I did it! Kind of!

Pointer7

Hi All,

I have a place I like to go to (generally in the evenings) where I can walk about in my heels (very quiet area).

I was sitting on a bench just enjoying the coast and then in the distance I could hear talking and it was getting louder! by now i'm starting to panic slightly and they walked right past me.... I froze  OMG it the first time I I had been caught! so I had to just keep my head down and sat there.... was a horrible experience but after it was over and I thought about it, it wasn't too bad and I have been back since.

I was wearing black jeans with black heels and nude nylons (so I did stand out a bit with the nude nylons)

I have always worried what other people think (easier said than done not to worry about it) so maybe now it's happened, I wont feel so embarrassed if it happens again :) 

• Like 6

They probably never noticed, to be honest. People go about in their own little bubbles. You could have been sitting there in a deep sea diving helmet or a space suit and oiling a tommy gun in your lap and unless you went out of your way to call attention to yourself, they'd just walk right on by and, if asked later, would remember only that there had been somebody sitting on a bench - if they even noticed that much.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 4

Yes, I think a lot of us have been there... You'll find 98% of people are so wrapped up in their own little world that they don't even notice, and the rest don't care. How long were your jeans? I wear floor-length boot-cut jeans most of the time so the heels are hidden when I'm just standing, but of course they can be seen when I'm walking or sitting. I think we tend to make a much bigger deal of it than other people simply because we are painfully aware of the heels and are probably feeling vulnerable. When I first started wearing heels in public (2 inch cowboy boots) I was sure everyone within 100 yards would see them and laugh, but that didn't happen, and it still hasn't happened, even when I've worn stilettos for shopping.

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Ah! You posted that a few seconds before my question! They wouldn't have been noticed. I wear 4-4.5 inches all the time and even then most don't notice, and I wear sandals in the summer.

John Milton

Nice work Pointer!  Like all have said, we are just hyper sensitive during initial heeling adventures, we are convinced the world's eyes are fixed on us....It's just not so. 

And, if they did notice, that is a good thing, we all have to experience a few stares/snickers to help get over our fears.  Trust me, I'm not saying I don't get nervous, just saying I have made great strides since a few years back...If someone does notice, "never let them see you sweat buddy", keep your head up the next time, no matter how hard it might be on the inside....

I really think most guys have a hidden love of heels, they just don't have the courage to explore their desires!  Give yourself plenty of credit for being extremely brave, this might help build your confidence....Women might snicker because they feel threatened, there are plenty of guys who have well toned bodies that look great in heels. 

Keep up the great work, gets easier and easier, and always feels amazingly liberating.  Your outfit sounds great....

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

I always love your feedback, @pebblesf - you are so warm and encouraging! 

Thanks Jeremy, that means a lot to me....We are all here to learn and help one another along the way to heeling confidence.  Everyone here has helped me tremendously over the past few years, I am very grateful for that indeed....

• Like 1

You're absolutely right, pebblesf. I think a lot of men would love to wear heels but don't dare, for various reasons. I've done that journey. In the end I decided I wasn't hurting anyone by wearing them, although I don't want to cause embarrassment to those I love and care about. I now wear 'masculine' heels all day most days, and am comfortable with being with friends and family while wearing some pairs (notably my boots with concealed heels mentioned elsewhere). I have another reason apart from a love of the heels: they are a miracle cure for back pain, so that's a truthful explanation I can give to anyone who asks, although so far no one has done that.

• Like 1

John Milton

Pointer, thanks for your story. I'm glad you survived, but I would have been very surprised if there were any negative reports. Most people honestly do not notice, but we are so focused on heels that we think the rest of the world is like us. They aren't. And if they do notice, they usually don't care. The main exception is that teenage girls in packs will giggle. 

It gets easier each time. You'll begin to wonder what your concern was all about, and probably kick yourself for not having the guts to do it sooner. I know I do. But I'm glad I wear publicly now, because someday I may be too old to do it!

Keep pushing your personal envelope! Keep wearing heels! Practice outdoors so you become really confident and comfortable in heels. And keep on posting reports of your progress. Every successful outing is a small victory!

Steve

• Like 1