Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

• 2 months later...

I still have a bunch of updates to write here one day soon

but for now - small update - I inventoried my heels today first time in a loooong time. Surprised myself with 39 pairs!!!! Also took the opportunity to clean them up a little, as well as the area i store them under my bed - and to snap some pics of them (individually and group shots!). We might be redoing our bedroom furniture, am not sure what kind of storage i will have after that happens...  

So here is the summary:

11 tall boots:

• 3 otk, + 8 knee high (2 of which are just up onto the knee)
  • 3 flat, 2 wedge, 5 stiletto, 1 block heeled 
6 ankle boots

5 pumps

7 sandals:
  • 2 block heels and 5 stiletto
9 wedges

1 flat 🤣 (inherited from the wife)

In my pics here i have some additional pairs - some of those are borrowed from the wife.

here are the group shots, if anyone want close up of a particular pair, lets me know. 

Tall boots: 

IMG_20210530_143317.jpg

Ankle boots: 

IMG_20210530_143308.jpg

Pumps: 

IMG_20210530_143303.jpg

Sandals: 

IMG_20210530_143250 - Copy.jpg

Wedges: 

IMG_20210530_143257 - Copy.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 7

Just now, Mr. X said:

looks like quite a collection

Thank you. I'm surprised myself. Been working on it, for around 5-6 years, but very slowly.

Its nothing compared to many other folks here .... 

Nice shoes and sandals.  Got me thinking, maybe I should round up all of my heels in one place and take a count, might be interesting...  Nice that you and your wife are the same size.  My wife and I are not, but we do have many matching sandals of the same style.  It's fun...  sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

6 hours ago, HeelinginCO said:

Awesome collection man, especially the extensive wedges and sandals selection! Hope to see you modeling them down the road.

Thanks 😊

Will try got to that soon. That is after all the fun part!

I realize now that the snaps from above certainly are not the most attractive angle to take of heels...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:51 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Thanks 😊

Will try got to that soon. That is after all the fun part!

I realize now that the snaps from above certainly are not the most attractive angle to take of heels...

I definitely get that. I am not fond of modeling. The only reason I do it at all is because of requests from here. And as you know, my shoe pictures are almost all taken on top of my washing machine with that awful drain pipe in the background!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

mlroseplant,

Don't sell yourself short! I know of no finer heel model in Central Iowa than you. 😄 HinH

jeremy1986,

Your collection is coming along. I would caution you though there will come a point when you'll forget how many shoes you have or why you bought them. Especially once you take stock of how many heels you've worn even a single time. Your situation also needs to consider that yours aren't even worn in public. It is easy to buy something which is easy on the eyes and gives you such joy but you'll be amazed how it can get out of your control. Everything can be better enjoyed when it is done with moderation and insight. There have been forum questions before as to how many shoes any of us had and my answer was around 125 at the time I first replied. Problem I never actually counted later on. I strongly suspect I have more than double that and really should have a sale sometime soon. I have two sets of kneehigh boots, 4 pairs of pumps, 2 pairs of ankle boots, and about 10 pairs of wedges which I have worn on multiple occasions and to various venues such as restaurants, theatres, shopping centres, a few outdoor weddings and parties, and just walking around in some urban/suburban setting. Like I said, it is far too easy to let a passion go past what is reasonable to enjoy and maintain. Life is fairly short and available space for collectibles is probably yet shorter so be selective. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

I have passed the point of counting the number of any object, be it heels or jeans or fishing poles or ...  I have between 60 and 70 heels, but would say that maybe only 50 are in rotation (some only seasonal).  Since the pandemic the number in rotation is down to only about 10.  What keeps me from expanding the number of heels is the concept you can only wear so many heels a year.  It would now take me over a year to wear each pair I have at least 6 times each. Styles change so I need to be able to adjust.

My heels aren't a "collection" but just part of my over all wardrobe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

There have been forum questions before as to how many shoes any of us had and my answer was around 125 at the time I first replied. Problem I never actually counted later on. I strongly suspect I have more than double that and really should have a sale sometime soon. I have two sets of kneehigh boots, 4 pairs of pumps, 2 pairs of ankle boots, and about 10 pairs of wedges which I have worn on multiple occasions and to various venues such as restaurants, theatres, shopping centres, a few outdoor weddings and parties, and just walking around in some urban/suburban setting.

HinH, did I misunderstand.  You said you thought you might have over 200 pairs of heels, but state that you have 18 that you have actually worn out of the house.  Is that correct?  

RonC,

The first part is correct. I am pretty sure I have more than double that 125 count from several years ago. The 18 pairs refers to those I have worn at least 3 or more times in different places and yes out of the house. Some shoes you buy however don't pass the outdoor test like walking on pavement for any period of time, uneven ground like fine gravel or grass, or they just aren't as comfortable an hour later than you thought. Most of the rest were worn once or twice or not out of an indoor setting at all.  My observation, and my point is, just how few pairs made the multiple-wear in multiple places category. Call them the "go to heels". Just part of a self evaluation at this point of my wife really.  Hope that clears it up. HinH

• Like 2

Wow, that is a lot of shoes that didn't get worn much.  A bit sad that they didn't.  It is unfortunate that you can try on a pair of shoes in store and walk around a bit and they seem to fit fine and feel good.  But wear them for an hour or so and it's a different story.  I know that many women have had the same experience, including my wife, who has bought in store or even on line and thought the shoes were fine, only to wear them once and find that they were uncomfortable.  I'll admit that has happened to me even in men's shoes.  That is a big number of shoes to own though!