My first public heel adventure

balletboot

22 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Being more comfortable in your heels reduces your own alertness. I used to know all around me but as I have become more comfortable I have become less aware of my surroundings. My guess, people are still taking pictures, you're just not on to them. For me that's fine. I know I'm the odd character, even most women don't wear the heels I sport and not nearly as frequently. 

You are less than accurate about that. No one wears the heels you sport. Not even me. Only on Instagram. 🤣

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, pebblesf said:

I'm in the same boat, the better half teases me about wearing regular cowboy boots, much less stiletto boots.  He knows I have them, and wear them while away, it's just not spoken about.  I logged a few miles in a mall while on layover, I don't think many people noticed, except for one woman who was trying to collect change...."I liked your boots", she said, I thanked her but told her I had no cash, the conversation was over.... Oh well.  

But, I just wanted to comment about something Cali has claimed for a while.  My back has been acting up ever since Christmas time.  Lower back issues, not horrible, but surely uncomfortable.  Pain is gone after logging a few miles in my 4.5" Nine west stiletto booties.   

Great outfit, even just the shadows look nice

Love the shadow look...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, balletboot said:

It's been a busy couple months but things are finally slowing down enough to get some heeling in!

Made it out to dsw the other day and i scored these new booties!

Screenshot_20220909-215930_Instagram_compress30.jpg

THose look like very nice bootsm, although it is a bit hard to get a sense from this angle. I've always been a fan of ankle boots.

• 1 month later...

I picked up some new steve madden (kare) boots this weekend from nordstrom rack and i wore them out shopping today! 

I was originally unsure about the orange laces but after receiving 4 compliments on them just today! I don't think I will be changing them out. 

They are very comfortable I think I might have to order them in the other colors.

Screenshot_20221010-223142_Instagram_compress19.jpg

Edited by balletboot
Spelling
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, balletboot said:

I picked up some new steve madden (kare) boots this weekend from nordstrom rack and i wore them out shopping today! 

I was originally unsure about the orange laces but after receiving 4 compliments on them just today! I don't think I will be changing them out. 

They are very comfortable I think I might have to order them in the other colors.

Screenshot_20221010-223142_Instagram_compress19.jpg

Great outfit for sure

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:15 AM, Shyheels said:

THose look like very nice bootsm, although it is a bit hard to get a sense from this angle. I've always been a fan of ankle boots.

They are very comfortable, just over a 4 inch heel. Although I have noticed the heel flexes just enough that I can hear it slide/ straighten when the weight starts to be released off the heel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balletboot said:

They are very comfortable, just over a 4 inch heel. Although I have noticed the heel flexes just enough that I can hear it slide/ straighten when the weight starts to be released off the heel

That’s a bit of a worry! 

10 hours ago, balletboot said:

They are very comfortable, just over a 4 inch heel. Although I have noticed the heel flexes just enough that I can hear it slide/ straighten when the weight starts to be released off the heel.

Is it both shoes, or just one? And which way does it bend?

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Is it both shoes, or just one? And which way does it bend?

It's both shoes. And I think it flexes in towards the shoe. I can't imagine it moves more than a 1/16th -1/8th of an inch. It's very subtle but I can hear it when I release weight off the heel

20 hours ago, balletboot said:

It's both shoes. And I think it flexes in towards the shoe. I can't imagine it moves more than a 1/16th -1/8th of an inch. It's very subtle but I can hear it when I release weight off the heel

If it's both, I guess it might be all right. Perhaps the shank is a little more flexible than one would like. I've never had a Steve Madden catastrophically fail on me, but then I haven't really ever put a pair through any kind of endurance test, either. All of my Maddens are dressier, flimsier shoes than what I would normally put serious miles on. Your boots look like they could easily do some serious mileage, so I guess time will tell! Keep an eye on how the heel tips are wearing compared to your other shoes, that will tell you a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If it's both, I guess it might be all right. Perhaps the shank is a little more flexible than one would like. I've never had a Steve Madden catastrophically fail on me, but then I haven't really ever put a pair through any kind of endurance test, either. All of my Maddens are dressier, flimsier shoes than what I would normally put serious miles on. Your boots look like they could easily do some serious mileage, so I guess time will tell! Keep an eye on how the heel tips are wearing compared to your other shoes, that will tell you a lot.

Oh it's not the steve madden boots those are rock solid. It's the black ankle booties that are a lower quality brand. I didn't notice it in the store on carpet but once on a smooth surface I noticed.

I might just try changing to a better heel tip see if that helps.

6 hours ago, bambam said:

I have a pair of Stuart Weitzman I just got, and the heel flexes. I wonder if it's like a boat, where flexing is better than rigidity, to a point...

Other than the sound and the heel tip wearing out quicker from it springing back straight every step I'm sure it's not to big of a deal. Just more of an annoyance.

21 hours ago, balletboot said:

Oh it's not the steve madden boots those are rock solid. It's the black ankle booties that are a lower quality brand. I didn't notice it in the store on carpet but once on a smooth surface I noticed.

I might just try changing to a better heel tip see if that helps.

Switching to Vibram or similar heel tips will get rid of the noise, but it will not affect the fundamental problem. Glad to hear your Maddens are sound. I evidently did not read the previous posts carefully enough.

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Switching to Vibram or similar heel tips will get rid of the noise, but it will not affect the fundamental problem. Glad to hear your Maddens are sound. I evidently did not read the previous posts carefully enough.

Agreed it will not fix the problem but it should be alittle piece of mind untill if/when the problem gets worse