KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

KneeBooted.....   Better yet, I really like the coffee mug !!!

You liking CA and the Bay Area??  Someday when I get up there maybe we can meet and compare notes....

Enjoy your morning coffee and heels !!   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thank you all for the compliments! Yesterday was also a nice surprise in that a new pair of boots I ordered arrived when I wasn't expecting them until next week!

Here is the link to the post in the other forum about the new boots. TL:DR version is that I scored some Naturalizer leather boots that were normally $200 when they came out for only $30 plus tax/shipping! So I paid under $40 for a brand new pair of leather boots, and love them!

I must say that one thing I am excited for to hurry up and arrive is fall/winter. I realize that if I were over on the West Bay area, such as San Mateo, San Carlos, SF, etc., that the temps would be much cooler than they are now. However, over here on the Newark side, it is still getting to mid/upper 80s for the high, and I cannot for the life of me bring myself to wear my boots in that warm of a climate. I have much respect for those that do.

HOWEVER, I am excited to say that next weekend, we are taking a short family trip down to the Carmel, Big Sur, Monterey area, where temps are much more to my liking. I plan on taking at least the new pair of boots, with possibly one other pair. However, it is a short 2 night trip, so we will see how it goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well we made it back from our short vacation down to Carmel.

I was hopeful that I would have seen more women in heels than I did, but that’s not to say that the ones I did see were not of good quality.

In the places where we did catch notice of a woman in heels, it was in places where affluence is commonplace. There was no doubt that many of the heels and booties that I saw came with price tags of $150+.

That’s quite alright to me, considering the area we were staying in.

Now for myself, before we left for the trip, I made the ultimate decision not to take my newest boots. It was more of a decision of comfort. That’s not to say the new boots aren’t comfortable, but I haven’t had a chance to wear them for an extended period of time to judge just how comfortable they’d be for a day out and about.

That being said, I took a pair of Converse wedges, and my Sorel wedges. We did a small amount of hiking on Saturday, which in hindsight, was no more difficult than walking on a running track. Little to no elevation change and paved paths made easy work for the hike. However, not knowing what it would have been like, we both opted for our actual hiking shoes.

Due to circumstances that comes with having a young kid, I did not get a chance to wear my Sorel wedges until this morning while we walked around the shops in Carmel before heading out.

Let me know what you think, but I quite like this look.

899EB321-FCC6-4F21-85C3-9DC580528894.jpeg

• Like 1

Have fun in Carmel??  I have been there in heels many times.  

You look good, but it is hard to tell that those shoes are heels at all....  

Have fun.....   sf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, SF said:

Have fun in Carmel??  I have been there in heels many times.  

You look good, but it is hard to tell that those shoes are heels at all....  

Have fun.....   sf

Stan,

Carmel was a wonderful getaway, and in the right circumstance, a place I could see us living!

With it being a holiday weekend, there were plenty of people bustling about.

The Sorel wedges that I wore went unnoticed I believe save for one woman who was walking her dog. But as I am happy to report, I received a smile and a ‘Good morning’ as she went on about her day.

ANTICIPATION:

I’ve always been excited to get new shoes/boots. When I purchase them in person, it is a wonderful feeling because I can wear them right then and there.

When I order a pair either from a store’s website or on Poshmark, there’s always those few days(3-5 usually) where I am anxious for the new purchase to arrive.

That being said, this most recent purchase has me being tested even further!

Neither my wife nor I have any rain boots. Admittedly, we don’t live in an area where rain is such that we really need some, but it’s fun to accessorize!

Now the typical brand that I would flock to in this case is Hunter. They seem to be globally known and carry a good reputation from what I’ve seen. With that comes a price. My wife and I decided we should look for a pair, but not seek to spend $100+ on them.

Searching Poshmark, either my wife or I came across a brand called Joules. They seem to be of similar quality, etc. to Hunter, but focus a lot on patterns/designs on their boots.

Many patterns had a floral theme, while others included animals such as dachsunds or seagulls.

The pattern we honed in on was a navy blue base with white stripes.

When it comes to sizing, they follow the same path that Hunter does, which is you usually want to get a size smaller than your normal size. Luckily, Poshmark had a size 6 for the wife, and she promptly received them yesterday, which she commented that they were a good fit, and she liked the pattern. The cost for them after shipping, etc. from Poshmark was $37.

That order was placed on Monday, the same day I ordered mine from a vendor on eBay. This is where the anticipation comes in. My wife received hers two days after the order. Mine aren’t scheduled to come in until a week from tomorrow!

As we tend to like matching from time to time, we of course got the same style!

Let me know what you all think.

-Jeff

475A23D7-BE12-4ED7-9D36-986EE8A4ADD5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well my mother-in-law has arrived and it’s also started to feel like fall. My mother-in-law is someone who I would say is not exactly open to the idea of a guy in heels.

That being said, I am not exactly wearing my 4” heels at the moment, so no eyebrows have been raised.

However, I decided to switch from my usual look of wearing Converse wedges and jeans to church. My wife likes it when I occasionally dress nicer, which is usually a button down, polo, blazer, or some combination of those variety of items.

Today was close to Fall weather, but not quite there yet. It was cool enough in the morning for pants and maybe a light jacket, but it’s warm enough in the sun at the moment for shorts and a T-shirt. So I decided that today I would wear my blazer that my wife really likes on me. It’s one of my more versatile pieces of clothing that I’ve found goes with just about anything. Today proved to be no different as I wore it with a T-shirt, jeans, and my new Naturalizer boots.

My mother-in-law mentioned that I looked nice before we left for church, and my wife thought the combination looked really good.

The heels as expected weren’t heavily noticed, being that they’re only about 2” block heels. That being said, there is one girl in the child care area that always is there to check out my shoes when we drop my son off. She was wearing some boots today, but I couldn’t get a good look to see much of the style/detail.

What made me feel good though is that a couple of people we talk to at church made it a point to say how nice I looked today! Talk about a confidence boost! Now they made no mention of my shoes, but I’m ok with that.

Here’s the look:

30686358-A089-4825-81D7-BC10C56E8139.jpeg

8CCC96D8-6DAE-4895-B432-D5E60D0F72C0.jpeg

Honest feedback is always appreciated!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Well my mother-in-law has arrived and it’s also started to feel like fall. My mother-in-law is someone who I would say is not exactly open to the idea of a guy in heels.

That being said, I am not exactly wearing my 4” heels at the moment, so no eyebrows have been raised.

However, I decided to switch from my usual look of wearing Converse wedges and jeans to church. My wife likes it when I occasionally dress nicer, which is usually a button down, polo, blazer, or some combination of those variety of items.

Today was close to Fall weather, but not quite there yet. It was cool enough in the morning for pants and maybe a light jacket, but it’s warm enough in the sun at the moment for shorts and a T-shirt. So I decided that today I would wear my blazer that my wife really likes on me. It’s one of my more versatile pieces of clothing that I’ve found goes with just about anything. Today proved to be no different as I wore it with a T-shirt, jeans, and my new Naturalizer boots.

My mother-in-law mentioned that I looked nice before we left for church, and my wife thought the combination looked really good.

The heels as expected weren’t heavily noticed, being that they’re only about 2” block heels. That being said, there is one girl in the child care area that always is there to check out my shoes when we drop my son off. She was wearing some boots today, but I couldn’t get a good look to see much of the style/detail.

What made me feel good though is that a couple of people we talk to at church made it a point to say how nice I looked today! Talk about a confidence boost! Now they made no mention of my shoes, but I’m ok with that.

I need feedback on a shirt that I purchased. I haven’t paired it with an outfit yet, so the only picture I have is from when I tried it on in the store.

I am venturing into women’s tops, but still am struggling with finding a good fit.

This one I found at Kohl’s for less than $10, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Yes, It is nice to get compliments from people, particularly ones you see somewhat regularly. I'm not surprised they didn't mention your boots. On the somewhat rare occasions that I get compliments on my outfit, no one ever mentions the shoes, and mine are kind of hard to ignore. On the other hand, there may be those who will compliment your shoes and nothing else. I've gotten that, too.

As far as the top goes, yeah, it's probably all right for $10. I see you have the same problem as me--it fits fine in the chest and shoulders, but then there's this sort of loose, tent-like area that falls around the belly. It's not terrible, but I'm guessing that's part of the reason why you're posting and asking. My opinion, which is not worth much, is that you either want to find something that is generally looser, or is pretty skin-tight in all areas. We'll see what the shirt looks like after it's been washed a few times.

One thing I've noticed generally about women's t-shirts, and similar casual items, is that the neck hole tends to be proportionally bigger that a similar men's garment. This is one thing that I personally don't like, and I have to be careful to notice it before I get home with it. This is of course a matter of personal taste, I just don't like the wider neckline on me.

Edited by mlroseplant
To delete repetative pictures

@mlroseplant you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I have found that when I find a size matching my upper chest, the area around my stomach usually ends up loose.

I’ve washed it once, but I was worried about it shrinking, so it hasn’t had a full cycle in the dryer yet.

A coworker suggested ModCloth, so I may give them a try too.

I will try to pick an outfit to pair the top with as well as run it through a dryer cycle.

Thanks for the feedback!

The top looks nice, sort of like some "henley" shirts that I have, without the buttons.  The neck opening is bigger, but otherwise looks OK.  Have fun....  sf

23 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Here’s the look:

I need feedback on a shirt that I purchased. I haven’t paired it with an outfit yet, so the only picture I have is from when I tried it on in the store.

I am venturing into women’s tops, but still am struggling with finding a good fit.

11FB60DF-DA26-4575-BB56-EA59824CC665.jpeg

The t shirt, jacket, jeans and boots outfit is a home run for sure buddy...  Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of that sweater, it just doesn't seem to fit you correctly....sorry...Don

Woman's tops can be tough to fit. I like tighter fitting tops (and bodysuits) myself.  I will them blend/layer with some of my male clothes. 

I would agree with the others, That top does not fit right.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:24 AM, KneeBooted said:

Here’s the look:

11FB60DF-DA26-4575-BB56-EA59824CC665.jpeg

Personally, not surprised you didn't get much feedback on the boots - one can hardly see them, and they can easily pass as mens shoes with such limited visibility! Such a pity to hide a good looking pair of boots like that, don't you think?? Yes, I know your MIL was there, and church etc - but just saying :-)   Hope you get to show them off soon!

Regarding the top - agree with the others. Looks nice on top, but a little sloppy down below. 

So I have two updates that are work related.

I have started to transition from wearing my normal work shoes, which are a women's pair of Red Wing athletic shoes in pink, to wearing my Converse wedges during the work day. The wedges prove to be fairly comfortable, even for averaging 10k+ steps a day. It's quite possible that people have noticed, but if they have, no one has said anything.

1. So on Thursday of this week, I was wearing my wedges at my desk as usual, and someone needed to drop off a key to me. I've complimented this woman on her variety of ankle boots multiple times, to which she is always appreciative. Now the way my desk is, you have to approach from behind. I usually keep my headphones on and some form of music playing so that I can drone out some of the noise around me that is a constant throughout the day. I admit I may have had my feet placed in a way that the shape of the shoe was visible, possibly even able to tell that they were a wedge, when she came to drop off said key. With the headphones being on, I don't know how long she was there before tapping me on the shoulder. 

Other than a polite greeting and usual chit-chat, she was off and on her way. About an hour later, I was chatting with another female worker who does know of my heeling, and she had ben asking questions about the wedges. This is where I freaked out. I was using one the chat platforms at work and having this discussion. Now you can have this platform on multiple devices and open at the same time. I had left my conversation on my laptop, chatting with the colleague who knows of my heeling, and had moved to being in a vehicle where it was easier to communicate via the app version on my phone.

However, the app version was opened to the first conversation with the female who doesn't know of my heeling. I was responding to a question about the heel height and the fact that they are very comfortable. I swear I didn't even have time to realize/delete the message to the wrong person before she wrote back saying "Hahaha your shoes are very cute! I thought that when I saw them." "They look comfortable." I didn't discuss the heeling any further, but it did make me feel good that I received a positive response! Maybe that will pave the way for some future chat? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Now Friday's endeavor actually started Thursday night when I was browsing through Instagram. There is an account that I follow that discusses being the wife of a crossdresser. They typically take the time to share stories from other friends, followers, etc. One of the stories that was shared talked about doing things that may be new/uncomfortable. They said that they put a number to a lot of things. The example was something using the number 5. So whatever that thing was, they would be fine with NOT doing it the first four times, but once it hit the 5th time, then it was time to do it. Now I realize that this is not a mantra that could be applied to everything, but I looked at it with regard to heeling, mainly the types of shoes with heels to wear to work.

My job entails that I do an awful lot of walking, where 10k steps a day is low(I usually am somewhere between 18-20k). So any heel I wear would need to be comfortable. I have my Sorel wedges that I've been wearing into work, but I then change into my Converse wedges once I get to my desk. I usually get there early enough where I would only interact with maybe one or two people. Anyway, I decided Thursday night that Friday would be my "5". My Friday routine is such that I get to work, run for 30 minutes in the gym, shower, then head to Starbucks for my Friday treat. I told myself that until I got back from Starbucks, I would wear my Sorel wedge boots. Now by the time I head for Starbucks, it's usually close to 7:30, and there are more people at the office, but again not many.

In this case however, it just so happened that I crossed paths with one of the facilities guys that I have talked to/worked with before on some of my projects. My very initial reaction was just say hi and go, but he wanted to let me know that I was inspiring him to start working out again. He said every morning when he's making his rounds, he is amazed that I am at the gym regularly. He swore I must be training for a marathon. Instead, I told him I was just trying to be healthy and focus on my weight. He was in awe and openly wished he had the drive/willpower to do that. I invited him to come work out in the gym with me any time I am there. The best part is, throughout this entire interaction, my shoes were 'on display', in that they weren't hidden by a box/desk/etc. He could have easily noticed them, but didn't even glance down. One other guy that works in shipping/receiving walked past and looked down at them, but never said anything to me the rest of the day.

When I got to Starbucks, I smiled a lady and I exchanged a smile as we walked past one another, and again no looking down at my shoes. I use the mobile app to order ahead, so I just went to the counter and picked up my drink, and strutted back out the door. I've no idea if anyone took notice when I was there, but again, no one mentioned anything to me, so I'll count that as a win for the normalcy book.

By the time I got back to work, it was approaching 8am, and by then, more people were definitely coming in. However, the stroll back to my desk was extremely uneventful. Here's a picture of what they looked like sitting down...

IMG_9015.JPG

Edited by KneeBooted
Run-on paragraphs are bad, mmmkay.
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:09 PM, Cali said:

Woman's tops can be tough to fit. I like tighter fitting tops (and bodysuits) myself.  I will them blend/layer with some of my male clothes. 

I would agree with the others, That top does not fit right.

Cali, I have discovered the style of 'bodycon' for which I interpret to mean 'body contouring'. Out of curiosity, where do you shop that you're able to find tighter fitting tops?

-Jeff

Macy's, Victoria's Secret, Express, Misguided, Eddie Bauer, ...

In person and on-line. If I see something I like I might just go in and try in on or just buy it. It doesn't matter the store. It's more does it fit and looks good on me, not the label.

I'm a size 10 or Medium in most women's. Some 8's and some 12 especially if it is to be outer wear. Over 50% (more like 70-80%) of what I wear started out as women's, but I don't dress in a feminine way.

That being said, I am thinking about going to work on Halloween in a woman's executive business skirt suit with over-the-knee stiletto boots.

Definition:  A bodycon dress is a tight figure-hugging dress, often made from stretchy material. The name derives from "body confidence".  Some have block colors as well.  Think weatherwoman on the nightly news, most will wear a bodycon dress.

• Like 1

Kneebooted:  Sounds like you accomplish more by 0830 than I do all day!  You have worked hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and deserve the positive feedback.  I love it when I  get so involved with a social situation/out walking, that I almost forget I'm wearing boots.  Once I am not focusing on wearing boots, I lose inhibitions and am much more open and relaxed.  While out walking down the sidewalk in Austin last week, one young guy commented, "way to rock those heels" as he rushed by me.  Not sure if this was a positive comment, but have decided to believe it was....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

While out walking down the sidewalk in Austin last week, one young guy commented, "way to rock those heels" as he rushed by me.  Not sure if this was a positive comment, but have decided to believe it was....

That is a positive comment.  Austin is a receptive place like that.  

10 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Kneebooted:  Sounds like you accomplish more by 0830 than I do all day!  You have worked hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and deserve the positive feedback.  I love it when I  get so involved with a social situation/out walking, that I almost forget I'm wearing boots.  Once I am not focusing on wearing boots, I lose inhibitions and am much more open and relaxed.  While out walking down the sidewalk in Austin last week, one young guy commented, "way to rock those heels" as he rushed by me.  Not sure if this was a positive comment, but have decided to believe it was....

100% that's a positive comment!

So this past Saturday my wife and I went to see Joker for my birthday, and left our son with my mother-in-law as this was likely to be our last date before our daughter was born. Side note: our daughter was born on Tuesday, and her and mom are home now and doing great.

The movie is definitely worth seeing, especially if you are into the dark history of the Joker character(I feel this movie kind of could be a lead up to the Batman movie with Heath Ledger’s joker)

Afterwards, I asked if we could go to Target, just the two of us, to spend some time looking at tops. I was convinced I could find something that fits from the women’s side that looked good. Sure enough, we took our time, found me some stuff to get for me, and some stuff for my wife.

I ordered my stuff online and it arrived yesterday, so I had to take some pictures. I bought a green henley shirt from the men’s section in a forest green, two striped tops from a brand called A New Day, and a long sleeve ribbed shirt from the same brand. The khakis are from Poshmark that I just received. One of the striped tops is not pictured because it won’t arrive until next week.

Let me know what you think.

D7EBCFD4-FD27-480A-AB5F-F54FC7FF53B0.jpeg

Edited by Tech
Keep thread on-topic.
  • Like 2

Congratulations on your new daughter and on finding better fitting tops. What you will find is with men's there is a smaller set of types to look at.  With women's top there are endless styles. So if you look long enough you will find a top that fits and looks good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So this past Saturday my wife and I went to see Joker for my birthday, and left our son with my mother-in-law as this was likely to be our last date before our daughter was born. Side note: our daughter was born on Tuesday, and her and mom are home now and doing great.

The movie is definitely worth seeing, especially if you are into the dark history of the Joker character(I feel this movie kind of could be a lead up to the Batman movie with Heath Ledger’s joker)

Afterwards, I asked if we could go to Target, just the two of us, to spend some time looking at tops. I was convinced I could find something that fits from the women’s side that looked good. Sure enough, we took our time, found me some stuff to get for me, and some stuff for my wife.

I ordered my stuff online and it arrived yesterday, so I had to take some pictures. I bought a green henley shirt from the men’s section in a forest green, two striped tops from a brand called A New Day, and a long sleeve ribbed shirt from the same brand. The khakis are from Poshmark that I just received. One of the striped tops is not pictured because it won’t arrive until next week.

Let me know what you think.

D7EBCFD4-FD27-480A-AB5F-F54FC7FF53B0.jpeg

A8FAFBB9-FA03-4979-9379-AF88003572CF.jpeg

2F37D484-1E41-4474-ACF0-7E3FF69A5A15.jpeg

7A89B788-45D0-4429-9826-56AF6A260FD0.jpeg

The tops look great but much better with the boots though if I’m being honest 

• Like 1