Jump to content

balletboot

My first public heel adventure

Recommended Posts

Yes the first one - shorter is more versatile.

Its exactly the same as a grey one I have had for 4 years and they are great. (except mine is single breasted style)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the look of all of those jackets. But i have very broad shoulders and havnt found a womens jacket that is even close to fitting. Im probly going to have to find a mens jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried Plus Size stores?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, balletboot said:

I do like the look of all of those jackets. But i have very broad shoulders and havnt found a womens jacket that is even close to fitting. Im probly going to have to find a mens jacket.

Have you ever considered knitted/fitted tops instead then. There are a lot of very heavy weight styles that are great in winter, and there are lighter ones for summer. Sleeveless options and sleeved as well. Very broadly I'm thinking sleeved, stretchy top, no collars but zip front full length, so its fitted all over your top half and has a stretch to keep it snug. The winter weight ones are snug but warm and are usually lined with a polyester/nylon similar to a slip. I have 2 that are peplumed and look great with a pencil skirt - and would enhance your look so well. Fitted top, and the peplum popping out on you hip quite a bit, then tight over your bottom/thighs from your pencil skirt, lean legs and pumps - will look polished!  I'll post some pics of the style of top - just a couple - but they are stretchy and would fit - especially if you tried them on and got the right size - it might be as simple as buying a size up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok here are some pics of two of my peplum tops with a fitted skirt as example outfits using a stretchy peplum top.

Black long sleeve fitted peplum top....quite stretchy - designed to bi figure fitting and pop out from your waist (above tuummy button). Peplum ends above your bottom so that the pencil/fitted skirt can do its work.

from front on:

large_img1.jpg.32e407f2ade3e1a80735ba4b66f4352d.jpg

from behind below :

large_img2.jpg.fea398dd7aa2df686e6e2f6a3c4db513.jpg

 

Sleeveless houndstooth peplum top as another example... front on below

large_img4.jpg.4d41535746746d16d2389b8bbeeb44b9.jpg

 

Sleeveless houndstooth peplum top as another example... back on below

large_img3.jpg.01775384afe2bbf6872c0812d203d707.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delightful outfits. You have a serious flair for fashion.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its been awhile. The otk boots i ordered back in december, were to big on my leg and kept slouching so i decided to return them. (Sorry no pics) 

I didn't get around to returning them untill yesterday. Which was also my first time back out since before the holidays. I wish i made it out sooner but with the holidays and a new job this month ive been pretty busy.

But none the less i did get out to the mall wearing my aldo heels, very sheer black pantyhose, above the knee pencil skirt with a long slit in the back, paired with a button up shirt and my pea-coat. 

I went to aldo and returned the boots and tried on a pair of black strappy platform sandals with about a 5inch heel. They were cute and comfy but i didnt really like the way the platform felt when walking so i moved on. The mall was pretty empty so i wondered around and went into all the womens clothing stores looking for anything that might catch my eye. Tried on a couple dresses that i thought would look good with a jacket over them but somehow talked myself out of buying them. Tried on some pants but didnt really like they way they fit. And i tried on a bunch of different skirts and im really drawn to the shorter mini skirts, i almost bought a black and white striped frilly layered mini skirt but thought i wont actually wear this... and now that im home im thinking i might go back and buy it.

Can't wait to get out again!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for you, @balletboot - sounds like it was a wonderful outing. Keep it up and enjoy the shopping too :cheeky:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 3:38 AM, balletboot said:

So its been awhile. The otk boots i ordered back in december, were to big on my leg and kept slouching so i decided to return them. (Sorry no pics) 

I didn't get around to returning them untill yesterday. Which was also my first time back out since before the holidays. I wish i made it out sooner but with the holidays and a new job this month ive been pretty busy.

But none the less i did get out to the mall wearing my aldo heels, very sheer black pantyhose, above the knee pencil skirt with a long slit in the back, paired with a button up shirt and my pea-coat. 

I went to aldo and returned the boots and tried on a pair of black strappy platform sandals with about a 5inch heel. They were cute and comfy but i didnt really like the way the platform felt when walking so i moved on. The mall was pretty empty so i wondered around and went into all the womens clothing stores looking for anything that might catch my eye. Tried on a couple dresses that i thought would look good with a jacket over them but somehow talked myself out of buying them. Tried on some pants but didnt really like they way they fit. And i tried on a bunch of different skirts and im really drawn to the shorter mini skirts, i almost bought a black and white striped frilly layered mini skirt but thought i wont actually wear this... and now that im home im thinking i might go back and buy it.

Can't wait to get out again!

 

Short mini skirts are good for summer, unless you have thick tights for them... pencil skirts are sophisticated, sexy and practical, I like a generous slit at the back to show off my legs too, plus it's practical if it's a little tight :cheeky: stockings are a nice change from pantyhose too and look great with pencil skirts, I find them more practical too if nature calls as I hate the "tights dance" afterwards...

Looking forward to read the next instalment though a picture paints a thousand words :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back and bought the black and white skirt i was talking about. I went in wearing my supper skinny jeans plaid shirt and aldo heels.

The shirt im wearing doesnt go well with the skirt at all. But it went alot better with the jeans i wore into the store.. i also tried this other knee length skirt but didnt buy it as it was still $60

20180117_203311.jpg

20180117_203353.jpg

20180117_203421.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, balletboot said:

I

20180117_203311.jpg

Love this skirt on you!

Would also love to have seen you in the skinny's!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Love this skirt on you!

Would also love to have seen you in the skinny's!

 

15 hours ago, balletboot said:

I went back and bought the black and white skirt i was talking about. I went in wearing my supper skinny jeans plaid shirt and aldo heels.

The shirt im wearing doesnt go well with the skirt at all. But it went alot better with the jeans i wore into the store.. i also tried this other knee length skirt but didnt buy it as it was still $60

20180117_203311.jpg

Please tell me this is the skirt you went and bought... :pulsingheart: Love it to bits, so sophisticated :pulsingheart:

Balletboots, I have a bit of an awkward question to pose... how do you get such an... erm lovely, flat front profile of your skirt? I've tried underwear a size smaller but still get a bit of an er, uneven profile unless the skirt is tight enough around my thighs :blush: but I digress... I was hoping that isn't a nasty rash on your right ankle :shocked: might need darker tights :cheeky: 

Love the pumps too :)

 

 

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@balletboot hey your outfits and skirts are giving my girlfriend ideas...

In another thread I am detailing a trip we are planning where I will be wearing high heels most of the time, she wants to try for 24/7 high heel wearing (we'll see), you see the details on my thread. 

One of the premises of the trip is that she has full decision power on my footwear, she chooses what and when I wear on my feet. Now after seeing this thread she wants full authority on all my wardrobe... she loved the pencil skirt and just told me I will be wearing a few skirts and dresses, girl jeans, and her the final evil grin emoticon :evil1: (not letting me in further on her ideas), this weekend, maybe even starting tonight to see how it goes and how do I look, her words and her threat...

You sir have created a monster, lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, balletboot said:

I went back and bought the black and white skirt i was talking about. I went in wearing my supper skinny jeans plaid shirt and aldo heels.

The shirt im wearing doesnt go well with the skirt at all. But it went alot better with the jeans i wore into the store.. i also tried this other knee length skirt but didnt buy it as it was still $60

20180117_203311.jpg

20180117_203353.jpg

20180117_203421.jpg

I would have bought both!!!!  They are both awesome.   Where are you shopping??? Express?    I always stop there 9132A1FD-8599-4D9B-9531-00FD4C38F779.thumb.jpeg.eab66e0d0939c82846909d2aba89b565.jpeg

92060515-B890-4228-BF1A-82FDC6DA8EE2.jpeg

95FE88BA-C58D-4DEF-A45C-9E0CAA86B262.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

I was hoping that isn't a nasty rash on your right ankle :shocked: might need darker tights :cheeky: 

That looks like the reflection of the camera/cell phone. You can see the it in the other photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

 

 

I bought the other one. But i do really like this skirt. Im gonna wait for the price to drop.

And on your other question i find that pantyhose works best for me. If you want further info feel free to message me. (Im not sure how many people want to read that particular info)

7 hours ago, heelguypa said:

@balletboot hey your outfits and skirts are giving my girlfriend ideas...

In another thread I am detailing a trip we are planning where I will be wearing high heels most of the time, she wants to try for 24/7 high heel wearing (we'll see), you see the details on my thread. 

One of the premises of the trip is that she has full decision power on my footwear, she chooses what and when I wear on my feet. Now after seeing this thread she wants full authority on all my wardrobe... she loved the pencil skirt and just told me I will be wearing a few skirts and dresses, girl jeans, and her the final evil grin emoticon :evil1: (not letting me in further on her ideas), this weekend, maybe even starting tonight to see how it goes and how do I look, her words and her threat...

You sir have created a monster, lol

Glad i can be some help. 

You are very lucky that your girlfriend is so accepting. Mine only knows about my heels and not that i wear them in public, let alone while wearing skinny jeans or skirts. Right now that wouldnt go over well. I hope some day i can go out dressed up with her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAT said:

I would have bought both!!!!  They are both awesome.   Where are you shopping??? Express?    I always stop there 

 

Yes that was at express. They have some pretty good stuff!

1 hour ago, Cali said:

That looks like the reflection of the camera/cell phone. You can see the it in the other photos.

Yea its a reflection or something on the mirror. I didnt notice it when i was taking the pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, balletboot said:

I bought the other one. But i do really like this skirt. Im gonna wait for the price to drop.

And on your other question i find that pantyhose works best for me. If you want further info feel free to message me. 

Thanks for the advice, sorry for the inappropriate question, I will go with a size smaller tights. You might be able to find that Express skirt on ebay at a lower price, you never know (someone bought wrong size, store selling surplus stock etc.) ;)

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ending up going back to express and bought the knee length black striped skirt i posted above, as now it was in the clearance section!

I will try to post some pictures soon.

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

balletboot. your girlfriend might be a little jealous of your outfits. that's why she would not want you going out in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 2:47 AM, balletboot said:

I ending up going back to express and bought the knee length black striped skirt i posted above, as now it was in the clearance section!

A win - win in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking mighty fine in that skirt and boots CAT....

The leather jacket is a home run also....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rick24 said:

balletboot. your girlfriend might be a little jealous of your outfits. that's why she would not want you going out in them.

I wish it was that simple of a reason. Just the heels had her asking if i was gay or if i wanted to be a woman and some other things. But its none of that. 

She is fine with me wearing heels around the house now. (Since its something i enjoy) But she made it clear she was only ok with around the house not out in public.

Hopefully  once she gets more use to me in heels then maybe a public outing with her could happen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, balletboot said:

I wish it was that simple of a reason. Just the heels had her asking if i was gay or if i wanted to be a woman and some other things. But its none of that. 

She is fine with me wearing heels around the house now. (Since its something i enjoy) But she made it clear she was only ok with around the house not out in public.

Hopefully  once she gets more use to me in heels then maybe a public outing with her could happen

Keep it up, you never know!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a couple long overdue pictures of the last skirt i bought.

 Ive been real busy with a new job so i havnt had to much time to get out in heels :/

I have my first day off in a month coming up this week i am hoping to get out :)

 

20180303_204448.jpg

20180303_204322.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice ensemble of skirt , hose and pumps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alphax said:

Nice ensemble of skirt , hose and pumps!

Thanks, i need to go get some better shirt options nothing i have fits quite well enough to tuck into a skirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, balletboot said:

Thanks, i need to go get some better shirt options nothing i have fits quite well enough to tuck into a skirt

Stunning skirt - looks great with the hose and heels!

Maybe a more fitted style top?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Stunning skirt - looks great with the hose and heels!

Maybe a more fitted style top?

Yea i need to go find some that fit better. That's just what i already had at the house.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, balletboot said:

Here are a couple long overdue pictures of the last skirt i bought.

 Ive been real busy with a new job so i havnt had to much time to get out in heels :/

I have my first day off in a month coming up this week i am hoping to get out :)

 

20180303_204448.jpg

20180303_204322.jpg

That is an awesome skirt!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.