My first designer pumps

hernaezjames

Just sharing my new pumps from kate spade. This is my first designer heels and I am really amazed with the quality of material and craftmanship of the shoes. Is the leather really this hard for designer pumps? I have it on correct size and fits perfect but it does not feel comfortable as I can feel the hardness of the leather. Seems that it needs a lot of break in and stretching to have shape to my foot. 

IMG_20171107_225840.jpg

IMG_20171107_225813.jpg

IMG_20171107_224105.jpg

IMG_20171107_224135.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Wow - they look amazing on you - Enjoy them!

Thanks jeremy1986

I am a bit confuse on whether it look good on me or not. The shoes has a nice shape overall, its just that something is a bit off for me. Maybe its the heart metal piece? Im not use to any adornment on top of my pumps but I guess ill get use to it. 

4 hours ago, hernaezjames said:

Thanks jeremy1986

I am a bit confuse on whether it look good on me or not. The shoes has a nice shape overall, its just that something is a bit off for me. Maybe its the heart metal piece? Im not use to any adornment on top of my pumps but I guess ill get use to it. 

Yeah, not sure if I would have chosen with the heart on it - but its cute. you'll enjoy them once you wear them in. 

I think the heart is adorable. The whole point of a classic pump is that you can adorn it with some details, and the toe is the perfect place for ornamentation.

I hope you will find them comfortable with time.

I'm not sure how often you wear pumps, but a good quality pump should fit snugly and firmly, but it shouldn't pinch you. When you say you can feel the hardness of the leather I'm guessing you refer to the toe and flex area around your toes? You do have a pointed pump, and it has a nice lower cut vamp with toe cleavage so you will experience tightness across your toes, which will soften, but should be avoided with a narrow toe pump like this. I wear pumps all the time, always have and am careful choosing my pumps be ause when shopping our feet do change size during the day etc, and the fit of a pump is important.

I don't own any Kate Spade brand heels, haven't seen them around in stores here, but I know of their quality, and I imagine they will soften up with wearing. Just wear them around home for a bit before wearing them out on short errands, then take them out for longer spins. Thats what I'd do.

Its a lovely classical shoe, I think it looks great on you. You're doing the right thing - let your ankles show with this pump because it looks so good, even a bit more leg if you're up to it.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even I, who can't wear pumps or rather haven't found a pump that fit, admire your stiletto pump advise NZfreestyler. My foot pads are just too thick for pumps.

Edited by Cali

Beach, then barefooted most of the time around my pool. My Reflexlogist says I have the larges pads she has ever seen, its can't be taken care of by the methods you suggested, it live foot material. My foot has been thick since I can remember. Toe straps like to cut into my tendons so I used some of the high density foam that comes with some shoes cut it into crescent moon shapes for padding at the edge with some of my heels. Like the bamboos below.

bamboo perforated t-strap platform 01.jpg

• Like 1

Too kind.

High heels are who I am - I honestly don't like being seen without a pair on my feet. I especially don't like wearing heels that are below par, especially when other high heels are present. Sounds petty but I love wearing heels and showing some leg with it.... I like to have the best legs & heels wherever I go, if not then  close 2nd best will do, and when I get beaten I strive to do better next time!

If I can help others (likely in a more subdued way) then I'm glad to be able to. A little of my extravagant behaviours might rub off in a good way perhaps?

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 7:12 AM, nzfreestyler said:

I think the heart is adorable. The whole point of a classic pump is that you can adorn it with some details, and the toe is the perfect place for ornamentation.

I hope you will find them comfortable with time.

I'm not sure how often you wear pumps, but a good quality pump should fit snugly and firmly, but it shouldn't pinch you. When you say you can feel the hardness of the leather I'm guessing you refer to the toe and flex area around your toes? You do have a pointed pump, and it has a nice lower cut vamp with toe cleavage so you will experience tightness across your toes, which will soften, but should be avoided with a narrow toe pump like this. I wear pumps all the time, always have and am careful choosing my pumps be ause when shopping our feet do change size during the day etc, and the fit of a pump is important.

The heart accent is cute indeed, i guess ill get use to it in time. 

The lenght of the pumps is just right for a snug fit when my feet is at their biggest during the day. You are right, i was referring to the toe box area as they seem to be pinch my pinky toe (the reason why i find the leather so hard) a bit both left and right foot. I have a narrow feet and these pumps are on the narrow fitting. Will try to wear them around at home to get the pumps shape of my foot coz if not, I take it to a cobbler to have it stretched.

11 hours ago, hhboots said:

Nice pumps, not sure I would have gone with the heart, but then I tend to prefer a more basic look in my shoes, otherwise, they really look nice on you

Thanks hhboots. 

I am use to plain basic pumps too. I accidentally found these kate spade pumps at a very low price which I find it adorable and hard to just let it pass so i have to purchase it. Maybe Ill get the hang of it in time. 

On 20/11/2017 at 4:37 PM, hernaezjames said:

Thanks jeremy1986

They are fantastic, and you look great in them. I love the heart detail as well. I now want some. Please share the style name so I can search for some :)

On 11/21/2017 at 7:59 PM, nzfreestyler said:

Too kind.

High heels are who I am - I honestly don't like being seen without a pair on my feet. I especially don't like wearing heels that are below par, especially when other high heels are present. Sounds petty but I love wearing heels and showing some leg with it.... I like to have the best legs & heels wherever I go, if not then  close 2nd best will do, and when I get beaten I strive to do better next time!

If I can help others (likely in a more subdued way) then I'm glad to be able to. A little of my extravagant behaviours might rub off in a good way perhaps?

Now THAT'S a fantastic mindset to have when it comes to high heels! And it's a behavior I fully endorse! I also believe I have the right kind of legs that makes heels and short skirts pop when I wear them.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:37 AM, hernaezjames said:

Thanks JeffB. Would you wear the same style if you own one?

Yeah, I think I would. Those shoes are certainly sharp!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

10 hours ago, Histiletto said:

Good choice hernaezjames,

These Lava Heart Pumps are really nice looking.

If I'm not mistaken, the Kate Spade "Licorice" Pump is the basic style of these high heels with the heart emblem applied. 

KateSpade-3634766_fpx.thumb.jpg.7c916a852d49f9d52faa44f34bbe990d.jpg

Yeah, they are really the same pumps as I had them side by side to compare. Just so happened that the lava heart was on a huge price off so its the one i got.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:59 PM, nzfreestyler said:

Sounds petty but I love wearing heels and showing some leg with it.... I like to have the best legs & heels wherever I go, if not then  close 2nd best will do, and when I get beaten I strive to do better next time!

I understand this and feel the same way. If I'm going to wear heels and have colored nails in public then they need to be among the best, if not the best.

I had over ten random compliments on my nails and heels this week along.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 2:13 AM, hernaezjames said:

Just sharing my new pumps from kate spade. This is my first designer heels and I am really amazed with the quality of material and craftmanship of the shoes. Is the leather really this hard for designer pumps? I have it on correct size and fits perfect but it does not feel comfortable as I can feel the hardness of the leather. Seems that it needs a lot of break in and stretching to have shape to my foot. 

IMG_20171107_225840.jpg

IMG_20171107_225813.jpg

IMG_20171107_224105.jpg

IMG_20171107_224135.jpg

HOTT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...