KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Great job Kneebooted!  Let us know how you lost 30 pounds, I need to lose some weight also.  I think you looked great in those lace up boots and gloves, very powerful....But, you are really rocking those leggings also.  I really want to find a nice pair of Nike wedge sneaks also....

Sounds like you have a great wife and family, my hat is off to you sir....Don

Don,

Are you looking for what they call the Dunk SkyHi? If so, look on a website called Poshmark. I have seen a few float through there. They aren’t usually new, but they have very light wear. I would also suggest you look at Puma wedges. They have some nice ones as well. What size do you wear?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Don,

Are you looking for what they call the Dunk SkyHi? If so, look on a website called Poshmark. I have seen a few float through there. They aren’t usually new, but they have very light wear. I would also suggest you look at Puma wedges. They have some nice ones as well. What size do you wear?

Yes, have seen a few pairs on poshmark, usually not my size though...I wear women's 11.  I have seen the puma wedges also, along with the adidas promodel/superstars...  I even saw one pair of adidas stan smith heels, wondered if they were for real though....

8 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yes, have seen a few pairs on poshmark, usually not my size though...I wear women's 11.  I have seen the puma wedges also, along with the adidas promodel/superstars...  I even saw one pair of adidas stan smith heels, wondered if they were for real though....

So the Converse store I have been visiting lately has a few pair that are size 11 wedges if you’ve any interest.

Adding in: I am an addict for sure. I went back today and bought the silver metallic ones for the same price! $22 for some sweet shoes

Edited by KneeBooted

That's a very good price for any sort of Converse shoe.  I bought a pair of the good old-fashioned (flat) All Stars not long ago on a deep discount and paid somewhat more than that - in pounds. 

Edited by Shyheels

12 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So the Converse store I have been visiting lately has a few pair that are size 11 wedges if you’ve any interest.

Adding in: I am an addict for sure. I went back today and bought the silver metallic ones for the same price! $22 for some sweet shoes

Will have to keep a closer eye on Poshmark!

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up with some new boots, and I’ll post in the other thread, but I wanted to get an opinion here on length of pants. I took a picture showing where my “long” pants come down to when wearing the new boots. I always wonder if my pants legs should be longer. What are your thoughts?

3F63B0EB-8CC2-4942-8796-E6081C95C040.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cali said:

You could go an extra inch, but 2 inches maybe too long.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about getting a pair of these jeans in ‘extra-long’ but I think the inseam is another 2”

But you don’t think it’s a bad length where they are at?

Edited by KneeBooted

8 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

No, I suppose not. I was thinking purely of fashionability and where trousers ideally end. With heels it is obviously trickier. 

Very true. I feel like with my other boots, and it’s likely because the heel is 1/4” shorter on those, the pants are at a perfect length.

I have 4", 6", 8", 10", 30", 32", and 34" inseam pants, 30" was pre-heels, 32" and 34" depending on the height of the heels.

What you have is fine, I wear this lenght often when I wear long pants.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is a tough one, a little longer and they will be dragging on the ground....Maybe you might consider a different cut of jeans, more of a slim fit/skinny style...Then the jeans will stop right at the bend of the toe box and look just fine.....

What you have there is fine. 

I don’t think the length of your jeans really matters to be honest, not much point wearing heels if you only want to cover them up, long boots especially are designed to be seen, i prefer to wear mine over my jeans so then it’s more a case of how wide the jeans are rather than how long 

• Like 1

They are Steve Madden Freebird Blaze, 2016. I have them in both brown and black. Nice leather. extremely easy to walk in. Wrote the review for them.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-BLAZE_BLACK_SIDE.jpg

FB Blaze Black03h.JPG

FB Blaze Black05h.JPG

blazeBrown.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

On 11/14/2018 at 11:57 PM, KneeBooted said:

So I ended up with some new boots, and I’ll post in the other thread, but I wanted to get an opinion here on length of pants. I took a picture showing where my “long” pants come down to when wearing the new boots. I always wonder if my pants legs should be longer. What are your thoughts?

I will agree with everyone that at this length you have already achieved the “covered heel” look and going longer won’t make that much of a difference.  I doubt you want to be dragging the hem on the floor.  

Since you ordered a longer pair and have all that length to work with, you might experiment with folding/cuffing to get that perfect length.  That added detail seems to be fashionable lately.  

• Like 2

Hello again! It’s time to ask for advice. I have really grown to love wearing a blazer. My wife has always been pushing me to wear more than just T-shirts for tops, and I must say that I like the look of wearing a blazer.

So I am flying out Wednesday morning to head home to see the family for thanksgiving, and am struggling to decide which combo to go with. I did some googling and saw that a sweater and blazer combo looks really good together. Showing up that way will definitely make the wife happy, as she likes my top half to look a little masculine, lol.

However, I can not decide which of these sweaters goes best! The blazer is a dark navy color, which my dark wash jeans, and my new Steve Madden boots.

Please feel free to comment on which one you think goes best, and thank you!

D6DCCD27-7492-4891-A0F5-D4DA20AEDCC5.jpeg

2A63FC34-F348-4CED-9330-5B8368B46CE8.jpeg

3A88E654-A1E8-4234-A4B3-576A57944EEF.jpeg

98D60BCC-BBDD-49DB-8F93-F1747D97EA47.jpeg

Edited by KneeBooted
Added picture
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, KneeBooted said:

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:27 AM, KneeBooted said:

2C6B3485-D9E8-45CE-B0A8-BD2140DDF346.jpeg

Hi @KneeBooted - great buys, both the wedge all stars and the boots!  How high are the heels on them? The boots looks great with the jeans, btw!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Hi @KneeBooted - great buys, both the wedge all stars and the boots!  How high are the heels on them? The boots looks great with the jeans, btw!

Thanks! The boots have a 4” heel, and the wedges are either like 2.7”? I haven’t measured them, that’s what the site info had. I am getting another pair of jeans that are a tad longer to see if they look any better, but I agree that this length may be the best choice!