My first public heel adventure

balletboot

1 hour ago, balletboot said:

@Jeremy1986 im looking for a basic black leather pump and or black leather boot probly ankle to calf height. Both preferably in the 4.25 to 5 inch heel range. The booties i have now are a 4 inch heel and i would like something a little taller without a platform. Also im not really a fan of the chunky heel i tend to like the stiletto look much much more.

Before yesterday i havnt really started looking

Great job buddy!  It sure is frustrating seeing nice heels while shopping only to find out they don't have larger sizes....

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Great job buddy!  It sure is frustrating seeing nice heels while shopping only to find out they don't have larger sizes....

Yes it is. Although Macys, DSW and Aldo said they could order size 11 in any shoe the stock. I was just hoping to walk out with something that day.

• Like 1

It happens that you try on 20 shoes and none fit right. It just means you need to go out again (and again and again).  Good news (also bad news) is inventory is always changing.

I tried on 30 to 40 shoes over the pass two months; found one pair that fit and bought two pairs. On Monday I visited my favorite store. Tried on the booties below in Size 10, slightly too tight; tried on the size 11, too big... Oh well, the hunt goes on and on and on ....

Delicious Women's Natka Faux Suede Pointed Toe Back Lace Up High Heel Ankle Bootie * Find out more about the great product at the image link.

Delicious Women's Natka Faux Suede Pointed Toe Back Lace Up High Heel Ankle Bootie 
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, balletboot said:

@Jeremy1986 im looking for a basic black leather pump and or black leather boot probly ankle to calf height. Both preferably in the 4.25 to 5 inch heel range. The booties i have now are a 4 inch heel and i would like something a little taller without a platform. Also im not really a fan of the chunky heel i tend to like the stiletto look much much more.

Before yesterday i havnt really started looking

Those should be quite easy to find.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

6 hours ago, balletboot said:

Yes they should be. i will probly just have to order some since im struggling to find anything around here over 4 inches without a platform.

It can be difficult to get over 4 inches, as I've found, and also more than a four inch 'lift' with platforms. I got a couple of pairs of platforms in local shops with about a 4.5 inch lift but that seems the maximum.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hi Jeremy

you can have a look to Peter chu” 6 inches for ever”. They have a pair of booties with a 14,5 cm heels( size43) 

really nice  .They need to break in because of a thick leather  after: perfect  

or Extrem heels in  Spain. A little bit higher(15,5 cm)  very comfy 

then if you are to try really high: Italian Heels  16,5 cms but very comfy and surprisingly walkable   This last pair are my home shoes  you have a pic in my album  

hope you find  

happy if I can help 

Pierre 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well over the weekend with all the black friday deal going on i bought a pair of black leather pumps at aldo (stessy). Just waiting for them to come in as i had to order my size in the black leather. I got to try them on in the store but they only had patent nude in my size.

After that i was wondering around macys and ended up buying a pair of levi's super skinny jeans. Im thinking that once the shoes come in im going to try and make that the next outfit i get out in!

I will post some picture once they come in :)

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, balletboot said:

Well over the weekend with all the black friday deal going on i bought a pair of black leather pumps at aldo (stessy). Just waiting for them to come in as i had to order my size in the black leather. I got to try them on in the store but they only had patent nude in my size.

After that i was wondering around macys and ended up buying a pair of levi's super skinny jeans. Im thinking that once the shoes come in im going to try and make that the next outfit i get out in!

I will post some picture once they come in :)

Yeah buddy, cant wait to see you in those killer levis!

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:41 AM, balletboot said:

When i ordered my aldos i also ordered a pair of nine west from macys. The aldos were a better fit a way better looking.

So went to macys to return them. I decided to wear my new aldos with my new super skinny jeans, black t and peacoat. Besides the cashier and the one woman trying on shoes i dont think anyone even noticed. The aldos are almost silent compared to my booties i have.

All in all it was a nerve wacking trip since it was my first time in skinny jeans and heels in public. But it was also fun and exciting. 

Here is a picture i took in macys. Ignore the filthy mirror.

20171201_172356.jpg

wow, @balletboot - you look amazing in this outfit, and the hose are perfect too! Well done!

• Like 4

On 2017-12-01 at 5:41 PM, balletboot said:

When i ordered my aldos i also ordered a pair of nine west from macys. The aldos were a better fit a way better looking.

So went to macys to return them. I decided to wear my new aldos with my new super skinny jeans, black t and peacoat. Besides the cashier and the one woman trying on shoes i dont think anyone even noticed. The aldos are almost silent compared to my booties i have.

All in all it was a nerve wacking trip since it was my first time in skinny jeans and heels in public. But it was also fun and exciting. 

20171201_172356.jpg

Great try, very bold. Wear similar skinny jeans also. In my circumstance I get a few raised eyebrows from older 50 something females recognizing the fit head to toe scans. 

Must of been fun outing for you indeed congratulations!

Surprising how few people notice what your wearing. Often people are self absorbed when shopping  ignoring you or me as generic background noise. People focus attention with one part of our body. One part being upper torso secondly  lower of our body less often people focus on our entire body head to toe. Some people stare down only passing by seeing your lower half legs and heels presume your a lady. Others just stare the upper body, hips, face, assume your just ordinary guy in peacoat unaware of your lower half. 

Only way to change that is blend a more contouring outerwear jacket that flows with your lower body. Easier said then done with the regards to male outerwear. Most jackets for men are styled in a boxie cut  design with disregard for cut and flow of your entire body. 

Finding a better outer jacket can make the whole outfit look spectacular. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

Finding a better outer jacket can make the whole outfit look spectacular. 

Yea i was kinda thinking of looking for a different jacket. But right now its what i have so it will have to work.

I personally like that male/ female mixed outfits. 

And for sure I would have notice you! My first glance is always for the face and then the shoes. 

Or the opposite if some heel noise had catch my attention. 

You look really great !  

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 4:41 PM, balletboot said:

20171201_172356.jpg

Very nice look - as several have stated, you have the shape for the outfit and it looks great on you.  Congrats for having the gumption to go out in public in that outfit.  I'd kind of look like an egg on stilts if I tried that...lol.

Also, I absolutely love the toe cleavage on those heels!  Too bad Aldo doesn't make size 12 US.  I'd have to have a pair if they did.

Very cool, balletboot!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, balletboot said:

@RonC thank you for your kind words.

I love the toe cleavage on these as well! They are actually quite comfortable even though the toe box is pretty small with a very pointed toe. 

I have quite a few pairs from ALDO.  You describe them very well.  And I agree they are comfortable.

Henri

Made it out again today! 

Small trip to the hardware store to get some parts for the snowblower. I wore my new aldo's under my regular jeans. I didnt even see anyone notice them today.

Here are a few pics

20171211_152952.jpg

20171211_153005.jpg

20171211_153018.jpg

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 4

Very cool - I just don't quite have the stones for a pair of pumps like those yet.  Maybe some day!

Likely not obvious that someone noticed them, but if they do, I would guess that 99% of people would simply look and not make any kind of fuss about it.  Think about seeing someone from say 30 feet away, where your glance gets the entire person - would be pretty hard to not see the shoes.  But they are not going to come running over to you laughing or stand there and point, hoot and holler.  They will see what they will see, and go on their merry way!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonC said:

Very cool - I just don't quite have the stones for a pair of pumps like those yet.  Maybe some day!

Likely not obvious that someone noticed them, but if they do, I would guess that 99% of people would simply look and not make any kind of fuss about it.  Think about seeing someone from say 30 feet away, where your glance gets the entire person - would be pretty hard to not see the shoes.  But they are not going to come running over to you laughing or stand there and point, hoot and holler.  They will see what they will see, and go on their merry way!

@RonC just listen to everything you just said to me.. just wear those pumps out! "Everyone will go on their merry way!"

2 hours ago, RonC said:

2 hours ago, RonC said:

This has been my experience.  Simple fact!  Once "YOU" get used to openly wearing them, you'll quit looking for, or noticing any reaction from people around you.  Confidence comes, and apprehension disappears, with experience. Experience comes from wearing your heels in public.  While you probably will experience some uncomfortable moments (mostly in your own mind) at first, these moments will subside as you gain confidence and act and walk more naturally while wearing them.  It won't be long before you're heels will just be another pair of shoes.  That's when openly wearing "girls shoes"  becomes pure joy.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

balletboot,

What the members have laid out for you is exactly the way it plays out. At first you are nervous because you are convinced you are doing something perverted or illegal when all you're doing is wearing what you want in public. When you do this, and the proverbial bogeyman never materializes, you realize you were worrying about nothing. When that happens your confidence grows and will keep growing each time until those mental obstacles are no more. The last advice from Bubba136 is perhaps the best. He has been here a long time and does his heeling in South Carolina which is not exactly New York City and thrives anyway. S.C. is the "Land of Beautiful Places and Smiling Faces".  That's what you want. Go about your business and enjoy the landscape YOUR way and the smiles will emerge. Many of our male members never had anyone compliment them until they were seen in heels.  How ironic. Life is full of things like that. You live just once so go out and and have as much fun as you can and see and hear as much as possible in the footwear of your choice.  HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Got out today and did some christmas shopping and a little shoe shopping of course. 

I went out in my skinny jeans and aldo's like in the pictures above. I went to dsw, Nordstrom rack, macys and aldo looking for heels. I had to walk all the way across the mall to get from macys to aldo. As i walked into aldo the sales women was all dressed up and wearing a similar pair of heels and she immeditly said that she loved my outfit. She was all excited to help and talk with me, she was definitely giving me more attention then the other women who came in while i was there. It was a great expierence :)

They didnt have anything that really cought my eye (besides the sales lady) so i left. Stopped into a few other stores looking for a mid thigh short skirt to maybe pair with my heels. Didnt have much luck this time of year. 

All in all i was walking around shopping for about 5 hours! Had a great time, with no negative comments. Im hopefully going to get back out friday to finish up my christmas shopping wearing the same outfit :)

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 1