KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

After having done some research on this concept of "natural waist," it appears that there is quite a bit of disagreement on it, particularly if one is a shape where it's not necessarily obvious. I must confess to not really paying attention to such things until fairly recently, but I can't ever imagine wearing pants that fall above my belly button. I'd look like Steve Urkel.

Thanks for all of the feedback and discussion! I must say that I do have a pair of “high-waist” jeans that I could try the body suit with, but I admittedly don’t like the look of them on me.

I don’t doubt that natural waist lines differ between men and women, which if I have a higher waist line than normal so be it.

However, comfort plays a big part in this for me as I assume it would most other people. That being said, I’ve never worn anything crazy high waisted and felt comfortable.

For contrast however, two coworkers were curious how it would look with a skirt. I figured no harm in getting another look to it, so I went all black.

Let me know what you all think!

Also, previously someone mentioned that making sure the body suit goes low enough on the sides so that no skin is exposed when wearing the lower rise jeans. I did not think about that originally, so I appreciate that point! I was lucky enough however that the bodysuit sat low enough so no skin was exposed.

E0C4C8C8-6CFE-4213-A538-EB24B64EC168.jpeg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Thanks for all of the feedback and discussion! I must say that I do have a pair of “high-waist” jeans that I could try the body suit with, but I admittedly don’t like the look of them on me.

I don’t doubt that natural waist lines differ between men and women, which if I have a higher waist line than normal so be it.

However, comfort plays a big part in this for me as I assume it would most other people. That being said, I’ve never worn anything crazy high waisted and felt comfortable.

For contrast however, two coworkers were curious how it would look with a skirt. I figured no harm in getting another look to it, so I went all black.

Let me know what you all think!

Also, previously someone mentioned that making sure the body suit goes low enough on the sides so that no skin is exposed when wearing the lower rise jeans. I did not think about that originally, so I appreciate that point! I was lucky enough however that the bodysuit sat low enough so no skin was exposed.

E0C4C8C8-6CFE-4213-A538-EB24B64EC168.jpeg

Looking really good there mate 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I've had a cold for what seems like two weeks now, so I am sorry I haven't really posted in here.

It really is mostly in your head:

These past two weeks since we've been back from visiting family in Kentucky has been filled with all of us getting sick, lol. I think my wife and I are the last ones to go through it in the family, and we're almost over the hurdle, so thank God.

1) Church - I posted previously about wearing some "noticeable" heels to church right before the holiday break, and while some people noticed, no one said anything. So this past Sunday, I decided to do something similar, yet different. My wife and I bought some new Sorel Lexi Wedges for Christmas presents to ourselves, and I was really enjoying wearing them. Now with any of my bootcut jeans and khakis, they aren't all that noticeable unless I am sitting down. So I think I did something similar before with my brown Joan of Arctic wedge boots, which is to wear them instead with skinny jeans, so more of the boot is noticeable. Now I know they are wedges, but people still notice.

Walking in to church, we ran into a couple we had not seen in a while and found out they're expecting. We were excited and continued some conversation before going in to church. The husband took notice of my shoes but said nothing. I am honestly not sure if the wife did? None the less, nothing was said, so awkward looks/sneers/comments, etc.

When church had ended, we were out in the lobby area, and I was holding my daughter while talking to another guy I hadn't seen in a while. While chatting with him, I noticed a couple, I'd venture in their 50s, having a chat and conversation about my shoes, lol. They were pointing, and appeared to be having a serious discussion about them. I caught the wife's eye and we just simply exchanged a smile and continued on.

2) Work - This is where I have been more bold lately, but not yet up to the same level as church. At work, I deal with a group of guys who are the mechanics at our office. I've worked in the mechanic environment, and know what kind of harm it can sometimes cause to someone that doesn't "fit in." So needless to say, I've been a little more conservative with my heeling at work because I am around these guys a lot.

However, seeing as how my wedge boots go relatively unnoticed in my mind, I decided to try wearing them this week for a couple of days under my jeans/khakis.

First off, more people noticed than I originally thought. I only notice this because I am aware, and a people watcher. I tend to pay attention to those around me and see where they're looking, etc. While people seemed to notice, again, no negative comments, weird stares, sneers, jeers, laughs, or anything of a sort that would make me uncomfortable.

I even decided to wear my skinny jeans one day with them to really show them off. That morning, I was walking back to my desk after getting coffee, and this girl kept pace behind me all of the way to the steps. As we got close to the steps, she walked up next to me, and without saying anything, gave me a big smile, looked back down at my shoes, and went ahead of me. I take that as a compliment, and it felt good.

So my experience these past couple of weeks, while I'm not wearing substantially noticeable heels, is that yes people do notice. However, at least in this area of the country, people don't mind or find it odd in the least. However, IF they do, they've apparently been taught well enough to keep their negative remarks to themselves, ha!

• Like 8

On 1/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, KneeBooted said:

1) Church - I posted previously about wearing some "noticeable" heels to church right before the holiday break, and while some people noticed, no one said anything. So this past Sunday, I decided to do something similar, yet different. My wife and I bought some new Sorel Lexi Wedges for Christmas presents to ourselves, and I was really enjoying wearing them. Now with any of my bootcut jeans and khakis, they aren't all that noticeable unless I am sitting down. So I think I did something similar before with my brown Joan of Arctic wedge boots, which is to wear them instead with skinny jeans, so more of the boot is noticeable. Now I know they are wedges, but people still notice.

2) Work - This is where I have been more bold lately, but not yet up to the same level as church. At work, I deal with a group of guys who are the mechanics at our office. I've worked in the mechanic environment, and know what kind of harm it can sometimes cause to someone that doesn't "fit in." So needless to say, I've been a little more conservative with my heeling at work because I am around these guys a lot.

Excellent progress! Especially the work part, as I understand that's a different environment... In any case, do you have a photo of the wedges? Were they your typical black, ~3", thin-in-the-back heels?

1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

Excellent progress! Especially the work part, as I understand that's a different environment... In any case, do you have a photo of the wedges? Were they your typical black, ~3", thin-in-the-back heels?

It was my Sore Lexi wedges. Adding a picture here.

EB57AEF6-0C20-4E22-80C7-26649F86B6F2.jpeg

4 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

It was my Sore Lexi wedges. Adding a picture here.

EB57AEF6-0C20-4E22-80C7-26649F86B6F2.jpeg

Alright... I see. A bit less invisible then the ones I had in mind. I'll have to keep this in mind if/when I try this at my workplace... Cool progress!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

Alright... I see. A bit less invisible then the ones I had in mind. I'll have to keep this in mind if/when I try this at my workplace... Cool progress!

Yeah these aren’t really noticeable at all other than the narrow back. Again, I have no doubt that people noticed, but no one gave a negative reaction

Small update:

This week I again wore my Sorel Lexie wedges with my skinny jeans to really showcase the wedge. I had one coworker ask if my shoes had a heel/wedge to which I replied yes. The conversation progressed and it turns out she loves heels, but always found them painful when she'd try them out. I had a discussion about fit, materials, stretching, etc. to try and let her know that heels do exist that she can wear and enjoy. I told her we could talk more sometime about it and she responded with an excited 'yes.'

That day, some of the mechanics in the shop finally noticed, which for some reason I had been dreading. However, even if they thought it odd, made a joke amongst themselves about it, nothing negative was directed toward me. I was nervous and overthought about their reactions for a bit, but I had work to do, so it subsided. My immediate team, while it's likely they've all finally noticed, still hasn't made any comments/remarks.

On Friday, I sort of tried to push the envelope again and step out of my comfort zone. I've worn my Naturalizer ankle boots to work before, but I usually change out of them before the day really gets going and I have to start moving around, interacting with others. This Friday however, I said the heck with it, I'll try to see how long I can last. I left them on until lunch and during that time, if anyone noticed, no one gave a reaction. After lunch, I slipped them back on, and proceeded through the rest of the day without any inkling of a comment, laugh, awkward glance, etc. I must say that while I had them on the majority/remainder of the day, the office was light on staff as it was winding down, and I didn't cross paths with many people.

Either way, these were small pushes to further get myself into where I want to be, and feel most like myself.

As an aside, I had passed 300 followers on Instagram, which isn't much by any means, but I was surprised that my posts have garnered support. I put together 4 different outfits, and am curious what you all think.

IMG_0279.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

The she surprised me by turning to the male intern and telling him that he needed to get a pair.

That's awesome.  Your heels were so normal to her, that it was natural to suggest another male get the same pair.  

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

This sort of thing seems to be happening more and more often. I probably report at most 10% of the encounters I have where people compliment me. It has to be something special before I'll put it on here. Back when I first started, you better believe that if somebody even smiled at me after noticing my shoes, the story was told in great detail!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This sort of thing seems to be happening more and more often. I probably report at most 10% of the encounters I have where people compliment me. It has to be something special before I'll put it on here. Back when I first started, you better believe that if somebody even smiled at me after noticing my shoes, the story was told in great detail!

Yeah that’s a good insight. This kind of experience is so new to me that it definitely sticks out and seems to be a rare occurrence.

If the frequency at which these kinds of encounters occur increases, I too would likely not post every encounter.

Although, I do hope that people reading these positive encounters provides encouragement to those who wish to heel freely without worry of judgement, etc

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I wanted to post about the most interesting encounter I’ve had thus far in my heeling.

Previously, I mentioned how I wore my new Sorel wedges and left them pretty noticeable, to the point where at least one female coworker noticed and asked about them as well as complimented them.

This past Tuesday, I was wearing the same jeans with the Sorel wedges that I had before, so that the majority of the boot was noticeable.

On Tuesday mornings, I participate in one of the classes that our gym coaches facilitate. In that class there are two new interns to the company, a male and female.

After the gym, a shower, and morning routine, I made my way to our cafeteria to get coffee. I happened to cross paths with these two new people, and the female immediately took notice of my shoes. She complimented me on how nice they looked, adding that she liked the heel/wedge of them. I thanked her and said they’re quite comfortable for day to day wear. The she surprised me by turning to the male intern and telling him that he needed to get a pair. He looked down and said ‘Nah I’m good. I’m not short so I don’t need heels’ I laughed and told him I don’t wear them because I’m short(I’m 5’10” flat footed). He then just kind of shrugged it off.

But wow, talk about a confidence booster! Not only did she like them, but she recommended another guy get a pair!

I am pretty sure I was on Cloud 9 the rest of the day lol!

This is occurrence that happens with me. Usually woman don’t say anything to me but instantly notice what I’m wearing.

Be it at the beach or pool wearing thong swimsuit or gym in leggings. In heels often never overheard female ask a male friend that question. Usually woman are upset, me wearing heels and tight fitted outfit Criticizing me for it to them. 

While some females find it intriguing question to ask there partner. They immediately turn and ask there male companion if he to would like to wear that.

Same male response is often no way! The female finds his quick adamant answer amusing. Or pats and rubs him on the back telling him you sure it’s okay. Comments usually are don’t have the body like him. Female then feels sorry telling him don’t feel bad or laughs mocking him in jest. 
My belief is male being asked often feels homophobic. Female is testing his closed mindedness or kinkiness how or what his boundaries are. It often solidify’s her understanding of her male partner finding how open minded or fearful he is. Either way most woman feel they are teasing him  enjoying his stern answer. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Yeah that’s a good insight. This kind of experience is so new to me that it definitely sticks out and seems to be a rare occurrence.

If the frequency at which these kinds of encounters occur increases, I too would likely not post every encounter.

Although, I do hope that people reading these positive encounters provides encouragement to those who wish to heel freely without worry of judgement, etc

That's really the only reason that I do report on my experiences--mostly good, but occasionally bad or awkward. It's to encourage those who do not yet have the confidence that I have slowly gained over the years. @KneeBooted, your work situation is quite a bit different than mine. Even if I were a woman, I would not be allowed to wear heels to work. I have sometimes contemplated changing careers so that I could. That notion usually only lasts a few seconds, because that would be flat-out stupid. Not only do I make a pretty decent living as an industrial electrician, I really don't want to do anything else, and work is plentiful these days, thanks to all these data centers they keep building in my area.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:10 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Yeah, that's very cool

Looking forward to hearing about this week's Friday encounters!

I must say that yesterday’s adventure was rather uneventful.

I kept my Naturalizer ankle boots on pretty much the entire day, and had no encounters, good or bad.

However, there is a new person that started on my team this week, and I think I saw her getting a couple of glances in yesterday, but no questions or comments about the heels.

@mlroseplant - It is funny that you mention the idea of changing jobs so that you can wear heels. While the main reasons for me taking this job had nothing to do with heels, I have to say that it’s been a pleasant benefit now that I’m working them in to my everyday outfits.

To say though that I’ve crossed the threshold to normalcy of me in heels at work is not 100% true, yet. I do wonder just how many people that I encounter on a day-to-day actually notice my heels since I mostly wear them under my jeans.

To push the envelope further would be to either wear my higher heeled boots, or wear a pair over jeans. I’m sure those to some extent would really rock the boat lol.

I write about 10% of my encounters and now only the new or unusual - like a women telling you she has the same heels but in black while never breaking stride. I broke the bearer of wearing visible high heels at work over 5 years ago when that was the only type of shoes I could walk in. Since then it has be normalized for me to be in heels to the point I get asked why I'm NOT in heels on the few occasions . I go everywhere in heels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I write about 10% of my encounters and now only the new or unusual - like a women telling you she has the same heels but in black while never breaking stride. I broke the bearer of wearing visible high heels at work over 5 years ago when that was the only type of shoes I could walk in. Since then it has be normalized for me to be in heels to the point I get asked why I'm NOT in heels on the few occasions . I go everywhere in heels.

I must admit I am looking forward to the point where someone asks me why I’m not in heels either!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cali said:

I broke the bearer of wearing visible high heels at work over 5 years ago when that was the only type of shoes I could walk in. Since then it has be normalized for me to be in heels to the point I get asked why I'm NOT in heels on the few occasions . I go everywhere in heels.

Technically, it doesn't actually say anywhere in my company's handbook that you are not allowed to wear heels to work, but I am quite sure I would end up on the losing side of that battle, were it to occur. It's not worth it, especially since every once in a while I have to do something where it would be a really bad idea to be wearing heels. Nah, not happening.

This Sunday has been uneventful. Sure we are watching the Super Bowl now, but prior to that, we had church which is our biggest action outside of the house today.

We both took a different approach on wearing our very similar Naturalizer boots and green tops.

Who wore it better, lol

0C8CEAC2-7D05-4F75-BFE2-F8F8A2284739.jpeg

• Like 6