Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

found these in your size on amazon....

Steve Madden Daisy  30 - 100 NZD - so half of that in Pounds. good quality - not high but a great staple heel. Goes with heaps and works as a great nude alternative too!

Capture23.JPG.fc3a867f8633944b9c8635cffa254911.JPG

oh and I found these too.

Riverberry Lucy in Sz9 - NZD 19 - 39 - so again half that in pounds.

Capture223.JPG.36212df25af55ef7e6c59c7960fa2e4b.JPG

what do you reckon ?

10 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

found these in your size on amazon....

what do you reckon ?

wow - those metallic ones are quite something!!!  Not sure if I like the color though...

The sling backs are very sexy, esp being red!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all.

So today  I'm working from home (I have an office just up the road), and due to the lovely (cold!) weather, decided to choose some boots. My wife is home, and I haven't heeled in front of her for many months, due to the tension at home. So I thought i'd ask if she minds, first. I also made a decision to select flat boots, and not heels, to not put her out further. I was debating whether to ask her or not - on the one hand, I know it bothers her a little (lot?) and I want to be considerate,  but on the other hand, its my right, and maybe if I just do as I see fit, she will learn to accept it.  I chose the former, but not sure if that's the best strategy for further development... but who knows, maybe the more delicate approach will be the one that MIGHT bring progress (if there will be any at all).  anyway - she said she prefers not, but its my choice and I can make the decision. I said that my decision is to be considerate to her. in the end,  I told her I will wear the, but when she is around home (she is resting now, and then running out for errands), I'll take them off. She seemed to appreciate that, though who knows if that will work against me in the end...?

Anyway - back to the boots!

I choose my new ASOS CAPITAL slouch boots, which I have only briefly tried on. here is a link to them: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-capital-slouch-knee-boots/prd/8586840?CTARef=Saved Items Image

and here is the pic (not on me!)

https://images.asos-media.com/products/asos-capital-slouch-knee-boots/8039772-1-black?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

They are actually a bit of a squeeze to get on (despite being a 9 UK which should be great), especially with the thicker socks I am wearing today, but once on they feel really good  - the feeling of them wrapping my feet is great! The shaft has a bit of padding in it so that adds some snug-ness too. Being slouch boots, they don't fit easily inside my pants, so for now I am wearing them above which is a nice feeling. We are supposed to get a delivery a little later, was considering wearing them then still, but probably not if they are above my pants (yes, I know a lot of you would not think twice... but I' not there yet!).

Thanks for reading - have a great day all!

• Like 2

With jeans, especially dark jeans, I can’t imagine there being any issue. It is not a weird look at all, or feminine in any way, or even terribly bohemian.

I am at present wearing heavy grey suede OTK boots (no heels) over skinny jeans as I very often do and nobody notices - because there’s really nothing to notice. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

With jeans, especially dark jeans, I can’t imagine there being any issue. It is not a weird look at all, or feminine in any way, or even terribly bohemian.

I am at present wearing heavy grey suede OTK boots (no heels) over skinny jeans as I very often do and nobody notices - because there’s really nothing to notice. 

Sounds like our boots are similar, just that yours are a heavier material. I'll think about leaving them on for the delivery.

• Like 1

Mine are a pull-on style, quite nice heavy suede. That’s the only thing that keeps me from wearing this particular pair even more than I do - worrying about rainy weather and spoiling the lovely suede. 

Believe me, it’s no big deal wearing tall flat boots.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Mine are a pull-on style, quite nice heavy suede. That’s the only thing that keeps me from wearing this particular pair even more than I do - worrying about rainy weather and spoiling the lovely suede. 

Believe me, it’s no big deal wearing tall flat boots.

So you're right. The only thing is the loud-ish and hollow click-clock of women's boots.

So I decided to leave them on -  they came - nothing said and maybe just one quick puzzled look. 

Edited by jeremy1986

I doubt they noticed or gave any thought to anything at all. I wear tall boots all the time and, honestly, as far as any reactions go, it is no different than wearing hiking boots, trainers, whatever. I could see if I was wearing OTK stiletto boots it might attract notice, but low-heeled knee and OTK boots worn tastefully with jeans and a jumper is a completely understated look, blends in and attracts no attention at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I doubt they noticed or gave any thought to anything at all. I wear tall boots all the time and, honestly, as far as any reactions go, it is no different than wearing hiking boots, trainers, whatever. I could see if I was wearing OTK stiletto boots it might attract notice, but low-heeled knee and OTK boots worn tastefully with jeans and a jumper is a completely understated look, blends in and attracts no attention at all.

You’re totally right, although to be honest i wear the heeled variety also over jeans and with a tasteful outfit it still goes unnoticed, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maninboots said:

You’re totally right, although to be honest i wear the heeled variety also over jeans and with a tasteful outfit it still goes unnoticed, 

I don’t doubt it for a second. 

I suspect that many of the people who find themselves “noticed” are dressed in a manner that would attract attention no matter what they wore on their feet. 

5 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Very possible. Am quite proud that I took this little "step" forward today!

And so you should be, every step forward is progress no matter how big or small, won’t be long before you’re stepping out in boots and heels without a second thought mate 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maninboots said:

And so you should be, every step forward is progress no matter how big or small, won’t be long before you’re stepping out in boots and heels without a second thought mate 

Thanks for the encouragement - one step at a time ;-) 

• Like 1

Just bought the Steve Madden Daisy in Rose Gold yesterday.  

I found them at Macy's Back Stage Dept. for $30.

I usually can get into a size US 9 but had to get 10s.  Still tight as hell, but really SHARP LOOKING.  

They look good with both dark and faded jeans.

I'm lucky jeremy1986. i have no wife or girlfriend. and I won't have any in the near future. best decision i ever made at 24. all I'm doing now is trying to move out of my parents home and then buy expensive designer shoes and boots with 5inch heels to go out in. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for you jeremy1986 as much as i'm nearly there at the end.

21 hours ago, Rick24 said:

I'm lucky jeremy1986. i have no wife or girlfriend. and I won't have any in the near future. best decision i ever made at 24. all I'm doing now is trying to move out of my parents home and then buy expensive designer shoes and boots with 5inch heels to go out in. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for you jeremy1986 as much as i'm nearly there at the end.

Thanks Rick. Though I don't see myself in a tunnel. At least not in terms of heeling anyway. 

Moving out of your parents place at your age - now that's light at the end of the tunnel ;-)

Hi All,

Small anecdotal story for today. on Friday night we were invited to some friends up the road, we walked because its literally around the block. But being cold - she wanted to wear some boots. She often says that she doesn't feel the cold, and somewhat suffers in the summer, easily feeling the heat. I think it must be due to her being somewhat overweight :( 

anyway (and related to the styling conversation in the other thread) - she had on a black dress and orange/chestnut colored jersey wrap, so I suggested she take her brown flat OTK boots we bought last year (see here: https://hhplace.org/gallery/image/9046-asos-keep-up-otk-boots/ ), but she said that they don't stay up. In fact, a few weeks ago she said she is considering selling them or giving them away and asked if I want her to hold on to them (to which I answered YES!).   She then asked if she could wear those new flat boots I just bought from ASOS, and I said of course! Its a kind of dream of mine that we share shoes … and wish we could do it more. I told her where she can find them (in my cupboard!) and she went to take them. I wasn't there at the time, as I stepped out the room, but when I came in, she said that they didn't fit! I said yes, they have this weird thing at the back of it that seems hard to get past (they have a partial zip only), but once past that, they feel nice and snug.... but she said she got past that, and the toes felt crunched!  This is the pair again  - https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-capital-slouch-knee-boots/prd/8586840?CTARef=Saved Items Image  (still got to snap some pics of me in them!). I was quite disappointed she couldn't wear them, and told her so. Just thinking about it now, she usually wears thick socks with her boots, not hose or tights, so that might have been why. amybe will suggest to her, but double she'll try again. pity. Anyway - she then proceeded to select her kitten heel pull-on boots  (see here: https://hhplace.org/topic/24422-jeremys-heel-stories-pictures-thoughts/?tab=comments#comment-371454 ) , which are a good choice because they have a heel! And quite cute as well. We then walked up had a good time (though complained that she was hot with the boots inside their place!) and came home. 

Today, being a freezing day, she is wearing her "sheep skinned" lined nine west boots we got from some outlet place - a great selection always. I'm at my out-of-home office now, unbooted... but considering my options for later on ;-)

• Like 2

So today I decided to work from my home, and had in advanced planned to wear some interesting footwear  …    MY wife is around, so I don't want to make her uncomfortable, so selected my flat, black OTK boots we bought last year. Their heels is probably 1" and underneath trousers can hardly be seen as OTK boots obviously. Even when walking, they can probably pass as having the noise of mens shoes. 

Last night by the way, while working with a sleeping household, I selected my 4" brown boots from Payless - they are SOOOOO comfortable! 

large.32507926570_606504ecc2_k.jpg.9844790130e4823daf28027bd7875802.jpg

So here they are. My wife saw them lying by my bed before as I was getting dressed, didn't say anything (yet).

IMG_20190107_112447.jpg

large.IMG_20190107_112459.jpg.a62cee3866d8c06d2f67aa8ebbbc6b4a.jpg

large.IMG_20190107_111820.jpg.5107aa80158633642ef85dc6d713533b.jpg

large.IMG_20190107_111746.jpg.90c55f593bac10a27ac4b20e0e28394c.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986

37 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Nobody would ever notice those boots you have on. Not at all. 

Thanks! @Peter1 made the same comment - and I agree.  My wife asked me to run an errand for her, seen as she wasn't feeling well. I agreed, and asked half jokingly if I can leave the boots on. she looked down and contemplated a bit, and then said "lets see from the side" (already thought of that - see image above :) ) and then said "yes, they can probably pass, you just look a little French!" One of the stops was at one of the kids schools, and she said if not for that stop (and just going to buy some groceries and making another drop-off), then it would probably be fine. 

I agreed, as you said above - they really are a non issue. In the end I took them off (you'll probably all tell me off for doing that!! :D but I wasn't ready, and didn't want any looks at the school - I'm not at the @TKHeels level yet!! ), and then put them back on when I got home, we had lunch together etc... 

at the very least - it was a seed planted for the future. 

• Like 1

Honestly, nobody would have noticed a thing. You're aware of it because you're feeling self-conscious, but none of the people you meet would have noticed. They're not  going around like drill sergeants on inspection, looking for unpolished buttons and blemishes on what are meant to be spit-shined shoes. They're off in their own bubbles. 

• Like 2

Exactly. Don't over think this. I have a pair of RM Williams boots - very masculine, quintessential outback Australian boots (now popular in cities, of course) that would look essentially no different to that.  One can go into the men's section of any shoe shop and find any number of boots of similar appearance. You can be damned sure that none of the men who buy them are going around with their hearts in their mouths...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1