KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

13 minutes ago, CAT said:

I have pairs of the Sorel sand my GF has 5.  They are awesome  we wear them all the time !!!!

Yeah they are really comfortable since they are wedges! I will probably wear them more often now! I’ve been looking for a pair of the PDX 1964 wedges.

As I was typing this, look what walked past me! It’s my pair!

A27B07E6-A25F-436D-AF29-5532CF4A4611.jpeg

It is very nice to get a compliment !!!!  The boots look very nice as well...   Safe travels, have a Merry Christmas.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well I made it back out to California and I must say that it wasn’t without it’s struggles due to weather,etc.

So I am attaching here the pictures of my outfits during travel.

The picture of the jeans tucked into the wedges was on my trip to Indiana and the picture of the jeggings pulled over the wedges was my flight back out to Cali.

On my connecting flight from Atlanta to San Jose, I ended up sitting across the aisle from a woman who was wearing some Sorel boots as well! I complimented hers, she complemented mine, then we had a brief 5 minute chat about how great they are!

I noticed that I got lots of looks, but no one appeared to laugh, sneer, make rude comment, etc. I made eye contact with a few people and we smiled at each other.

Don’t get me wrong, compliments are nice, because that’s an acknowledgement that people not only notice but like our look. But I am perfectly content moving through the day without any comment, because to me that means that my look gave no abnormal notice.

A09FEFCE-E06A-493E-8FF7-C68910EAC4EA.jpeg

14762F71-11A7-4B28-83F9-D6020A2607D5.jpeg

3538FA8D-99AD-47F2-BF50-AFDD8870DD70.jpeg

58A47A72-B979-4CEA-91FB-6F0EBC087AAD.jpeg

• Like 4

I hope everyone is excited to ring in the new year if you have not already done so!

I wanted to post about a quick experience I had this morning. Some good friends happened to be out in the Bay Area and we wanted to get together. The couple was also meeting another friend so we all decided on a local breakfast place called Stacks, which by the way was delicious.

Upon arriving, I met the other couple, and took note that the girlfriend was wearing some Sorel wedge boots similar to mine, except hers were black. I was wearing my Frye riding boots under jeans today.

When we were wrapping up and making our way out and saying our goodbyes, I mentioned to the girl that I liked her boots. She thanked me and said they were a Christmas gift, and that she loves Sorel and has about 5 pair. I told her I loved them too, had a couple of pair myself, including a matching pair to hers. She exclaimed ‘you’re kidding’ to which I informed her I wasn’t. She goes ‘you know these are women’s shoes, right’ and I explained to her I know, I like them, and I am wearing women’s shoes today, which I then showed her my Frye boots.

I definitely took her by surprise, and I couldn’t tell if she was intrigued or didn’t like that idea. Either way, I hope to cross paths with her again and we can match lol!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's great, @KneeBooted that you were able to be so open with her! Were you nervous? 

Hope this takes you to new wonderful pastures! 

Jeremy,

I don’t think I am nervous anymore about discussing it. I had a very plain conversation with another woman at a group dinner on Saturday about me wearing heels, and she seemed extremely interested.

I think my inner demon is the fear of wearing my obviously feminine heels in public and getting negative reactions. However, each time I do this, and get either no reactions or positive reactions, the confidence grows. Yes, I am at a point in life where I don’t care what people think when I tell them what I do, but I do still have some subconscious fear when I actually do it.

Although, right now, I am wearing my 4” Steve Madden boots at home and it’s quite relaxing

• Like 1

A revealing choice of phrase - you know these are women’s shoes, right? As if you didn’t. The phrasing suggests she sees barriers there. It could have been fun to say, why gosh, no, I had no idea! And see where that led. But then, I am a lover of irony. 

• Haha 2

I admit my wit was sidelined and I could have played it better. However, the boyfriend started a group text with me and her and they invited me out for NYE, although to a metal concert, which I’ve never been to one!

So I must not have left a bad impression.

Only downside is I don’t want to wear heels to a metal concert...

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 9:59 PM, Shyheels said:

A revealing choice of phrase - you know these are women’s shoes, right?

I've been buying jeans at the local thrift shops from the other side of the aisle. Two reasons - better fit and better selection.

I had an elderly lady look at me one day and said the same thing  - - you know these are women’s jeans, right?

- - Yep, I know - - 

She looked at me funny, then noticed the jeans I had on, Looked at me again, threw her nose up in the air and huffed off down the aisle.

I laughed - - just too funny

• Like 2

So I decided that with the new year upon us, I would try something new. So for the month of January, I am going to wear a pair of heels every day for at least an hour. This may sound silly, but back home in Indiana I used to only wear heels on the weekend and it was mainly my wedges. Now that I am out here in California and feeling like I can be more of myself, I will dedicate some time every day to heels and hopefully that will help me to spend more time out and about it them. I am going to post two pictures, one from yesterday, and one from today.

Yesterday was uneventful as I didn’t put on my Sorel wedges until I went over to the new place to unpack some boxes.

Today was a similar fashion, except I wore my new Steve Madden knee boots to try and get used to the 4” heels a bit more.

5F4131F7-7750-46A4-A9C6-78D59815C4E3.jpeg

8DA7D404-0962-441B-BC3B-C41189C34BD9.jpeg

• Like 4

Ok, so I didn’t post last night so again this will be two days in one.

Last night I didn’t wear heels per say, but I did wear my jeans tucked into riding boots and went to the new place to do some unpacking. Nothing too exciting.

Tonight, I went back down in my riding boots but changed into my black thigh high boots with stiletto heels and platforms. I wore them back to the place I was staying and had a mini freak out because the garage door wouldn’t open. Fortunately my roommate opened the front door for me and didn’t wait to see me in my thigh booted glory.

Yes the shirt is the same, I have deemed it my unpacking shirt, lol!

A59C324F-66E4-4FE7-9313-449E5EC64459.jpeg

CC7E1A6D-C510-44AE-B75E-D9505D3B6FF4.jpeg

AEE1C6BE-BB60-4011-B14B-32D57D635F78.jpeg

• Like 7

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, KneeBooted said:

Ok, so I didn’t post last night so again this will be two days in one.

Last night I didn’t wear heels per say, but I did wear my jeans tucked into riding boots and went to the new place to do some unpacking. Nothing too exciting.

Tonight, I went back down in my riding boots but changed into my black thigh high boots with stiletto heels and platforms. I wore them back to the place I was staying and had a mini freak out because the garage door wouldn’t open. Fortunately my roommate opened the front door for me and didn’t wait to see me in my thigh booted glory.

Yes the shirt is the same, I have deemed it my unpacking shirt, lol!

A59C324F-66E4-4FE7-9313-449E5EC64459.jpeg

CC7E1A6D-C510-44AE-B75E-D9505D3B6FF4.jpeg

AEE1C6BE-BB60-4011-B14B-32D57D635F78.jpeg

Looking great. I suspect @Shyheels, that the flat boots are similar style to how you wear yours? 

and those thigh high are quite superb  - how do you manage walking on them? Those jeans must be pretty skinny if you manage to zip them up inside the boots. Great story about getting locked out!  

Well no post since I’ve been in the new place, but I’ve good reason.

As we age, our bodies tend to change at a rate that sometimes progresses beyond what our minds comprehend.

I would love to have a cool story that makes me the talk at the water cooler, but such is not the case.

Bending over to rinse after brushing my teeth on saturday, a pop occurred in my lower back and left me in pain and reduced mobility. No I’ve not gone to see someone, as stretches and ibuprofen have seemed to help. I would say I am about 85-90% back to normal, but want to give it one more day to see if I can hit 100.

Backs are dodgy things - I speak from dreadful experience. Take care. It's great that stretching and ibuprofen are helping. Be mindful in future. I wasn't - or at least not as mindful as I should have been and ended up in a very very bad way about 15 years ago. At that, I was extremely lucky as the surgery worked miracles.  Take are. Don't go there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Well no post since I’ve been in the new place, but I’ve good reason.

As we age, our bodies tend to change at a rate that sometimes progresses beyond what our minds comprehend.

I would love to have a cool story that makes me the talk at the water cooler, but such is not the case.

Bending over to rinse after brushing my teeth on saturday, a pop occurred in my lower back and left me in pain and reduced mobility. No I’ve not gone to see someone, as stretches and ibuprofen have seemed to help. I would say I am about 85-90% back to normal, but want to give it one more day to see if I can hit 100.

oh no!  Feel good my friend! 

• Like 1