Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

hehe - so true!  Hope all's well, enjoy yours too (afternoon I guess, by now?)

:-)

hehe - I like your thinking!

Agreed... and I think you know which one I chose too!

Definitely mate 

• Like 1

Today was (still is) a day for some flat boots with my skinny (skinnyish...) jeans....

The black OTK is a pair from ASOS I have had for almost 2 years (to the day, in fact). The wife got a matching pair in "hazelnut brown", but has since given them to me, as they tend to slip down, and that annoys her. I love the feel of an OTK boot that goes so high and pulls on the jeans and legs beneath

The brown pair is my wife's - you can see the leather needs a bit of attention, but being leather, they have a delightful lining inside, which makes them a pleasure to wear - warm and cosy. My wife says they are the favourite pair.

I love the casual look and feel (even though its no substitute for heels, right!) - as well as the hollow sound as I walk, so different to the solid noise of high heels.

IMG_20200121_083250 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083409 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083046 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083031 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Today was (still is) a day for some flat boots with my skinny (skinnyish...) jeans....

The black OTK is a pair from ASOS I have had for almost 2 years (to the day, in fact). The wife got a matching pair in "hazelnut brown", but has since given them to me, as they tend to slip down, and that annoys her. I love the feel of an OTK boot that goes so high and pulls on the jeans and legs beneath

The brown pair is my wife's - you can see the leather needs a bit of attention, but being leather, they have a delightful lining inside, which makes them a pleasure to wear - warm and cosy. My wife says they are the favourite pair.

I love the casual look and feel (even though its no substitute for heels, right!) - as well as the hollow sound as I walk, so different to the solid noise of high heels.

IMG_20200121_083250 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083409 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083046 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200121_083031 - Copy.jpg

Couple of nice pairs there Jeremy, as much as I love heels you can’t beat a pair of flats on odd occasions and you’re right about the feeling of OTK’s, just something about them you can’t explain, do you wear them out and about or just at home?

On 1/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, jeremy1986 said:

This morning's deliberation....

Your thoughts?

As previously said, I think that you didn’t need a long time for this deliberation!

its really impressive how much « just  » a pair of shoes can change the overall look! That’s one of the reason of my heel loving!

By the way they looks great with your jeans, you must enjoy your day wearing them !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, maninboots said:

Couple of nice pairs there Jeremy, as much as I love heels you can’t beat a pair of flats on odd occasions and you’re right about the feeling of OTK’s, just something about them you can’t explain, do you wear them out and about or just at home?

Thanks mate!

I don't wear them out... but would consider it maybe (not over my jeans though... ), and even my wife has commented that they probably wont get much notice and can pass as men's "French shoes" (her words)

17 hours ago, Peter1 said:

As previously said, I think that you didn’t need a long time for this deliberation!

its really impressive how much « just  » a pair of shoes can change the overall look! That’s one of the reason of my heel loving!

By the way they looks great with your jeans, you must enjoy your day wearing them !

hehe - thanks. and yes - I don't enjoy wearing them a lot, and the right shoes can really make the outfit, as you say (make or break!)

I have quite a few pairs of boots - wish I could just pick, choose and wear more often, but the circumstances  are just not suitable, for various reasons (it is what it is)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

@jeremy1986 could you please ask your wife why she uses that ‘French shoes’ expression 

i am French and have no idea what it could be. 

Pierre 

will see if I can get it into conversation.... (she said it like 2 years ago... but i still remember it!)  - I think she just meant kind of non-standard, more fashionable/stylish shoe, rather than one's more casual loafer or sports show, which are so common... 

• 2 weeks later...

Some small heeling/booting updates here.

My wife and I have been going through some very troubling times over the past 2 years. She has been suffering from various emotional issues, and its brought  us into dire straights. I have confided in a few of you guys over the years. Thankfully, things are (very) slowly, improving, after a many hours of therapy, marriage counselling included. There are good days, and bad days. Yesterday was a bit of both, but we had planned a night out after a doctor's appointment, and we stuck to it, despite a difficult session in the morning.  We planned that my wife would pick me up from work and we would go straight through. Soon after we started driving, I noticed my wife was wearing boots - and she showed me they were her heeled boots! and told me that she had especially put them on for me, for our night out. 

Now, anyone who is an avid reader of mine :-)  will know that my wife hardly ever wears heels anymore (she has tossed out most of them, or handed them down to me), and even boots are not common fort her, as she says she feels the heat a lot. Over the years, I would pass humorous comments here and there suggesting boots, but I usually just get a chuckle and then she chooses some flat ballerina type shoes in the winter - or (gasp!) slip slops/thongs in the summer....   So, I was really touched that she thought of doing this for me. She looked great in them, and I enjoyed seeing her in them, and the way they changed her walk... she reported back that they were really comfortable and manageable, and would definitely wear them more often, just that she isn't used to the heel. I told her its just a matter of getting used to them again. She even said I wonder what it would be like wearing them to work (she now works a long 8-9 hour shift at a shop...). I doubt that would happen, but even just hearing her say that seems way out of character  - in a good way I think. So that was a really fun evening. The boots themselves are a lovely pull-on style with soft suede and a kitten heel (roughly 2.5") from M&S she/we bought a few years ago. Some snaps below and you can read more about them here

kit2.thumb.jpg.4732e1ac3f2abab787e898dca0e5035a.jpg20171121_092059.thumb.jpg.d816076f4c3e7246b9c78f8b35a73884.jpg20171121_092010.thumb.jpg.fd5397399d99c5739bf47184bea9887b.jpg

Now to another update, hot from this morning's press.

I'm working home today, after having gone to an early morning run and then dropping everyone off at school and work. I decided that it should definitely be a morning in boots. But unfortunately having my MIL living with us now, means I cannot wear my stiletto's much!

So I chose a more under-cover pair- they are mid-calf, flat and a very comfy slouchy suede style. The soles are rubber, so they make a lovely  silent delicate sound as one walks around. I decided I would push my boundaries just a little (which is still no where close to many of you guys). I needed to get to a storage unit of ours and put stuff in, and remove other stuff. We were also supposed to get a grocery delivery during the morning, and I decided today would be the day. As you can see, these are very much under the radar - especially when worn under my chinos as I did, so its pretty much a none issue, unless someone takes a closer look and sees the style. The zip is mostly hidden. so first, while busy in and out of the storeroom, walking in and out of our place - not many people around, but at some point, the neighbor above us came passed and we chatted a little. I had the feeling that she looked down, but behind her sun glasses, i could not tell. Even if she did think she saw something, it was a split second - she didn't show anything, and I doubt she'll say anything to anyone. (She was actually wearing a really cute ankle boot with a small heel!) She then proceeded to drive away and life went on (read - the world continue to rotate, as some of you say!). I then continued my chores and then the delivery came, the 2 guys brought the stuff in, but also didn't seem to show anything, and I doubt noticed anything anyway. Interestingly, my MIL then came out to help, and chatted with me as usual, certainly didn't say anything. I doubt she even noticed. So all in all - only one of very few 'outings' I have had in boots, and its felt nice. and interaction with at least 4 people - which is definitely first for me! I am sure it would be more noticeable even while wearing my other flat boots, which have a plastic heel - and they make much more of a clip-clop sound as one gets around.

Anyway - I lovely day and some nice small achievements too!

Here are the boots (still wearing them!)

IMG_20200206_103612 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200206_103548 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200206_103601 - Copy.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Some small heeling/booting updates here.

My wife and I have been going through some very troubling times over the past 2 years. She has been suffering from various emotional issues, and its brought  us into dire straights. I have confided in a few of you guys over the years. Thankfully, things are (very) slowly, improving, after a many hours of therapy, marriage counselling included. There are good days, and bad days. Yesterday was a bit of both, but we had planned a night out after a doctor's appointment, and we stuck to it, despite a difficult session in the morning.  We planned that my wife would pick me up from work and we would go straight through. Soon after we started driving, I noticed my wife was wearing boots - and she showed me they were her heeled boots! and that she had specially put them on for me, for our night out. 

Now, anyway who is an avid reader of mine :-)  will know that my wife hardly ever wears heels anymore (she has tossed out most of them, or handed them down to me), and even boots are not her usual attire, as she says she feels the heat a lot. Over the years, I pass comments here and there suggesting boots, but I usually just get a chuckle and then she chooses some flat ballerina type shoes in the winter - or (gasp!) slip slops/thongs in the summer....   So, I was really touched that she thought of doing this for me. She looked great in them, and I enjoyed seeing her in them, and the way they changed her walk... she reported back that they were really comfortable and manageable, and would definitely wear them more often, just that she isn't used to the heel anymore. She even said I wonder what it would be like wearing them to work (she now works a long 8-9 hour shift at a shop...). I doubt that would happen, but even just hearing her say that seems way out of character  - in a good way I think. So that was a really fun evening. The boots themselves are a lovely pull-on style with soft suede and a kitten heel (roughly 2.5") from M&S she/we bought a few years ago. Some snaps below and you can read more about them here

kit2.thumb.jpg.4732e1ac3f2abab787e898dca0e5035a.jpg20171121_092059.thumb.jpg.d816076f4c3e7246b9c78f8b35a73884.jpg20171121_092010.thumb.jpg.fd5397399d99c5739bf47184bea9887b.jpg

Now to another update, hot from this morning's press.

I'm working home today, after having gone to an early morning run and then dropping everyone off at school and work. I decided that it should definitely be a morning in boots. But unfortunately having my MIL living with us now, means I cannot wear my stiletto's much!

So I chose a more under-cover pair- they are mid-calf, flat and a very comfy slouchy suede style. The soles are rubber, so they make a lovely  silent delicate sound as one walks around. I decided I would push my boundaries just a little (which is still no where close to many of you guys). I needed to get to a storage unit of ours and put stuff in, and remove other stuff. We were also supposed to get a grocery delivery during the morning, and I decided today would be the day. As you can see, these are very much under the radar - especially when worn under my chinos as I did, so its pretty much a none issue, unless someone takes a closer look and sees the style. The zip is mostly hidden. so first, while busy in and out of the storeroom, walking in and out of our place - not many people around, but at some point, the neighbor above us came passed and we chatted a little. I had the feeling that she looked down, but behind her sun glasses, i could not tell. Even if she did think she saw something, it was a split second - she didn't show anything, and I doubt she'll say anything to anyone. (She was actually wearing a really cute ankle boot with a small heel!) She then proceeded to drive away and life went on (read - the world continue to rotate, as some of you say!). I then continued my chores and then the delivery came, the 2 guys brought the stuff in, but also didn't seem to show anything, and I doubt noticed anything anyway. Interestingly, my MIL then came out to help, and chatted with me as usual, certainly didn't say anything. I doubt she even noticed. So all in all - only one of very few 'outings' I have had in boots, and its felt nice. and interaction with at least 4 people - which is definitely first for me! I am sure it would be more noticeable even while wearing my other flat boots, which have a plastic heel - and they make much more of a clip-clop sound as one gets around.

Anyway - I lovely day and some nice small achievements too!

Here are the boots (still wearing them!)

IMG_20200206_103612 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200206_103548 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200206_103601 - Copy.jpg

I’m delighted to hear things are improving with you and your wife and great little story about your night out and her boots, I’ve seen and tried those boots in M&S but never bought them, they seem to do a similar style most years, well done on your boots wearing experience aswell, great to see you taking the plunge and maybe trip by trip you’ll get a little more daring, i think starting with flats under trousers is always good until you build your confidence up then maybe try gradually introducing small heels under your trousers and progressing from there, i don’t expect men to jump straight in with knee high heels over jeans, but in time you can certainly build up to that and you’ll wonder what the fuss was all about, but well done on your progress so far, I’d love to meet-up with you sometime and help you along, a nice little shopping trip somewhere not too close to home and maybe try on a few pairs in some shops, could be a bit of fun and a good experience for us both 

17 minutes ago, maninboots said:

I’m delighted to hear things are improving with you and your wife and great little story about your night out and her boots, I’ve seen and tried those boots in M&S but never bought them, they seem to do a similar style most years, well done on your boots wearing experience aswell, great to see you taking the plunge and maybe trip by trip you’ll get a little more daring, i think starting with flats under trousers is always good until you build your confidence up then maybe try gradually introducing small heels under your trousers and progressing from there, i don’t expect men to jump straight in with knee high heels over jeans, but in time you can certainly build up to that and you’ll wonder what the fuss was all about, but well done on your progress so far, I’d love to meet-up with you sometime and help you along, a nice little shopping trip somewhere not too close to home and maybe try on a few pairs in some shops, could be a bit of fun and a good experience for us both 

Thanks for the encouragement mate - really appreciate it!

I had to deliver something to my kids school a later on - I chickened out on that one!! changed into boring Merrel loafers... 

Yes, I know its a slow journey sometimes... I'm certainly not one to rock the boat too much … But it felt great - and gave me an appetite for more, one day.

Thanks a lot also for the offer to meet up - that DOES sounds like fun - one day hopefully :-) 

• 6 months later...

Hiya all!

Hope all's well with y'all. Have been off the forum for a few months... you know, lock down, kids home, work stuff, moving offices, vacation and all ….  I certainly missed some of the banter that goes on around here, and the feeling of a bit of a community built around our little hobby / way of life.

Nothing much new by me in the realm of heels...  but toying with buying a few pairs now. Have hardly the opportunity to heel at all right now, so wondering whether I can justify the cost... after all, money doesn't grow on trees anymore.

Will just paste some heels I showed my wife recently - I saw them on ASOS, and they looks a little ridiculously attractive… know what I mean?? My wife expressed some interest in them (for her!), and said the right outfit needs to be found to match. Not much to worry about when wearing them at home though ;-)

Hoping to hear from all you gang I used to be in touch with... Pls do reply and comment

cheers!

AAAA.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Nice looking sandals. I like the bling on them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks BJ.  Good to hear from you.  They seem to be this odd outdoor camping style heel combination.  Odd, but so... Intriguing?

Your comments are appreciated as I certainly know your style and attitude ;-)

Edited by jeremy1986

jeremy1986,

Nice to see you have returned to the forum. Thanks for comments on my postings as well. Did some camping last year and this year (though not in a national park in 2020) and never that "camping style" sandal. Irrespective of that it looks nice on you which is the only important thing. As to lockdowns and the like it is strange watching sports on TV with no crowds. It will be even stranger when my son and I are NOT attending football games in Green Bay as we are season ticket holders. It actually was an easy decision to sit this one out and our monies paid will be applied to 2021 instead. This time is also an opportunity for people the world over to reinvest in their families and perhaps invest in their own creativity like maybe they have never done before. The chance is there to thrive by ingenuity or wilt by dependence. The choice is up to the individual. HinH

Thanks @HappyinHeels, for the comments. Just to set the record straight - the pics of the "camping sandal" is not me, I can only dream of looking as sharp as that ;-)

We just got back from a short family camping expedition last week, needless to say - no heels seen. Anywhere. But then again, none expected! 

Totally agreed, this is a time to tighten the family links, and I think we have gained from that muchly over the last few months, with the children getting along much better than they have ever in the past. Really nice to see. I hear that domestic violence is on a steep increase lately - what with families forced to live closely to each other, and the added pressures of finances, employment, sickness etc. We, despite having been going to marriage therapy for the last 2 years (weekly), have managed to go through the last few months with only minor hickups, and I give myself and my wife a pat on the shoulder for the achievement! Issues still remain, but we have been able to talk our way through most of them.

Wishing everyone a good weekend and successful and safe week.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

So,  a very interesting thing just happenned!

My wife and I found this strip of outlet shops about an hour away from us, a week ago when we took our son to a school event. Various clothing shops, and  - a shoe shop. We landed up spending an hour+ there browsing. they had a HUGE range, mainly of kids shoes, but also men and women (mostly flat - blah!)- quite well priced, but not crazy-cheap. But there was a section at the back with various heels, and interestingly, sizes that might just fit my wife and I - possibly!  I couldn't convince my wife to get herself a pair, and she just chose a pair of boring Desigual flat sliders, the sloppy summer styles of today.... Anyway - I was upset with myself that I didn't just say "I want to buy a pair of heels for myself", and not just try convince my wife to get for herself. I knew we'd be going again soon, so just said I want to go with and see what to buy, knowing that I am more open to that decision than pretty much any time in the past (both because its out of town, and a big store room kind of store - and because of my own inner strength that I think has been growing)

Today my wife took my son again ( I had a zoom conference for work so unfortunately couldn't join) and I knew she'd be going there again. She found a pair of formal shoes she thought i'd like. But I didn't push her to look for heels for me, since I wasn't there anyway, so no real point in that. Anyway, then she shows me this pair of mens shoes that SHE loves  - FOR HERSELF!  She says she would wear them in winter and can wear them "with anything". Not sure about that, because of the style, but that's not my issue. I would have probably said no, should she have found a different pair for herself (money constraints). But, now then she wants to buy a mens shoe (see below) - well, that's almost an opportunity that cannot be overlooked, right? in terms of her finally seeing the legitimacy of me liking heels and women's shoes. Her style of shoe (or dressing in general) has changed over the years - from the classic look I really enjoyed in our younger years, so something which is very often a little 'edgy' or possibly alternative, or arty. These shoes are certainly that (on women. On men they are just... well - modern). I don't think that they would be looked at immediately as mens shoes. and if even so - would that bother me? I have always questioned myself what would I say or how would I react should my wife want to wear mens shoes, or mens clothing, and understanding that thought, made me understand my wifes discomfort or lack of understanding of my liking of heels (and that has no connection to my legitimacy of wearing those heels - just her feeling about it). 

So... I quickly agreed to her buying them, and hope this will be a trigger to a real discussion, and hopefully more openness on her side. Time will tell!  

Also seen here - my choice of footwear for WFH. nice 4.5" pump with a 1" platform, from New Look. A little on the large side, but still lovely! 

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-31 at 11.52.25.jpeg

IMG_20200831_130714.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

I just posted some snaps of my newest pair of heels in my album. I don't get many comments on my posts here, so tend to not write. Those who responded ( @Cali and @RonC ) - here you go, an thanks for your interest! 

Pls read my account above from August 31, where i write about this shoe outlet we happened upon. 

I had taken a pair of loafer back, that didn't fit me so well (my wife had gone there on her own a week or 2 before) but they didn't have a better size. So had to look for other options. The shop was about to close soon, and was virtually empty, so it was just us. I had almost given up on finding something else, so told my wife I am going over to look at the heels. I poked around and found a nice selection of heeled sandals in size UK8 (EU 41), which I can squeeze into if needed, and depending on the style - that's the biggest size they had. The one female sales rep was walking around, I was hoping she didn't want to tell me they are closing, but just asked if I need help. I was wondering what she was thinking... certainly didn't seem like she was asking in any offish way. I just said that I'm OK and she walked off.  Though i was kind of wanting to ask her to help me find some more 41's, and see where that would go....  I asked my wife to come over and "try on some heels for me", and she came happily enough. I asked her to try on 2 styles, they were both a bit of a squeeze for her, but she had preference for one of them, but debated if she would actually wear it. It was a nice simple barely there style with an ankle strap - heel of about 3". it was quite a casual style, thick strap and even with velcro on it instead of a buckle, so that's quite cool. The other, much nice in my opinion, more of a caged style, flowery look with a taller heel. Maybe 4". 
She was debating, said they are quite high and doesn't think she would wear them, maybe the lower pair.  I looking and found a brown pair, more of a caged look too, and I asked her to try it on. She battled a little but got it on and even said it's a good fit.  I didn't have much time to poke around more and look, so decided on those, seen as most of my heels are black.  So for a change, you know, i decide those were the ones. 
I just said to her "I think I'm going to take these". And it was clear that I want them for me, not that I was encouraging her to try on and choose for herself.  She  happily said ok, and we looked for a pair that looked in better shape and found one. I took my box and we went off to pay, along with the other pair of new loafers she found for me and an ugly pair of flat desigual slides for her ;-) 

I was on the moon.  She too was there in a great mood and we left to have dinner out together.  On the way we discussed the whole issue. She says she still has a hard time with it. But she tries to put it aside and not think about it. She sees it makes me happy and she is happy for me, but she has a hard time accepting it. I said I have the same with some of her issues. But none of this is harming, and I too don't understand it.... But we sometime have to accept things we don't like in our partners. And I have my fair share of things in her that are very challenging...
We chatted some more about it and I brought up some other related points.  In general, it was a very good talk. Wish we could do it more, but for now it still makes her uncomfortable. I told her shoe shopping is win-win when we do it together 🙂 
Later, as dinner, she said she is starting to regret not getting that pair of barely there heels.... not sure what prompted that, but it was an opening to some more heel talk! Wish i could have gone to get that pair for her... am sure it would have gotten me some browny points!

Here again, is that pair that I bought. 

large.IMG_20200917_224720.jpg.640ab3d18b71c020b312306c26d22ebd.jpg
large.IMG_20200917_224827.jpg.3899cd95fd82d8745b26337902a5b0b1.jpg
  • Like 5

Wear the shoes, you'll get more responses.

As for the shoes, yep they are OK. nothing special, not sexy, don't stand out. You wearing them out and about then nice. Otherwise I could be looking at the JC Penny catalog. 

Model them please.

11 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I just posted some snaps of my newest pair of heels in my album. I don't get many comments on my posts here, so tend to not write.

I guess it means that neither of us has the celebrity Jeff B. 😆  I have had the same feeling on a number of occasions, that nobody is really reading what I put on my thread.  I tend to write in clusters, where I'll have a lot of thoughts or experiences in a short period of time that I think people will enjoy, and so tend to post a lot all at once. Then the thread will sit idle for weeks. The problem with this approach is, often no one responds to the thread, at least right away. For whatever reason, the programming of this forum will merge your replies if they happen within about 24 hours of each other, even if the thoughts might be completely unrelated. When this happens, it doesn't let people know that you've put new content in, it just looks like you've edited something, making for an even more idle thread.

I have noticed that many people tend to respond better to pictures than to thoughts, even if those pictures are completely lame, and there's way too many of them. I personally don't like taking pictures of myself, but have figured out a better way to do so lately. However, you won't ever see me post 15 pictures of myself at once, and they will not be pictures of only feet and legs, unless it's a supplementary picture, designed to show something specific. I just don't get the whole picture bombing thing. In fact, I've had quite a number of members (none of us regulars, of course), contact me on the messenger wanting pictures. Sometimes these requests border on what I consider to be inappropriate. It actually borders on pathetic. My first thought is usually "WTF," and my second is, "Get a life, mother******." People want to see some pictures, I get that. People want to see the shoes you just bought. People maybe even want to see them in context, how they look in the real world. Yep, no problem. But I have no idea why someone would want to see 57 pictures of feet.

Sorry to take up a good portion of your conversation, Jeremy. Y'all have a good day.

• Like 2

Jeremy, that is a nice story.  I only wish I had told my wife about my desire to heel when we were young.  I believe she would have thought it quite odd, but likely would have lived with it.  But after nearly 50 years of marriage, and health issues, it's just too late to go there now.  Hope you continue to make some progress.  And hey, if she can wear shoes from the male side, should be no problem for you on the female side, right?  lol.  Also, I think those sandals are quite nice, with an attractive but walkable heel height.  That is a style and height that is in my wheelhouse so to speak.

And also, to you and mlroseplant, I always read your stuff.  You guys are about the heels.  Jeff is more into clothes and hardly even wears heels anymore.  I read basically every post, though there are a couple folks whose posts I typically skip, but I enjoy hearing about other's experiences and living the vicariously through the posts.  So please guys, keep posting.

• Like 3

I would like to post more. But because of that virus the opportunities are not so many. 
And always posting on the same kind of stuff could for sure  bores everyone  

I wear heels everyday at home or outside. Would creating “ the heels of the day “ blog with a new picture everyday, even with the same shoes be an option? 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2020 at 1:55 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Would creating “ the heels of the day “ blog with a new picture everyday, even with the same shoes be an option? 

I don't think anyone would complain.  Always nice to see what guys are wearing.  What heels, and what clothes with the heels.

• Like 3

Ah yes, une histoire sur les talons du jour (a story about the heels of the day) and other such adventures. Some members here already write about their day spent in heels and exactly what they wore with them so yours would neither be new nor boring. Go ahead and post about it. Besides, 2020 has given new meaning to the idea of a "captive audience". We have been denied the pleasure of going to the movies so please consider this forum your fashion stage and "show us those heels".  HinH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Wear the shoes, you'll get more responses.

As for the shoes, yep they are OK. nothing special, not sexy, don't stand out. You wearing them out and about then nice. Otherwise I could be looking at the JC Penny catalog. 

Model them please.

I've posted "real wearing" heels pics, and still haven't received much response, in the past.

Thanks for the blatant honest feedback about the heels though. Really heart warming. 

On 10/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, mlroseplant said:

I guess it means that neither of us has the celebrity Jeff B. 😆  I have had the same feeling on a number of occasions, that nobody is really reading what I put on my thread.  I tend to write in clusters, where I'll have a lot of thoughts or experiences in a short period of time that I think people will enjoy, and so tend to post a lot all at once. Then the thread will sit idle for weeks.....

Sorry to take up a good portion of your conversation, Jeremy. Y'all have a good day.

No worries at all, mate. Looks like we suffer from the same issues sometimes.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, RonC said:

Jeremy, that is a nice story.  I only wish I had told my wife about my desire to heel when we were young.  I believe she would have thought it quite odd, but likely would have lived with it.  But after nearly 50 years of marriage, and health issues, it's just too late to go there now.  Hope you continue to make some progress. 

I too wonder what my wife would have said if i would have opened up early on. I assume she would have accepted as well, to some degree. You know, love birds and all. But who knows....? 

And hey, if she can wear shoes from the male side, should be no problem for you on the female side, right?  lol. 

Yeah, I tried arguing that at some point (prior to this latest episode when i bought the heels), But she just didn't 'get it'. That's when i realized, that i might probably never "get" her approval, and if I want to heel, i will need to "take" it for myself. Which led me to make those very clear statements when we went back to the shop. It saddened me in a way.... realizing i will probably never have the acceptance i truly want/need.... but it also pushed me to a place of action.  I know many of the bolder members here are scoffing - having "been there and done that" years ago.... But each at his own pace,  and whatever fits, right?

Also, I think those sandals are quite nice, with an attractive but walkable heel height.  That is a style and height that is in my wheelhouse so to speak.

Thanks!! Attractive and walkable are musts for me 🙂 

I read basically every post, though there are a couple folks whose posts I typically skip, but I enjoy hearing about other's experiences and living the vicariously through the posts.  So please guys, keep posting.

Got it - will try!! I too very much enjoy reading members stories and comments, and try comment back or even just react, whenever possible. 

11 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I've posted "real wearing" heels pics, and still haven't received much response, in the past.

Thanks for the blatant honest feedback about the heels though. Really heart warming. 

No worries at all, mate. Looks like we suffer from the same issues sometimes.

I too wonder what my wife would have said if i would have opened up early on. I assume she would have accepted as well, to some degree. You know, love birds and all. But who knows....? 

Yeah, I tried arguing that at some point (prior to this latest episode when i bought the heels), But she just didn't 'get it'. That's when i realized, that i might probably never "get" her approval, and if I want to heel, i will need to "take" it for myself. Which led me to make those very clear statements when we went back to the shop. It saddened me in a way.... realizing i will probably never have the acceptance i truly want/need.... but it also pushed me to a place of action.  I know many of the bolder members here are scoffing - having "been there and done that" years ago.... But each at his own pace,  and whatever fits, right?

Thanks!! Attractive and walkable are musts for me 🙂 

Got it - will try!! I too very much enjoy reading members stories and comments, and try comment back or even just react, whenever possible. 

There was a lot packed into that post! I laughed, I cried, I rolled my eyes, went through the whole range. Attractive and walkable stood out to me, but the those definitions are somewhat fluid. There are some shoes I bought in the past that I have no idea how I ever found those attractive. But I suppose style in and of itself tends to be whimsical. It is also clear that after 8 years of practice, what was impossible to wear all day has become possible.

Thanks for all those comments Jeremy!  

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It is also clear that after 8 years of practice, what was impossible to wear all day has become possible.

Unfortunately for me, age and health issues are causing me to go the other direction.  I am finding anything at about 4" or up is now beyond my comfort limit.  My feet just can't take the pressure on the forefoot, and my ankles are not as flexible as the used to be.  So I enjoy what I can wear.  That said, as I've expressed in the past, to my eye, a heel of greater than 4" holds no real attraction for me.  I do have to say that it seems the vast majority of HHPlace participants seem to like the more extreme heights.  

• Like 2