KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

Well today is the day! I felt well enough at work that I got back into my heels tonight. I initially put on my Jessica Simpson knee boots, but the sole on the right one is now severely separated and until I can apply some adhesive to it to remedy the issue, I won’t be trying to do any walking in them.

However, I opted for my 4” Steve Madden boots, as I figured the more time in them, the easier it will get!

The one downside to the new place is that there is no full length mirror to get a full picture. So for now, it’s just the boots...

5498C893-A05B-489E-A4CB-39EA1051E02C.jpeg

67299F53-5EB4-4702-8A44-27E8FC1D5BA7.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @jeremy1986, yes my back seems to be at 100%. I still don’t know what I could have done to cause it, but I am stretching more throughout the day.

Thank you for the compliment! I really do love the Jessica Simpson boots, I need to get my rear in gear and glue the sole back on the right one so I can actually attempt to wear them!

As far as how many pairs I have, I honestly don’t know. It’s less than 20, and part of the reason is that some are in packing boxes in the garage at our new place. It will be a little bit before I get to them unfortunately. I will likely put them up on here for sale though, as I want them to go to someone who will appreciate them!

• Like 2

Well even though my back is back to normal, I did not end up wearing heels yesterday. But, it was for a good reason!

Earlier in the week I was tossing around the idea of hiking this weekend. I asked my friend if she would go with me, and agreed to, depending on the weather. Now when I woke up yesterday morning, I felt lazy and did not want to do anything. But she texted me about 11:30, and so I decided it was now or never to go hiking.

I picked her up about 12:30 and off we went to go hike Mission Peak. It’s about 2500 feet in elevation at the top, and the shortest tail to the peak is the steepest. But we trekked through it and made a full loop, to the top and back down, in about 4 hours! It was amazing! We logged about 20k steps and over 8 miles!

My legs hurt a bit today but I assure you after I get some stuff down this morning and showered, I will be in heels!

Adding a picture of me at the summit!

05E712A3-7C86-4739-934C-B155048F3C91.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow, and you even have a (nice) pic to prove it.....   I went up Mission Peak about 20 years ago, beautiful hike on a clear day....

Glad you had fun......sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

So today wasn’t very eventful as I spent most of it at home.

But I did venture out to the grocery and wore my Sorel wedges. Now even though I wore these during my last couple of flights, I had some nervousness wearing them to the grocery. Why? I am not sure, but today for some reason, the jeggings didn’t look right when tucked in or pulled over... so I tried something that I had previously mentioned that I wasn’t a big fan of, and that was cuffing them!

I know a couple of people took notice, but no one laughed, made mention of them within earshot, etc. So I consider this trip a win.

20E393DF-3C07-447C-A78D-2643AE4356A0.jpeg

0D904BC7-7D1B-4991-9AF9-83918831CB07.jpeg

• Like 5

Last night wasn’t anything super interesting, although I did convince myself to wear my Aldo ankle boots. They are a size 40 and definitely not a perfect fit, but for the small amount of scrunched toes, they were comfortable to walk around in. I normally shy away from stilettos but they weren’t horrible to try and maneuver.

Haven’t decided for tonight and time is running out lol!

9113887A-5C4A-40BC-B8D2-DC547489158B.jpeg

• Like 6

So tonight I ended up going with one of my oldest pairs in my possession. I’ve had these for probably over 10 years and I just love them! They are Liz Claiborne boots and oh so comfortable. I had the heels recovered in real leather a year or two ago and the cobbler did a horrible job, but I still love them.

A2A83076-EF23-4749-88A3-B0981E6AF8D0.jpeg

28593AAA-EFF7-4B97-A06B-DB975B3C2A83.jpeg

• Like 6

Very nice boots - both pairs, the knee boots above and the ankle boots above them. Quite wearable and presentable with jeans. Stylish yet unremarkable, in the discrete sense of the word, however you choose to wear them.

20 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Last night wasn’t anything super interesting, although I did convince myself to wear my Aldo ankle boots. They are a size 40 and definitely not a perfect fit, but for the small amount of scrunched toes, they were comfortable to walk around in. I normally shy away from stilettos but they weren’t horrible to try and maneuver.

Haven’t decided for tonight and time is running out lol!

9113887A-5C4A-40BC-B8D2-DC547489158B.jpeg

These look great!

• Like 1

On January 14, 2019 at 1:04 AM, KneeBooted said:

But I did venture out to the grocery and wore my Sorel wedges. Now even though I wore these during my last couple of flights, I had some nervousness wearing them to the grocery. Why? I am not sure, but today for some reason, the jeggings didn’t look right when tucked in or pulled over... so I tried something that I had previously mentioned that I wasn’t a big fan of, and that was cuffing them!

I know a couple of people took notice, but no one laughed, made mention of them within earshot, etc. So I consider this trip a win.

I have the same boots and love them, they are an all day heel for sure.  The cuffed jeans are my preferred look!!

Edited by Romulus
Insert additional information
  • Like 1

Kneebooted,

You certainly have nicely shaped legs which makes any footwear look better. No doubt hiking will help that. Good to see you got a mountain climb under your belt. I climbed my first, Mt. Lassen at 10457 feet, in June of 1981 when I was 20. What a thrill!! I have also climbed other peaks in New Mexico, Arizona, Venezuela, and Chile. The highest I have ever been was the base camp for Aconcagua in Argentina at 17500 feet which is the same altitude as the base camp for Everest. I encourage you to keep climbing!! HinH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I have not posted in here since February? Sheesh, where does the time go?! The excuse is that work and family take most of my time. The truth is I have a tendency to be lazy and when there isn't much going on, I don't see a need to post about it.

However, I thought I would take a few minutes and post an update here to say, 'Hey, I am still here and still heeling!'

Since I last posted in February, there honestly has been little in the way of noticeable heeling, aside from my Converse wedges. Those things are just so darn comfy, and they go with everything!

The first thing I want to talk about is church. The church that my wife and I have been attending regularly since moving out to the Bay Area in California is wonderful. It is not 100% of what we like/want, but then it's not really supposed to be about us. It does do a great job of getting the message across, and we really enjoy the atmosphere and people that we attend with. Since we have been attending this church, I have worn my Converse wedges every Sunday. I usually wear my American Eagle kick boot jeans with them, so hardly noticeable, right? However, the nursery that our son is in during church has the same staff each week. They are a wonderful group of ladies who just adore and get so excited to see our son. Now I tend to be an observant person whereas my wife is not. Needless to say, there was one week where I caught one of the younger staff checking out my shoes, then looking up to see a guy wearing them. She didn't say she liked my shoes, but she didn't give a sneer or ugly look either. She smiled and we dropped him off. But when we came back to get him after the service had ended, I now noticed that her and another younger girl on the staff(when I say younger, these two girls are in their mid-20s I'd guess, so younger than me, lol) were checking out my shoes. I looked to see if there was any kind of response; nope, they just smiled and wished us a good week. Each week that I wear a different colored pair, they definitely make an effort to see which ones I am wearing.

To expand on church today, I did change it up a little bit. Seeing @JeffB and his posts about fashion free-styling made me realize that just because I don't wear "noticeable" heels, that doesn't mean I cannot post about them! So today I changed it up a bit, but it was the result of my 20 month-old son picking out my boots. I set out a pair of riding boots and a pair of 3" heeled boots. He chose the riding boots, so I decided to make it work. So today I did not have on but 1" heels, but it still felt great! They are my Frye Melissa back-zip riding boots. I wore my usual AE kick-boot jeans and my Old Navy top. Now I think the top maybe got a few looks, but my wife also noted that from straight on, it makes me look 'wider' than I really am, lol! I admit I have been wanting to find/wear some slimmer fitting tops, but I am still working on my gut and love handles... However, I noticed no looks from our friends in the nursery today. I guess I need to be more adventuresome next week!

I've got more to post about, including wearing heels to work for the first time! That will be in another post.

IMG_8065.JPG

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:04 AM, KneeBooted said:

You look great buddy, the jeans fit your nice legs perfectly, and the cuffing adds a rugged touch to the wedges...I'm sure people did notice, and liked what they saw....Sorry no one complimented you though.  Most folks feel a bit uncomfortable speaking up, even though they liked what they saw....Glad your back is better, that hike was quite the work out indeed.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, KneeBooted said:

Wow, I have not posted in here since February? Sheesh, where does the time go?! The excuse is that work and family take most of my time. The truth is I have a tendency to be lazy and when there isn't much going on, I don't see a need to post about it.

However, I thought I would take a few minutes and post an update here to say, 'Hey, I am still here and still heeling!'

Since I last posted in February, there honestly has been little in the way of noticeable heeling, aside from my Converse wedges. Those things are just so darn comfy, and they go with everything!

The first thing I want to talk about is church. The church that my wife and I have been attending regularly since moving out to the Bay Area in California is wonderful. It is not 100% of what we like/want, but then it's not really supposed to be about us. It does do a great job of getting the message across, and we really enjoy the atmosphere and people that we attend with. Since we have been attending this church, I have worn my Converse wedges every Sunday. I usually wear my American Eagle kick boot jeans with them, so hardly noticeable, right? However, the nursery that our son is in during church has the same staff each week. They are a wonderful group of ladies who just adore and get so excited to see our son. Now I tend to be an observant person whereas my wife is not. Needless to say, there was one week where I caught one of the younger staff checking out my shoes, then looking up to see a guy wearing them. She didn't say she liked my shoes, but she didn't give a sneer or ugly look either. She smiled and we dropped him off. But when we came back to get him after the service had ended, I now noticed that her and another younger girl on the staff(when I say younger, these two girls are in their mid-20s I'd guess, so younger than me, lol) were checking out my shoes. I looked to see if there was any kind of response; nope, they just smiled and wished us a good week. Each week that I wear a different colored pair, they definitely make an effort to see which ones I am wearing.

To expand on church today, I did change it up a little bit. Seeing @JeffB and his posts about fashion free-styling made me realize that just because I don't wear "noticeable" heels, that doesn't mean I cannot post about them! So today I changed it up a bit, but it was the result of my 20 month-old son picking out my boots. I set out a pair of riding boots and a pair of 3" heeled boots. He chose the riding boots, so I decided to make it work. So today I did not have on but 1" heels, but it still felt great! They are my Frye Melissa back-zip riding boots. I wore my usual AE kick-boot jeans and my Old Navy top. Now I think the top maybe got a few looks, but my wife also noted that from straight on, it makes me look 'wider' than I really am, lol! I admit I have been wanting to find/wear some slimmer fitting tops, but I am still working on my gut and love handles... However, I noticed no looks from our friends in the nursery today. I guess I need to be more adventuresome next week!

I've got more to post about, including wearing heels to work for the first time! That will be in another post.

IMG_8065.JPG

Great outfit buddy, those Frye boots are amazing.  I wouldn't worry about "looking wider" in the top, this outfit is a great combination that exudes confidence and masculinity...

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:25 AM, KneeBooted said:

Well I didn’t post the rest of January, but it was uneventful as I only ended up wearing my Converse wedges.

In a different thread though, I had posted about my wife and I getting some new boots for each other on Valentine’s Day.

Well tonight was the night we wore them out together. Seeing as how the right boot is still snug on her calf, she opted to wear hers under jeans, as did I.

I wanted us to go out to a place called Lazy Dog which is a nice restaurant, usually with lots of people and an opportunity to show off the little bit of visible heel. Unfortunately they had a 45 minute wait just to get seated, which won’t fly with our 18-month old son. In all fairness, I was hungry and didn’t want to wait that long either.

We ended up at a chain that my wife hadn’t been to yet, Black Bear Diner. While we weren’t really over dressed, most everyone else was in tennis shoes or sandals. I only saw one woman in some flat heeled ankle boots. I did get a couple of looks at my heels, but no one seemed to laugh, make comments, etc., which again I consider a win.

This was also a first as I finally found a woman’s top that my wife and I both liked. It is a ‘football style’ t-shirt from Old Navy. I’ll talk about getting it in another thread.

Here are a couple of pictures.

4C636D72-8BD6-4F7D-B725-9B2647E816F5.jpeg

424C5A7F-759A-45DB-A74D-0422AED41480.jpeg

That top looks masculine on you, no matter what department it came from...Great boots also....I usually wear my new Sam Edelman boots under my levis also...I like to show a little heel, but haven't reached the confidence level yet to wear these boots over my levis, hopefully I will make that leap soon.  You are a lucky guy to have such a loving wife that lets you "be you", and is confident enough in your relationship to appreciate how great you look in boots....

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, jeremy1986 said:

These look great!

They sure do, love the jeans also

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:58 AM, KneeBooted said:

So tonight I ended up going with one of my oldest pairs in my possession. I’ve had these for probably over 10 years and I just love them! They are Liz Claiborne boots and oh so comfortable. I had the heels recovered in real leather a year or two ago and the cobbler did a horrible job, but I still love them.

A2A83076-EF23-4749-88A3-B0981E6AF8D0.jpeg

28593AAA-EFF7-4B97-A06B-DB975B3C2A83.jpeg

I can see why you love those boots, look great and easy to walk in....I am envious of your long lean figure, but I am sure you have worked hard to maintain it, so deserve to enjoy all its benefits....

• 1 month later...

Well today is the day for the San Francisco pride parade and I get the amazing opportunity to be in it!

Work participates in the parade each year and now that I live out here in the Bay Area, I am seizing the moment!

I realize that some of you may think that wearing heels at the pride parade doesn’t help eliminate the stereotype that men in heels must be gay/bi.

However, I am going more to show support for my friends at work who identify as lqbtq. The plan is to have an awesome time and enjoy the day.

I am posting my two outfit choices below. The only difference is choice of pants. The weather states that it will likely be windy with a high in the 60s up in the city. This may cause me to want to wear the jeans versus shorts. Let me know what you think!

9130868B-C3CA-4D7C-B435-6DDBCF8A75F6.jpeg

8E7822CB-663E-4E68-BEC1-81A89EFF5D72.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Well today is the day for the San Francisco pride parade and I get the amazing opportunity to be in it!

Work participates in the parade each year and now that I live out here in the Bay Area, I am seizing the moment!

I realize that some of you may think that wearing heels at the pride parade doesn’t help eliminate the stereotype that men in heels must be gay/bi.

However, I am going more to show support for my friends at work who identify as lqbtq. The plan is to have an awesome time and enjoy the day.

I am posting my two outfit choices below. The only difference is choice of pants. The weather states that it will likely be windy with a high in the 60s up in the city. This may cause me to want to wear the jeans versus shorts. Let me know what you think!

Regardless of the temperature, you're comparing skinny jeans to "Dad" shorts. You gotta go with the jeans! Or different shorts. In any case, have fun!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Regardless of the temperature, you're comparing skinny jeans to "Dad" shorts. You gotta go with the jeans! Or different shorts. In any case, have fun!

Would you believe those are women’s shorts from Gap?!

Remember the coldest winter was a summer in San Francisco.  Wear the longer pants or leg warmers. I like Eddie Bauer (women's) shorts, they don't look like Dad Shorts.

In the last few days I have had several people ask me how I did my nails because they wanted to copy them for that parade.

• Like 1

My favorite way of making shorts is to cut off pants or jeans that fit well. I either just leave them raggedy, or better yet, get my friend who happens to be a tailor, and is willing to collaborate with me on such things, hem them up.

Those Dad's shorts are not shorts. They are capris. I take my men's pants to the tailor shop to have them shortened to a capri length for me to wear. I won't wear a short that isn't at least several inches above my knees, That's why I'm like Cali and buy women's shorts. However I did buy a couple pairs of shorts this spring (men's) with a 8" inseam and not the baggy men's look that I hate. Maybe the designers are getting a message that baggy shorts for men are passe.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I know I need to update this and cover at least the topic of heels at work; a subject I brought up a while back.

However, I felt I should post this picture because this is my mood this morning. I believe I have posted a picture of the coffee mug before, but sitting out back enjoying some coffee this morning, it just felt right in heels.

9DE09347-2C5E-4C77-9431-6A0342A33DBB.jpeg

• Like 4