oh well, I tried....

Semantics again.   'Negligible to the point of non-existence' does not mean non-existent, only that (given the world population etc), men in heels are an extreme rarity - to the extent that, for all intents and purposes, they are never seen, as you have discovered from your valid but fruitless observation.   But my experience suggests rather less rare than you believe; I don't dismiss a sample of 10 in (say) 500,000 as totally without value, albeit indicative.   'Negligible' must be taken in context and may be considered either quantitatively or qualitatively.   

Perhaps we should get David Attenborough to mount a 'Zoo Quest for the Male Heeler'?   (Actually, I suspect he would be amused by that idea.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a pleasant experience last week while staying at the Club Quarters in midtown Manhattan.

I was wearing my Frye cowgirl booties, they have a 3-4" heel.  I was going out for lunch with some crewmembers, when (what appeared to be the hotel manager) called out to me as we were milling around in the tiny lobby waiting for the other crewmembers.  The fellow made it real clear "he really liked those boots", and did not seem to mind speaking loud enough for others to hear our conversation.  I spoke with him and made sure I said more than the usual "thankyou", explaining that I loved wearing high heel boots and liked the way I looked in them.  I pulled my levis up to give him a good look also.  I really enjoyed this guy's enthusiasm.  I would have offered to let him try them on, but thought that might be going too far, and am guessing his feet were bigger than mine.   During lunch, I was wondering if the new manager was just a little "over eager" with his new position, perhaps just trying to engage with all his guests, perhaps he was just being a "wise guy".   Finally, I concluded that the new manager could not possibly be foolish enough to make fun of his guests, and had to admit to myself that the guy truly did like my boots.  Generally speaking, I'm not great at accepting compliments, "my own worst enemy", as my Mom always said.  This was a great confidence builder for sure....

• Like 4

From that description I'm certain his interest and enthusiasm was genuine. He wouldn't be so silly as to call out a guest in an ironic way. Perhaps he secretly wears heels at home and was intrigued and admiring to see a guy wearing them out and about.

• Like 1

Not great pictures, but here are my Frye cowgirl boots with 3" heels...

I love the look, and feel of Frye boots, especially their cowgirl boots with higher heels...These heels are only 3", but easy to walk in and look nice.  They are only size 10, real hard to find these boots in larger sizes.  I have stretched them out a bit, but still a bit small. 

I took my usual walk yesterday afternoon in Tampa, found the recommended pizza shop.  Two guys complimented my Frye's as I approached the pizza shop, I stopped to talk with them.  Felt great to get compliments, enjoyed a smoke with these guys and bought some pizza for us to eat while talking...I'm looking forward to meeting a fellow heeler in Boston next week, hopefully he can take some better pictures of us in boots. 

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

• Like 2

Don

my GF and I were in Florida just south of Clearwater 3 weeks ago.  Flew in and out of TPA.  Leggings and heels for dinner date !! Those boots are awesome btw!

B316A8C3-7E0B-49A5-B8DD-F8DEE9474AA9.jpeg

E585C7F7-D62E-4BB6-9CA2-AAC8713743DF.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 7

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, CAT said:

Don

my GF and I were in Florida just south of Clearwater 3 weeks ago.  Flew in and out of TPA.  Leggings and heels for dinner date !! Those boots are awesome btw!

B316A8C3-7E0B-49A5-B8DD-F8DEE9474AA9.jpeg

E585C7F7-D62E-4BB6-9CA2-AAC8713743DF.jpeg

Means a lot coming from you, thanks Cat.

Just now, pebblesf said:

Means a lot coming from you, thanks Cat.

And, you both look amazing....Sure hope we can meet up sometime in Chicago, thanks for all your encouragement...D

• 2 months later...

I can't remember if I posted pictures of my new Sam Edelman boots here, thought I did, but can't find the pics..  Oh well.

I am in Portland today, decided to take a stroll in my boots and get some dinner.  I came upon Nordstrom Rack, and recalled how everyone says they have larger sizes so decided to take a look.  They did have plenty of size 11 stuff, but only one style of boots I had no interest in.  I was leaving the shop while walking by a young security guard near the door.  We exchanged "hellos" when he said "it is great to see a guy in heels".   I stopped and we talked quite a bit, he commented on how well I walked in my heels saying I walked better than he could.  I thanked him for the compliment assuring him that I was sure he walked just as confidently as myself.  He went on to say that this location didn't have a great selection, I agreed but admitted to being very fussy about they type/style of boots that I liked.  I told him that I got these boots from Nordstrom Rack online, he said he couldn't really wear heels doing his security job here.  I laughed admitting I could only wear plain cowboy boots while working on the plane.  The young man went on to say that he didn't have the confidence to wear his heels publicly, except going to clubs or parties.  I reminded him of my advanced age saying "if I could do it, he surely could".  I thanked the fellow for his compliments letting him know he made the day great for me. 

Today was great, even though I didn't buy anything, continued my walk to Ikea, meeting this young fellow recharged my "confidence battery" for sure, felt on top of the world for sure..

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

I was leaving the shop while walking by a young security guard near the door.  We exchanged "hellos" when he said "it is great to see a guy in heels".   I stopped and we talked quite a bit, he commented on how well I walked in my heels saying I walked better than he could.  I thanked him for the compliment assuring him that I was sure he walked just as confidently as myself.  He went on to say that this location didn't have a great selection, I agreed but admitted to being very fussy about they type/style of boots that I liked.  I told him that I got these boots from Nordstrom Rack online, he said he couldn't really wear heels doing his security job here.  I laughed admitting I could only wear plain cowboy boots while working on the plane.  The young man went on to say that he didn't have the confidence to wear his heels publicly, except going to clubs or parties.  I reminded him of my advanced age saying "if I could do it, he surely could".  I thanked the fellow for his compliments letting him know he made the day great for me. 

Did you tell him about HHP?!  You all are pretty good at helping people gain confidence to wear heels publicly... at least it worked for me...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Did you tell him about HHP?!  You all are pretty good at helping people gain confidence to wear heels publicly... at least it worked for me...

I did tell him, hoping to see him here sometime soon....

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Had a nice encounter in Houston the other day at the SLS hotel.  The desk clerk and I were enjoying some friendly banter during check in, we were zinging each other about our professions.  I came back down from my room a little later in my boots and was enjoying a smoke outside by the valet desk, where smoking is permitted.  Suddenly, I was surprised by a fairly loud cry out saying "what are you wearing??".   The desk clerk from earlier must have been ending her shift, she obviously noticed my boots as she was leaving the hotel.  She said "let me see those boots, and asked that I pull my jeans up a bit".   "Damn" she said,  "you look great and can really rock those heels".   I thanked her and smiled, then we both laughed some more.  I could tell the valet boys were trying to sneak a peek also, but didn't want me to notice....

• Like 6

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Had a nice encounter in Houston the other day at the SLS hotel.  The desk clerk and I were enjoying some friendly banter during check in, we were zinging each other about our professions.  I came back down from my room a little later in my boots and was enjoying a smoke outside by the valet desk, where smoking is permitted.  Suddenly, I was surprised by a fairly loud cry out saying "what are you wearing??".   The desk clerk from earlier must have been ending her shift, she obviously noticed my boots as she was leaving the hotel.  She said "let me see those boots, and asked that I pull my jeans up a bit".   "Damn" she said,  "you look great and can really rock those heels".   I thanked her and smiled, then we both laughed some more.  I could tell the valet boys were trying to sneak a peek also, but didn't want me to notice....

Well done ;-)

So which boots were you wearing?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Look is fabulous. Not sure why your partner isn't fond of you in heels, i know i find quite attractive. 

Thanks buddy, appreciate the compliment...  I have certainly made plenty of errors in our relationship, so the negative reaction might just be resentment....  On the other hand, a little acceptance on his part would go a long way....Ridicule, and negative comments surely have not dimished my love of boots....  Oh well, no relationship is perfect, and our needs plenty of work for sure....

On 6/19/2019 at 12:06 AM, pebblesf said:

I love these boots, they are getting worn out fast, hope I can find another pair....

Now that I have figured out how to resize the pics, let me try posting a few more...

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

Great looking boots there mate and really nicely styled aswell, what’s not to like there , love it