Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

1 hour ago, Cali said:

That's because @kneehighs is looking at this from a single person's point of view whereas @jeremy1986 is only seeing from the married person's point of view.

It's a interesting point to note as a married heterosexual man whose bestie is a woman. The wife isn't crazy about my heels, but bless her, she tolerates me well enough. 

The bestie, on the other hand, is enthusiastic about my heels, and is often my partner in crime in the fact that we're always on the lookout for shoes for each other. I have wondered idly more than once if she would be nearly as enthusiastic if she were my wife, if I were showing up to HER family get-togethers in heels, if I were going to OUR kids' school programs in heels, and so forth, would she be as enthusiastic and supportive as she is now? That is a question I honestly can't answer. I could see it going either way, but the mere fact that I can't answer this hypothetical question confidently is further evidence that what kneehighs says is 'bout right. 

• Like 2

Totally makes sense 

A neighbor of ours is moving out and is tossing or selling stuff daily. We have a neighborhood Facebook group and yesterday I saw she was giving away a few pairs of shoes. Size 11 US (she is American), which is a perfect fit for me and the wife, so I mentioned it to my wife right away to see if she was interested.  All flat sandals, but 2 of them have a heel of about an inch. The Kind of style @JeffB would enjoy ;-)

Being flats... my wife said she was interested and organized to pick them up right away. We were quite lucky as they are Nine West, Blowfish and one other brand. 

One of them is quite interesting, its kind of an open boot, but my wife immediately started removing a buckle from them as she said they looked too much like a bikers boot.  Pity, but she'll no doubt wear then more like this. 

I guess I'll need to keep my eyes open for more give aways. She does wear moderate heels occasionally, so who knows.  

Capture11.JPG

• 1 month later...

Long time no speak on this thread anyway ;-)

nothing much to speak of, at least on the topic of heels. Kids are all home for summer holidays, and we are completely out of routine: late nights, late mornings, not getting to work much, and then filling in at home when I can... so not much opportunity to heel. 

So just a short update - I recently bought myself a new pair of jeans, and I decided to go for a more skinnier pair than I have in the past, both because I am liking the style more, and at the encouragement of my wife who says they look great... on me (her words :) !). The pair I chose  - while far from "super skinny", is most definitely the skinniest trousers I have, and have a lovely stretchiness to them which I don't recall on my previous jeans. Anyway - been wanting to see how they look with heels since I started wearing them this week, and today the short opportunity presented itself. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to snap any pics (sorry, I know I appreciate looking at others' pics here ), but I tried them with some classic 4" pumps from Asos, and then with the 6" wedges you can see in my avatar (also from Asos), and I can tell you I REALLY liked the look! I suspect more to come! 

Wishing you all a great weekend!

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Wow - almost 2 years since I opened this thread. and SO much has happened during this time. Some of you who I have been in touch with privately know its been a very difficult period for me, battling things on various fronts, but praise the good Lord, I can say that things are better now at home and I am more optimistic than before, and it gives me courage and strength to move forwards.

On the heeling front, things have definitely taken a bit of a blow while I focus on other things and avoid heeling to try minimize possible tensions. I continually visit the forum, and heel via you all ;-) So thanks for that!!! 

Today I had a bit of quiet time and decided to break out a pair I bought from ASOS (almost 2 years ago, in fact) - a really great looking pair, and at £9 could not pass them up!  They have been in my cupboard (still in their box) and I have yet to wear them properly, I had previously only taken one out to try it on.

Missguided Barely There Ankle Tie Heels  - Nude colored faux suede - really soft to the touch. Size 8 UK and they fit quite well - even the strap on the bottom is not overly tight, which is something I often worry about with those style of sandal.  The bow looks quite large, not sure if overly so (I tied it myself!), but is very cute. (My wife has a similar style, but in flats).

The heel is a stiletto shape 5" (12cm) - absolutely fabulous looking... Platform is less than 1cm. They are delightful to wear, and I can walk in them slowly, and believe  that with more practice, could manage in them OK. And the rear zipper really adds some interest - love that feature, for the function and look!

PS: Excuse the wrinkled sheet below! 

large.IMG_20191110_084834.jpg.fbcadbc3b15036b89616b2dd1f45b6ed.jpglarge.IMG_20191110_084802.jpg.222a046eaea953ca232a699693c07619.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

So yesterday I was working a little from home, as we have some renovations going on. I decided to wear a pair of flat boots for a bit (wearing heels might be pushing it, what with the builder here :) )

I decided to wear a pair of comfy little flats, that actually belong to my wife. They were a bit of a squeeze to put on, though I was wearing thick socks, but still fit ok. They are some local brand (though apparently a fancier local brand???) called Zamsh. They are mid calf high, with a rubbery sole that makes for a tender step (if that makes sense?). Its interesting, how when wearing my regular shoes (usually a sport style of Merrel), my steps have a heavier and more present style - whereas in boots like these (or flats as well for that matter), even walking the same way (meaning, I do not adjust my walk to walk femininely) - the steps are much quieter and tender like. 

Attaching some pics below. I think these could probably pass easily enough out and about, though the seem in the middle of the foot might be a telling sign. but still - not many people would notice.  Yes - I know most of you are well past this point :D 

IMG_20191204_132938 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191204_132909 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191204_132916 - Copy.jpg

------------------------------

On 11/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Hi all.

Wow - almost 2 years since I opened this thread. and SO much has happened during this time. Some of you who I have been in touch with privately know its been a very difficult period for me, battling things on various fronts, but praise the good Lord, I can say that things are better now at home and I am more optimistic than before, and it gives me courage and strength to move forwards.

On the heeling front, things have definitely taken a bit of a blow while I focus on other things and avoid heeling to try minimize possible tensions. I continually visit the forum, and heel via you all ;-) So thanks for that!!! 

Today I had a bit of quiet time and decided to break out a pair I bought from ASOS (almost 2 years ago, in fact) - a really great looking pair, and at £9 could not pass them up!  They have been in my cupboard (still in their box) and I have yet to wear them properly, I had previously only taken one out to try it on.

Missguided Barely There Ankle Tie Heels  - Nude colored faux suede - really soft to the touch. Size 8 UK and they fit quite well - even the strap on the bottom is not overly tight, which is something I often worry about with those style of sandal.  The bow looks quite large, not sure if overly so (I tied it myself!), but is very cute. (My wife has a similar style, but in flats).

The heel is a stiletto shape 5" (12cm) - absolutely fabulous looking... Platform is less than 1cm. They are delightful to wear, and I can walk in them slowly, and believe  that with more practice, could manage in them OK. And the rear zipper really adds some interest - love that feature, for the function and look!

PS: Excuse the wrinkled sheet below! 

large.IMG_20191110_084834.jpg.fbcadbc3b15036b89616b2dd1f45b6ed.jpglarge.IMG_20191110_084802.jpg.222a046eaea953ca232a699693c07619.jpg

hmmmm - I see the images above were removed? maybe too large?

Re attaching smaller versions....

IMG_20191110_084834 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191110_084802 - Copy.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ohnoberty said:

Well I think these are really cute and have been looking at similar pairs by Kurt Geiger. Not quite found the right ones yet but still looking.

Thanks. Keep looking - the right pair will find you ;-) 

Hiya all.

Today being nice and chilly, I decided to borrow my wife's flat Nine West knee high leather boots - with fluffy "sheep skinned" lining. We bought them a couple of years ago from a Nine West outlet that opened near us for a short while. They had much more exciting boots (heeled!), but these were the ones that fit... and my wife liked them! They are a size 10M, and are very comfortable fit. Reeeeeealllly cosy to wear. I can see why my wife likes them so much. 

They have an interesting outside zip, which I'm debating whether its more user-friendly or not... not that I have a choice though ;-) 
The leather is really soft and luxurious, very well made. Almost makes up for them being flat heeled 
Cant imagine what these must have cost at full price. 

IMG_20191210_082133 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082111 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082155 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082046 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I’m a big fan of flat knee boots and have several pair which I wear regularly. Love the look and style and warmer feet, ankles and calves in winter

Yup, agreed - thanks!! My toes often get cold, wonder if wearing boots like this more often would help. 

Hope all's well by you?

On 12/10/2019 at 2:06 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Yup, agreed - thanks!! My toes often get cold, wonder if wearing boots like this more often would help. 

Hope all's well by you?

They certainly are several steps up from Uggs! I can't help you about the cold feet. It is quite strange, but I find as I get older, my feet don't get cold like they used to, which is the opposite of what everybody said would happen. Don't get me wrong, I can still manage to freeze my feet right off if it's really, really cold and I have to stand in one spot for an extended period of time, but it's not like it used to be. If only the rest of me would stay relatively warm, maybe I wouldn't dislike winter so much.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:57 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Hiya all.

Today being nice and chilly, I decided to borrow my wife's flat Nine West knee high leather boots - with fluffy "sheep skinned" lining. We bought them a couple of years ago from a Nine West outlet that opened near us for a short while. They had much more exciting boots (heeled!), but these were the ones that fit... and my wife liked them! They are a size 10M, and are very comfortable fit. Reeeeeealllly cosy to wear. I can see why my wife likes them so much. 

They have an interesting outside zip, which I'm debating whether its more user-friendly or not... not that I have a choice though ;-) 
The leather is really soft and luxurious, very well made. Almost makes up for them being flat heeled 
Cant imagine what these must have cost at full price. 

IMG_20191210_082133 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082111 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082155 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191210_082046 - Copy.jpg

They’re really nice to be fair, quite like the outside zip for a change, i too have a couple of pairs of flat boots, comfy and practical, would rather wear heels but sometimes you just need a pair of flats 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maninboots said:

They’re really nice to be fair, quite like the outside zip for a change, i too have a couple of pairs of flat boots, comfy and practical, would rather wear heels but sometimes you just need a pair of flats 

A voice of reason in the crowd :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day working from home... and today I selected another pair of ASOS flat boots, this time my own - knee high, slouch style, that I have had for a year or 2. They are a size UK 9, but a little on the narrow side. Bit of a squeeze to put them on, but once on, feel great. The (faux) suede is delicious - so soft to the touch, and a very comfortable lining too. A low heel of 1-1.5", that make a nice clip-clop noise as I walk. The slouch style doesn't allow them to be hidden inside pants... so over it is! 

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-capital-slouch-knee-boots/prd/8039772?ctaRef=my orders

IMG_20191212_103900 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191212_103919 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191212_103943 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191212_103847 - Copy.jpg

Read about when my wife wanted to wear these: https://hhplace.org/topic/24422-jeremys-heel-stories-pictures-thoughts/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-395823

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 5

Working late tonight, all is quiet - time for some enjoyable boot wearing as I catch up a little. Chose my knee high wedge boots, from Public Desire. They were a great buy - one of my first pairs in fact, at only £10 on sale. Somehow, that might have been the only pair of boots (or heels in general) from them I actually have ever liked... most of their stuff seems too "out there" for my liking. I guess directed at the youngsters these days who don't know how to appreciate good classic looking boots :D 

The wedge heel is about 3.5" - a great comfy height. A nice modest thump as I walk around making myself a nice cuppa tea. The heel is a slender style, what @Cali would call stiletto wedges. The faux suede is so soft - really lovely to wear, but these are not for the coldest weather, as the shaft has no lining, and is quite thin.

IMG_20191217_011527 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191217_011707 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191217_011607 - Copy.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Working late tonight, all is quiet - time for some enjoyable boot wearing as I catch up a little. Chose my knee high wedge boots, from Public Desire. They were a great buy - one of my first pairs in fact, at only £10 on sale. Somehow, that might have been the only pair of boots (or heels in general) from them I actually have ever liked... most of their stuff seems too "out there" for my liking. I guess directed at the youngsters these days who don't know how to appreciate good classic looking boots :D 

The wedge heel is about 3.5" - a great comfy height. A nice modest thump as I walk around making myself a nice cuppa tea. The heel is a slender style, what @Cali would call stiletto wedges. The faux suede is so soft - really lovely to wear, but these are not for the coldest weather, as the shaft has no lining, and is quite thin.

IMG_20191217_011527 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191217_011707 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20191217_011607 - Copy.jpg

Very nice boots mate and great you can find the time at work to enjoy them, did you make your journey home in them too?

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted these before, so no big revelations, but just wanted to share.

My Fioni ankle boots with skinny jeans. They are SUCH a great fit (Size 11 US) and really comfortable. 4.5" heel with a small platform. I could wear these for hours, and I really like their look. 

Wearing skinny jeans (which may not be as super skinny as some of you wear) really seems to encourage wearing heels and boots with them! Is that just me??

IMG_20200106_091809 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200106_091752 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200106_091726 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200106_091715 - Copy.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

If you try walking like that with a stilletto boot on one foot and a loafer on the other it will be very uncomfortable:)

Do it in public and people will, reasonably, think you're crazy:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

This morning's deliberation....

Your thoughts?

IMG_20200120_100121 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200120_100106 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200120_100146 - Copy.jpg

Don’t think there’s much to deliberate there mate, i think you know which one I’d go for, wouldn’t mind a day’s shopping in those black boots 

9 hours ago, bailey said:

Really?..lol. With those great stiletto boots I am sure it did take much deliberating. Enjoy your morning!

hehe - so true!  Hope all's well, enjoy yours too (afternoon I guess, by now?)

8 hours ago, at9 said:

If you try walking like that with a stilletto boot on one foot and a loafer on the other it will be very uncomfortable:)

Do it in public and people will, reasonably, think you're crazy:)

:-)

8 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeremy, that's not how you do Perfectly MisMatch. Since you didn't say what you need to do today, use the runners to mow your lawn and the stilettos to go dancing.

hehe - I like your thinking!

6 hours ago, maninboots said:

Don’t think there’s much to deliberate there mate, i think you know which one I’d go for, wouldn’t mind a day’s shopping in those black boots 

Agreed... and I think you know which one I chose too!

• Like 1