Recent Purchase

pumps13

Recent purchase, Shoes of Prey.  Good quality, lots of sizing including half sizes and many width choices as well.  Not inexpensive but worth the price.  

Pictured shoes are size 13, with small platform and over 5" heel.  Comfortable and happy with purchase.

DSCF2098.thumb.JPG.ef6904bb8c69253657ce001d6a4df6f7.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

pumps13,

That's a timeless style indeed.  Chaussure classique! You can't go wrong with it. As the cooler weather arrives you could wear this during most of the winter provided there's isn't snow in your way. Thanks for sharing so early after joining our forum. Welcome aboard the high heel train!!  HappyinHeels

There is less flex in the toe area because of the platform but it seems to be more comfortable for me than some of the shoes that do not have a platform.  There is good padding in the toe box area.  Although the heel is approx. 5" the platform helps to lessen the slope of the instep and for me is more comfortable than a 5" heel shoe without a platform.  Hope I used the proper descriptions for the different parts of the shoe.  I guess there might be a description of different parts of a high heel shoe on this website somewhere.  I know terms like vamp, instep, insole, etc. help to describe different areas of the shoe.  I think that shoe maker companies that pay attention to making proper sized "lasts" ? and have more choice as to half sizes and different widths end up producing good fitting shoes.

I'm always wary of platforms, and I have several pairs. They have a higher centre of gravity (although the small platform on yours wouldn't make much difference), meaning they are likely to tip over sideways suddenly, and also they can be very dangerous for coming downstairs as the platform rocks forward at the precise moment you're about to put the 'lower' foot onto the next stair, putting you off balance and making you likely to take a header...

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 2 weeks later...

Its a pretty shoe. You say 5 inch heel - I've looked at their shoes but they don't seem to make them that high? Was it a 4inch heel - and its taller because you have a larger shoe size?

I'm curious - I might like to get a pair of their pumps - 5 inch for my foot is quite steep, I'd be looking more for 4 inch no platform for long periods of wearing.

Nice Shoes

Shoes of Prey started just near me here in Sydney and used to have a face to face concession store in the local Sydney Westfield CBD Shopping centre, alas now they have moved on bigger n better and are based is USA, our loss, your gain.

I have had a couple of pairs from shoes of prey and yes they do make a 12.5cm heel with platform, the highest heel effect they do is 10.5cm, depending on the shoe style you used to be able to request either a 2cm or 4cm platform (approx). Now they have thinned the range down some, but the shoes are very well made and the 'if it isnt right we will remake it' guarantee is great.

About every 4 months they have a massive sale here in Sydney of all the shoes that they have remade, What a great night they are. You have to be quick.

Regards

James

I measured the heel height at the back of the shoe.  It is very slightly over 5" high and possibly this is due to the larger size.  They do offer a lower heel choice as well.  You can play around with shoe designs on their website and pose questions as well.  S of P has good customer service and will answer your questions.