My first public heel adventure

balletboot

12 hours ago, balletboot said:

Got out today and did some christmas shopping and a little shoe shopping of course. 

I went out in my skinny jeans and aldo's like in the pictures above. I went to dsw, Nordstrom rack, macys and aldo looking for heels. I had to walk all the way across the mall to get from macys to aldo. As i walked into aldo the sales women was all dressed up and wearing a similar pair of heels and she immeditly said that she loved my outfit. She was all excited to help and talk with me, she was definitely giving me more attention then the other women who came in while i was there. It was a great expierence :)

They didnt have anything that really cought my eye (besides the sales lady) so i left. Stopped into a few other stores looking for a mid thigh short skirt to maybe pair with my heels. Didnt have much luck this time of year. 

All in all i was walking around shopping for about 5 hours! Had a great time, with no negative comments. Im hopefully going to get back out friday to finish up my christmas shopping wearing the same outfit :)

Wow - you walked in those heels for 5 hours!  I doubt that there is a woman on the planet that could match you on that!  Personally, there is no way - my feet would be killing me.  Very nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonC said:

Wow - you walked in those heels for 5 hours!  I doubt that there is a woman on the planet that could match you on that!  Personally, there is no way - my feet would be killing me.  Very nice!

Thanks, RonC

I was out for 5 hours but by no means standing or walking for all of it. There was probly a half hour of driving around mixed in there and maybe another 30-40 minutes of sitting down eating lunch.

Either way i was still impressed that only the tops of my toes were sore along the top edge of the toe box. I think if there wasnt such a low cut toe box then i wouldnt have been sore. But i love the toe cleavage so its all worth it! 

• Like 1

So i didn't make it to friday. I went to tjmax in my skinny jeans and heels, found a cute mini skirt about mid thigh length, only about 2 in lower than my p-coat. (First pic) i ending up changing into that in the car.

Then walked through jcpenny looking for a shorter jacket to see if i liked the look. No luck but i ended up finding a really cute tight black pencil skirt with a small slit up the back, definitely makes me take shorter strides when walking but i kinda like that im a little restricted.

One last stop looking for a jacket. Off to kohls i went, again i was to excited about the new skirt, so i changed into the pencil skirt before going into kohls. Again no luck with a jacket but i ended up finding some more cute skirts tried on a couple and ended up buying a maroonish one. 

Now im thinking im going to wear the maroonish one out tomorrow instead of my skinny jeans to finish my christmas shopping.

Screenshot_20171214-230655.jpg

Screenshot_20171214-215209.png

Screenshot_20171214-215427.png

20171214_204156.jpg

20171214_204147.jpg

• Like 9

On 11/15/2017 at 10:30 PM, Cali said:

Delicious Women's Natka Faux Suede Pointed Toe Back Lace Up High Heel Ankle Bootie * Find out more about the great product at the image link.

Delicious Women's Natka Faux Suede Pointed Toe Back Lace Up High Heel Ankle Bootie 

I was reading this thread and noticed this post. I went back to this same store two weeks later, one of my favorite stores and they had the sister to this shoe the Delicious Elowen. I have wore these to work several times. Today I was walking a piece of paper thru getting signatures and was waiting to see if it had been signed. While waiting I was asked to see the heels I had on. At work I'm known to have great heels so women and some men frequently ask to see what heels I'm wearing. Today I had on Freebird Blaze in black boots, high end leather boots. Then one of the women told me she really loved the back lace-up boots I had on last week, these Delicious Elowen.

ELOWEN-H-BK.jpg

Thanks @pebblesf

I went out today in my new maroon skirt and a black sweater, i got some more christmas shopping done and then got sidetracked in forever21 trying on some more skirts :P i also made it back into aldo since they were having a good sale. Ended up ordering a pair of over the knee boots, i cant wait for them to come in! While walking around the mall a women in her late 30s came quickly walking all the way across the hall looking right at me saying "oh my god i love your outfit! and those heels are fantastic!" I smiled,  thanked her and kept on strutting my stuff through the mall :)

I don't understand how women can think its awkward to recieve compliments. Because i absolutely love it!

Screenshot_20171215-234330.png

20171215_235527.png

20171215_235233.png

20171215_235108.png

20171215_234725.png

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 5

loving the look. Have you considered bare legs or sheer hosiery - it will look better with the skirt and pumps because you will bet more contrast on the shape of the pumps.

I see you took a pic of your reflection in a mirror while on the street - I do use reflections from windows to check my appearance as I go - and I notice a lot of women do that too.

I also like the scalloped contrasting hem on the maroon skirt - its a nice touch.

If I may say so - I think you would be better of with a more cropped jacket - tighter fitting on the top half - and flared a little - eg a peplum on the hip. Looks great with a fitted skirt ! Jacket shouldn't be lower than the top of your hip bones - say 4 inches below your tummy button (since your skirt will be sitting a couple of inches above your tummy button - or very close to that)

or a longer jacket designed to go over a skirt- a 3/4 length jacket that buttons to the waist only and flares out in the lower half?

Anyhow - great work - enjoy the journey !

• Like 1

On 04/11/2017 at 11:28 AM, CAT said:

So very true.  When I am out in Chicago on display in front of a million people shopping and dinning with them on Michigan Ave hardly anyone notices.  I stayed at a hotel a couple of weeks ago with my GF for a weekend getaway wore leggings and boots or this outfit right out of the hotel to shop and dinner, the few that noticed said I looked awesome or fantastic outfit. 

A27CC205-EAA8-43CB-BB08-8C56A32B493F.jpeg

F01DC83F-A8A0-43AB-99B3-5637C1B5F382.jpeg

0BF24162-D52C-46D8-BCE8-B949655B0D6A.jpeg

45348447-B585-4A13-8DD0-2B0AAAE110F4.jpeg

You are killing it with this skirt, Cat ☆☆☆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, balletboot said:

Thanks @pebblesf

I went out today in my new maroon skirt and a black sweater, i got some more christmas shopping done and then got sidetracked in forever21 trying on some more skirts :P i also made it back into aldo since they were having a good sale. Ended up ordering a pair of over the knee boots, i cant wait for them to come in! While walking around the mall a women in her late 30s came quickly walking all the way across the hall looking right at me saying "oh my god i love your outfit! and those heels are fantastic!" I smiled,  thanked her and kept on strutting my stuff through the mall :)

I don't understand how women can think its awkward to recieve compliments. Because i absolutely love it!

20171215_235527.png

20171215_235233.png

20171215_235108.png

20171215_234725.png

Loving this look, Balletboot! Such a lovely skirt, looks very cute. Love your pumps as well, but for me it has to be boots in this weather :P

• Like 2

Well done, balletboot! Your outfits are absolutely fabulous! No wonder you got a compliment! Your style is top notch!

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 12/14/2017 at 10:10 PM, balletboot said:

So i didn't make it to friday. I went to tjmax in my skinny jeans and heels, found a cute mini skirt about mid thigh length, only about 2 in lower than my p-coat. (First pic) i ending up changing into that in the car.

Then walked through jcpenny looking for a shorter jacket to see if i liked the look. No luck but i ended up finding a really cute tight black pencil skirt with a small slit up the back, definitely makes me take shorter strides when walking but i kinda like that im a little restricted.

One last stop looking for a jacket. Off to kohls i went, again i was to excited about the new skirt, so i changed into the pencil skirt before going into kohls. Again no luck with a jacket but i ended up finding some more cute skirts tried on a couple and ended up buying a maroonish one. 

Now im thinking im going to wear the maroonish one out tomorrow instead of my skinny jeans to finish my christmas shopping.

20171214_204156.jpg

20171214_204147.jpg

You are looking absolutely FABULOUS!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Loving this look, Balletboot! Such a lovely skirt, looks very cute. Love your pumps as well, but for me it has to be boots in this weather :P

Fantastic shoping outfits!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

loving the look. Have you considered bare legs or sheer hosiery - it will look better with the skirt and pumps because you will bet more contrast on the shape of the pumps.

I see you took a pic of your reflection in a mirror while on the street - I do use reflections from windows to check my appearance as I go - and I notice a lot of women do that too.

I also like the scalloped contrasting hem on the maroon skirt - its a nice touch.

If I may say so - I think you would be better of with a more cropped jacket - tighter fitting on the top half - and flared a little - eg a peplum on the hip. Looks great with a fitted skirt ! Jacket shouldn't be lower than the top of your hip bones - say 4 inches below your tummy button (since your skirt will be sitting a couple of inches above your tummy button - or very close to that)

or a longer jacket designed to go over a skirt- a 3/4 length jacket that buttons to the waist only and flares out in the lower half?

Anyhow - great work - enjoy the journey !

Ive considered sheer hosiey but i also dont really want to shave my legs, so im undecided about how the sheer hosiery looks with unshaven legs.

And ive been looking for a little bit shorter of a jacket but i havnt really found one i like. So for now im sticking with my mens p-coat. I would love one that is high enough to show more of my bum ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Amazing, @balletboot - Love your outfits, and those new skirts are stunning on you - you have the prefect figure! 

Look forward to seeing those boots you ordered!! 

I will have to go to the store to pick them up. So of couse ill dress up when i go get them and try them on in the store!

I will deffinitly keep you all updated :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, balletboot said:

Thanks @pebblesf

20171215_235527.png

20171215_235233.png

20171215_235108.png

20171215_234725.png

Try burberry peacoat... cost might be prohibited but it will complete any outfit. 

https://ca.burberry.com/wool-cashmere-trench-coat-p40192031

Dark forest green coat will match up well with the skirt. You can change up wearing dark blue skirt and burgundy opaque pantyhose.

Few examples you maybe interested in. a8cb6e19249db82602d4fa656f5bd7c450ea97a9.thumb.jpeg.98910f47ba38c9ddbb9a9db89c21cdbb.jpeg

Here is me in a sweater dress can work well with dark hose as you see here. 569b07ea2cdcf_FullSizeRender(14).thumb.jpg.46128216023a11018af39879f74df5d3.jpgimage4xxl.thumb.jpg.f366a0186062e2c25490ab8881b23b7f.jpgimage1xl.jpg.f2cd419227cdbbac0e402959dfd9adfc.jpg

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 11:10 PM, balletboot said:

20171214_204156.jpg

20171214_204147.jpg

This is the motivation I need to lose weight!

• Like 2

balletboot. I'm sure you have heard women and and young women say things like./ I hate that the fact he walks better in heels than I ever could./ or his figure and dress code puts me to shame, and women that seen you wear your style. a week later they are wearing the same style that you where wearing last week. many heeling wearing men have said that women who spotted them in public wearing heels have then been seen wearing the same style of shoe or boot that the guy was wearing last time. I don't know why women make everything into a competition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick24 said:

balletboot. I'm sure you have heard women and and young women say things like./ I hate that the fact he walks better in heels than I ever could./ or his figure and dress code puts me to shame, and women that seen you wear your style. a week later they are wearing the same style that you where wearing last week. many heeling wearing men have said that women who spotted them in public wearing heels have then been seen wearing the same style of shoe or boot that the guy was wearing last time. I don't know why women make everything into a competition.

I hear this all the time as well. But my colleagues know better than that (make it into a competition) as they know I have many more heels than they have and have no chance of coming close

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick24 said:

Your so right..... When i outfit myself at times impeccably as some women have told me. If i see a woman i personally don't know but is seen as egotistical fashionista of sorts, wearing nice outfits. If she looks stunned staring upon my outfit i try not to show any reaction only being aware i'm being stared upon. When i see the same woman again next day she attires similar colour theme as i did previously. Often i find it compliment although the woman copying the style or colour choice in some poorly done way, i get amused. Even though the said woman would never admit she is envious or compliment my attire at any given day. 

Worst of my experiences have woman mocked the colour of my outfit and belittled voicing their opinions to others in my presence. Then few weeks pass and noticed them wearing exact same thing. Only when she notices me remembers the mocking attitude of the said outfit and feels ashamed or embarrassment of being so wrong. 

As for competition women do trying outfit other gals is stupid. Yet when some females try it with me they often are at a losing end, while others i know they have unlimited bank account and afford shop being that is all they do as hobby. 

Balletboots, the heels i was wearing shown in my picture album Calvin Klein http://www.calvinklein.us/en/laneige-lace-up-bootie-81304357

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rick24 said:

I've also had women comment to me on how I wear heels better than them. However, it has to be taken into consideration that there are women whom, for whatever reason, rarely, if ever bother with heels, so they're surprised at seeing men do what they probably can't, or can't do well. As for the competition angle, if a woman feels she needs to top me, A MAN when it comes to clothes I wasn't born to wear and don't have a fraction as much experience with as women have, that means I'm doing things right when it comes to displaying my sense of style and women acknowledge my skill by wanting to compete with me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 12/17/2017 at 3:48 AM, balletboot said:

Ive considered sheer hosiey but i also dont really want to shave my legs, so im undecided about how the sheer hosiery looks with unshaven legs.

And ive been looking for a little bit shorter of a jacket but i havnt really found one i like. So for now im sticking with my mens p-coat. I would love one that is high enough to show more of my bum ;)

Hi Balletboot,

I took some pics of some of the jackets I've got and chucked them in an album called Jackets. Here are some of my jackets that you could use as ideas and get some of your own locally because these jackets are all pretty common styles etc...

large.bei_crp_1.jpg.46fd08481ae7ab83ec1707c6c78c2367.jpglarge.blk_lng_jkt.jpg.d5fd466887e0ae7884aa0186f74524dc.jpglarge.blk_v_1.jpg.a2b56547653a9f1636606ff405469f1b.jpglarge.blk_frm_3.jpg.b1c0e8a1496b41d2178b738851dc1b79.jpglarge.dst_pnk_1.jpg.52d2f0ef9967031bccfe8ca43c6021b8.jpglarge.str_1.jpg.c43faeb275de1cd7fce79bb730e7035d.jpglarge.pnk_1.jpg.b79411c8490ed0af8158ca7c024545bb.jpglarge.pal_blu_2.jpg.22cd99b0666b4044bfa92edb3a557a81.jpglarge.gry_crp_2.jpg.13c7c486b27ea0a3954878c14bb09252.jpglarge.longjacket.jpg.cce6d7fed5ccaf258c9b698088e5a1fc.jpglarge.gry_2.jpg.65d648d9ba7e6e310e5b9f6d9ccbad93.jpglarge.gry_crp_1.jpg.a65f3c3756b812758d2c07c2a195cae3.jpglarge.pnk_3.jpg.b2c59b703b001eab7e16c43af4237cbf.jpglarge.pnk_4.jpg.f0255df41660eaba49a62075e83a5bbb.jpglarge.blk_v_3.jpg.bfc4cf9dc8b2e0aabcf5db6e82959f56.jpg

cheers

Heel-Lover

• Like 3