KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

So I thought I would start off the fall/winter season by posting some pictures of my and/or my wife's heels when we go out.

This is kind of a big deal for us, as my wife hasn't worn heels in 10ish months due to her having been pregnant with our precious little boy.

However, that changed tonight! We decided to go see Thor, and we decided to both wear heels. She definitely took a few minutes getting the hang of it, but she is a trooper.

We stopped for a quick sandwich, and while there, I honestly don't know if anyone paid attention or noticed my heels. Both of our pairs of boots make noise so I am sure some people heard, but no one gawked or said anything.

At the movie theater, I wasn't surprised to see a number of women in riding boots, which is always visually appealing for me.

At the theater, I feel like a couple of employees may have done a double-take of me, but no gawking/laughing/etc. that either of us noticed.

Here's what we wore on our feet tonight.

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

• Like 8

Very nice, very stylish - and quite understated, too, in the very nicest way. You two would have been exactly the sort of relaxed look, and couple, that would go a long way towards making guys in heeled boots seem completely unremarkable.  Sounds like you had a very nice evening, too. 

• Like 1

Cool, both nice looking boots.  Your wife has such cute tiny feet next to yours, lol.  My wifes feet are only maybe a one size smaller than mine, so no dramatic difference.  I would guess yours are at least 3 maybe 4 full sizes different?  :)  Anyway, thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

That's great @KneeBooted

Glad you had the chance to get out in your boots (ankle or knee high?) - and so much more fun to do it with your wife, who is happy to do it with you :) (I think I confused myself there for a sec!). Your boots could probably pass for cowboy (cowgirl!) boots, so I doubt any gawking would be in order. 

But you both look amazing, enjoy the new season and hope you both get some good heeling done! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's great @KneeBooted

Glad you had the chance to get out in your boots (ankle or knee high?) - and so much more fun to do it with your wife, who is happy to do it with you :) (I think I confused myself there for a sec!). Your boots could probably pass for cowboy (cowgirl!) boots, so I doubt any gawking would be in order. 

But you both look amazing, enjoy the new season and hope you both get some good heeling done! 

Mine are knee high :) I included a picture.

So today we decided to match again, and today's shoe choice was our converse wedges. Now we didn't really venture out anywhere, as it was windy and rainy and chilly. Not the greatest outing combo especially with an 8 week old.

However, my wife got her bi-monthly massage today, and when I went to pick her up, I took the kiddo because all of the ladies at the salon wanted to see the little guy. So I went in with him, and as her masseuse was gushing over our son, she noticed and commented how cute it was that we had on matching shoes! Now she may or may not have noticed they are wedges, but either way, I was happy with the compliment.

Alas, I didn't think to take a picture with us wearing them, but I am including a picture to show size comparison. Mine are a 10 and hers are a 6.5.

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5194.JPG

IMG_5196.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks so much @KneeBooted for the snaps. Your boots look fabulous, and I really like the half zip - makes it a much cosier fit... if you know what I mean? Especially for the cold winter!!

And those matching wedges are really cute!! I doubt anyone noted the wedge - pretty well hidden and I assume your pants covered them. 

• Like 1

The only people who would have noticed the heels on those boots would have been heel freaks! I wear heels nearly all the time, and most don't notice, particularly my 4.5 inch wedges. I have some cowboy boots with block heels a bit higher than yours but more people notice because they are noisy on some surfaces - like the wood block floor in a place I go to for business networking!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

So yesterday made day 3 of "matching." Our Sunday is fairly routine during the GoT off-season. Church in the morning, lunch at my in-laws, then dinner at my parents.

I've not ventured too much yet into heeling at church, aside from the converse wedges(for which I am glad it was those that some of the church women noticed), and therefore settled on riding boots, especially because it was a cold morning.

I've worn my Frye Melissa back zip boots to church before, but yesterday was the first time we've both worn our boots to church.

Pretty uneventful, although I was extremely distracted by all of the boots worn in church! The first girl who ever took notice of my shoes was wearing some light brown riding boots that I just gushed over!

I think my in-laws are starting to take notice of my shoe choices, but it's hard to say because they're pretty oblivious to those kinds of things. Although my wife threatened to ruin my new boots in front of her brother because I scared her, lol.

The only place my boots were truly noticed was at my parents house and that's because I took them off, having worn them from 9:00am to 5:00pm straight has an effect on your feet lol.

Next weekend we are contemplating some truly noticeable heels. She owns some black Chinese laundry midcalf boots that I bought for her, and I'll be wearing my Nine West boots.

When I get home from work today, I'll take more pictures of my Frye boots, as I promised in The Who bought new boots thread...

IMG_5210.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@jeremy1986 Well my parents know about my boots/heeling so they don't mind. Although I only recently told my dad(within the last 6 months), but he is open-minded.

Sorry, GoT off-season is Game of Thrones off season, lol.

During each season, we go to our friends house and play games/drink and then watch it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

@jeremy1986 Well my parents know about my boots/heeling so they don't mind. Although I only recently told my dad(within the last 6 months), but he is open-minded.

Sorry, GoT off-season is Game of Thrones off season, lol.

During each season, we go to our friends house and play games/drink and then watch it.

You seem like quite a nice couple, who have fun and enjoy each other’s company. Your baby is quite fortunate to be arriving in such a home and family!

• Like 1

Well this weekend proved to be a 'test' of sorts. My sister and brother-in-law had their wedding reception in Covington, KY on Saturday. They are both very much involved in the steampunk community, so the reception was to be steampunk themed.

Now neither myself or my wife owned ANYTHING remotely close to steampunk style attire, so we procured and made some of the outfit pieces.

Seeing as it was my sister's reception, that meant that relatives  and friends were present who were previously unaware of my heeling.

Below you will see the outfit and the heels I wore. Although my feet did hurt by the end of the night, I kept the boots on, and no blisters!

The cool thing is that I was complimented a few different times by women on my outfit/boots. One was so bold as to try and flirt with me while my wife was present!

The pleasant surprise was that all of my extended family who had no prior knowledge seemed not to care one cent's worth about my heeling, as in they're all accepting of it. Now in hindsight this doesn't surprise me, but officially knowing so does make it feel better.

So what do you think of my outfit? Critiques always welcomed!

IMG_5284.JPG

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Well, it has been quite some time since I have posted in here. Needless to say I have had some heeled adventures but nothing I’ve thought to mention on here, mainly because the majority of it has been in my Converse wedges which are hardly noticeable.

I did post in another thread about my flight back home yesterday, which went surprisingly well.

However, today, I got a chance to wear another “costume of sorts.” My cousin and his fiancé got married today, and they encouraged people to wear costumes. Now I knew I wanted to wear boots, but we were struggling as a family to figure out a cohesive family set of costumes, one that would include our son.

Then it hit me, we could be a basic family! If you have never heard the term of being a “basic” chick, it usually entails leggings, Uggs, pumpkin spice lattes, etc.

So out of respect I won’t post the other two members pictures, I will post me in my outfit! Needless to say I got some confused looks from some of the fiancé’s relatives, but it was all in good fun.

Now the real question is do I wear this for my work’s costume contest on Halloween?

D4DAE91F-264B-4E8E-A651-1FE931A0FB43.jpeg

D4AA4E65-263D-4DBA-B3DD-337465A62033.jpeg

B2D53D6E-7ED8-49C9-8B06-92DAE8046576.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi @KneeBooted - that's a cute outfit. And the truth is that it could really go either way. I guess with that last pose, you kinda give off a certain "look", but in the others you could really be just another guy. Even those wedge boots are pretty masculine with those laces and chunky heels.

Well done!

• Like 2

I have a couple of pairs of hidden heels from Payless.  The only way to really notice they have a hidden wedge is by the instep being more prominent.  I have worn them out quite frequently.  The one which is similar to your Converse has maybe a 2" heel while the other is closer to 3" in height.  Your boots are very inspiring.  

Welcome back to adding posts.

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

47 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Perhaps it's just an illusion, but it looks as though you have lost weight in the last year! In any case, your "costume" seems like it could be an actual, serious outfit.

It is no illusion! I am down 37 lbs when I weighed yesterday, and I am feeling really good. I still have a bit to go, but I am finally in a place where I have begun to feel comfortable in the clothes I am wearing!

Thanks @mlroseplant

• Like 1

Good job with the outfit.   You have on the Sorel boots in the pic.   I wear mine all the time.  Mostly with leggings, but with skinny jeans as well.    They are super comfortable.  My GF wears hers all the time too.  Perfect for everyday. 

• Like 1

Well I had some time to kill before trying to meet some new people out here in Cali. I originally went to a local mall with the intent of looking at some Steve Madden boots. They didn’t have what I was after, but I ended up in a Converse store. They had 3 pairs of wedges in my size, and a sale! I bought these beauties for a whopping $22. This now makes 4 pair of the wedges that I own. I may go back tomorrow so that I can get another pair, since the sale is continuing! The other two pair were a white pair and a metallic silver pair. Now I need to figure out what these will go with. Any ideas?

C52AC3DE-28D2-40FF-9965-827AFDA051B3.jpeg

• Like 1

Great job Kneebooted!  Let us know how you lost 30 pounds, I need to lose some weight also.  I think you looked great in those lace up boots and gloves, very powerful....But, you are really rocking those leggings also.  I really want to find a nice pair of Nike wedge sneaks also....

Sounds like you have a great wife and family, my hat is off to you sir....Don

It is wonderful to have a supportive wife, we both are very lucky.  Glad that things are going well in CA....   Have fun....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"