My first public heel adventure

balletboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Great look there!!!

Hows the girlfriend these days? Has she learnt tolerance of you in heels yet? 

Thanks!

Sadly no there hasnt been any change on her opinion of me in heels. I'm still trying to find a good way to explain/show her that they are just shoes and no one cares that I'm wearing them.

Its not like she doesnt love heels herself she probably has 50 pairs. Most of which are 4" or higher.

Maybe someday I'll find a way to change her mind or atleast find a way for her to tolerate it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm in the same boat, the better half teases me about wearing regular cowboy boots, much less stiletto boots.  He knows I have them, and wear them while away, it's just not spoken about.  I logged a few miles in a mall while on layover, I don't think many people noticed, except for one woman who was trying to collect change...."I liked your boots", she said, I thanked her but told her I had no cash, the conversation was over.... Oh well.  

But, I just wanted to comment about something Cali has claimed for a while.  My back has been acting up ever since Christmas time.  Lower back issues, not horrible, but surely uncomfortable.  Pain is gone after logging a few miles in my 4.5" Nine west stiletto booties.   

19 hours ago, balletboot said:

Today was a nice sunny day and I had a few errands to run so I wore my aldo booties and had some fun enjoying my shadows. These are a few screenshots from a video I took!

20220123_001344_compress82.jpg

20220123_001455_compress39.jpg

20220123_001322_compress22.jpg

Great outfit, even just the shadows look nice

• Like 4

I had a major injury years ago, spent significant time in hospitals and years recovering. I'm held together with many pieces of titanium.  My "pain" comes from a bone spur from that injury that they don't want to go in and fix.

Years ago I determine that my knee and ankle problems came from ill-fitting men's shoes.  Men's shoes just are NOT designed for my feet.  I've had very little problems since I switched to women's shoe. My orthopedic doctors agree that I need to have at least a 2.5 inch heel too.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I had a major injury years ago, spent significant time in hospitals and years recovering. I'm held together with many pieces of titanium.  My "pain" comes from a bone spur from that injury that they don't want to go in and fix.

Years ago I determine that my knee and ankle problems came from ill-fitting men's shoes.  Men's shoes just are NOT designed for my feet.  I've had very little problems since I switched to women's shoe. My orthopedic doctors agree that I need to have at least a 2.5 inch heel too.

I had a similar experience when I pulled my hamstring a few years ago. It hurt all the time and I was limping for months, one day I put on a pair of heels at home and suddenly my hamstring barely hurt and I didn't have to limp anymore. 

Let's just say that was the most amount of time I've spent in heels 😄

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 2

My hip has hurt ever since that injury, and I have been on pain killers ever since.  Over a decade later, I had a very large tear in my calf.  They wanted me to raise my heel 3-4 inches to heal.  But because of the previous injury, I had to raise both heels the same height.  So I told the doctor I was going to try high heels and he only said "no stilettos."   That afternoon I went to a DSW and got my first 4 inch heels.  Put them on that night and I could walk (1 minute to learn my balance).  While I was in heels my friends noticed I wasn't complaining about my hip.  Six months later, I tried to go back to my regular shoes (1.5 to 2 inch heels and running shoes) but my hip pain returned.  I have been in heels ever since.  My hip will tell me when I haven't been in heels long enough.

But that's why I can be so bold about wearing heels almost everywhere, I really have no choice.  If I'm going to wear heels, I might as well enjoy and have fun with it.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

I manage to get a second day in a row to myself! Went out sunday to a rather large shoping mall an hour or so away and did some shopping. Sadly everything was very picked though and I didn't end up finding anything.

I wore my faux leather pencil skirt and my black aldo boots! It was a fun day wandering around but now I'm on the look for some stiletto boots since I think they would have completed this outfit a little better than these block heels.

20220122_235423_compress78.jpg

• Like 9

On 1/26/2022 at 9:45 PM, balletboot said:

I manage to get a second day in a row to myself! Went out sunday to a rather large shoping mall an hour or so away and did some shopping. Sadly everything was very picked though and I didn't end up finding anything.

I wore my faux leather pencil skirt and my black aldo boots! It was a fun day wandering around but now I'm on the look for some stiletto boots since I think they would have completed this outfit a little better than these block heels.

You look great!

On 1/23/2022 at 12:23 AM, balletboot said:

Today was a nice sunny day and I had a few errands to run so I wore my aldo booties and had some fun enjoying my shadows. These are a few screenshots from a video I took!

20220123_001344_compress82.jpg

20220123_001455_compress39.jpg

20220123_001322_compress22.jpg

Great outfit, even just the shadows look nice

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 4:45 AM, balletboot said:

wow, good for you!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, balletboot said:

My boots from my quick little trip to the hardware store last weekend!IMG_20220603_105117_177.thumb.jpg.3a9cedbbc68f0c827965eb8359b3e773.jpg

Great boots, nice with the jeans, perfect for trip to hardware store!  I finally wore my new ankle boots over my levis in Home Depot and Lowes last weekend also, felt great 

It's good to get out in heels.  The more you get out and enjoy your heels, the easier and less "nerve wracking" it will become.  And sometimes it is even enjoyable.  

Nice looking shoes.  

Have fun in your heels....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

10 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Excellent casual look. Love the rush even years later of openly wearing my heels.

I so agree. Those heels are so lovely and classic. I'm never sure I should be posting as a Tgirl in the guys section. I love to be out in high heels but I never had the courage to wear them in guy mode. But I have the greatest admiration for those that do.

3 hours ago, StilettoLuv said:

I so agree. Those heels are so lovely and classic. I'm never sure I should be posting as a Tgirl in the guys section. I love to be out in high heels but I never had the courage to wear them in guy mode. But I have the greatest admiration for those that do.

I do it all the time, never an issue even empowered to some degree. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, highheel111 said:

Went out for my first adventure to a department store. was nervous and was walking around the aisles dodging people. then got the courage and went to the open area  and up the escalators. nobody said anything or even really notice except one lady who I noticed followed me for a bit I did a u turn and saw she was filming me. so I said to her if its easier I can just stand still so you can take a photo. she mumbled something about she wasn't taking a photo but I could clearly see her holding the camera up at me and with the video screen on. haha anywho was a fun thrilling day out. 

foto_no_exif-exif-remove.jpeg

You look great buddy, love the whole outfit!  So glad you had a great time, you made more progress in one day than I made in two years.  Great comeback for sure, I'm sure that shut her up.

On 6/17/2022 at 2:34 AM, highheel111 said:

Nobody said anything or even really notice except one lady who I noticed followed me for a bit I did a u turn and saw she was filming me.

This used to happen to me all the time. I did not react as well as you did, usually I whipped out my own phone and pretended to take pictures of whoever had their phone out at me. However, times have changed, and I have changed. I haven't noticed anybody trying to record my image in a long time. It probably still happens, but not like it did 5-10 years ago. Maybe I just walk better now?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This used to happen to me all the time. I did not react as well as you did, usually I whipped out my own phone and pretended to take pictures of whoever had their phone out at me. However, times have changed, and I have changed. I haven't noticed anybody trying to record my image in a long time. It probably still happens, but not like it did 5-10 years ago. Maybe I just walk better now?

Being more comfortable in your heels reduces your own alertness. I used to know all around me but as I have become more comfortable I have become less aware of my surroundings. My guess, people are still taking pictures, you're just not on to them. For me that's fine. I know I'm the odd character, even most women don't wear the heels I sport and not nearly as frequently. 

• Like 2