KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

I go to the club lounge - I’m a platinum member with One World - and there is some awfully entertaining people watching to be had in there too, believe me. For that matter the first class dining room in the BA lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4 is decorated with arty black and white prints of high heels!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah people watching is the best....Often wonder why folks chose to join one of the clubs, they are missing out....

It’s nice if you have to do conference calls on the road, because it is more quiet and you can just help yourself to the food as you work.  It’s also a great way to rest before/between long flights, as the bathrooms are clean and there are lounge chairs to take a nap.  I’ve paid to use lounges before red eye flights and was able to get nice jump start on sleep beforehand.  

Just now, p1ng74 said:

It’s nice if you have to do conference calls on the road, because it is more quiet and you can just help yourself to the food as you work.  It’s also a great way to rest before/between long flights, as the bathrooms are clean and there are lounge chairs to take a nap.  I’ve paid to use lounges before red eye flights and was able to get nice jump start on sleep beforehand.  

Good point, as flight crew, we aren't even allowed to enter one of the club rooms....I'm sure it is quite nice, quiet, and convenient...

Just now, pebblesf said:

Good point, as flight crew, we aren't even allowed to enter one of the club rooms....I'm sure it is quite nice, quiet, and convenient...

It depends on location and time of day.  But I enjoy the BA Business Lounge in LHR even when it is loud and crowded.  It has a nice view and I always grab some breakfast and a newspaper to enjoy a couple hours of being in Britain, even if just as a connection.  

7 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

They can be very nice, although they do vary considerably between airlines and locations. The best are Qantas in Sydney and Melbourne. Emirates in Dubai is nice, but odd 

Edited by Shyheels

So I’ve been quiet for the past few days, and that is partially due to the fact that I have been spending time with my family for the holiday.

Short synopsis so far:

Wednesday was hell. Aside from my feet starting to hurt because I didn’t have the pads in the right place after all, I had to deal with a 7 hour delay and a customer service agent cancelling my flight. I ended up changing into my wedges before the plane ever took off. I was just done with the day, and I was more focused on getting home to my wife and son.

The rest of the trip actually was uneventful in heeling terms. I wore my wedges and tried to relax and decompress. That did not happen as some extended family drama caused me to have a small meltdown on Friday.

On top of that, I found roof damage on our house in Indiana that we just got an accepted offer on a week ago. The damage was caused by an ice/wind storm that occurred the night after the house went on the market. So now we are dealing with a claim on our house that we are selling.

Needless to say it has been a roller coaster these past few days. I am sitting in the airport in Chicago contemplating putting my heels on, but I am not sure at this point if I have the strong desire to do so.

Let me just say that stress is a wicked thing and it can get the best of anyone.

• Sad 1

Sounds like a relaxed and understated flight in whatever shoes are the most comfortable and require the least thought would be the best option in this case. 

Does sound like a stressful weekend. Hopefully this week gets off to a better start!

On November 19, 2018 at 10:13 PM, KneeBooted said:

Well I got the extra long pants in today and tried them on... maybe I’ll hem them an inch lol!

0E5B6D31-3D67-4A1C-AD2B-0A6533A445D3.jpeg

4C4793F8-57C6-4291-B13E-87EC495482C8.jpeg

That's about how mine fit. But I prefer that over an exposed heel personally 

So I bit the bullet and said screw it. Heeling makes me happy, so I put on my knee boots with extra long pants in Chicago and wore them until I got home just now. Took out the cushions and my feet actually felt better without them in there.

Back to work tomorrow, so no heeling until the weekend lol

Edited by KneeBooted
  • Like 1

Well, if it brightened up an otherwise dreary day of air travel, why not?

As for the comfort of wearing your boots all day, it's probably just a matter of getting used to wearing them for longer and longer periods. It may be you don't really need the cushions. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So I bit the bullet and said screw it. Heeling makes me happy, so I put on my knee boots with extra long pants in Chicago and wore them until I got home just now. Took out the cushions and my feet actually felt better without them in there.

I wear Aldo cushions in many of my heels, but not in my boots and some booties

5 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Back to work tomorrow, so no heeling until the weekend lol

We should get together some time and go shoe shopping. Maybe meet at DSW on Steven's Creek Bld.

LOL

• Like 2

On 11/26/2018 at 3:44 AM, Cali said:

I wear Aldo cushions in many of my heels, but not in my boots and some booties

We should get together some time and go shoe shopping. Maybe meet at DSW on Steven's Creek Bld.

LOL

That is a great idea, @Cali! I have been shoe shopping but only down at the Great Mall in San Jose. I might go there today to look for some shoes for my wife.

• Like 1

The Great Mall is only an outlet store Mall.

The big Mall is the Westfield Valley Fair (Santa Clara at 280/17 interchange) Extremely crowded this time of year. The DSW is down Stevens Creek Blvd. towards Cupertino before San Tomas Expy.

Well, I received my first compliment yesterday with regard to my heel wearing. It wasn’t a big win, but a win none the less. I was wearing the outfit in the picture below, because I had gone out looking for homes out here in the Fremont, CA area to rent. I decided I wanted to be comfortable yet ‘me.’ So I went with American Eagle women’s mid-rise jeggings, my red Converse wedges that are suede? My upper outfit consisted of a royal blue T-shirt and a dark blue zip up. My goal was to subtly draw the attention to my shoes.

The first house I stopped to look at was being shown by the owners. The wife initially started giving me the tour, and she was a looker. I was disappointed however because she was wearing a pair of Uggs or similar, and I am not a fan of those.

At the end of the showing, when I was talking to the husband, I noticed their son trying to coyly point out my shoes to his mom. He said something and I couldn’t pick up what he said, but she nodded yet didn’t laugh or anything. So I hope that was an approving nod.

Anyway, on to the compliment.

I picked up my friend who moved out here as well and she helped me get some Christmas shopping done and then we just went window shopping at a nearby outlet mall. This mall is where I had recently purchased my two pair of Converse wedges, and my friend was actually curious about getting a pair for herself. The fun thing is, she and I wear the same size, so who knows, I may gift her a pair?

Anyway, while in the Converse store, we were looking for wedges and I was a little saddened by the fact that there were no new wedges placed into rotation. They had a pink metallic pair, but neither of us would wear them.

As we were looking, an employee came by and she said ‘I love your Converse.’ I said thanks and she asked where I got them as she had never seen that color before. I told her I found them at an outlet in Ohio, to which she responded ‘Nice, yeah we only have the metallic ones here right now.’ It’s like she read my mind. I knew at that moment she knew I was wearing the wedges, if I had any previous doubt.

As we were beginning to wrap up in the store, I heard her telling another male shopper that Converse are unisex, so he shouldn’t be worried or something like that. I almost wanted to go back and see which pair he was looking at that made him cautious about public appearance.

Anyway, I was a happy shopper the rest of the day. My next goal will be to get a compliment on my actual heeled boots!

3468A9E6-DB7A-45B1-A29E-C6D6F0003BCC.jpeg

• Like 2

Getting compliments is very intoxicating, specially when you are just doing everyday activities. I got two for my fingernails the other night, one from a woman when she handed me my change and the other when I just held the door open for another woman and her child.

• Like 1

Great outfit Kneebooted, I really want to get a pair of nike wedges, or perhaps the adidas superstar wedges....I'm about to head out in my RL boots, am hoping my new Sam Edelmans will have arrived when I get home tomorrow...Sure hope they fit OK....  Compliments are intoxicating indeed, maybe I will get one today....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Great outfit Kneebooted, I really want to get a pair of nike wedges, or perhaps the adidas superstar wedges....I'm about to head out in my RL boots, am hoping my new Sam Edelmans will have arrived when I get home tomorrow...Sure hope they fit OK....  Compliments are intoxicating indeed, maybe I will get one today....

Make sure you post a picture of your outfit!

13 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

3468A9E6-DB7A-45B1-A29E-C6D6F0003BCC.jpeg

I like the look! Must have been great to get that compliment … keep 'em coming!

Enjoy them, they look very comfy

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

As said - do keep us in the picture ;-) 

Well tomorrow is our work’s Christmas party, and they’ve mentioned that there will be an ugly sweater contest of sorts going on through Friday. Now I would normally be all over the ‘ugly’ side of things, but this year I am going a ‘cute ugly’ route.

Let me have those opinions!

I will be wearing my red Converse wedges with this outfit! The sequins on the sweater flip to say ‘naughty’

CC69894F-DB06-454B-98FC-4D0E258DC407.jpeg

25C0320C-3F2E-4392-AE11-F80CA1A58935.jpeg

Well, I guess I'm not quite sure just what look you are trying to achieve here, but you are sure to win some sort or award and plenty of attention....Kinda looks like you are wearing your boxers over those leggings, is that the look you are going for?

KneeBooted....  Looks like you are getting settled into your new location??  Wanna buy a house??  Mine is still on the chopping block, make ya a deal!!  ha ha...

The complement you received was nice.  They are a morale booster.  Nice wedges too...  Take care, have fun....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I know I know, I couldn’t find a Santa hat last night. I definitely would have bought one if I did though!

The look I am going for is ‘festive’ and that’s it. I am not too worried about being coordinated in any way. The ‘boxers’ are actually women’s sleep shorts. I thought they looked better and I would actually sleep in them versus the holiday boxers that I would never wear again.

Stan,

I still need a place! I have been looking around here, but can’t afford anything as nice ad your home yet! I’ve actually been looking at renting a home for now... we will see how that goes.

Well today I am flying back to Indiana for probably the last time for a while. Our stuff is packed up and is slowly making its way across the country.

Closed on the house on Wednesday, so I’ll not be seeing the inside of it again.

But I wanted to talk about my travels so far today! I decided at the last minute to go with my jeggings and Sorel wedge boots. First stop: TSA - Now those who have read the previous posts know that I’ve tried to thwart the need to take off my boots when flying, much to no avail. This morning as I went through the metal detector, like clockwork it went off. I just assumed the boots and made my way back ready to take them off. BUT NO - It turns out in my haste this morning, I went through the metal detector with my cell phones in my back pocket. The agent was quick to point this out, so I went back through minus the phones and bam, no alarm! So now I’m convinced my wedges will be my travel boots at least going through TSA.

I am sure along the way there were people that noticed but no one said anything to me before boarding the first leg. Uneventful flight, started watching the movie ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ and will hopefully finish watching it on the connecting flight.

On to the BIG WIN for the day. This is only the second time I’ve worn the Sorel’s out since moving to California, the first time being uneventful. However, as I was walking past some gates in DFW to try and find food, a woman, who was likely a couple of years younger than me, made it a point to tell me she loved my boots! Talk about that amazing feeling! I absolutely loved the compliment, said my thanks, and went on about my time here.

I am not one trying to find a place to take a full mirror selfie here at the airport, but I will post the picture of the boots for now, then a whole picture of the outfit later.

B8778418-2409-4D82-86F8-5F58B941BC15.jpeg

• Like 5