Posting

CAT

What is the deal with posting pics.  I know I have several albums but it’s a pain in the ass cropping down to less the 512mb   I’m trying to upload pics of me out on Friday night and about all I can get to load is the heel of the shoe.   Any suggestions,,,,, I know there has to be a way 

I use Irfanview for all simple picture editing. It's free, quick and easy to use.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If I simply want to reduce the size of a picture file there are plenty of "right click" tools for Windows. Example: https://www.digitalred.com/support/windows/image-resizing/

When editing images don't confuse the number of pixels with file size. You can have a lot of pixels but small files if you use a lot of JPEG compression. This usually gives better quality than reducing the number of pixels and using less JPEG compression.

I don't know about equivalent tools for Linux and Mac.

Edited by at9
Added info

If you are using an android phone for taking your pictures and posting your photos, you can use google play store to download apps. I had the same problem with my new phone. High quality pictures but no way to reduce photo size besides cropping. I found a simple app called photo and picture resizing. Allows resizing by preset percentages or by customizing. Seems to work ok so far.

21 hours ago, SF said:

All this high tech stuff can be very confusing....   sf

I'm with you buddy, gets so frustrating going through all the trouble of trying to download pics only to have the site comment it is too big, I just give up on the pics....

• 4 weeks later...

I am so ready to be done with the difficult of creating an album and cropping pics down so far to upload them that there is nothing left.   Plus if added pics in members album instead of my own. Then it cut me out and there are like 5 albums with nothing in them.  I bitched before but this is ridiculous.  So is it me ? Am I that much of an idiot ? Ok don’t answer that.  There has got to be an easier way.  Somebody please help me.  Ok I’m done bitching,,,,,, for now  

Yeah, admittedly I am not up with today's technology that is normal stuff for most, but have given up trying to post pictures and albums, more than half the pictures get rejected saying they are too large.  Oh well, thanks to all that do take the extra effort to make their photos "fit"...

25 of your pictures appeared when I logged into the site and went to the forums page.  Looks like you figured out the problem??  Take care...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

When I double-click on a jpeg image it opens up in "Windows Photo Gallery". I crop using that program, then using "OPEN" on the top bar, I open "PAINT".  Under the "IMAGE" menu there is "Resize". Remember a 70% by 70% reduction reduces the size to 49%.

5 hours ago, SF said:

25 of your pictures appeared when I logged into the site and went to the forums page.  Looks like you figured out the problem??  Take care...   sf

Well, some of them fit, just left out the ones that were "too big"....Haven't figured out how to navigate the gallery thing vs posting on forums....

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Well, some of them fit, just left out the ones that were "too big"....Haven't figured out how to navigate the gallery thing vs posting on forums....

me too - I often do both :)   though choose the best few for the gallery and some extra ones for posts on the forums