My first public heel adventure

balletboot

19 hours ago, balletboot said:

First time out in heels was a huge sucess. I wish i would have done this sooner!

Hi @balletboot

well done. The 1st step is the hardest.

and you quickly realise there are no physical barriers to get around. No footwear police. No anything.

The sales staff see it all the time. 

Our barriers are of our own making for so called conformity!

Well done

• Like 3

Regards

James

Way to go!  Exhilarating but nerve wracking at the same time!  It does get easier.  I've been that guy sitting in the parking lot, and finally saying screw it - just get out and do it!  

• Like 1

Good job! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. It gets easier each time, and pretty soon you'll be wondering why you're not getting noticed! Where are the compliments? Truth is, people don't notice or if they do, for the most part they don't care. There are a lot weirder things out there than a guy in heels.

Keep on with the outings and post about your progress! And practice walking outdoors so you become proficient. It's not the same as walking around in your house. The more graceful you can present yourself, the more confident you'll become!

Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, balletboot said:

Thanks for all the great replies. I don't actually have a picture of the outfit i wore out but i will post the only picture i have on my phone. Next time i will try and get some better pictures!

20171101_171547.jpg

Very cute heels! Well done

Make the next venture soon! 

Great trouser boots. I've sat on a bench in 4.5 inch stilettos, and no one appeared to notice, even when I stretched my feet out. The same in some rather noisy thin wedges I have.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Great to hear that your first public walk in heels! It's cool taking that first walk in public.I was just like you the first time, was so nervous that someone would call me out on wearing heels.

Now wearing heels in public is an almost daily wearing of heels in public. The only time I don't wear heels is at work. But when  I shop at stores like Wal-Mart, Kohls or other places, I wear heels. And my heels are not low heels. My heels are between 4 to 5 inches for normal wear. Women are most responsive to them, some are complimentary on my heels or simply smile. Older women might just look and look away. Guys tend to be oblivious to the heels or just don't say anything.

Good luck on your continued forays in public wearing your heels. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't wear heels. Wear them proudly and confidently.

• Like 5

balletboot,

Way to go!! You came from the shadows of obscurity and stepped into the light of actively enjoying life. Your experience is very typical of many here who ventured out for the first time. They found, as you just have, the biggest demons were the psychological hurdles you placed there. Any gestures or comments are likely to be very positive and from women. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Just never forget to fuse all your future heeled experiences with confidence. This is what makes it all work for all of us! HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Well i got out again tonight. (same outfit)

i went shopping at kohls and tjmax, i didn't see anyone notice me click clacking around. I was headed home and remembered i also needed to stop by walmart. i was going to change into sneakers in the parking lot because walmart is uaually pretty busy, but when i pulled in the was only about 10 cars in the lot. So i decided to go in in my heels. I picked up the few things i needed and headed to cash out. On my way out a women alittle younger than me probably early 20s stoped me and told me she loved my shoes! I was so nervous as she was the first person to talk to me/really notice, but the nerves quickly turned into a very happy "Thank you!" After that i paid and left. 

I never knew how great a compliment could feel!

Adventure #2 also successful! :)

• Like 5

Ok, you're hooked now! LOL Glad you got a compliment. That goes a long way to building confidence. Some people DO notice, but it's likely that comments will be positive (except for teenager in packs, but they don't count). Wear with pride. It's addicting!

Steve

• Like 1

Well done! It's exhilarating, isn't it?! Hoping people won't say anything but then rather disappointed if they don't! I've never had anyone comment, and I've been wearing heels all day most days for about three years. As most here have come to realise, most people don't even notice, and the rest don't care. I do wish I'd get a compliment, though. Perhaps I need to wear stilettos more regularly, but I live in a small town, and tongues would wag even more than they probably do now, and my wife wouldn't like it. She's OK with my wedges, although she's not too comfortable around the ones I'm wearing today - 4 inch very thin wedges that make quite a row as I walk.

Edited by Tacchi Alti
clarification
  • Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Glad to hear you are getting out in heels :)

it it is funny how we start off trying to find places with less people, when that allows you to stand out. Crowded areas actually tend to be better as people are too busy doing whatever they are doing to do anything if they see someone that stands out. 

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

14 minutes ago, Rockpup said:

Glad to hear you are getting out in heels :)

it it is funny how we start off trying to find places with less people, when that allows you to stand out. Crowded areas actually tend to be better as people are too busy doing whatever they are doing to do anything if they see someone that stands out. 

So very true.  When I am out in Chicago on display in front of a million people shopping and dinning with them on Michigan Ave hardly anyone notices.  I stayed at a hotel a couple of weeks ago with my GF for a weekend getaway wore leggings and boots or this outfit right out of the hotel to shop and dinner, the few that noticed said I looked awesome or fantastic outfit. 

A27CC205-EAA8-43CB-BB08-8C56A32B493F.jpeg

F01DC83F-A8A0-43AB-99B3-5637C1B5F382.jpeg

0BF24162-D52C-46D8-BCE8-B949655B0D6A.jpeg

45348447-B585-4A13-8DD0-2B0AAAE110F4.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The first time out and about is always the most trying and sometimes difficult, but once you get past that, things inevitably become easier from there. Keep on keeping on!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a very good day of heeling!

Ive been really wanting a new pair of heels lately. So today i went shopping!

Wearing the same outfit as my last outing i decided today i was going to find some new heels. I drove to a mall about 30 minutes away and started at macys at one end of the mall. They had a good selection but the few i was interested in they didnt have my size in stock. So i walked through the mall (busiest place ive been in heels) to aldo which just happens to be at the other end of the mall. There was enough noise in the mall that my heels were no where as loud as they were in macys. As i walked into aldo, the sales lady immediately saw my shoes and smiled asking if i was looking for anything inpaticular. Again they didnt have my size in the shoes i was interested in. Although they offered to order my size. 

After that i left the store and walked back through the mall and macys to my car. Still not finding any new heels i decided to go to dsw and Nordstrom rack but again didnt really find what i was looking for. 

At this point i am determined to find some new heela today. So about another 30 minutes away is a large aldo outlet, the one in the mall isnt an outlet. 

Off i go driving to the next outlet. By the time i got there it was dark and not very many cars in the lot. So into aldo i went! Walked around serching the clearance section as the sales lady came over checking in on me. Asked what size im looking for (11) as she informed that they dont get to many 11s in and that she wishes they had more because she also wears an 11. Then she started to bring out evey size 11 they had in the store! I was so overwhelmed with how excited she was getting helping me and seeing me walk with ease in the highest pair of heels they had. Which were a pair of platform strappy sandals (elyni i believe) with about a 5 inch heel and about an inch platform. They were very comfortable and a joy to wear but i couldnt justify buying them since they wernt what i was looking for. 

All in all it was a fantastic day, i tried on more heels than i ever have and had a great time walking around aldo with the sales women enjoying it as much as i was. I will deffinitly go back!

Can't wait for the next adventure!

• Like 8

Sound like you had a very pleasant (dare I say fun?) shoe shopping experience. I have found the folks at Aldo to be very kind and helpful when shopping for and trying on heels. Plus their styles look fabulous!!   Have fun!!    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

@Jeremy1986 im looking for a basic black leather pump and or black leather boot probly ankle to calf height. Both preferably in the 4.25 to 5 inch heel range. The booties i have now are a 4 inch heel and i would like something a little taller without a platform. Also im not really a fan of the chunky heel i tend to like the stiletto look much much more.

Before yesterday i havnt really started looking

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 2