My First Pair

Alphiks

I started experimenting with my mother's boots when I was 13-14 years old and by last year I would put on my favourite pair (orange suede ankle boots with a 10 cm chunky heel) almost every time I was home alone. Unfortunately my parents separated earlier this year and my mum took all of her shoes to her new home. However, my love for high heels didn't go with her.

I had been fascinated by super high heels (around 15 cm (6 inches)) for almost 2 years, looking at them around online shops and fantasising about wearing them, wondering what it was like. About a month ago I decided to go to my local shopping centre to look for a pair of shoes, but left empty handed. I went there again a few days later and bought my first pair. 

The heel is 15.5 cm high with a 5.5 cm hidden platform, so it feels like walking on a 10 cm heel, the only difference from what I was used to before is the slim stiletto, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

I was a bit sceptical about the laces at first, but with a little bit of time, I've come to absolutely love what they add to the shoes, though lately I've just been keeping them laced up, only using the zipper when putting them on and off.

I'd like to know what you all think about the booties, and if you've got any further questions, feel free to ask!

Aleks

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

Edited by Alphiks
Formatting
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

They looks really nice, Aleks. Well done on buying your first pair!

They look like quite a small size - what size are you? 

And yes - totally use the zip only!!

Thanks, Jeremy. Interestingly enough, I said they were going to be a present for my sister. The store clerk didn't suspect a thing.

I wear size 42 in my daily shoes, but there's enough space to where I could wear size 41. These ones are size 40, the biggest they had available. They're just big enough to the point I can wear them with little to no problems, especially if I'm just lounging about in my chair. I will admit that they were quite tight the first few days, but they've stretched to fit my feet, so it's all good!

I'll keep that in mind, haha.

• Like 1

Ok, so we are similar in size - I can also vary from a 41 up to 43, depending on the heel and fit, and width too (40 would probably be too small!).

Ah yes - the old 'for my sister' line :cheeky:   hope the guys here don't rib you for that one!!

• Like 1

No rubbing intended, but the clerk knew exactly who they were for. Who buys heels for his sister?

Anyway have fun and next time just buy them. You are not fooling anyone and at least this way you won't be a laugh later on among employees of the store.

• Like 1

It's not a big store actually, there's only one employee working there at a time. In addition, they only have this one particular style that I'm interested in at the moment, so I probably won't be going there again for a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alphiks said:

Thanks, Jeremy. Interestingly enough, I said they were going to be a present for my sister. The store clerk didn't suspect a thing.

More likely the clerk did not care! 

Don't bother to make excuses, just buy them and offer no explanation. The clerks either don't care, or they know and don't care. 

• Like 1

Hi Aleks,

Good job!

You are young enough to carry those off easily.  Wish I could.

As far as making excuses, don't worry about it just buy them.

I was in retail most of my life,  52  years to be exact.,  35 of those years in the Bridal Industry.  We not only sold bridal but also evening gowns and accessories.  We had many male customers.   Our philosophy was -  make the customer comfortable, to feel at home,  get them what they wanted,  help them look their very best and make

NO JUDGEMENTS!

So as far as the sales staff,  they probably just want to sell the merchandise.

WalkingTall

Edited by walkingtall
  • Like 2