KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

2 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

At the end of it all, it felt amazing to have worn a significant pair of heels like that to church and have nothing bad happen.

No lighting bolts in the middle of service????????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

Nice story....   I have worn heels to church and have gotten similar reactions.  Folks notice but don't seem to really care.  If / when the topic comes up I just tell them that I enjoy wearing heels.  Simple....  

Good for you, have fun.....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Great job HH!  You survived even though your boots were a hot topic among the congregation.  Don't be too bothered that no one really came right out and mentioned/discussed/complimented your boots.  Folks notice, and certainly have an opinion, but probably feel it is rude to bring it up in your company.  But, I'm sure they were talking it up amongst themselves....And, it seems as though most of the reactions were positive indeed...

You must feel great, I am so envious...

So I plan to be in the San Francisco pride parade again this year for work. Last year I wore my shiny silver Converse wedges.

This year, I decided I need to wear these wedges from Shoe Bakery, but can’t justify spending $325 for a pair of shoes I’ll wear possibly only once.

What would you do?

AA08EC25-5D8B-4AFA-9060-83CF059FC6C9.jpeg

Luckily, it's not for another two months, which gives you time to figure your shoe stuff out. Hopefully by that time, we'll figure how this Covid 19 thing is going to play out, and they'll quit cancelling stuff. If not, you probably won't have to worry about your shoes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Well we are dealing with Shelter in Place here in the Bay Area which means stay home unless you’re essential for work or have a darn good reason to go out.

Aside from that, I took a couple of days off so that we could work on potty training our son.

This extra time leads me to start shopping online...

So in an effort to find some more shirts, I went back to browsing the Target app and found some t-shirts that were Target’s in-house brand called A New Day. They were on sale for $5 so I figured what the heck.

As a trial though, I only ordered black. The fit seems a little tight but good. I think the next size up would’ve been a bad fit.

I put together with it my skinny jeans from American Eagle and Nine West knee high boots.

I don't think that t-shirt is too tight right now. After it's been through the wash a few times, it might possibly be. I would personally send that thing through the washer and dryer several times before ordering a boatload of t-shirts in that size.

I just looked at the Target website, and wow, there are so many choices as to fit, neck, &c. Which particular flavor is the t-shirt you are wearing? I notice right away that the sleeves are somewhat longer than what you often get with a woman's sized t-shirt. Crew neck, obviously. I am getting to the point where a lot of the t-shirts I bought several years ago (and I bought a ton of 'em in many colors) are getting raggedy enough that they've become work shirts. However, the t-shirts you can now get at Walmart, where I've gotten mine for the past several years, have gotten so incredibly low-quality and thin and not 100% cotton anymore. So I'm looking for another source.

At the same time, I'm trying to do something to get out of the jeans and t-shirt rut that I find myself in when the weather gets too warm to wear long sleeves. I just don't know what to do, t-shirts and jeans (or shorts) are so easy and unisex. I guess I could probably count days in the hundreds when I have been out dressed exactly as you are in this photo. Well, except for the boots. If it's warm enough to wear just a t-shirt.  .  . I don't even have to say it, do I? HA!

@mlroseplant I usually look for t-shirts at Old Navy because they routinely go on sale for $6/each. But I never buy women’s shirts from there because to buy a size to fit my chest area, the bottom of the shirt is too wide. I.E. they don’t make slim fit shirts.

https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s-slim-fit-short-sleeve-crewneck-fitted-t-shirt-a-new-day-8482-black-l/-/A-77863726

That is the link to the shirt I bought. Yes I get crew neck because to me the v-neck on most women’s shirts comes too low. 

I used to try and avoid the basic t-shirt look for warm weather, but lately I’ve been finding that I prefer short sleeves to long sleeves. If you have any suggestions for ideas to look at, I’ll glad welcome them!

15 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

@mlroseplant I usually look for t-shirts at Old Navy because they routinely go on sale for $6/each. But I never buy women’s shirts from there because to buy a size to fit my chest area, the bottom of the shirt is too wide. I.E. they don’t make slim fit shirts.

https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s-slim-fit-short-sleeve-crewneck-fitted-t-shirt-a-new-day-8482-black-l/-/A-77863726

That is the link to the shirt I bought. Yes I get crew neck because to me the v-neck on most women’s shirts comes too low. 

I used to try and avoid the basic t-shirt look for warm weather, but lately I’ve been finding that I prefer short sleeves to long sleeves. If you have any suggestions for ideas to look at, I’ll glad welcome them!

Wow, that model is cute! I'd buy that shirt based upon her alone. I'm only about 80% kidding, I'm kind of stupid that way sometimes. It's hard to come up with anything interesting to wear in warm weather for us guys. There is plenty of stuff, but even I may not want to push the envelope that far. A V-neck t-shirt, like you say, is hard to pull off unless you shave or are naturally hairless. Anything scoop neck or boat neck has the same problem. We can't really do tank tops because it always winds up looking low class on a guy. There's a reason they call 'em "wife beaters." We can't do strapless anything, we can't wear crop tops. Maybe a tunic? Been thinking about it, but it will probably wind up looking odd. Beyond that, you're into sundresses and such, and that's a whole different ballpark. So yeah, we're back to your basic cotton t-shirt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Wow, that model is cute! I'd buy that shirt based upon her alone. I'm only about 80% kidding, I'm kind of stupid that way sometimes. It's hard to come up with anything interesting to wear in warm weather for us guys. There is plenty of stuff, but even I may not want to push the envelope that far. A V-neck t-shirt, like you say, is hard to pull off unless you shave or are naturally hairless. Anything scoop neck or boat neck has the same problem. We can't really do tank tops because it always winds up looking low class on a guy. There's a reason they call 'em "wife beaters." We can't do strapless anything, we can't wear crop tops. Maybe a tunic? Been thinking about it, but it will probably wind up looking odd. Beyond that, you're into sundresses and such, and that's a whole different ballpark. So yeah, we're back to your basic cotton t-shirt.

There is always the option of layering.  I know it will be hot and layering seems counter intuitive but if the pieces are light it can be way more interesting than wearing a t-shirt.  Something like what I tried here, but with lighter summer pieces underneath:

I wouldn't rule out tank tops and crop tops.  The more progressive fashion outlets have some pretty cool sleeveless pieces now, like this

https://www.differio.com/sleeveless-denim-jumpsuit.html

And crop tops are trending for men:  

https://www.today.com/style/crop-tops-men-asos-selling-them-people-are-confused-t155200

• Like 3

19 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

There is always the option of layering.  I know it will be hot and layering seems counter intuitive but if the pieces are light it can be way more interesting than wearing a t-shirt.  Something like what I tried here, but with lighter summer pieces underneath:

I wouldn't rule out tank tops and crop tops.  The more progressive fashion outlets have some pretty cool sleeveless pieces now, like this

https://www.differio.com/sleeveless-denim-jumpsuit.html

And crop tops are trending for men:  

https://www.today.com/style/crop-tops-men-asos-selling-them-people-are-confused-t155200

I agree, it's a more interesting look than t-shirt and jeans, and it's probably more functional as well, from a sun exposure standpoint. Believe me, if I have to spend entire days out in the sun, either working construction or mowing lawns, my look is not too far off what you have modeled here, minus the heels and the apron, and plus a face mask or bandana and gloves. I even have a hat somewhat similar to that, although mine is much more clearly an "Amish style" hat.

However, I was simply lamenting the fact that women are allowed to show more skin in more venues without anybody thinking anything of it. Shirtless dudes aside (and outside of a beach or swimming pool, where have you ever seen a shirtless dude who looked classy?), women can get by with so much, either in a formal situation or a casual one. And they don't necessarily have to be super fit, either! It's helpful, but not necessary.

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

I like both those styles pictured in the attachments, but couldn't pull off either of them....I still like Kneebooted's basic black oufit.   

See, I could pull off either of those styles with very little effort, I just don't want to. On the first link, it looks like the dude wants to f@#* somebody up real bad. I do not care to project that image. The second link shows items that are simply too extreme, especially the second image, the long sleeved crop top. Actually, it's not a crop top. It's a long-sleeved t-shirt that is missing the "shirt" part of it. Might as well just wear welding sleeves with no shirt, then you're back to looking low-class, only with weirdness. And there's no way I'd get my nipples pierced. I don't even like anybody touching my nipples, much less somebody putting holes in them. If I were going to wear crop tops all the time, I'd get my belly button pierced, because I like the look. Why should it be for girls only?

On the good side, if you hunt around the comments on the second link, there are some images to be found where I think I might be able to get away with wearing some crop tops. The image I posted is something I could possibly see me wearing, IF I were willing to do a LOT of shaving. Let's ignore the model's cargo pants, which are horrible, but otherwise this guy looks pretty normal like me, no wild, radical hair, no extreme tattoos, no badass pretensions, at least as he is presented in this ad.

In the end, I'll probably still go with @KneeBooted's t-shirt and jeans. Or shorts. As if shorts and high heels isn't radical enough. :giggle: That other stuff might be interesting for now and then, but probably not for every day.

CropTop.png

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

However, I was simply lamenting the fact that women are allowed to show more skin in more venues without anybody thinking anything of it. Shirtless dudes aside (and outside of a beach or swimming pool, where have you ever seen a shirtless dude who looked classy?), women can get by with so much, either in a formal situation or a casual one. And they don't necessarily have to be super fit, either! It's helpful, but not necessary.

I feel your disappointment @mlroseplant.  There are many styles of tops that women wear that men just can't get away with.  So many neck lines, off the shoulder looks, etc.  I love sleeveless turtle necks, I now have at least 12 in different colors and some in bodysuits versions.  Would like to wear my cami's at times, specially when it is very hot outside, but I keep them layered below other clothes.  The art here is to find ways to integrate these styles into your everyday look.

• Like 2

The trouble is all you have now is on-line shopping. I like to touch and try things on first. However, I have been taken advantage of some of the special offers from Express, DSW, .....

Just remember to quarantine the packages (outside the house) for a few days after you have spray the outside. Then open them up.

Don't be afraid to try new looks things, you can always return things (except clearance items).  I went out to get something today and got compliments on my sherpa. Both women and men love AND want it themselves.  It was a new look for me. last fall, I took a gamble and bought it and it has turned out great. And faux leather pants were another gamble. One fits great, the other just alright. Unfortunately the one that is just alright was a clearance buy, no return.

12 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

With all of this time off I think I may get a few items to try some different looks although I only have khakis and jeans for bottoms. I’ll try to post what I find and will welcome feedback

That's really all I have as well, so let us know if you find something that you really like. I did experiment some while the wife was away n VN, but the reaction was so negative when she got back that I haven't worn hardly any of it since, and now it's getting to where I won't have to worry about it until next winter anyway.

11 hours ago, Cali said:

The trouble is all you have now is on-line shopping. I like to touch and try things on first. However, I have been taken advantage of some of the special offers from Express, DSW, .....

Just remember to quarantine the packages (outside the house) for a few days after you have spray the outside. Then open them up.

Don't be afraid to try new looks things, you can always return things (except clearance items).  I went out to get something today and got compliments on my sherpa. Both women and men love AND want it themselves.  It was a new look for me. last fall, I took a gamble and bought it and it has turned out great. And faux leather pants were another gamble. One fits great, the other just alright. Unfortunately the one that is just alright was a clearance buy, no return.

I too, like to live.  .  . DANGEROUSLY. Remember the line from Austin Powers? Seriously though, since I order most of my stuff online, I am used to the gamble. I guess it's part of the fun. I have been sorely disappointed sometimes, but really thrilled sometimes as well. I have not kept accurate statistics, like @JeffB would do, but my rough estimate is that 75% of the stuff I buy online works well. Another 10% works OK or is marginal in some way, and the rest either has to be trashed, donated, or resold, depending upon the price range. It's not that I'm afraid to go into a retail store to try stuff on, it's just that I don't really want to. I guess you can say that other than church and work, "Shelter-in-place" is not really a huge lifestyle change for me!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Hey @kneehighs I am still here. Haven’t been active much for many reasons, but I’ve started posting a lot on Instagram.

I probably should do some updates here too

Good to hear!  You've always got a "family" here...

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 5:30 PM, KneeBooted said:

Hey @kneehighs I am still here. Haven’t been active much for many reasons, but I’ve started posting a lot on Instagram.

I probably should do some updates here too

We're way cooler than Insta. Don't wanna hang out with the cool kids anymore? Mmmmm, that's ok.  .  . :penitent:

Edit: @straight.in.heels no longer brings up anything on my Insta. Have you deleted your account?

On 11/15/2020 at 3:52 AM, mlroseplant said:

We're way cooler than Insta. Don't wanna hang out with the cool kids anymore? Mmmmm, that's ok.  .  . :penitent:

Edit: @straight.in.heels no longer brings up anything on my Insta. Have you deleted your account?

@mlroseplant oof I promise you all are still the coolest kids around! I really need to take some time and update here, but some parts I may need to redact based on what I’ve been reading as of late...

as for the Instagram, thanks for pointing that out! I did not delete it, I merely renamed it to jeff.in.heels because I decided my sexuality did not need to be referenced in my user name

On 11/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, RonC said:

I miss your stories and photos as well.  Hope you will post some more here.

I plan to. I’ve so much to update but as I mentioned in my reply to @mlroseplant , I realize that I’ll need to redact some of it to stay in line with recent enforcements.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, KneeBooted said:

@mlroseplant

I plan to. I’ve so much to update but as I mentioned in my reply to @mlroseplant , I realize that I’ll need to redact some of it to stay in line with recent enforcements.

I should think that your need to redact certain images would be very minimal, if even necessary at all. My interpretation of The New Edicts is that we are allowed some experimentation, as long as certain bright lines are not crossed, and that it does not become the main focus of the thread.

• Like 1