issues dealing with this, then it must be even harder for her...

19 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

Did your wife react in any way? Can you elaborate what you mean by "it's hard for her to see me wear heels"? My wife tolerates it, but clearly said she doesn't want to see me wearing them while we're both at home. I imagine if I have issues dealing with this, then it must be even harder for her...

Hi @hiddenheels! I have been wanting to respond to one of your recent posts, but haven't had a chance yet - it seems as though we are in a similar position on a number of feelings and challenges.

"hard for her to see me in heels" were her words - and I assume the issue is that its weird (and hard) for her to see her husband wearing women's high heels. That 'macho' look is brken by something that looks off. And I can totally hear that ;-)  And I can imagine that wearing them with "standard issue" mens clothing makes it look even more odd (but I'm not about to suggest to her that I also start wearing women's clothing to make the heels look better and more natural, lest she freak out even more)!

As with you, my wife can tolerate it, as in accepts my wanting to wear them, but just doesn't want to have anything to do with it (There it seems, you are a few steps ahead of me, as your wife has agreed to accompany you out). I imagine and suspect that most spouses of heel wearers on the forum are not encouraging or "pro" mean wearing heels, just that they are OK with it, and have gotten used to seeing it around... so it kind of disappears into the background now. I've said this a few times before, based on many months of reading and listening on the forum here - despite the very vocal (and lucky!) voices of our publicly heel-wearing members about what we logically "deserve" as per mens fashion - there are VERY few people (spouses  or otherwise) on board with this, and that's something that us heel lovers just need to understand and come to terms with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

there are VERY few people (spouses  or otherwise) on board with this, and that's something that us heel lovers just need to understand and come to terms with.

I agree with this 100%.  One Night Stands, heels don't matter.  Short Term "mini" relationships, heels don't matter.  Long Term Significant Other, heels matter. 

Money at luxury level can buy a long term relationship tolerance.  Transaction or authentic connection?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:29 AM, kneehighs said:

I agree with this 100%.  One Night Stands, heels don't matter.  Short Term "mini" relationships, heels don't matter.  Long Term Significant Other, heels matter. 

Money at luxury level can buy a long term relationship tolerance.  Transaction or authentic connection?

Not sure I understood your whole post - but thanks for the agreement! 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Not sure I understood your whole post - but thanks for the agreement! 

You could always just ask me to clarify the parts you didn't understand.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.