KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

• 3 weeks later...

So it turned out I was wrong about my coworker finding my Instagram account about my heeling, BUT she had been paying attention to which heels I’d been wearing to work. So after a brief discussion, she now follows me and thinks it’s awesome.

I posted in the thread of @mlroseplant about church and heels, and thought I’d say a quick word about my late experience.

I had continued with the idea that I need to step out of my comfort zone in order to progress with my heeling. So a few weeks ago, I wore my new skinny jeans from American Eagle and paired them with my Sorel wedge boots. I figured it wasn’t a very feminine look, and chances are they’d go unnoticed.

The only people I saw that took notice were a daughter in her late teens/early 20s and her mother. They made some small talk to each other and pointed at my shoes, but neither laughed, snickered, or otherwise made a negative reaction. If anything, they seemed extremely curious. I didn’t get a chance to find them after service, but again I had no negative experience.

So for a couple of additional Sundays, I wore a similar look again, making it the norm. The one girl who works in childcare has checked them out, but nothing negative.

This past Sunday I pushed the envelope again, wearing my new Naturalizer ankle boots that match my wife’s pair. I had worn them once a month or two ago but with extra long jeans to hide most of the heel, etc. To push the envelope though, I wore just a long pair of jeans, thus showing off the fact I was wearing some kind of heel.

My wife wore her pair too, and this was by far the most notices I’ve received from other members of the church. I got quite a few double takes from women and even some from men. At one point the right cuff of my jeans got hung up on the cuff of my boot, showing off the entire thing. This happened while getting my son out of the child care area. While one mom took multiple looks then looked up at me to see it was in fact a man wearing heels, the ladies who watched my kid didn’t even bat an eye.

So the world didn’t end, I wasn’t excommunicated, and no one raked me over the coals for wearing heels.

1BCBD84B-678D-49FB-888B-88C00BD14977.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So it turned out I was wrong about my coworker finding my Instagram account about my heeling, BUT she had been paying attention to which heels I’d been wearing to work. So after a brief discussion, she now follows me and thinks it’s awesome.

I posted in the thread of @mlroseplant about church and heels, and thought I’d say a quick word about my late experience.

I had continued with the idea that I need to step out of my comfort zone in order to progress with my heeling. So a few weeks ago, I wore my new skinny jeans from American Eagle and paired them with my Sorel wedge boots. I figured it wasn’t a very feminine look, and chances are they’d go unnoticed.

The only people I saw that took notice were a daughter in her late teens/early 20s and her mother. They made some small talk to each other and pointed at my shoes, but neither laughed, snickered, or otherwise made a negative reaction. If anything, they seemed extremely curious. I didn’t get a chance to find them after service, but again I had no negative experience.

So for a couple of additional Sundays, I wore a similar look again, making it the norm. The one girl who works in childcare has checked them out, but nothing negative.

This past Sunday I pushed the envelope again, wearing my new Naturalizer ankle boots that match my wife’s pair. I had worn them once a month or two ago but with extra long jeans to hide most of the heel, etc. To push the envelope though, I wore just a long pair of jeans, thus showing off the fact I was wearing some kind of heel.

My wife wore her pair too, and this was by far the most notices I’ve received from other members of the church. I got quite a few double takes from women and even some from men. At one point the right cuff of my jeans got hung up on the cuff of my boot, showing off the entire thing. This happened while getting my son out of the child care area. While one mom took multiple looks then looked up at me to see it was in fact a man wearing heels, the ladies who watched my kid didn’t even bat an eye.

So the world didn’t end, I wasn’t excommunicated, and no one raked me over the coals for wearing heels.

I know you're exaggerating a bit for humorous effect, but if they're going to kick you out for that, you need to find another church!

If you believe my wife, I get gawked at all the time in church, but she hasn't said anything for a few years, so I assume that either she's given up telling me, or people have just gotten used to me. The first time I wore heels to a church function was in May of 2012, so it's been a few moons. If memory serves, the first time I wore stilettos to an actual church service was Easter 2013.

Nice, casual outfit, by the way--very similar to what I wind up wearing most of the winter, only different. One of these days, you will end up wearing 5" stiletto heels to church, and THEN they might have something to talk about.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I know you're exaggerating a bit for humorous effect, but if they're going to kick you out for that, you need to find another church!

If you believe my wife, I get gawked at all the time in church, but she hasn't said anything for a few years, so I assume that either she's given up telling me, or people have just gotten used to me. The first time I wore heels to a church function was in May of 2012, so it's been a few moons. If memory serves, the first time I wore stilettos to an actual church service was Easter 2013.

Nice, casual outfit, by the way--very similar to what I wind up wearing most of the winter, only different. One of these days, you will end up wearing 5" stiletto heels to church, and THEN they might have something to talk about.

Ha! Yeah, the church we attend now definitely personifies what I imagine from an open/inviting church. What I mean is that if anyone has taken notice, they really don’t care, or not enough to say anything to me.

That being said, the church we attended when we were living in Indiana claimed to be an open/inviting church, but you could definitely tell it wasn’t unless you conformed and acted like them. They were definitely a conservative Christian church.

Moving to California revealed some of the member’s true colors before we left, and I am thankful we don’t see those people anymore.

I love how you think I’m going to be able to pull off 5” stilettos! I usually stick with thicker heels, but I guess you never know.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Ha! Yeah, the church we attend now definitely personifies what I imagine from an open/inviting church. What I mean is that if anyone has taken notice, they really don’t care, or not enough to say anything to me.

That being said, the church we attended when we were living in Indiana claimed to be an open/inviting church, but you could definitely tell it wasn’t unless you conformed and acted like them. They were definitely a conservative Christian church.

Moving to California revealed some of the member’s true colors before we left, and I am thankful we don’t see those people anymore.

I love how you think I’m going to be able to pull off 5” stilettos! I usually stick with thicker heels, but I guess you never know.

That's just it.  .  . you never know. I was the same at first, I thought I would stick with bigger, chunkier heels, but it didn't work out that way. Your path will be completely different than mine, but I didn't even predict my own path very well.

• Like 1

My family and I are back in Louisville, KY for the holidays...

So I wore my new Sorel wedges out to dinner last night with my parents, my wife, and our kids. I paired them with my skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt, similar to the post on the previous page that was quoted at the top of this one.

We went to a local place that makes amazing burgers. I ended up in the seat at the table that showed off my choice of footwear quite easily, and I may have done that on purpose, lol.

While I got a couple of looks, no one said anything, and I was so preoccupied that I didn’t even see much else if anyone even reacted to it.

However, there was a couple at the bar that noticed and I assume kept talking about me in heels even as we were leaving. This couple was waking out behind us, and I heard a short bit from the guy... “I bet his feet are hurting. I’d be ok with it if...”

Number one, my feet weren’t hurting in the least, they’re wedges!

Number two, what situation would it have to be for that guy to be ok with another guy in heels? I assume he likely was going to say if I was gay, no kids, or something of the sort. Sigh, a sign I’m back in a conservative area lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I love how you think I’m going to be able to pull off 5” stilettos! I usually stick with thicker heels, but I guess you never know

You never know. I have just purchased 5 pairs of Jessica Simpson stilettos and I find them very easy to walk in.  Since you and your wife enjoy matching pairs, look for a BOGO (Buy One Get One FREE) sale on them at Macy's. I used it to get two Raxen's in different colors for under $55 (including shipping), but you could use that type of sale to get two different sizes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So I wore my new Sorel wedges out to dinner last night with my parents, my wife, and our kids. I paired them with my skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt, similar to the post on the previous page that was quoted at the top of this one.

We went to a local place that makes amazing burgers. I ended up in the seat at the table that showed off my choice of footwear quite easily, and I may have done that on purpose, lol.

While I got a couple of looks, no one said anything, and I was so preoccupied that I didn’t even see much else if anyone even reacted to it.

However, there was a couple at the bar that noticed and I assume kept talking about me in heels even as we were leaving. This couple was waking out behind us, and I heard a short bit from the guy... “I bet his feet are hurting. I’d be ok with it if...”

Number two, what situation would it have to be for that guy to be ok with another guy in heels? I assume he likely was going to say if I was gay, no kids, or something of the sort. Sigh, a sign I’m back in a conservative area lol.

It never ceases to amaze me how people think we must constantly walk around in misery. I've had several men over the years comment that they must be uncomfortable as hell, and it's usually something rather low-ish, too. Womens' comments are almost always along the lines of, "I wish I could wear those." I'm generalizing, of course, there have been quite a few true, unconditional compliments over the years, but I find those two categories to be the most common. What I really want to say is, "Yes, you can wear these, you just don't want to." I'm sure there are a certain percentage of people who can't wear heels, but most of them simply don't want to put in the time or the effort to get to the point where they can wear heels long term in comfort. Me? I'm still workin' on it!

• Like 7

I get those two comments too. I respond by saying "Life too short for heels that hurt."  If they want to continue I will say that women buy heels because of their LOOK and what outfits they look good with, then worry about walking in them while I buy shoes that fit from the beginning because I will wear them for 12+ hours straight. Some times I might ask what the most important thing you look for in heels - the most common answer "how it look." I get accused of "buying heels like a man." :wink:

• Like 1

I’ve even heard guys say that a 1.5” heel on cowboy boots must be uncomfortable and difficult to walk in.  Yet that is closer to what podiatrists say is the ideal heel height.  Their judgment is often not based on any real personal experience, but rather what they are just used to seeing.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:10 AM, Cali said:

I get those two comments too. I respond by saying "Life too short for heels that hurt."  If they want to continue I will say that women buy heels because of their LOOK and what outfits they look good with, then worry about walking in them while I buy shoes that fit from the beginning because I will wear them for 12+ hours straight. Some times I might ask what the most important thing you look for in heels - the most common answer "how it look." I get accused of "buying heels like a man." :wink:

I have wondered about this sometimes. I think you're largely right about women buying on looks only, but I can think of a couple of examples where this simply isn't true. One example is a friend of mine who wears heels regularly (probably every day), and she has a particular brand which she likes and finds comfortable. Nevertheless, she just simply can't hack standing and walking in them for more than a couple of hours. This was proven when a bunch of us took a trip to Chicago a couple of years ago. The only reason she wears heels every day is because her job allows her to sit most of the time. She has even mentioned giving up heels someday when she is older. I can't figure out why she has never developed the strength and endurance that I have, and that you have. We're talking about maybe a 3 1/2" heel, no platform.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, p1ng74 said:

I’ve even heard guys say that a 1.5” heel on cowboy boots must be uncomfortable and difficult to walk in.  Yet that is closer to what podiatrists say is the ideal heel height.  Their judgment is often not based on any real personal experience, but rather what they are just used to seeing.  

I've heard that before as well, and I wonder how they come up with that. Being as we're really designed to walk barefoot, how are 1 1/2" heels the ideal height?

• Like 1

That makes sense for me. 

Has anyone here Experienced the same thing: I feel perfect with  shoes from 5" to 6" heels. Single sole. Less than that I can really walk properly,the sole slapping the ground noisily. Higher is impossible except at home , for training purpose. Size W 12. 43/44 European 

I also now always add a special sole insert that gives arch support. Even if it raises the heel of 5 mm more the comfort is much better. 

Good morning from Kentucky, and Happy New Year!

Leading up to last night’s festivities, I had made the decision that I wanted to quit actively hiding my heeling from some close friends and family.

I didn’t go announce anything on Facebook, but I did make a New Year’s post on my Instagram account that has some followers who are coworkers, friends, etc. who don’t know yet about this side of me.

While I haven’t gotten any amazingly wonderful supportive comments, the fact that no one has freaked out, stopped following me, etc. in the past 8 hours is nice, lol. A few friends on there who I knew would be supportive have liked it and that makes me happy.

I hope to put myself out there more in the new year and perhaps help others find the courage to do so as well.

You are more than welcome to find my heeling account by looking for straight.in.heels

• Like 3

On 12/29/2019 at 11:10 AM, Cali said:

It should be more like "Life is too short to wear poorly fitting shoes that hurt your feet". Nothing more complicated than that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well I got received my first ever bodysuit today... what do you think?

Initial reaction is that I like the look/idea, but not sure how I feel about a mock neck. Been wearing it all day at work without any issues.

D54FE1E3-3F23-406A-AA89-64674CD6E940.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KneeBooted said:

It seems to fit at the higher, proper waistline.  But the low rise jeans mess it up, in my opinion, being so far off of it?

It's doesn't look off, that's for sure. I think the 3/4 sleeves might be a giveaway, if you are concerned. 

How did you manage the bathroom in the end, re the previous conversation ;-). Must be a bit of a bother to undo everything...?

KneeBooted,

After reading the whole thread I concluded; 1) The sky of your world did not come crashing down 2) Whomever did notice on social media or not hasn't seemingly been affected too much because they haven't reacted yet and 3) You still are wearing a smile. Social media has certain utility in helping some people find others like tow military buddies, or an old high school flame, or perhaps some ancestral connection but it also has pitfalls like bullying, lack of real concern for consumers' privacy, and the tendency to exaggerate trends and news stories because social media is fueled largely by emotion rather than by logic and fact. One can be as dumb as a fencepost yet be someone important on social media whereas a well-meaning and respectable person can get skewered by social media trolls with nothing better to do. It has more tentacles than you think it does. I know it works for some but not for me. The point is, after all your writings and photos, you wore what you wanted and nothing bad happened.  Be grateful and move on to the next adventure. What you have in your heart and the positive energy you generate, which comes from CONFIDENCE, is what relevant people care about and cherish. You made the move to expensive California which was far more traumatic than anything I think which could pop up on social media so you should be ready for just about anything. I hope your holiday in KY was enjoyable.  :fine: HappyinHeels 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

You mean my bulging love handles?! :giggle:

Honestly it seems to me that the low rise jeans are a big contributor to the visual effect of love handles.  You mentioned that you were trying to minimize it, so I wonder if some high rise trousers that match the waist height of the body suit will be more effective.  

I find wearing the higher waist height of form fitting women’s tops/dresses tricky, as men have longer torsos.  I have found ways to hide the mismatch through layering, like you did in the left picture.  But a top tucked into low rise trousers by itself seems most challenging.  

Good look @KneeBooted.

If you are concern with side handles then you can try shaping or tummy control mid-rise skinny jeans. I got Levis 311 (premium) skinny jeans. The have minimal front pockets, but I have found a way to deal with it.  The other thing to look for is LONG or TALL versions of tops. They are out there and some brands make/carry them.

The other thing to watch out for with bodysuits and low-rise pants is that it is possible to expose some "upper hip skin".

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, jeremy1986 said:

How did you manage the bathroom in the end, re the previous conversation ;-). Must be a bit of a bother to undo everything...?

He's so used to doing up onesies by now, I'm sure it's second nature! Thankfully diaper changing is now about 7 years in my past, so if I ever get a bodysuit, I'll have to relearn skill that I once had.

22 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Honestly it seems to me that the low rise jeans are a big contributor to the visual effect of love handles.  You mentioned that you were trying to minimize it, so I wonder if some high rise trousers that match the waist height of the body suit will be more effective.  

I find wearing the higher waist height of form fitting women’s tops/dresses tricky, as men have longer torsos.  I have found ways to hide the mismatch through layering, like you did in the left picture.  But a top tucked into low rise trousers by itself seems most challenging.  

I must respectfully disagree with you about the high rise pants. I don't think what he is wearing is particularly low rise to begin with. The fly, when compared to the size of his hand, appears to have some length of zipper. All of the low rise pants I have have maybe 2 or 3 inches of zipper at the most. Furthermore, the jeans appear to have real pockets, which none of my low rise jean have. They either have no pockets, or pockets that you wouldn't want to put more than a few pence into.

If he were to go to an even higher rise jean, I really do not think it would have the desired effect, because exactly how high would they have to be? A 10 or 12 inch zipper? That would look very Taylor Swift-like. Have you ever seen her belly button? OK, that's all a matter of opinion, I understand that, but I really do not like that look in the least, and just like I blame Janet Jackson for ruining pop music, I blame Taylor Swift for ruining shorts with a ridiculously high waist, that then caught on with the general public.

I think the 'love handles' could be mostly managed by posture, and certainly by layering, as in the first picture. After contemplating a while, both of these pictures present an almost 'Dagwood Bumstead' posture, which I think emphasizes the love handles. If you're not of an age range or nationality where you immediately understand what I mean by a Dagwood Bumstead posture, Google several images of Dagwood Bumstead, and you'll come to understand what I mean.

Sorry, KneeBooted, it's very awkward and uncomfortable to refer to you in the third person on your own thread. No offense meant.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, KneeBooted said:

Number two, what sitDuation would it have to be for that guy to be ok with another guy in heels? I assume he likely was going to say if I was gay, no kids, or something of the sort. Sigh, a sign I’m back in a conservative area lol.

Too bad you couldn't hear the rest of his comment....Nonetheless, just the fact that he said "I'd be OK with it if....." is a huge compliment in itself.  Most conservative guys would never say that, even though they were secretly envious.  I wouldn't be put off by the feet hurting portion either, this is a common "misconception".    Good work buddy, hopefully you will inspire some guys in your old town....

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:38 PM, KneeBooted said:

Initial reaction is that I like the look/idea, but not sure how I feel about a mock neck. Been wearing it all day at work without any issues.

D54FE1E3-3F23-406A-AA89-64674CD6E940.jpeg

you look great....

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people think we must constantly walk around in misery. I've had several men over the years comment that they must be uncomfortable as hell, and it's usually something rather low-ish, too. Womens' comments are almost always along the lines of, "I wish I could wear those." I'm generalizing, of course, there have been quite a few true, unconditional compliments over the years, but I find those two categories to be the most common. What I really want to say is, "Yes, you can wear these, you just don't want to." I'm sure there are a certain percentage of people who can't wear heels, but most of them simply don't want to put in the time or the effort to get to the point where they can wear heels long term in comfort. Me? I'm still workin' on it!

I kind of think most really do want to wear such heels, they just use the comfort aspect as an excuse not to try....

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:22 PM, KneeBooted said:

You mean my bulging love handles?! :giggle:

Bulging "love handles"??  That's a laugh, you look great buddy, long and lean...  I have real love handles, but wear my levis 511s with boots anyway...

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, dagino said:

Yesterday at the Christmas market. Photo after return.

IMG_20191207_075554.jpg

you look great

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If he were to go to an even higher rise jean, I really do not think it would have the desired effect, because exactly how high would they have to be? A 10 or 12 inch zipper? That would look very Taylor Swift-like. Have you ever seen her belly button? OK, that's all a matter of opinion, I understand that, but I really do not like that look in the least, and just like I blame Janet Jackson for ruining pop music, I blame Taylor Swift for ruining shorts with a ridiculously high waist, that then caught on with the general public.

If you are showing your belly button, your natural waist is literally naked, which only those with a nice looking waist and six pack can afford to do.  The rest of us seem better off wearing clothes at our waist, which actually seems to have worked well for Taylor over the years:

It doesn’t take a 10 inch zipper to get to the natural waist, the belly button.  My pants have 6-7” zippers on a 13” rise.  Working with the shape of a women’s bodysuit could be exceptionally tricky though, since the shorter women’s torsos will likely cause it to sit way above your waist.  

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

If you are showing your belly button, your natural waist is literally naked, which only those with a nice looking waist and six pack can afford to do.  The rest of us seem better off wearing clothes at our waist, which actually seems to have worked well for Taylor over the years:

It doesn’t take a 10 inch zipper to get to the natural waist, the belly button.  My pants have 6-7” zippers on a 13” rise.  Working with the shape of a women’s bodysuit could be exceptionally tricky though, since the shorter women’s torsos will likely cause it to sit way above your waist.  

Not that I am much of a judge, but neither outfit looks very good to me....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

To lend some levity to this discussion, I evidently don't have a six pack. My younger son remarked a few months ago, "Daddy, you have a TWO-pack!" My abdominal muscles are still strong, but two thirds of them are covered up with a layer of fat. I cannot argue with the truth of his statement, it seems I do indeed have a two-pack. Having said that.  .  .

18 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Not that I am much of a judge, but neither outfit looks very good to me....

.  .  . I never thought of it before, but Taylor Swift is maybe not the best example to use, as I believe she doesn't have a typical body structure, especially compared to us guys. Her hips appear to be unusually tall, making her natural waist freakishly high, and I STILL think she'd look better with normal shorts. All I know is that MY natural waist is about an inch below my belly button, which by the way, I will never show you.

The only real way to settle this is for @KneeBooted to get some higher waisted jeans and take another nearly identical picture, and we can all sit at home and judge his appearance from afar, and conclude what looks better on him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The only real way to settle this is for @KneeBooted to get some higher waist jeans and take another nearly identical picture, and we can all sit at home and judge his appearance from afar, and conclude what looks better on him

But why stop there?  Since we are spending @KneeBooted's money,

do we have him try:  Super High Waist?  High Waist?  Mid Waist?  Low Waist?

Do we get him to also try: Super Skinny? Skinny? Straight? Original? Flare? Super Flare?

Jeans or leggings? 

Non-stretch, stretch, super stretch?

Just kidding.

I like my Mid-waist, super skinny, super stretch jeans and leggings.

• Haha 1